PDA

View Full Version : Meal Prepping and Planning!

Freya
01-31-2016, 10:08 PM
I meal prep/plan on Sundays. Usually I'm prepping just Breakfast for the week. Breakfast burritos or Egg Muffins usually are my go to breakfast prepping! I plan out everything else. It really helps me eat healthier and helps out when I go to the grocery store because then I know exactly what I need rather than just guessing.

Anyone else do any planning/prepping? Any good go-to recipes for prepping/planning?

Pheesh
02-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Yeah, we plan our meals for the week and what nights we will have them so that we know exactly what to get at the grocery store and so that nothing spoils or goes to waste while it waits to be cooked. I think it just works better as a system and it also kinda hypes you up if you're looking forward to s specific dish that week. The best time to do it I've found is on a Monday because Sunday is roast day and you should use all that leftover meat (there's only two of us so there's always leftover meat) in the first couple dishes for the following week.

Shorty
02-01-2016, 12:50 AM
I have been very bad at this for several months. In theory, yes, I would like to plan my meals out. I need to screw my head on better for it, though.

starlet
02-01-2016, 02:12 AM
I think it would be easier to do that if I didn't live alone. And I don't mean just a significant other, I mean even a cooperative roommate or something like that too. It's hard enough just cooking for one. Sometimes I'll make stuff in bulk that can be frozen (stews and the like) but I get tired to find eating the same thing pretty fast. Most of the time I don't even want to bother with cooking once I get home.

Pumpkin
02-01-2016, 02:16 AM
I have a dry erase menu on the fridge to help with this!

Kalevala
02-01-2016, 02:37 AM
I have a dry erase menu on the fridge to help with this!

Oh wow, that's a pretty good idea.

I don't really do this but I'd like to start.

FFNut
02-01-2016, 04:44 AM
When I go shopping I buy a bunch of stuff I like. If I feel like something that needs to thaw I take it out of the freezer, however most days I just go hmm, I'm hungry. What should I make.

Bri
02-01-2016, 06:13 AM
I don't really prep. I just take out any meat, thaw and whip up something. Usually I look for recipes and make it right there. I really don't like the stress it gives me when it comes to prepping. If I do, I usually think it over in my mind and hope i stick with it.

Freya
02-01-2016, 04:07 PM
I have a planner notebook thing now but I was using a whiteboard like Pumpkin. I'd just spend some time looking at pinterest for recipe ideas and write out what i'm planning on cooking for the week. Then I make a list for the extra stuff I need and yeah! It helps when I have a busier schedule. If I have more time in my day, like on weekends, I don't plan as much. It helps though with my working schedule and structure.