PDA

View Full Version : EoFF avatars.....

Midgar Mist
01-25-2016, 03:59 PM
So, ive been here about 6 weeks and in that time I've seen a number of you go through more than one change to your avatar picture. My question is this: what inspires you to change your avatar? Just curious :-)

Night Fury
01-25-2016, 04:08 PM
I just change it to confuse people or to reflect what I'm into at the moment.

Also loooooooook I just changed.

starlet
01-25-2016, 04:12 PM
The same thing that inspires me to change my hair color; boredom.

Fynn
01-25-2016, 04:16 PM
I was Minwu for the longest time, then I decided to shorten my name and change my image, so I started doing the character from whatever game I'm playing thing. And then I had an original character and the big fang thing just stuck with Bowser and Beast :p

Freya
01-25-2016, 04:23 PM
I just change it to confuse people or to reflect what I'm into at the moment.

Those things.

Pumpkin
01-25-2016, 04:26 PM
I change depending on the video game I'm playing or have just recently played. Like I have Until Dawn now!

I generally go with my favourite character from the game. I don't generally do FF ones though because that... that feels too obvious, I dunno

Pheesh
01-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Shia demanded it.

SammieBabe
01-25-2016, 04:36 PM
I've had this one since circa....2008? I think? Can't remember. Have been to lazy to change it since I came back.

Loony BoB
01-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Mental breakdowns.

Shorty
01-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Strong women I look up to or female characters I admire whose qualities I want to align myself with at the time.

Crop
01-25-2016, 04:45 PM
I like these pictures of myself.

Mirage
01-25-2016, 04:58 PM
I usually change my avatar when I come across game characters that I like.

Hollycat
01-25-2016, 05:00 PM
I change mine in the case that I find a new character I adore or like my current one, someone makes me an amazing avatar

starlet
01-25-2016, 05:09 PM
I change mine in the case that I find a new character I adore or like my current one, someone makes me an amazing avatar

I'm glad you like it! :squeeze:

Ayen
01-25-2016, 05:12 PM
When I find a picture I like a lot and want to use as my avatar.

Which is pretty much every other week it seems.

Psychotic
01-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Bored and fancy a change!

Hollycat
01-25-2016, 05:19 PM

I'm glad you like it! :squeeze:
:squeeze:

FFNut
01-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Just for the heck of it.

Formalhaut
01-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Good question!

My original name on this website was Balthier Rocks, and, well, you can sorta guess where my avatar selection originated from.

I then went off the rails and reappeared in 2013 (which is when I count myself as joining, to be honest), and became Formalhaut. I can't really remember what I had originally. In the earlier years, I generally tried to represent myself with a facet of my personality. My current 'default' set is of rain and sunshine, which summarises me, pretty much.

Lately though (and mainly due to Fynn and Pumpkin's Persona suggestions) I've been experimenting with video game avatars. You may remember I had Yu Narukami from Persona 4 crossed with the Ace Attorney courtroom, which I made myself and I'm pretty pleased with it given my lack of creativity. I then had an amended Christmas set (which was cobbled together, really). I currently have Detective Dojima, from the same game, crossed with a reference to the CSI line of T.V shows. I might continue the trend of crossovers. Who knows.

One thing I always do though is have sets. My avatar and my signature are part of the same theme, and they're never mismatched. I also have thematic sets: Game of Thrones come to mind, where I have a Podrick set.

Midgar Mist
01-25-2016, 06:43 PM
I change depending on the video game I'm playing or have just recently played. Like I have Until Dawn now!

I generally go with my favourite character from the game. I don't generally do FF ones though because that... that feels too obvious, I dunno

Strong women I look up to or female characters I admire whose qualities I want to align myself with at the time.

I agree with the highlighted statements. However at the moment for me consistency of avatar helps. Also i want my avatar to reflect my username. I chose Marlene to cover the Midgar (because Aerith wouldve been too obvious) and for my Profile Pic ive chosen Soulcage from FF9 to cover Mist, i could swap them and still stay true to my username actually. Ive changed my signature once, and I can see myself changing that one the most regularly.

Formalhaut
01-25-2016, 06:47 PM
The avatar is arguably the more important of the two. It's the only thing that shows up in visitor messages, and is right there, underneath your name.

I think both are just as important. I really do think about how I present myself on this forum, and part of that extends to my ava/sig set. The signature's a place for comedy, self-advertisement, anything, really.

Shauna
01-25-2016, 06:54 PM
I don't change it up very often. I think over my entire time at EoFF I've had... 4? 5 sets? I like being consistent. They're just a reflection of what I like at the time!

Midgar Mist
01-25-2016, 06:55 PM
yes youre right about the avatar, when i was using mobile internet more I could only see the avatars at first anyway. as for my signature, i changed it to a reflect a truer side of myself, the memory of the 10 year old girl loving Rodland! As far as my avatar goes, I love how Marlene looks in that still from Advent Children. It is also a side of me, childlike, wistful.....

Blackmageboi
01-25-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm assuming I picked my current one back in '05 because I'm ginger. I intend to change it at some point but laziness mixed with indecisiveness has kept me from doing so.

Depression Moon
01-25-2016, 07:36 PM
When I'm bored of it. I couldn't decide for a while what to change it to last time and then Final Fantasy IX announced for PC led to my decision. I actually wanted to use another image of Zidane, but it kept coming out blurry on here no matter if I shrunk it some so I went with one of the ones in the system.

theundeadhero
01-25-2016, 08:00 PM
I'll let you know if I'm ever inspired to change it. I once added a tail when someone force-changed my name to theundeadmonkey, and during some elections when I was theundeadvillain I added an eye mask. When C|_out foce-changed it to theundeadturkey it stayed the same.

Pike
01-26-2016, 01:43 AM
I've been Charmander for like two years which kind of started as a one-off thing but then I became EoFF's Official Charmander. :love:

But then I played Undertale so I'm Mettaton for a while. (I'll go back to Charmander eventually!)

Slothy
01-26-2016, 02:13 AM
It really depends on which is stronger at a given moment: my desire to drive fast or my thirst for blood.

Karifean
01-26-2016, 02:50 AM
It's an insane character that puts a crazy expression on my face from something I'm currently massively into.

Good enough for me.

krissy
01-26-2016, 03:16 AM
media drives mostly everything i do on the internet

theundeadhero
01-26-2016, 05:11 AM
Has there been an influence in changing your avatar outside of the media at all ever?

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 04:16 PM
Whatever makes me look coolest.

Aulayna
01-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Boredom usually. If I'm bored I tend to open Photoshop up and make things. Either that or I'm obsessively fangirling over something and want to tell the world, or I find some cool art I like.

Though I think I've been using this set for ... nearly 2 years now! (well apart from the switch when Type-0 HD was coming out)

Bubba
01-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Apart from a few brief occasions over the years, and during Game of Thrones periods, I have always been and always will be Tonberry. Specifically, the one from the handful of starter Avatars EOFF provides.

It is my firm belief that if I ever leave or die, that will forever be remembered as mine.

Tonberry 4eva.

escobert
01-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Generally I just see something and think "Hey that'd be cool for a signature/avatar set" and do it.

Mr. Carnelian
01-28-2016, 11:53 PM
In my case, they're all Doctor Whos. First off, I had Eighth Doctor in my avatar and sig. Then, I kept the Eighth Doctor Sig but switched to a Fifth Doctor Avatar. Since then, you may I have noticed that I "stagger" my avatars and sigs: the Doctor I'm using as an avatar will be the next Doctor I use as a sig. I'm not doing them in any particular order, just whichever one takes my fancy.

Formalhaut
01-29-2016, 02:44 PM
In my case, they're all Doctor Whos. First off, I had Eighth Doctor in my avatar and sig. Then, I kept the Eighth Doctor Sig but switched to a Fifth Doctor Avatar. Since then, you may I have noticed that I "stagger" my avatars and sigs: the Doctor I'm using as an avatar will be the next Doctor I use as a sig. I'm not doing them in any particular order, just whichever one takes my fancy.

Your seventh doctor signature looks haggard, and just done with life in general.

Night Fury
01-29-2016, 02:51 PM
I think my very first avatar and signature was Toothless the Night Fury, but back then my username was Lockharted. I've switched through a lot of Final Fantasy characters, some from tv shows - often times I like to do a set change with a friend so we'll match up. I was Amy Poehler for a bit and Shorty was Tina Fey!

Some characters I've had in the past...
Jane Porter
Toothless and Hiccup
Tifa
Sarah Walker (Chuck)
Buffy and Spike
Cordelia (Angel)
Cloud of Darkness
Terra Bradford
Arya Stark
Daenerys
Fang

There tends to be a go to for me for every theme... like if a few of us are doing Disney I'll be Jane. Being the Brit chick and all, and she's very much my Disney twin I think!

Shorty
01-30-2016, 12:33 AM
I had Lulu from FFX for years and years and I didn't want to part with her. Once I did, it's been a rotation of Abigail Larson art including Ophelia and Frankenstein's Bride, Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Margaery from Game of Thrones, Jenny Lewis, Poison Ivy, Ant Lucia art including A General Awesome Geeky Redhead and Harley Quinn, Zoë Washburne, Margot Tenenbaum, Narcissa Malfoy, Roxy Richter, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, and Veronica Corningstone. And probably others. And now Cameron Esposito.

I forget who I was when we did Disney sets a couple of years ago.

edit: fuck forgot Zatanna

Kalevala
01-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Oh, that's true. I forgot about the Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful sets. Those were/will be a lot of fun.

CactuarKing
01-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Whenever I find a good Cactuar pic that I haven't used, and have enough spare time/am bored.

Colonel Angus
01-30-2016, 07:03 PM
For my short time here, I've had quite a few. I had Funguy from Chrono Cross to start. I remember having Allison Brie in a Luigi hat for a while, I had a Dr. Mario set, Vincent from FFVII when we did FFVII stuff, I had Daisy Ridley confessing her love for Colonel Angus, & the eyeball spaghetti from a Daisy Ridley video (the sig I've kept, as I couldn't find one to go w/ my current avatar). Oh, I had the cheeky Cactites from FFXII.

I want to do my next set as Howard the Duck (which I'm currently reading), but really can't settle on anything.

Psychotic
01-30-2016, 07:14 PM
I used to always feature the letter P in my avatars but I kinda got bored of that. More recently my sigs have had men from behind... which sounds kinkier than it actually is.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/1falloutsig_zps4hdpm5pd.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/rings_zps7531399f.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/watchmensig2_zps3b048da2.jpg

Wasn't really a conscious thing I did, I guess I'm just drawn to that style of image.

Galuf
01-30-2016, 07:22 PM
Random.

Well except now its a memorial sig and my avatar is my oldest cat. but ill change it sometime.