PDA

View Full Version : So, drugs...

Laddy
01-26-2016, 04:38 PM
What's your experience with it?

I'm pretty straight edge. Drug use was common where I was growing up and everything about it has become blasé. I love me some drinks though.

Shorty
01-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Pills, shrooms, weed. Have plans to try molly, coke and dabs this year because why the hell not.

I'd be interested in doing LSD, but I am scared about it.

Pike
01-26-2016, 04:53 PM
I live in a gaming cave and am scared to interact with people, so no, never tried drugs and probably never will.

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Weed, pills, shrooms, molly, coke, etc. Really most other than like heroin or LSD. Seconding Sarah in being too afraid to try LSD. The last time I did shrooms it went very badly so I don't trust my mind enough.

Fynn
01-26-2016, 04:57 PM
I live in a gaming cave and am scared to interact with people, so no, never tried drugs and probably never will.

Same

Shorty
01-26-2016, 04:59 PM
me buying cocaine for the first time

Slothy
01-26-2016, 05:00 PM
Definitely want to try weed, shrooms, and lsd myself. Hallucinogens are particularly interesting to me.

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 05:05 PM
me buying cocaine for the first time

Yes, sir. I would like a line please.

theundeadhero
01-26-2016, 05:23 PM
There isn't much I haven't tried, but that's all been out of my system for years. There's nothing I would want to keep trying anymore.

Crop
01-26-2016, 05:29 PM
Only weed which I wasn't that into. I was offered coke a few months back which I declined but while I do promote trying anything and everything twice (can't base an opinion after trying it one time!) honestly my days of being interested in trying drugs is over. Good old alcohol is fine for me.

Labella
01-26-2016, 05:30 PM
None. Everytime I went out clubbing tho I was always approached by those drug-dealing dkheads.

Processed sugar on the other hand...

sharkythesharkdogg
01-26-2016, 05:33 PM
I enjoy the occasional beer, and that's about all I'm interested in.

IMO there's plenty of better ways to escape and spend my time, but to each their own.

Formalhaut
01-26-2016, 06:02 PM
Can't say I'm interested, to be honest.

Pheesh
01-26-2016, 06:04 PM
I've injected one or two marijuanas back in my day.

Slothy
01-26-2016, 06:35 PM
IMO there's plenty of better ways to escape and spend my time, but to each their own.

To be honest, most of my interest in hallucinogens stems from what evidence is out there that they may be effective at treating depression.

That and tripping balls of course.

Fynn
01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Can't say I'm interested, to be honest.

Also this

FFNut
01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
The hardest drug I've ever done was heroin. Done Coke a ton, also smoked weed, popped pills I've done everything exept shrooms. I've never really cared for mushrooms in general so it was a food thing there. That being said I've been clean for 11 years now. However I do love my booze.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-26-2016, 06:58 PM

To be honest, most of my interest in hallucinogens stems from what evidence is out there that they may be effective at treating depression.

I really wasn't trying to sound smug or superior, so I hope it didn't come out that way. What anyone else does is completely their business unless it starts affecting other aspects of their life.

Omni-Odin
01-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Weed and alcohol is what I stick to now. Tried Coke, Shrooms (such a good picker upper if you space out the times when you do it and only do a minimal amount), and Salvia (worst thing in the world; literally went suicidal after it for a week, had to be watched). I really dislike stimulants, more-so for their come down effects. Still, I'm 28 now and I have no need to do anything crazy, but drink occasionally and smoke daily. I stopped the hallucinogens after salvia altogether. The world is already a beautiful place.

Formalhaut
01-26-2016, 08:09 PM
What anyone else does is completely their business unless it starts affecting other aspects of their life.

Pretty much this, though I'd never recommend drugs to people.

Sephex
01-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Nothing hard. Never even tried pot. I literally could smoke up any day I want to, but it just doesn't interest me.

However, I occasionally get prescription drugs. I have trouble sleeping, so I'll take an ambien for that. I purposely stay up on it a bit before going to bed because I enjoy the hallucinations that come with it. Plus, I get better sleep after falling asleep once it kicks in. If I try to sleep as it is kicking in, ironically I'll get distracted by auditory hallucinations. I haven't taken any in awhile simply because I am too lazy to get to the doctor. That and I've been using natural supplements to help with my sleep these days.

Vicodin and other stuff like it I will take, as well. I occasionally get gout, which is when a join will flare up badly because of uric acid crystals building up. I also have various pains in my back. I won't lie, I enjoy the buzz I get, but ultimately I use this drug as a tool.

So all in all, while I enjoy the effects of the drugs I take, I do use them for their purpose. I am a pretty big drinker and doing that for fun alone is enough to satisfy my desire to have a vice.

Hollycat
01-26-2016, 08:16 PM
I've never tried anything cuz I'm boring and also because I already know I get addicted easy

Zeldy
01-26-2016, 08:22 PM
SMOKE WEED 'ERRY DAY

I used to. 2015 was a giant blur. I love the stuff. I've tried coke and pills (bad times), mcat (omg so bad) and I tried one of the legal drugs too - that was probably the worst I experienced.

London weed is quite good, but I managed to sort out some weed in Vegas from a family from California - that blew my head off.

Alcohol makes me sick and I smoke cigarettes. So lots of drugs.

Pumpkin
01-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Other than the occasional caffeine and drink, nope. I have to be very aware of addictive substances because of family history and predisposition towards addiction. Plus drugs led to many bad things in my life (abandoned, left hungry, evicted, abused) and it's not something I ever want to be involved with. I am learning a lot about it though in my drug and alcohol abuse class.

I am considering addiction medication but it's something I'll be speaking to professionals about and making very sure of beforehand

Galuf
01-26-2016, 08:32 PM
nope. too "cool" fo me.

Mirage
01-26-2016, 08:34 PM
I do alcohol pretty often, and mdma a few times a year. tried weed some years ago, wasn't my thing. i hate any sort of smoking in general, but i didn't really enjoy it too much in a cake either.

I don't really have any desire to try much new stuff at this point. i feel like a bit of m now and then is enough, but I might try something psychoactive if i get in the right mood some time.

as far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm not doing them to escape a troutty situation, it's not really gonna be a problem. i've never used them for that purpose before

Pike
01-26-2016, 08:45 PM
oh are we talking about like prescription drugs too? Cause yeah I'm on a load of those.

I was also on prescription amphetamines at one point? NEVER AGAIN that stuff messes you up.

Jess
01-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Nicotine (but no real cigarettes in 18 months). Very occasional alcohol.

Otherwise, no thanks.

Mirage
01-26-2016, 08:50 PM
oh are we talking about like prescription drugs too? Cause yeah I'm on a load of those.

I was also on prescription amphetamines at one point? NEVER AGAIN that stuff messes you up.
really? works fine for me.

escobert
01-26-2016, 08:57 PM
I've done a ton of various drugs over the years. I just smoke pot now. I don't drink anymore or do anything else. Bong hits are all I need.

Sephex
01-26-2016, 09:19 PM
I've only done weed (and it seems like a lot of people are including alcohol, so that too). I'd be interested in trying LSD, shrooms, molly, and maybe cocaine, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do it either.

I've also used opiates recreationally in the past as well. Right now I'm using vicodin, but it's prescription and I'm taking it correctly, so it probably doesn't count. :p

Forgot to mention. Vicodin puts me in the best mood ever. I never get tired on it. If anything, I just want to get stuff DONE! It's weird.

I'd also be interested in trying a hallucinogen of sorts. Don't know where to start, what is "safe", or even if I should seeing how I would like to keep my job. But ever since I experienced ambien, I feel at peace in the heat of the moment. It's a weird sense of escape at times. I don't know, I am obviously having a hard time explaining this.

Bri
01-26-2016, 09:27 PM
I was a pot head before. My uncle had a farm where I would just go and get some and smoke everyday, even before and after work. Never during work hours. Alcohol consumed me as well, but not to the point where I didn't remember anything. But after work I'd hit the club with friends and drink and smoke. All that changed before having my first son. After that I stopped smoking and would occasionally have a drink. Up until now I only have a drink. My smoking days are all behind me but only my fiancee Escobert still smokes up his bong. I don't mind him somking as long as he doesn't do any other type of harmful drugs. You see that will definitely infuriate me. Other than drinking and smoking Mary Jane I've never tried any other drugs.

Leigh
01-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Staring into the middle distance, with a vacant mind whilst surreal caricatures with slight resemblances of human faces, only slightly mashed up like half a melted walnut whip, float aimlessly from my peripherals, loudly screaming random bits of inconsequential nonsense into your face.

Wait...that's work. I should really try LSD one day.

Slothy
01-26-2016, 09:40 PM

I really wasn't trying to sound smug or superior, so I hope it didn't come out that way. What anyone else does is completely their business unless it starts affecting other aspects of their life.

Oh goodness no. I just wanted to be a smart ass. Plus i have curiosity born out of a genuine interest in seeing if the stuff could have a positive effect on my brain. I don't typically have much interest in drugs other than that do it seemed somewhat relevant to your statement.

However, when i had a gall stone attack in July and was in the worst pain I've ever felt the hospital i went to injected me with dilaudid. I've never taken an opiate in a firm that i actually felt a high from before (a morphine tablet being my only previous experience). Let's just say that while i was feeling that stuff move through my circulatory system (and boy do you ever feel it), i finally understood why someone would want to do heroine. Mind you, heroine would be a bit tame by comparison. I don't recommend anyone go out and just try the stuff because we're talking about something that's five times stronger than heroine if i remember correctly but if you're ever being given some in the hospital you are in for a hell of a good ride.

theundeadhero
01-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Staring into the middle distance, with a vacant mind whilst surreal caricatures with slight resemblances of human faces, only slightly mashed up like half a melted walnut whip, float aimlessly from my peripherals, loudly screaming random bits of inconsequential nonsense into your face.

Wait...that's work. I should really try LSD one day. Ironically, while on LSD one night I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car during a rainstorm, and as the raindrops hit the windshield they made little smiley faces that would scream as the windshield wipers wiped them away. That was only the beginning of the craziest night I've ever had.

starlet
01-26-2016, 10:09 PM
I just smoke pot or drink on occasion... Pretty tame, I am. I'd probably try stuff if I'm in good, trustworthy company but I'm not itching to try things either.

Night Fury
01-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Never taken any and I don't really have any interest. Maybe one day. Who knows

Iceglow
01-26-2016, 10:49 PM
I've tried a few of the illegal variety and legal highs. I've no interest in trying any of these again, the effects aren't worth it and the money cost alone is ridiculous.

Also I simply don't get the hubaloo about coke. Maybe it's to do with how my personality and body is any how, but frankly Coke worked on me just like caffeine but stronger. I was super awake and couldn't sleep even if I tried. I went work about 4 hours after ingesting it and no one noticed I was high at all. It was totally not worth the come down which felt like a pretty bad hangover. I've seen some people react like they had some kind of super power with it but after two instances where I ingested through my nostril half a gram (2 lines) I'm yet to see any of the typical comments.

Never had any interest in needles though, not even once bro.

I Took the Red Pill
01-26-2016, 11:01 PM
I've seen some people react like they had some kind of super power with it but after two instances where I ingested through my nostril half a gram (2 lines) I'm yet to see any of the typical comments.lolwut, .5g in two lines is ridiculous, either your numbers are off or you are a masochist. And if you really did .5g and weren't feeling anything more than "caffeine but stronger" then that must've been some really, really low quality stuff.

Pike
01-27-2016, 12:17 AM

Honestly I think it's because I have an anxiety disorder. What it does is crank that up to eleven. If I didn't have brain problems it'd probably be fine.

Iceglow
01-27-2016, 12:36 AM
I've seen some people react like they had some kind of super power with it but after two instances where I ingested through my nostril half a gram (2 lines) I'm yet to see any of the typical comments.lolwut, .5g in two lines is ridiculous, either your numbers are off or you are a masochist. And if you really did .5g and weren't feeling anything more than "caffeine but stronger" then that must've been some really, really low quality stuff.

A gram gives approx 4 lines, if my calculations are not wrong. Which is when shared between 2 people 2 lines a piece and .5g each person. Now seeing as this guy was sampling his own product I doubt the quality was that low but I'm no expert and don't pretend to be, frankly I don't even want to be an expert on this stuff. Maybe it's the other stuff which I used to do in college what made me more resistant to most drugs or the large content of alcohol swimming in my blood counteracting it, but I wasn't any different aside from being more alert and awake, and my first ever experience of Coke was the same story.

A lot of things don't always affect me like they should when it comes to drugs and medicines. So who knows, maybe it's just my dumb luck or bad luck?

Ayen
01-27-2016, 12:39 AM
Never been exposed to them.

Never want to be.

Madame Adequate
01-27-2016, 01:48 AM
I've tried a few of the illegal variety and legal highs. I've no interest in trying any of these again, the effects aren't worth it and the money cost alone is ridiculous.

Also I simply don't get the hubaloo about coke. Maybe it's to do with how my personality and body is any how, but frankly Coke worked on me just like caffeine but stronger. I was super awake and couldn't sleep even if I tried. I went work about 4 hours after ingesting it and no one noticed I was high at all. It was totally not worth the come down which felt like a pretty bad hangover. I've seen some people react like they had some kind of super power with it but after two instances where I ingested through my nostril half a gram (2 lines) I'm yet to see any of the typical comments.

Never had any interest in needles though, not even once bro.

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2016, 06:32 AM
My experience is that drugs are fun, man. But I'm wondering why is not trying drugs rep worthy.

Mirage
01-27-2016, 06:36 AM

Honestly I think it's because I have an anxiety disorder. What it does is crank that up to eleven. If I didn't have brain problems it'd probably be fine.

I sometimes take some before going out, as it makes me more talkative and confident, usually. Also counteracts some of the bad effects of alcohol.

Vasher
01-27-2016, 07:01 AM
I fancy myself a beer "connoisseur", but;

Smoked some herb in the past, have been dabbling in it a bit recently (helps me sleep).
Had "X" a handful of times, even though I used to have 1k+ pills at my house (16-17 years ago). A close friend of mine that was a promoter for a number of "rave crews" came to me with the idea. I gave him the money for the "boats", he went to the parties with it. Stupid.
LSD twice (make that 3 times), but only once did I have a psychedelic experience. That was at the very first Electric Daisy Carniva, Rockahoola Water Park. Insane.
Never did coke, friends did/do. First time I even saw it was at a party (21). I kicked in the door to the bathroom and two of my friends offered. No thanks. One of them OD'd a year or two later.
No heroin.

Shameful.

01-30-2016, 03:03 PM
I am considering addiction medication but it's something I'll be speaking to professionals about and making very sure of beforehand

'Cuse my ignorance, but what's addiction medication? Methadone? Anti-anxiety meds?

Hearts
01-31-2016, 09:14 PM

'Cuse my ignorance, but what's addiction medication? Methadone? Anti-anxiety meds?

They're medications to help someone with a dependence to a medication recover from the addiction. It isn't safe in many cases to stop something cold turkey. Methadone is used for dependence. Suboxone or naloxone have higher success rates, though. There's also drugs like thiamine and the use of benzos for alcohol dependence. It depends really on what type of addiction you're experiencing.

Mr. Carnelian
02-01-2016, 01:32 PM
To all of you talking about taking recreational drugs...

02-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the detailed answer! It was very helpful.

Whoops, didn't include the quote. Thanks Hearts!

Bubba
02-01-2016, 03:20 PM
I dabbled a lot in my twenties. Didn't progress to heroin but tried pretty much everything else. Had the occasional lapse in my thirties but I know I'll never touch the stuff again.

Alcohol is my only poison now.

crashNUMBERS
02-01-2016, 03:31 PM
lol, "tripping balls." /looks down at signature/
hahahah

alcohol and coffee are also considered drugs, dont play yourself

I've tried weed, acid, and I think I did a perc once. I say that cause I really don't remember what it felt like.

stuff I was interested in trying at least once: shrooms, coke, ...and thats about it

nowadays I dont really seem too interested in trying any of that stuff tbh. Seeing these posts/or any time I hear people saying they've never tried anything makes me jealous of a time when I was able to say the same for years while everyone around me couldn't. On the one hand, I'm glad I have the experience of doing so because I now see both the sides of the spectrum and have went through the good, the bad and the bland. on the other, I wish I still had a fragment of innocence where I would use creativity and spontaneity to keep myself "up" and excited. there's nothing more boring than the revelation that certain groups of people you have to feel under an influence to be around. and also, you really do realize who's your friend for who you are.
drugs in a society make growing up weird, because it places some (jk, all) people in an awkward phase where they start seeing less people even when in front of many people. it feels so good that the goal becomes to feel like that as much as possible. so the people who arent helping you achieve that eventually become background characters and when you want to take a break you become a background character to this crew you helped build.

Mirage
02-01-2016, 04:52 PM

Are you including alcohol in that, or are you a hypocrite?

Formalhaut
02-01-2016, 05:18 PM

I think that was in jest.

FFNut
02-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Like I said in the post already I've been clean 11 years. That being said I do love alcohol and drink it often in a social setting. Coffee? I drink about 7 or 8 cups a day. Cigarettes? I smoke about 5 a day on any given day. Those were way tougher for me to give up then drugs that one day I just said ehh I'm getting to old for this trout now.

Mr. Carnelian
02-01-2016, 07:34 PM

I very rarely drink alcohol. I also avoid caffeine and sugary drinks. I'm so virtuous! :angel:

Like Formy said, it was a joke. :p

Pumpkin
02-01-2016, 07:36 PM

Anxiety medication. I just typed the wrong thing by accident~

Mirage
02-01-2016, 10:32 PM

I very rarely drink alcohol. I also avoid caffeine and sugary drinks. I'm so virtuous! :angel:

Like Formy said, it was a joke. :p

I don't believe you!

Shiny
02-03-2016, 04:06 AM
Did weed a few times and nicotine once by accident thinking it was weed because my nose was congested due to allergies. Also have had alcohol. And Vicodin I suppose counts but that was non recreationally. It was an interesting day in class after I popped that Vicodin.

Loony BoB
02-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Only prescription drugs. I have had alcohol and second-hand smoke. The former took a lot of trial and error before I could find one that I would actually enjoy, and I rarely have it these days unless I'm going out, and even thin it's in moderation. Second hand smoke was bad enough for me to be completely put off smoking. Marijuana fumes don't make me cough as much as the smell makes me gag.

I have a fear of drugs, I suppose. I don't know if you could class it as a phobia, because I'm not sure it's irrational and I don't freak out. But I don't want anything to do with drugs in general. Even my prescription drugs are things I'm extremely careful and wary of. Apparently the stuff I take should be addictive but I am more likely to stop taking them than to ask for more than the standard one-per-day I have to take already.

Blackmageboi
02-04-2016, 05:55 PM
I've tried most illegal ones except for heroin and shrooms. All the legal highs that I could find and plenty of wierdly named 'research chemicals'. Its been a few years since I've touched anything and have no real plans to. Weed was the only thing I consistently enjoyed.

The worst experience I've ever had with drugs was from the salvia which was a legal high at the time. The only way to describe my experience would be to say I lost a dimension. Turns out I don't handle psychedelics very well.:lol: