PDA

View Full Version : Resurrect a Gaming Franchise Take Two

Wolf Kanno
01-27-2016, 05:38 AM
Did this thread a few years back and wanted to see what people would love to see make a comeback. So what old classics would you like to see come back or which forgotten gems do you wish could branch out into a franchise since the core idea was brilliant even if the game didn't set the world on fire?

FFNut
01-27-2016, 06:15 AM
Id like to see a new Uncharted Waters game. Though they made many I think the last one That came to NOrth America that I know of is New Horizons (the second one). It was a great game that I still play today.

Also would it be so tough for SE to make a new Chrono Trigger?

Mirage
01-27-2016, 06:28 AM
Star oc... oh.

Um, secret of m.. nevermind.

Valkyrie profile maybe?

Zone of the enders (never gonna happen, except as a pachinko machine)

Fynn
01-27-2016, 06:28 AM
SaGa. I want to see more from this team!

Plus, we also just need the entire Romancing SaGa in the West. Give us 3DS remakes!

blackmage_nuke
01-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Chrono Trigger
Monkey Island

FFNut
01-27-2016, 03:50 PM
I was thinking that I hadn't seen any Mega Man games lately. Can we get someone on that!

Pumpkin
01-27-2016, 03:55 PM
Same answers as always

Dark Cloud
Suikoden

Karifean
01-27-2016, 03:58 PM
I'd go into conniptions if I saw a When They Cry 5.

Galuf
01-27-2016, 04:46 PM
final fantasy (joke sorry)

Sonic. as in make them good again. generations was a step in right way

Freya
01-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Crash Bandicoot.

Actual Spryo (Not the skylanders off shoot.) I like platformers.

FFNut
01-27-2016, 05:45 PM

Just finished watching the history of Sonic on the Game Historian's YouTube channel. It was interesting.

CactuarKing
01-27-2016, 05:51 PM
Monkey Island

Yes, if done correctly!! These were some of my favourite games ever!!

Sonic was amazing up until 3d became a thing, then it lost it's way. Sonic 1 and 2 I remember being my favourites and spending many an hour chasing Chaos Emeralds!!

Galuf
01-27-2016, 05:55 PM
i liked 1 2 3 and knuckles, adv 1 & 2 heroes generations

and 1 more. however ill be killed if i said :(

CactuarKing
01-27-2016, 05:58 PM
The music on Sonic Heroes was good, but the gameplay IMHO did not work in 3D.

I only briefly played Generations, and quite liked the idea behind it, but for me only the old-school 2D side-scrolling sections really worked well.

Ayen
01-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Crash Bandicoot.

Actual Spryo (Not the skylanders off shoot.) I like platformers.

I was coming in here to say this.

I miss the days where Crash and Spyro were good.

Leigh
01-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Well after 13 years of cryi, I am finally getting what I want in Shenmue III, so I shouldn't be greedy. Having said that...I third the motion for a new Monkey Island. And...Bushido Blade 3 anyone?

Formalhaut
01-27-2016, 07:40 PM
I agree with most of the following, but particularly Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. Those games were ruined by their later entries.

Del Murder
01-27-2016, 08:49 PM
2D Metroid. Is that what I said before? Probably. It's still true.

Iceglow
01-27-2016, 11:05 PM
COLONY WARS! FFS COLONY WARS!

I'm still on that

krissy
01-27-2016, 11:46 PM
jet set radio

Vyk
01-28-2016, 05:27 AM
All the things I want are either coming out, or still exist in some putrid mutation of its original self

I'd agree with Sonic, if only to return to its roots. Same with Knights of the Old Republic, rather than just "The Old Republic". Gimme another single-player RPG, put Obsidian on it

I'd also like a return to form for Valkyria Chronicles, Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, and Castlevania

I'd agree with Zone of the Enders, since there's really not any games like that around. But that and Castlevania are a lost cause, I hope Iga manages to capture the magic in his new game. And Konami can suck a nut

Sega hates us, so Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star, and Sonic are probably a lost cause. Even if they are made, they likely won't come out West. And even if they do, they will probably be terrible

Shining Force MIGHT happen if they lisenced it to Nintendo and let Camelot back at it. Atlus may be able to do it, but they've yet to make a tactical game that had exploration available to my knowledge. One of the wonderful things about SF was that it was played like a real RPG, exploration, talking to NPCs, wandering around the map. Actual down time. Rather than just battle battle battle, story, battle. Like every other tactical game

I also want Tomb Raider Legends back. The new Tomb Raider is alright, but almost too much realism. Legends and Underworld were like a summer block-buster. Just fun and adventurous with the right amount of drama and comedy sprinkled. But whatever. That one's a lost cause too

Oh well, the one thing I want that truly can happen, is a Saints Row spin-off. Not sure where they'd take the main game after what's happened, and I trust them if they decide to continue the series since time travel is now viable, so really anything can go. But I'd be more interested in them doing some spin-off elsewhere in the world, or back at their original city somehow. I love me some Saints Row

Fynn
01-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, I also want the FF Tactics subseries to come back. And Baldur's Gate. i know Pillars of Eternity happen, but I'd love to see a BG III

Skyblade
01-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah, I also want the FF Tactics subseries to come back. And Baldur's Gate. i know Pillars of Eternity happen, but I'd love to see a BG III

Someone linked me to a page for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the Wii U, along with the message "HYPE".

It turned out it was just a Virtual Console release, and I was crushed. :crying:

Fynn
01-28-2016, 03:38 PM
It's still awesome news!

Del Murder
01-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Ah yes, FF Tactics would be my other pick. And I'd settle for Tactics Advance 3 if that's all we would get.

Fynn
01-30-2016, 06:07 AM
Oh yeah, I also want someone to punch Konami in the dick and just mug them of the rights to Silent Hill and make Silent Hills happen

Ayen
01-30-2016, 06:15 AM
Oh yeah, I also want someone to punch Konami in the dick and just mug them of the rights to Silent Hill and make Silent Hills happen

I can promise at least one of those two things. Where's Vivi at?