PDA

View Full Version : Embrace your inner child

Pumpkin
01-28-2016, 03:44 AM
Ever do something that either reminds you of your childhood or is clearly aimed at a younger audience?

I played the Hamtaro DS game. It was obviously for very young kids but I enjoy doing things like that sometimes. Makes the world feel simpler. I'll read books from my childhood and stuff too like the Boxcar Kids (loved those) or listen to some music that was popular when I was younger. I got some colouring stuff to do as well, it was ironically offered at my college.

Vasher
01-28-2016, 04:37 AM
I have 3 kids, I "relive" my childhood every day. I play blocks, read old children's books, play "bad guy, good guy"/cops n' robbers, I play with Hotwheels, Nerf guns/swords, video games etc. When my neices/nephews/son's friends/friends kids are here late, we play neighborhood hide and seek, utilizing our cul de sac and the one adjoining. The kids love it. That's another "perk" of having children, you get to live out your childhood again, vicariously, through their eyes. That, and it really makes me appreciate everything that my parents did for me and my siblings. I do the same for my kids, because it meant so much to me, I had so much fun, I want them to experience that, and more. Camping, fishing, sports, hiking, traveling, holidays. My wife and I stay up every Easter hiding Easter eggs, baskets, candy, and gifts (all from the Easter bunny). Same for Christmas.

Anyhoo, "childhood", yeah, it's amazing.

Ayen
01-28-2016, 04:51 AM
I pretty much do this every time I play a retro game.

TheKeybasHKey
01-28-2016, 06:43 AM
I collect Toys, sometimes i really feel that i want to play with them just like when i was a child.

CactuarKing
01-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Although my children are more grown up, I still feel young because of them.

To relive my youth, retro gaming like Sonic 1!! Wow, what a game.

Sephex
01-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeah, sometimes I'll play old game or watch old movies like most others around here. Something else I found that's cool is this site that uses YouTube to simulate watching TV from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Sounds kind of stupid, but it is a good nostalgia trip. I usually float around the late 80s and early 90s. Below is a link to the 80s one, but you can access the other decades through it.

http://www.my80stv.com/

Shauna
01-28-2016, 09:59 AM
my entire life

Karifean
01-28-2016, 11:26 AM
I replayed Tomba! 2 a few months back. Such a fun game.

Galuf
01-28-2016, 11:44 AM
I play games like pokemon and sonic a bunch. Have done all life

SammieBabe
01-28-2016, 03:02 PM
I was clothes shopping a few months back and came across a She-Ra shirt. Had to have it.
Also, the offspring occasionally discover 80's cartoons on Netflix and such. Takes me right back to Saturday mornings in 1989. :)

Midgar Mist
01-28-2016, 06:55 PM
My inner child is out whenever I am NOT dealing with the following people:

-Department of Jerks (whoops) Work and Pensions
-Employers who leech off my hardworking selfless attitude but DONT put me on a permanent contract
-The TV News Media/British Tabloids who I swear would beam negative crap directly into my brain if they could
-Rigid, judgmental people everywhere and anywhere

Otherwise I am like this:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::bounce::cheer::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::jo ker::ariel::plumcheer::plumcheer::plumcheer::plumcheer::plumcheer::plumcheer::plumcheer::plumcheer:: plumcheer::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::peach dance::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::peachdance::ty:

Chris
01-29-2016, 11:11 AM
I listen to the Spice Girls, and imagine that I am Posh Spice.

Bubba
01-29-2016, 01:44 PM
The TV News Media/British Tabloids who I swear would beam negative crap directly into my brain if they could

I get my news from Twitter and occasionally read the paper. I never watch televised news programmes or listen to radio news. News on the radio is the grimmest thing going. It basically finds all the horrific deaths that have occurred in the last 24 hours and reads them out. That's it. I'm sorry but that is not the only fucking news you have to report on.

Back on topic, I still watch episodes of Pokémon and other cartoons from when I was younger. I actually bought the entire first season of Dogtanian a while back. That damn pup loses his woman more times than Mario. Most episodes he just walks around screaming "Juliette! Juliette!"

Shaibana
02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
inner child pff.. the child in me never left..
i will jump every trampoline i get the chance to.
i still love swings.

tho i must admit that i have been cured of cartoons.

i love doing childish things :3

Pike
02-04-2016, 02:32 PM
I guess for me it depends on if people consider things like video games and plushies/figurines at one's desk to be childish or not. I feel like we're living in a generation where it's okay to keep that stuff with you as an adult.

Anyways I'm 32 and I play a lot of video games. Several hours of them a day.

Freya
02-04-2016, 02:58 PM
I played that Hamtaro game! It was cute and fun. It was like 3 years ago or so.

I actually really enjoy the YA books and movies. I know I'm not their target audience but they've been fun.

I love animated movies.