PDA

View Full Version : Racing Games

FFNut
01-24-2016, 10:44 PM
Anyone else love these type of games? I was a huge Gran Turismo fan as a kid, and now I've been playing Forza Horizons 2 on Xbox1 and having a blast racing around the map and building my dream cars.

Pheesh
01-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Need for Speed Underground 2 was the shit.

Labella
01-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Its one of my least fave gaming genres but I recall having lil bursts of fun with Gran Turismo on PS1 n Extreme-G on N64. I love Mario Kart n still play it when my family gets together. Mario Kart 64 is my all-time fave racing game. So much nostalgia there n I personally found the Battle Mode way more fun than the actual racing lol.

Fox
01-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Yup! I work on the F1 games and I used to be in a league ^_^

I tend to play Racing sims more, so stuff like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Stock Car Extreme, but I enjoy a bit of GT, NFS etc when I'm in the mood. Also I got the PS+ Edition of Driveclub and was surprised by how enjoyable I found it.

fat_moogle
01-24-2016, 11:52 PM
I like Arcade racers like Burnout, MotorStorm and (wait for it, Fox) DiRT Showdown. But racing Sims? No. Too technical for me xD

Ayen
01-25-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm not the best at them, but I still get plenty of enjoyment out of them. Some of my favorite racing games are Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, Road Rash, Extreme Racing, Mario Kart, and Diddy Kong Racing.

Fox
01-25-2016, 12:18 AM
I like Arcade racers like Burnout, MotorStorm and (wait for it, Fox) DiRT Showdown. But racing Sims? No. Too technical for me xD

I am eternally delighted that someone in the universe likes DiRT Showdown! xD The Destruction Derby stuff was generall great fun!

I forgot about Burnout. I miss that series.

Formalhaut
01-25-2016, 02:25 AM
Only if Mario Kart counts. Besides that, not so much. The more technical the game, the less likely I am to be good at it.