PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke

Galuf
01-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Ok. unsure if to be here but ill put it here. im starting a nuzlocke of Black 2. im not used to this challenge but ill try. anyway it was somewhat inspired by Fynns Final Fantasy fmarathon (unsure wether that f in the marathon was a typo or not :lol:). anyway. ill just write how i get on an put some low quality phone pics too :lol:

thanks and any advice or feedback or whatever is great :)

FFNut
01-30-2016, 09:32 PM
Looking forward to following this journey!

Galuf
01-30-2016, 09:36 PM
Looking forward to following this journey!

Also forgot to ask. what starter should i pick? i cant decide i like em all. lol. also allows you guys a little involvement ^^

FFNut
01-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Which starters do you get a choice of in there?

Galuf
01-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Which starters do you get a choice of in there?

Oshawott (adorable)

Snivy ( grassy snakey)

Tepig (best cry since palkia)

FFNut
01-30-2016, 09:54 PM
I like Tepig. However I'm a fire guy usually.

Galuf
01-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Ok. Nuzlocke BEGIN! ah.. not played 2d pokemon in awhile. the memories, well actualy i didnt have much with this game :shrugs:

anyway. I'm Galuf.... and my rival is LN because he is a dude in chat who is... idk how to explain. (btw i dont really dislike him im not trying to insult). After leaving my house and talking to LN, i get my Tepig whom i called Pigatron-X i have no idea why. Ofcourse LN being LN he choose Oshawott :roll2:. Onto the 1st Fight!

In an Epic 3-turn spamming A, i somehow emerge victorius and Pigatron is lvl 6.

the next update will appear after gym 1

Galuf
01-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Well after beating LN i got sent away from home forever. First i got an annoying catching tutorial. *yawn*. However it turned out my 2nd pokemon is.......
Purrloin! Whom i named Whiskerena

after walking a few steps im called to by a man named Alder. Alder, atop his high clif, muttered words i skipped through before JUMPING OFF SAID CLIFF UNHARMED!!:eek:. He then told me to follow him to his house, and then to give LN a map. in this next route i obtained.....
Sewadle whom i named Sheetlebug ;)

Also funny to note all my mons are female :/
We arrive at a ranch to find LN wanting another battle. because i was switch training my lower
levels my Pigatron took a beating but ultimately i
won. now im off to search for a lost herdier.
(i think this place looks cool in winter :) )

Kalevala
01-31-2016, 12:24 AM
Haven't played Black 2 so I'm looking forward to this. Should be interesting!

Galuf
01-31-2016, 01:46 AM
Well first off say hello to our 4th member: MoonRabbits! the Azurill

we move up a bit, and me being the idiot i am, think a lvl 5 azurill could beat a lvl 4 Lillipup.
R.I.P. MoonRabbits.

After grieving i follow the path. thats when i see it:

The Ninjaz. A horrible team beating pokemon up. also known as Neo team Plasma.
Luckily this dude was a wimp and ran away.
I return to Alder, his next orders are to beat up a couple of childrens pokemon. ofcourse i oblige, now i must face the first Boss: Cheren, the normal type Gym Leader.

First: We fight a Patrat. Who will win? i may need to switch mons!

Sadly, an OP Patrat killed pigatron. im so bad at this.

So... Will our very own Shauna kill this tough looking opponent?!

YAY SHEETLEBUG!!!!!

Phew, a tough battle that was. it feels harder to win knowing you cant revive but atleast we won. Now i must head to Virbank city. see you next episode. :)

FFNut
01-31-2016, 02:44 AM
Great start so far!

Galuf
01-31-2016, 02:49 AM
Great start so far!

apart from the 2 deaths :lol::lol:

Galuf
01-31-2016, 03:02 PM
So after nearly losing, i head out to be interrupted. The same person who gave me Pigatron is now giving me a Watch/phone thingy called an X-Transciever

After this interruption, i head out hoping for some good luck (Also apparently its spring now) upon passing through Alders town i am interrupted AGAIN! by Biance ( forgot to mention her name) just to add a silly feature on my pokedex :roll2 geez. its not like i can catch em all on a nuzlocke. Well whatever, lets continue.
Uh oh some fat guy wants to steal my first gym Badge! However, he is a LOSE.

(Fat guy after losing)

STOPPED AGAIN!!!!!!!!

So Cheren decides to explain "dark grass" and how you can get into double battles or whatever. gives me Pecha berries too (cure poison) a foreshadowing of Boss 2. its here where i prepare a little grinding with with my 2 ( soon to be 3) pokemon. But first we enter the biggest place yet Virbank City! (nothing compared to the next city)
OFCOURSE IM INTERRUPTED AGAIN!

After that interruption i heal up. and catch my next pokemon.

(someones angry. reminds me of Eiko)
Atleast we get our newest pokemon, Psychotic the
Magnemite!

And ofcourse because im rubbish, Whiskerena dies

Sigh.... Oh well it aint over yet. turns out grinding here is nigh impossible with all the firetypes. but ill leave it here for now. thank you.

Night Fury
01-31-2016, 03:39 PM
I like this idea, but how scary! I hope no more 'Mons die! *fingers crossed*

Galuf
01-31-2016, 03:47 PM
if you wondering. i have to write on my xbox and put pics with my phone. so if you see no pics just wait a bit. im sorry

Galuf
01-31-2016, 06:58 PM
I dont even.... so apparently psychotic is dead now too. Shauna, that means you remain the final hope.

I Honestly think im now the worst pokemon player ever :( Dont know how long this LP will last..
i aint gonna even put pics here. i lost already. sorry to waste everyones time...

Skyblade
01-31-2016, 07:22 PM
I dont even.... so apparently psychotic is dead now too. Shauna, that means you remain the final hope.

I Honestly think im now the worst pokemon player ever :( Dont know how long this LP will last..
i aint gonna even put pics here. i lost already. sorry to waste everyones time...

Don't beat yourself up too much.

Nuzlockes are FAR harder than they appear at first glance. Especially if you get unlucky and lose your starter early.

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, most players naturally grind during a normal Pokemon game. Every time you go back into the grass to try to capture another Pokemon you haven't caught before, that's grinding experience. When you just grab the first one you catch, you lose that extra experience from all the rebattles, which leaves you lower level, with fewer EVs, and generally less prepared.

The starters also tend to be a bit overpowered. They have excellent stat distribution, and tend to have more powerful moves earlier, than a lot of other Pokemon, because they're designed to help ease you into the game and be a Pokemon that newer players can cling to.

I think your mistake was in progressing too quickly. Watch the levels of the Pokemon around you, especially on trainers, and make sure you're staying on par. Don't be afraid to use items, they can help out a lot (though don't rely on them too much, or an unlucky crit will finish things swiftly). And don't give up.

I think a lot of players either fail their first Nuzlocke, or crash hard and lose a lot of Pokemon to unexpected scenarios. Just try again. We'll still be here.

Galuf
01-31-2016, 07:28 PM

Don't beat yourself up too much.

Nuzlockes are FAR harder than they appear at first glance. Especially if you get unlucky and lose your starter early.

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, most players naturally grind during a normal Pokemon game. Every time you go back into the grass to try to capture another Pokemon you haven't caught before, that's grinding experience. When you just grab the first one you catch, you lose that extra experience from all the rebattles, which leaves you lower level, with fewer EVs, and generally less prepared.

The starters also tend to be a bit overpowered. They have excellent stat distribution, and tend to have more powerful moves earlier, than a lot of other Pokemon, because they're designed to help ease you into the game and be a Pokemon that newer players can cling to.

I think your mistake was in progressing too quickly. Watch the levels of the Pokemon around you, especially on trainers, and make sure you're staying on par. Don't be afraid to use items, they can help out a lot (though don't rely on them too much, or an unlucky crit will finish things swiftly). And don't give up.

I think a lot of players either fail their first Nuzlocke, or crash hard and lose a lot of Pokemon to unexpected scenarios. Just try again. We'll still be here.

Thank you SkyBlade :) im unsure if i should restart Black 2 or move to a different game. ( Games currently available: Emerald, Blue rescue team (though id prefer a video version for that) Soul Silver and both Blacks) i should finish this sometime regardless

Galuf
02-01-2016, 01:19 AM
Well upon trying to get back to the same point, i died again. sigh i guess i aint cut out for this. im glad a few people took interest but sadly i dont think im good enough to ever even get as far as i did again. sorry :(

Skyblade
02-01-2016, 01:28 AM
Well upon trying to get back to the same point, i died again. sigh i guess i aint cut out for this. im glad a few people took interest but sadly i dont think im good enough to ever even get as far as i did again. sorry :(

You mentioned doing a video run of one of your games. If you can capture video, you can probably stream. So, how about streaming sometime and getting some advice as you go from chat? If I had time off, I'd be willing too talk you through the beginning (which is the hardest part).

Galuf
02-01-2016, 01:32 AM

You mentioned doing a video run of one of your games. If you can capture video, you can probably stream. So, how about streaming sometime and getting some advice as you go from chat? If I had time off, I'd be willing too talk you through the beginning (which is the hardest part).

Sadly im playing on a DS lite, have no pc (hence why i have to write via xbox and put pics via phone) i love the idea though... i wish i could do it, but tbf my Oshawott got killed because for 1 turn only the lillipup outsped him :shrug:. after that someone else died so just gave up.

ill give it another bash i guess but idk... i think my luck of pokes has gone ( Well it went when i got my tournament eggs :lol:)

Galuf
02-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Well my Rubbishness hasnt improved. Midgar mist and Night Fury died against Cheren...:cry: that lillipup is worse than whitneys Miltank :argh: oh well. ill continue on but i dont have much hope. this is my 3rd try at this.
omg i give up. how can one beat this thing when A LVL 8 PATRAT BEATS A LVL 13 OSHAWOTT AND LVL 11 PATRAT?!?! i dont understand