PDA

View Full Version : Are you...

Bri
02-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Are you impulsive or compulsive? That is the question! For me, I am both. It drives me nuts sometimes.

Ayen
02-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Impulsive, I guess. Never really thought about it.

FFNut
02-01-2016, 07:57 AM
I'm impulsive. I get to a point I say trout it, let's do it.

Galuf
02-01-2016, 09:50 AM
um.... what do these mean?:shobon:

Pheesh
02-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Impulsive I guess. But are these two things mutually exclusive? They're not polar opposites of each other or anything.

Bubba
02-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Repulsive

Midgar Mist
02-01-2016, 01:53 PM
I think im very much compulsive but I can be impulsive when compulsive gets boring

Shauna
02-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I am definitely both in varying degrees.

Pumpkin
02-01-2016, 01:57 PM
Compulsive in some ways

Galuf
02-01-2016, 02:01 PM
With my talking. Impulsive. With my actions id say a mix. or rather there are times i do think. but the thinking gets me screwed. i dont fully understand the meanings so excuse me if im wrong

Psychotic
02-01-2016, 03:50 PM
I'm expulsive and repulsive. The second one ties into what I'm expelling, really.

Shorty
02-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Impulsive as shit.

Formalhaut
02-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Impulsive I guess. But are these two things mutually exclusive? They're not polar opposites of each other or anything.

I had to look at a dictionary definition, and I'm still struggling.

I guess it depends on the situation? I'm normally loathe to make the first move or one for spontaneity, but in a few situations I do jump in (normally for a friend) without thinking of the long-term consequences.

Bri
02-01-2016, 07:55 PM
um.... what do these mean?:shobon:

Compulsive means when you do things out of habit or thought of already. Impulsive is when you do things that lack any thinking. You just do it , taking risks.

Pheesh
02-01-2016, 08:09 PM

I guess it depends on the situation? I'm normally loathe to make the first move or one for spontaneity, but in a few situations I do jump in (normally for a friend) without thinking of the long-term consequences.

I will compulsively write a shopping list for my weekly shop, but impulsively purchase something that wasn't on the list that I fancied when I saw it. I think that's an example that everyone can relate to that shows how the two coexist very naturally.

Bri
02-01-2016, 08:42 PM

I will compulsively write a shopping list for my weekly shop, but impulsively purchase something that wasn't on the list that I fancied when I saw it. I think that's an example that everyone can relate to that shows how the two coexist very naturally.

True!! This is me. That's why I have Bert go instead. He follows the list.

Pheesh
02-01-2016, 09:02 PM

True!! This is me. That's why I have Bert go instead. He follows the list.

That you're aware of ;) He could guiltily be stuffing M&M's down his gullet in the parking lot!

Pumpkin
02-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I hope he does

Kalevala
02-02-2016, 02:17 AM

Yeah, I also do this.

theundeadhero
02-02-2016, 06:12 AM
Mostly impulsive. I find a life of loosely-controlled chaos to be more enjoyable.

escobert
02-03-2016, 07:40 AM
I'd say I'm more on the compulsive side. I can do things impulsively though.