PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most accomplished Hero/Heroine in the series?

Wolf Kanno
01-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Simple questions, based on what the characters actually accomplished in the series, who do you feel has the best track record of obtaining their goals and doing the most good for the world they live in?

Night Fury
01-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Probably Lightning since she got 3 games to save the world. AND she models for Luis Vuitton now.

Forsaken Lover
01-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Goddammit she was barely in the second game!

Anyway....

If we wanna go that route, Cloud has beaten Sephiroth and saved the world 3 times now.

Yuna's saved the world twice. Yuna also has the benefit of not inflicting damage before fixing things. Most FF heroes have a track record of helping the villains before killing them so in effect they are doing a Right to make up for a Wrong. Not so with Yuna.

Fynn
01-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Probably Lightning since she got 3 games to save the world. AND she models for Luis Vuitton now.

Yeah, that modeling career really seems to be the most at FF character acomplished

Forsaken Lover
01-30-2016, 08:51 PM
I believe The After Years established all the non-FFIV Nintendo heroes are dead and their worlds destroyed so they are automatically disqualified for being colossal failures.

Wolf Kanno
01-30-2016, 09:15 PM
The Onion Knights from FFIII. Only one major character death that was tragic, other than that, they right pretty much right every wrong in the world with no consequence and never actually help the villain in any way.

Vermachtnis
01-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Tidus, he saved the world and got out and high fived Jecht. No one else high fived Jecht.

Night Fury
01-30-2016, 10:35 PM

Yeah, that modeling career really seems to be the most at FF character acomplished

It's totally a massive achievement. She's saved the world plenty of times - including Eorzea, and she has time to be a model. She's superwoman.

And yes, jokes aside, a fictional Final Fantasy character being tied to a fashion powerhouse like Luis Vuitton is just unbelievable, it's brilliant and is 100% an accomplishment.

Wolf Kanno
01-30-2016, 10:50 PM

It's totally a massive achievement. She's saved the world plenty of times - including Eorzea, and she has time to be a model. She's superwoman.

And yes, jokes aside, a fictional Final Fantasy character being tied to a fashion powerhouse like Luis Vuitton is just unbelievable, it's brilliant and is 100% an accomplishment.

What about Aki Ross being voted as one of the 100 Sexiest People in Maxim back in 2000? She's still the only fictional character to make the list.

Fynn
01-31-2016, 06:27 AM
Has she been modeling for Luis Vuitton, or Prada? I don't think so.

Seriously, who's next, Gucci? That Lightning really has it going on.

But yeah, really, out of universe it's just remarkable how marketable she is. From the moment they designed her they wanted her so bad to be the new face of FF, and they succeeded to the point that companies completely unrelated to video games also want to use her as their face. Amazing.

Sephiroth
02-02-2016, 12:12 AM
1. The Custom Charas from 11 and 14 as they make people pay Square every month.
2. Cloud & Lightning
3. Yuna

Shiva95
02-02-2016, 12:58 PM
I think it's Lightning. She fought for the future and saved the day more than one time.

Forsaken Lover
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM
She didn't particularly "win" in the first two games, though.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm going to go with Forsaken Lover in terms of Lightning's success rate seeing how Etro did most of the work in the first game and she's largely useless in XIII-2 since it's more of the Serah/Noel show. She's also pretty much being manipulated by the Big Bad to do his bidding for most of Lightning's Return.

Cloud is also largely played like a fiddle for most of VII and AC. Not to mention Aerith dying, Sector 7 getting trashed, Midgard is destroyed...

Sephiroth
02-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I must have forgotten about how Terra opened Esperville for the Empire and how they got the Espers from the gathering place or how Zidane's group got the Gulug Stone or how the party broke the Void Seal for X-Death that was disguised as monsters.

And stuff.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2016, 07:38 PM
I must have forgotten about how Terra opened Esperville for the Empire and how they got the Espers from the gathering place or how Zidane's group got the Gulug Stone or how the party broke the Void Seal for X-Death that was disguised as monsters.

And stuff.

Hence why no one's volunteering any of those names.

Sephiroth
02-02-2016, 08:01 PM
The point is, they are all used. But do you really calculate their worth through accomplished - being used by villain? That is non-sense. They all defeated a big bad guy and saved the universe. That should be a big accomplishment not to be reduced by some random math formula and I cannot talk about the others but I would never "not mention" others just because they sometimes had to play the man villain's game. It totally depends on what situation we speak of.

Forsaken Lover
02-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Well if you're responsible for handing a madman the gun he uses to threaten people in the first place, surely you can understand why people are less thrilled with you when you take it away? The reason things got dicey in the first place is all your fault.

It's why I support Yuna. She never actually made the situation worse in any way. She only fixed it.

P.S.

IN terms of culpability though, Cloud should get more of a pass than the FFIX or FFXII party or whoever else. Dude literally could not help himself, he wasn't just manipulated.

Ayen
02-03-2016, 12:24 AM
The smurf if I know. The cast of FFII? Yuna? The moogle who sent letters in FFIX?

Wolf Kanno
02-03-2016, 04:21 AM
IN terms of culpability though, Cloud should get more of a pass than the FFIX or FFXII party or whoever else. Dude literally could not help himself, he wasn't just manipulated.

We can then absolve Kain Highwind and Golbez's bulltrout if we're going to go that route. Still doesn't help that it was silly for Cloud's group to hand it back to him knowing he can't control himself around Sephy. I mean the whole party knew Cloud was a liability and still never questioned him. You would have thought the second they recovered it, they would have sent half the group away as far as they could with the item instead of just standing around waiting for Cloud to give them the okay. Cloud may be inspirational sometimes, but he's kind of a lousy decision maker.

As for Yuna... she did kind of slow the whole Pilgrimage down by getting involved with Seymour and Yevon politics. Which lead to Seymour getting more powerful and following them around like a love sick puppy, which resulted in the Ronso massacre, so she's not as accomplished as you would think. Doesn't help the Fayeth did most of the heavy lifting in X's story...

Hollycat
02-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Im gonna say lightning since she had all three games, especially the last.
Also her real name is best name. It's my last name.

Also I like Louis Vuitton bags.

Skyblade
02-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Well, according to FFTA2, Frimelda Lotice is one of the most accomplished heroes in all of Ivalice BEFORE she joins your clan. A supremely awesome blademaster who is literally the stuff of legends, someone people will die for the chance to fight. She only keeps on the awesomeness after joining your clan, and could theoretically take on a huge portion of the jobs in the game, merely adding to her already extensive total of people she's saved, helped out, or done missions for.

Rin Heartilly
02-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Lightning: Saved the world a bunch of times, poster-girl for FF now (sorry Tifa), Louis Vuitton model, got 3 bloody games

Cloud: Saved the world a bunch of times, poster-boy for FF, is also a model for a bunch of things (panasonic mobile phones, energy drinks), has a sequel and 92302829 spin-offs, has the most public recognition

Squall: Saved the world and got the girl, rolling in that SeeD dough (he's probably one of the richest FF chars at the age of 17 and is not a poor-ass like Cloud), most chic dressed FF guy

Yuna: Saved the world twice, got two games and some audio thingies, no one hates her, she seems to be the biggest celeb in Spira

Noctis: He's so damn popular and his game isn't even out yet.

Galuf
02-05-2016, 06:18 PM
im with Ayen
FF2 heroes didnt do nothing wrong iirc and they killed neo satan.
i guess Neo god too in SoR

Sephiroth
02-05-2016, 06:26 PM
I think it is funny that Lightning models for Louis Vitton. I guess Cloud is some guy playing a Super Saiyajin in Dragon Ball movies.

theundeadhero
02-10-2016, 05:27 AM
Might as well add Zidane's Coca-Cola advertisement in there as well.

Loony BoB
02-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Gonna have to go with "Your Character" from FFXIV. Not only saving the world but doing their best (and to some degree succeeding, although a lot of work is yet to be done) to unite nations that were previously racist towards each other to the point of genocide. I'm sure we'll save the world on numerous other occasions.

As for accomplishments of non-MMO characters, hard to say really. I wouldn't say Cloud. Perhaps Lightning, though... she's the only character I can think of that has done so much on their own. Most characters rely on a large ensemble, but in Lightning's case in LR, she is the sole character you control, which I guess makes it a little more of an accomplishment? Maybe.

Let's face it, though, we're comparing people who saved one world with people who saved another world. In the end, they're all bloody fantastic.

Jinx
02-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Tidus! He's star player of the Zanarkand Abes!