PDA

View Full Version : One and done, or "Play it again Sam"?

Wolf Kanno
02-01-2016, 05:47 AM
Of course I'm talking about how often you playthrough a game. Do you play games through only once and let them collect dust or are you the type who likes to play them over and over? Obviously some games probably get multiple playthroughs if you love it enough, but where would you stand if you counted all the games you've played in your lifetime overall?

Pumpkin
02-01-2016, 05:58 AM
Depends on the game but if I like it, I'm playing through it multiple times. And I'm easy to please so I play most of my games multiple times. Sometimes 10-15 times

Ayen
02-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Uhh... half and half probably. I have some games I only played once, and several I played over and over again because I just loved them so much.

FFNut
02-01-2016, 06:36 AM
It depends on the game. If it has a great story with multiple endings I'm playing again. If the game was only so so... I may put it in again but not for a while.

Karifean
02-01-2016, 11:51 AM
I replay games a lot. Only games I enjoy, of course. I tend to enjoy replaying a game more than playing a game for the first time.

Fynn
02-01-2016, 12:00 PM
I usually replay a game when I get a craving for it. Which is quite often. My wife gives me weird looks because she's the type of person that plays a game once and that's it

Galuf
02-01-2016, 12:13 PM
well. i play games too much. i beat FF IX 4 times in 1 year, and i think pretty much every game i have ive beaten multiple times

Pheesh
02-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Depends on the game. Sometimes I don't even finish a game once.

Formalhaut
02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Depends on the game. Sometimes I don't even finish a game once.

I agree with this. If a game lends itself to replays, then I tend to do just that. I'm replaying Dragon Age: Inquisition to go another race and gender, for example. Of course, if the game itself is only mediocre, I may struggle to replay even if there's new paths to go down.

Other times, there's game with just one complete story, which is so good you can't resist revisiting.

Fynn
02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm actually bad about mixing things up for future playthroughs. I've beaten Chrono Trigger like 5 or 6 times and always went for the same ending :lol:

Formalhaut
02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm actually bad about mixing things up for future playthroughs. I've beaten Chrono Trigger like 5 or 6 times and always went for the same ending :lol:

Yeah, actually. All of my Dragon Age and Mass Effect playthroughs have been the 'best' endings for all side quests and plot arcs. I'm not one to play evil. All my characters are essentially walking saints.

DMKA
02-02-2016, 03:26 AM
If I really like a game I can play through it over and over, though not in rapid succession (I'll usually wait like six months to a year).

I've actually been replaying a lot of older games lately that I really enjoyed while I wait for new games I'm looking forward to to come out.

Pete for President
02-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I always replay my favourite games more than I buy new ones. FFX, MGS, Vagrant Story, Ace Combat 4/Zero, Dark Souls. They just feel like home and I play them from start to finish at least once every 2 years or so!

Midgar Mist
02-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Replay replay replay
Replay replay replay
Gotta always replay
Replay Replay Replay :-D

Sephex
02-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Gonna have to hear from Jinx before I can give my answer.

Zanmato
02-04-2016, 10:06 AM
I replay games only if they have some extras (often) or if they have a great storyline (rarely). :hattip: