PDA

View Full Version : How was your January?

Pumpkin
01-29-2016, 09:33 PM
So the month is coming to a close, I figured we could share how 2016 is treating us so far. Bonus points if you want to make goals for next month!

Here's some of my successes:
-Started a savings plan
-Kept 100% average this month
-Got a study buddy and maybe potential friend
-Got a number to call to (hopefully) help with my anxiety stuff
-Wrote 9 articles
-Started to learn to drive manual transmission again
-Played my first horror game

Goals for February:
-See what we can do about making an on campus mental health support group
-Call that number for my anxiety and make an appointment
-Have a definitive plan about my Michael visit in March
-Try to keep my grades in the 90% and above
-Continue to learn to drive manual
-Get back to my weight loss goals
-Continue the savings plan

FFNut
01-29-2016, 09:35 PM
My January was trout, but I have high hopes for Febuary.

Goals for Febuary:
Continue writing the stroy I started.
Move to a new place
Find work
start repairing my relationship with my mom.
Find a nice place to live in the new City.

Ayen
01-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Got four new subscribers and a girlfriend. I'd say January was pretty great.

Galuf
01-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Nothing happened on january.
Goals for febury: Worry less

Del Murder
01-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Too wet.

Freya
01-29-2016, 10:05 PM
January:

Got a lot more organized. WITH STICKERS!
Bought a 3DS game. Haven't actually bought a 3DS game in ages, my 3DS had dust on it.
Got better at running, also got sick and haven't ran in a week in a half :(
Hit a savings goal! Woo!

Feb Goals:

MORE running
MORE stickers and organizing!
Hit my next Savings goal! Woo!
Get more chapters done in Novel 3
Finish Novel 1 (maybe)
Stop thinking about working on Novel 2 and 4-6 while not finished with others. Seriously, finish one first, Kaycee.
Get Garden planned and plotted out
YAY WALKING DEAD!
Read more books, damnit. You're 3 behind now.

I think it's going good so far.

Midgar Mist
01-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Got four new subscribers and a girlfriend. I'd say January was pretty great.

I painted in art therapy, I played Ukes and Percussion in Music Therapy
and......

I sang like her :ffvising:
I danced like her :peachdance:

In the privacy of my own cocoon.

I swooned like her :ffvitrouble: when he compared me to :ariel: and now we are this :date:

So now January is nearly over, its no longer tempting fate to say that January has been :dance: and :flirt:

starlet
01-29-2016, 10:22 PM
Saving up has been pretty successful this month! That's great, because usually this time of year I'm flat broke due to lack of business. Nothing else to add here, nothing exciting is happening until may. Though, I am debating making a weekend trip to NY, NY to see my bestie. Haven't made up my mind but flights are cheap right now..

Shorty
01-29-2016, 10:22 PM
Cons:

A lot of stress at work. Was eventually let go.
Before that happened, my bank account was already not having a super great time in recovering from December/Christmas.
I get the winter sads and they aren't fun.
Bombed on stage and dealt with it really poorly.
Suffered from a lot of writer's/creative block.
Had some generally unpleasant/awkward situations with the person I am seeing that I would have liked to have avoided but they were unavoidable.

Pros:

Have not had a breakdown about losing my job.
Met a lot of new people. Made a smurf ton of new friends and meeting a bunch of wonderful people.
Am coming into my own writing and feeling good about it.
Learned how to finally make good green Thai Curry #killingit
Saw Rhea Butcher and Cameron Esposito live again and :love:
Have been having a lot of smurfing fun on fb with a group of good peeps, some of which are from here.
Have been approached to be in a ton of creative projects with friends such as lining up my first comedy show, two different podcasts, writing for a satire site, poster commissions, dual-ran comedy twitter personas, and voice acting.
Feeling super creative lately and now I have a lot of time for focus on that.
Re-opened my shop (shameless plug https://www.etsy.com/shop/MarvelousDesignCo)
And as of a couple of days ago, I have a boyfriend and he is wonderful.

January was 70% good. I have no goals for February except to not die because smurf goals

Crop
01-29-2016, 11:29 PM
January was great. Probably the only downside is that the weather and it's always dark, but I have very limited control over those things.

February will be even better because I'm no longer in Dry January and I'm going to a wedding, also it just will be because I've been on an upward curve for 24 years.

Depression Moon
01-30-2016, 12:36 AM
Mine's was trout too. I still have no job. One interview I felt I did the best I ever did and still didn't get it. Life's been pretty sucky for me since I got out of school over a year ago.

FFNut
01-30-2016, 12:39 AM
Mine's was trout too. I still have no job. One interview I felt I did the best I ever did and still didn't get it. Life's been pretty sucky for me since I got out of school over a year ago.

Dont worry. New year and you'll find something.

Bri
01-30-2016, 04:03 AM
My January pretty much was quite a month, alot of happenings and some accomplished tasks. Hopefully by next month Bert and I will be done packing and moving into our new apartment. My son has a birthday next monty so hopefully we can do something fun and exciting ! And you all know what next month is as well!!?? Valentines!! I get to spend it with my honey bunches!

Kalevala
01-30-2016, 06:47 AM
Cons:

Still no success in finding a job. It's cold. Had one of my best friends from back home admit they've been in love with me for years and, despite me handling that news very well, are now being a dick about stuff.

Pros:

Still have enough money to eat/travel. Started posting on here again. Laughed so hard I cried many times. School is going very well. Might be starting a podcast in the near future. Tinder is as fruitful as ever.

Midgar Mist
01-30-2016, 06:49 AM
My January pretty much was quite a month, alot of happenings and some accomplished tasks. Hopefully by next month Bert and I will be done packing and moving into our new apartment. My son has a birthday next monty so hopefully we can do something fun and exciting ! And you all know what next month is as well!!?? Valentines!! I get to spend it with my honey bunches!

And I get to spend it with my brand new Honey Bunches :plumcheer:

(in the online sense but....it still counts)

Colonel Angus
01-30-2016, 06:54 AM
Started a new work sched, which I happen to like
Have a week off, which is always nice
Got Lego Avengers which is a lot of fun

maybee
01-30-2016, 07:35 AM
David Bowie died. Awful.

Zeldy
01-30-2016, 10:19 AM
My January has been crazy. I went to an assessment day on the 4th January for a job, had 2nd/3rd stage interviews all in the same week, and then travelled down to South England on the 11th January for 3 weeks of training to start my new role.

I finished yesterday, and I start my first official day on Monday - it's been such a whirlwind! and my head is filled with IT knowledge now ready to start.

:jess:

SammieBabe
01-30-2016, 03:22 PM
January went by so fast for me, I can't even rate it. But February is looking good because vacation starts Wednesday! :D

Night Fury
01-30-2016, 03:59 PM
In a word, shite.

theundeadhero
01-30-2016, 04:25 PM
January: Nothing notable happened.
February: Hope something notable happens.

My life is very exciting.

Colonel Angus
01-30-2016, 06:49 PM
I forgot to mention that I tried Strawberry Rhubarb Pie for the first time & fell in love w/ it.

Psychotic
01-30-2016, 07:10 PM
January was pretty good. I've had some great times with my friends, last night in particular was fantastic, we had some great laughs and now I've discovered a couple of neat new spots to hang out. My lowest moments were either accidentally dinging a Jaguar (car not cat) although the guy was incredibly good about it or when I sliced my finger open while attempting to open a bottle with a spoon (don't ask). If those are the only bad points I can't say my life is anything but great!

February is going to be pretty smurfing special and all being well will be the biggest adventure I've had in years. Let's do it.

Christmas
01-27-2023, 11:32 AM
It was awesome. I rode Samuel around and ate Jane for breakfast everyday until there is nothing left of her. It was so fun until Thomas got pregnant and ate Samuel. :(

Quindiana Jones
01-27-2023, 02:22 PM
It was awesome. I rode Samuel around and ate Jane for breakfast everyday until there is nothing left of her. It was so fun until Thomas got pregnant and ate Samuel. :(

I tried to get ChatGPT to create a response to this comment, but it keeps erroring out.

Christmas, you broke AI.

Quindiana Jones
01-27-2023, 02:28 PM
Wait, it finally worked. This is what it gave me:

The main difference between a smartphone and a tablet is their size and design. Smartphones are small and designed to be held in one hand, while tablets are larger and typically require two hands to hold and use. Smartphones also have a smaller screen size, typically ranging from 3.5 inches to 6 inches, while tablets have a larger screen size, typically ranging from 7 inches to 12 inches. Additionally, smartphones are primarily designed for making calls and sending text messages, while tablets are designed for a wider range of activities such as web browsing, watching videos, playing games, and reading e-books.

I am less worried about the AI revolution now.