PDA

View Full Version : Getting my wisdom teeth re oved

Jinx
01-24-2016, 11:18 PM
Who else has had this done? My surgery is tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous. I know it will go fine, I'm just not looking forward to the pain for the next few days.

How did you fare? Any tips or tricks to give me?

Pheesh
01-24-2016, 11:23 PM
I've had one and it was just a pull, didn't have to get it cut out or anything. I've heard some horror stories about wisdom teeth removals but honestly mine was absolutely fine. It didn't even hurt afterwards, just bled a bunch.

Ayen
01-25-2016, 12:09 AM
My wisdom teeth are still in my mouth and amazingly hasn't given me any trouble whatsoever, so I have no plans to have them removed.

We'd probably just run into a bulltrout money/insurance issue anyway, because last time we were on insurance it didn't cover the surgery for some reason.

Midgar Mist
01-25-2016, 12:24 AM
I grew all 4, then one crumbled away. I told my dentist and he said he couldnt see anything. Then it got infected and he had to pull the remainder out

Galuf
01-25-2016, 12:43 AM
whats a wisdom tooth.... sounds scary and painful ^^;

Galuf
01-25-2016, 12:57 AM
uh oh. when do they appear? afaik i no have any but im only 18, lol i uh dont mean to make things worse for you with these questions

Slothy
01-25-2016, 01:20 AM
Mine were fine coming out. Hurts after, but they gave me good painkillers. Expensive though.

Ayen
01-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Basically extra teeth you don't need. They're in the very back; you don't have baby teeth of them, you get them when you're an adult.

Unless they give you pain, it's really not worth it to have them removed. The only problem you might run into then is crowding. When they grow in, they often take up space your mouth doesn't have and can push your other teeth together and make them crooked (not to mention, crowding is really painful...I know!).

Crooked teeth is how mine are now, and for the longest time none of us knew why my teeth were crooked. I only felt the last one grow in, which I initially thought was my first one, but turns out the other three grew in without my knowing about it.

May no one ever question my obliviousness again!

Hollycat
01-25-2016, 02:02 AM
I had mine removed. you'll have holes corn and stuff can get stuck in for a while. the anesthesia is gooood

Mirage
01-25-2016, 04:27 AM
Local anaesthesia only, all 4. 3 slid out like a warm knife in butter. 4th made me wish for my life to end.

Idk if i can call the procedure surgery. She just pulled them out of their sockets with brute force.

Mirage
01-25-2016, 04:35 AM
even when it's just taking a pair of pryers and joinking on things? :p

Pumpkin
01-25-2016, 04:47 AM
No, but I'll have to some day and I'm scared. The dentists wanted to do it a few years ago but I just couldn't go through with it. My mouth is apparently tiny and they don't have room to grow in so they kind of stick out and they'll start rotting in my gums. One is cracked all the way in to the gums as well so

It'll be a big thing getting them out and I am scared :ohdear:

Mirage
01-25-2016, 05:09 AM
That's why my dentist suggested i should get mine removed as well. Small jaw, and signs of caries in most of them

Sephex
01-25-2016, 05:16 AM
I'm really hoping the title of this thread purposely left out the 'm' to signify teeth being removed because the letter 'm' could sort of look like teeth. If so, that's very clever.

Mirage
01-25-2016, 05:22 AM
and molar starts with a m

Sephex
01-25-2016, 05:59 AM
This conspiracy keeps getting deeper and deeper. Looks like we'll have to get to the ...root of all this!

(USER HAS SELF BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fynn
01-25-2016, 06:03 AM
I grew all four, but one of them turned sideways and had to be removed because pus started seeping from the little socket that formed between the tooth and gum.

Overall, it was pretty bad. The doctor said my tooth was really large and had a lot of crooked roots, as wisdom teeth often do, and since it was grown, it couldn't really be cut out completely. She kind of had to shave off a substantial part of my gum there, and while the bleeding stopped after like two days, it hurt for almost two weeks, and the healing tissue that was seeping from the wound ruined the taste of everything I ate or drank. I didn't get any stitches, but everything seems to be fine now. Though I read that it takes six months for the bone to regenerate there. I can feel that my socket has filled up a bit ;)

Bubba
01-25-2016, 08:56 AM
My jaw is extraordinarily large so mine all came through with ample room to spare. In fact, I could probably fit another set in behind them.

Fynn
01-25-2016, 09:14 AM
Haha, same XD Too bad one was lazy and decided to lie down and cause infections...

Formalhaut
01-25-2016, 12:35 PM
I've not experienced wisdom teeth yet, and I really hope they don't grow and/or bother me. My teeth aren't the best (they're somewhat crooked), but I've had no real problems with them. I've not had to go have fillings or anything.

SammieBabe
01-25-2016, 04:39 PM
I had all four of mine taken at in one go about 7 years ago. Soup and painkillers are your friends. :)

Hearts
01-31-2016, 08:00 PM
I don't remember much from the first day after the surgery since the anesthesia hit me pretty hard. I never experienced any pain throughout the whole process and recovery though. My advice would be to consistently take ibuprofen for a few days, even if you aren't experiencing any pain. Also to keep ice wrapped around your jaw line- it'll reduce swelling and pain.