PDA

View Full Version : This Forum needs a Grandia Thread: Which one do you like?

Midgar Mist
01-30-2016, 01:50 AM
I like the first one.

Justin is a young, endearingly innocent adventurer with spirit
Feena is a care free adventurous beauty, and a strong female role model

I like finding pretty treasures, love the innovative magic system (find a Mana Egg, add whatever magic you want to any character and see what happens)

Additionally to magic, youve got cool moves that grow with the right combination of weapon experience

You have both MP and SP at your disposal

You have voice acting long before Square thought to do it.

Love the graphics, simple yet beautiful

And the music....as good as anything you hear in Final Fantasy

Over to you Forum dudes........

Fynn
01-30-2016, 06:00 AM
I have t played I, but I beat II and liked it quite a lot. I say this often but it's worth repeating - Grandia II is FFX done better, at least, if not done right.

Shauna
01-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Grandia and Grandia II are excellent games. Grandia III... felt like a bit of an uninspired rehash that wasn't particularly engaging, but it was still super fun in terms of battle system. The battle system is fantastic in Grandia, and I will always love it.

Just got to hammer out the dungeon grind that is Grandia Xtreme and then I'll have completed the quad-fecta.

Vyk
01-30-2016, 06:22 PM
I never beat it but I adored the first game. So charming and endearing. Having trouble getting into the second now that I have it for PC but someday I'll give it a fair shake and we'll see. I'm playing through Wild Arms 3 right now though so it can wait

Wolf Kanno
01-30-2016, 07:27 PM
I have the first one but it has been ages since I played through it. It was a fun game with a really great battle system but I kind of remember the plot being a bit hokey and the cast was a bit forgettable for me. I should probably dive in a second time to refresh my memory though.

Midgar Mist
02-02-2016, 01:52 AM
I have the first one but it has been ages since I played through it. It was a fun game with a really great battle system but I kind of remember the plot being a bit hokey and the cast was a bit forgettable for me. I should probably dive in a second time to refresh my memory though.

II is hokier (all that crap at the end about Ryudo, Elena and Milennia being joined by the earth or whatever, way to end a love triangle BADLY). I also dont like how they tweaked the battle system in II, i dont like adding my own experience points on, prefer that side of it to be more automatically the case after equipping and grinding etc....

Ive never met the acquaintance of Grandia III or Xtreme, im just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong console (also no money tree)

Shauna
02-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Wrong place, mostly. They were never released in EU.

Pumpkin
02-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I have never played one but I want to D:

Midgar Mist
02-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Wrong place, mostly. They were never released in EU.

I have never played one but I want to D:

But Shauna, you're UK as well arent you? How did you manage to play them?

And Pumpkin I highly recommend the first one, I think you will love it :-)

Fynn
02-02-2016, 02:41 PM
While I recommend the second one ;)

Shauna
02-02-2016, 04:00 PM
I have my ways.

I would recommend you play both, Pumpkin.

Bubba
02-03-2016, 03:47 PM
I was so sure this said Grandma Thread.

Now I'm disappointed there isn't a Grandma Thread :(

Fynn
02-03-2016, 03:49 PM
I was so sure this said Grandma Thread.

Now I'm disappointed there isn't a Grandma Thread :(

Make it a reality

Loony BoB
02-03-2016, 03:50 PM
It's been so long ago that I can't remember which I liked more, but I'm going to guess on the first one. I just remember really enjoying playing the games.

theundeadhero
02-03-2016, 04:07 PM
I played maybe the first quarter of Grandia II on my friends Dreamcast many years ago, but never really had a chance to play the rest of it.

Midgar Mist
02-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I played maybe the first quarter of Grandia II on my friends Dreamcast many years ago, but never really had a chance to play the rest of it.

I heard the Dreamcast version was the best in terms of graphics. I played the PC and PS2 version which had grainy cutscenes

Bright Shield
02-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Grandia 1 and 2 are both great. Personally, I give the edge to 1.

3 and X-treme have great battle systems, but horrible stories.