PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution

fat_moogle
01-28-2016, 01:45 PM
I've started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was a free title this month on Xbox Games with Gold. I've heard good things about the series, but I tend to stay away from First Person games because I generally suck at them. I'm only a couple hours in but so far I seem to be enjoying it. I've got a couple praxis points now which I need to upgrade my augmentation, so I will have to have a mess around and see what's what. The story seems like it could be interesting.

If you've played this game or any other in the series then what are your thoughts on it? Without spoilers please :)

FFNut
01-28-2016, 05:51 PM
I enjoyed it. I downloaded it also as games with gold and played through it in about three days. What I like about it is the ability to either shoot the place up, or try and keep everyone alive and stealth through it. It's an interesting story for sure.

Fox
01-28-2016, 07:23 PM
OK, brief rundown:

Deus Ex - Objectively best game in series, one of the greatest games ever made, hasn't aged all that well.

Deus Ex: Invisible War - A big let down compared to the original. Areas were too small, the non-shooting gameplay was less interesting, the story wasn't great. Still a really good game, but a let down compared to the others.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - My personal favourite. Sacrifices some of the freedom of the original for improves moment to moment mechanics, especially in terms of stealth action. My main gripe with it is the XP system; the game is most enjoyable if you don't try and min/max and just play the way you want to.

Y414Q7vVgYU

Pike
01-29-2016, 10:35 AM
I liked Human Revolution a great deal, I don't think it was as built for stealth/sneakiness as the first game in the series was (which is my favorite) and thus was more straightforward, but it was still really good!

Still proud to say I beat the original Deus Ex without killing anyone except a few essentials who had to be killed to progress the story.

http://deusex.tumblr.com/post/123999925839/adam-jensen-does-the-safety-dance-at-sdcc