PDA

View Full Version : Crockpot

Bri
01-27-2016, 08:14 PM
Any of you awesome eoff members got one? I do! But the serious question here I want to ask is how often do you get to use it???! I will straight up tell you all this, last time I uses my crock pot was many months back..:/ probably 5 or 6 times last year. I mostly do my cooking in the oven or stove top.

Freya
01-27-2016, 08:20 PM
I use it often. It's easy since we're a working household (As in we both work) so it's easier to just set something in the crockpot and let it cook all day rather than having to cook it after work.

It took me until last year to discover crockpot liners! That makes cleaning up soooo much easier.

Psychotic
01-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Nice thread! I've moved it to Quina's Kitchen as it's more of a home for food based threads. :)

I don't own one! Should I get one? What kind of awesome foods can you make with one?

Night Fury
01-27-2016, 08:34 PM
You should get one Psy. You can make all sorts! Even puddings! I usually just chuck some meat in there, a stock, and veggies and make a casserole!

Freya
01-27-2016, 08:38 PM
Yeah it's super easy for meats. Throw a roast in there with some veggies and yum! It's great for chicken things too. Tomorrow I was going to make a chicken pot pie thing in it.

Night Fury
01-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Basically just throw things in and hope for the best!

Bri
01-27-2016, 09:01 PM
Nice thread! I've moved it to Quina's Kitchen as it's more of a home for food based threads. :)

I don't own one! Should I get one? What kind of awesome foods can you make with one?

Shucks! Thanks Psy, I forgot I was in lifestream when I made this thread. I was going to make another thread in Lifeatream and got carried away.

Yes, you should! Night Fury and Freya are right! You'll be amazed.

Psychotic
01-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Maybe I shall, if only to announce IF YA SMELLLLL WHAT THE CROCK IS COOKING! to myself and feel terribly funny.

starlet
01-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Crockpots are one of the most amazing inventions ever! There's nothing like coming home to a home cooked meal after a long day working. I probably make stews the most.