PDA

View Full Version : J.K. Rowling Reveals Names of Other Wizarding Schools

Depression Moon
01-30-2016, 07:40 PM
https://www.pottermore.com/news/ilvermorny-is-the-american-wizarding-school

Brand new writing by J.K. Rowling has revealed more information about the other schools of witchcraft and wizardry, and that the North American magical school’s name is Ilvermorny.

As for Ilvermorny… All of you eagle-eyed fans had an inkling that word was going to mean something special, and Pottermore will bring you more writing by J.K. Rowling on this magical school soon.

Castlelobruxo - Brazil (https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/castelobruxo)
Mahoutokoro - Japan (https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro)
Uagadou - Africa (https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/uagadou)

Fynn
01-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Read about this today. This is so awesome! She also apparently said there are eleven large schools like that in the world, so U can't wait to hear more

Del Murder
01-30-2016, 08:55 PM
I wonder what the North American wizards were doing while Volderhitler was taking over.

Galuf
01-30-2016, 08:56 PM
didnt even think there was more :lol: stupid me

Depression Moon
01-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Much (some would say all) magic originated in Africa, and Uagadou graduates are especially well versed in Astronomy, Alchemy and Self-Transfiguration. The wand is a European invention, and while African witches and wizards have adopted it as a useful tool in the last century, many spells are cast simply by pointing the finger or through hand gestures.

Uagadou seems legit. I always thought it was weird how wizards and witches in Harry Potter seemed to forget they could use magic without wands. This African school would blow Hogwarts out the water considering that they aren't useless without wands and they seem to accomplish more in general with 14 year old Animagus and trout.

I'd like to see J.K. Rowling let an African author write a book about this school.

Old Manus
01-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Well I don't need three guesses to figure out which country 'Uagadou' is in.

Pheesh
01-30-2016, 11:19 PM
The Australian school has no real speciality aside from its former Headmaster also holding the world record for most ogden's firewhiskey shots downed in a minute.

Ayen
01-30-2016, 11:48 PM
I wonder what the North American wizards were doing while Volderhitler was taking over.

Doing our 40's routine of 'not getting involved' unless we're attacked, and then we would've swept in and kicked Voldy's ass. Luckily for him that didn't happen. He got off easy if you ask me. :colbert:

Aerith's Knight
01-31-2016, 09:50 AM

Doing our 40's routine of 'not getting involved' unless we're attacked, and then we would've swept in and kicked Voldy's ass. Luckily for him that didn't happen. He got off easy if you ask me. :colbert:

Maybe they were busy fighting Mahoutokoro.

fire_of_avalon
02-02-2016, 03:40 AM

Creating a new spell so powerful it could decimate an entire city, then practicing that spell in the South Pacific.

maybee
02-02-2016, 11:41 AM

Well what were the Americans doing during the first part of WW II ? hMM ?
:colbert:

Del Murder
02-03-2016, 05:18 AM
Was there a WWII in that world? Plus the first time Voldemort took over? You would think the world would pitch a hand when another powerful maniac starts mobilizing.

maybee
02-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Was there a WWII in that world? Plus the first time Voldemort took over? You would think the world would pitch a hand when another powerful maniac starts mobilizing.

I think it was said in Philosophers Stone that Dumbledore killed a evil wizard or something ? Before Voldemort came to power ?

Fynn
02-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Yes, Grindelwald. His boyfriend.

Karifean
02-03-2016, 11:58 AM
"Magic Place"? Man those Japanese wizards have literally no imagination.

Fynn
02-03-2016, 12:02 PM
To be fair, that is how they name stuff

Loony BoB
02-03-2016, 02:49 PM
"Magic Place"? Man those Japanese wizards have literally no imagination.
Meanwhile, in Japan...

"Small crusty growths on the skin of pigs?" Man, those British wizards make no sense.