PDA

View Full Version : Epic Gamiing Fails

Ayen
01-26-2016, 01:08 AM
What are some of your funniest gaming fails while playing vidya games? Tell us about them! Relish in your failure that made you so angry when it happened.

I'm actually kind of proud of this one:

http://i.imgur.com/TnRAw5I.gif

I was just driving down the road minding my own business when a car hit me, and then as I flew through the air the other bikers crashed into me at the same time.

If I'm going down I'm taking everybody with me, and I'm going out in a BLAZE OF GLORY!

Your turn.

Night Fury
01-26-2016, 01:10 AM
It was hilarious. In Far Cry 4 I was hunting a pig, which got snatched by an eagle, I shot the eagle and it dropped the pig, which flew down and landed on a Sherpa (salesman) and killed him. Pig ran off.

FFNut
01-26-2016, 01:14 AM
I stink at most games. That being said besides me thinking the AI will be different and trying the same thing over and over again, the first time I played Resident Evil 2 it thought shooting the alligator in the sewers had to be the way to beat him. I almost gave up after I unloaded everything I had at it with no results.

Ayen
01-26-2016, 01:30 AM
The pig thing is hilarious.

At one point during a play session of Rise of the Tomb Raider, I was jumping out of the way of enemy fire and fell right back into the spike pit.

http://i.imgur.com/vnMXNmQ.gif

I was showing those punks how to properly kill someone since they were so bad at it.

Formalhaut
01-26-2016, 01:53 AM
The pig thing is hilarious.

At one point during a play session of Rise of the Tomb Raider, I was jumping out of the way of enemy fire and fell right back into the spike pit.

http://i.imgur.com/vnMXNmQ.gif

I was showing those punks how to properly kill someone since they were so bad at it.

I REALLY did not want to see that. The death cutscenes in the first one were bad enough. Metal pole through neck, anyone? Tree branch through abdomen? I think I still have nightmares. I don't want to see that.

Anyway, the worst fail isn't mine, it's Mr. Carny's. I was playing the Overlord DLC in Mass Effect 2, and I was going through a standard enemy encounter. It was going slowly, because I'm really cautious by nature and don't like getting hurt, and he was watching me impatiently because it was admittedly boring to watch. Eventually, I was down to the last guy, but he was around a corner and so could attack me suddenly, so I was being more cautious. Mr. Carny wanted to just finish the fight, so he asked for the controller. I agreed, because why not and he was yapping at me to hurry up, and gave him the controller.

He promptly attempts to rush round the corner towards the guy (I was playing adept, hardly a close combat class), and gets promptly flamethrowered. He wasn't expecting it, and didn't backstep enough and died. Now I hate seeing my character die on screen, so I think I lashed out at him for awhile, I was seriously pissed. I'm still annoyed by it now. I mean, it was one guy left! So what if I going slow!

Midgar Mist
01-26-2016, 05:30 AM
Some of my funniest fails happened on the one and only Tomb Raider game i played (TR2). She was spiked by a moving wall if memory serves, anytime she got the spikes really (erm did I say funniest, I mean I SHOULD have been laughing instead of throwing a teenage tantrum) I am finding Resident Evil 2 funny when he dies. It seems silly now for this game to have a violence and gore warning since the graphics are.....of their time. Its damned hilarious when a zombie tucks into him and you get a message in blood saying 'You Died'

FFNut
01-26-2016, 05:33 AM
Some of my funniest fails happened on the one and only Tomb Raider game i played (TR2). She was spiked by a moving wall if memory serves, anytime she got the spikes really (erm did I say funniest, I mean I SHOULD have been laughing instead of throwing a teenage tantrum) I am finding Resident Evil 2 funny when he dies. It seems silly now for this game to have a violence and gore warning since the graphics are.....of their time. Its damned hilarious when a zombie tucks into him and you get a message in blood saying 'You Died'

My my favorite time dying on RE2 I was bit bye a zombie on low health. Leon stood up straight, then flopped the opposite way he was looking.

Labella
01-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Skate or Die: Bad N Rad.

That is all.

Midgar Mist
01-27-2016, 01:10 AM

My my favorite time dying on RE2 I was bit bye a zombie on low health. Leon stood up straight, then flopped the opposite way he was looking.

Ive been known to back Leon into zombies without meaning to. Flesh starts being eaten and if I can't shake it off........

Sephex
01-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Here's one of mine. I made this years ago on a barely functioning PC so the quality is crap both audio/visual wise, but the game made sure I ate my words here. Skip to 2:04 if the timestamp did not work.

LBOcKgVDDI0?t=2m4s

Ayen
01-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Yeah, the timestamp stuff usually never works when embedded. I usually have to link it directly to do that.

GET THIS BUILDING UP TO CODE!

FFNut
01-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Just finished a Gran Turismo rally race that's like 2 hours long, spun out on the final corner and placed 3rd.

Iceglow
01-27-2016, 08:02 PM
Can I answer for two people? Can I answer for me and for NorthernChaosGod?

Ok so my own fail was in Halo ODST during the banshee mission whereby you fly through the tunnels and buildings taking out anti-air and protecting the drop ship. I got lost. Like fuck knows how but I was the most lost person on our four man fire team. I was so hopelessly lost, that Paul, Dan and I think it may have been Hux or Quin sat there doing the Benny Hill music at me until even that got boring for them and Paul came back to guide me through. To this day, I've never lived it down.

Julian, aka Nothernchaosgod made a fuck up of monumental proportions when he thought I was offering a fair stand up fight on Halo 3 with talk of a cage fight. Four hours, several thousand deaths and being mercilessly trolled by myself and Paul later and he finally gave up trying to get out of the cage to kill us :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ayen
01-27-2016, 08:44 PM
I don't have a gif of it, but one time while playing Yu-Gi-Oh Eternal Duelist Soul I had my hand on the D-Pad and accidentally went up on the opponent monster while using a power up magic card and pressed A too quickly, so I wasted it on the opponent's monster instead.

krissy
01-27-2016, 11:40 PM
i didn't know how to equip materia until i got out of midgar so i just bought a lot of potions and stuff