PDA

View Full Version : So coffee?

FFNut
02-01-2016, 05:36 PM
D you wake up and start guzzling this delight hot beverage to get your day going? Or are you someone who can spend the day without any?

Myself lf I love the stuff. In fact I don't consider myself safe to thrive until I've had atleast a cup of this magic tonic in my system.

Pumpkin
02-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Don't like coffee, never drink it

Ayen
02-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Drank coffee once just to try it, and ended up spitting it out into a trash can. Tasted terrible. Tea tastes better, though not by much.

Freya
02-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Coffee is love. Coffee is life.

Formalhaut
02-01-2016, 05:48 PM
I've tried coffee once or twice, but I've always found it too bitter for me. I have to struggle to finish a cup. I'm fairly lukewarm on hot drinks in the first place!

Freya
02-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I add heavy cream in mine. I have to be in a mood for black coffee. I have cut out sugar though! Yay!

Formalhaut
02-01-2016, 05:56 PM
I add heavy cream in mine. I have to be in a mood for black coffee. I have cut out sugar though! Yay!

Ugh, no, black coffee! The most bitter of them all!

Bri
02-01-2016, 05:59 PM
It depends, I'll have coffee if I am still a bit sleepy especially if I feel I don't have any energy. But mostly I have tea with leche and asukal to taste in the morning. But, I do love the aroma that coffee gives off.

Night Fury
02-01-2016, 06:34 PM
I'll take any coffee!

Shorty
02-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Coffee every day. Iced vanilla latte is my go-to drink, cream and sugar for regular coffee, or if I'm feeling extra fancy I'll get a triple espresso with a dollop of whipped cream.

Shauna
02-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Pass.

Del Murder
02-01-2016, 09:48 PM
I basically got addicted to coffee once I had kids. Before, I would get the occasional Starbucks frappuccino, which is more of a milkshake than coffee. After the twins came I was getting one of those a day and needed to cut down since it was costing a ton of money and calories. So I switched to the less expensive iced coffee (I'm not a fan of hot beverages), and only added sugar free syrup and half & half to keep the carbs low. I eventually branched out and tried ice coffee at dozens of other shops, though Starbucks is still my main love. We also started brewing our own and I would ice it down and it has been pretty good.

I used to not like hot beverages but recently I have been drinking the hot coffee at work since it's free and pretty good. I'm up to two cups a day, one in the morning to wake me up and one in the afternoon so that I'm in an energetic mood when I go home to play with my kids.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-01-2016, 10:21 PM
I have a cup of coffee in the morning almost every morning. (95% of mornings)

I got up to a spoon of sugar in my coffee over the years, and realized that's no good for health, so I'm slowly going back to black.

FFNut
02-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I have a cup of coffee in the morning almost every morning. (95% of mornings)

I got up to a spoon of sugar in my coffee over the years, and realized that's no good for health, so I'm slowly going back to black.

Natural honey is is a good alternative.

Kalevala
02-02-2016, 02:14 AM
Can barely function without it. Dark roast black. Either via my french press at home (if I have time) or at the on-campus cafe.

I Took the Red Pill
02-02-2016, 02:34 AM
Dark roast blackMy man. I wake up, throw a pot on, jump in the shower, and the magical black elixir is ready when I hop out. I drink a large thermos in about an hour. I usually come home for lunch and have another large thermos. Usually that's enough to sustain me but there have been days where I'll require a third. I don't want to imagine grad school without coffee.

Crop
02-02-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm more of a tea man myself, but if I'm out and about I'll order a coffee. I'll always order a latte so I can say "thanks a latte" when I get it, because it's so witty and original and everyone needs to hear it.

Fynn
02-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Nah, I don't drink coffee at all aside from the occasional frappucino at Starbucks, but let's be honest, it doesn't count.

I'm also a tea man. Green tea is my absolute favorite. Also a big fan of herbs like mint or nettle.

Pheesh
02-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I will drink coffee occasionally, more so ever since I bought Night Fury a Nespresso machine (they make really terrific coffee). However I've never really found that they help me to wake up or anything, and I don't think they taste particularly amazing, so it's not something I'll go out of my way to have. If someone is making one and asks me if I'd like one then I may have one.

escobert
02-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Yes. I have two cups a day usually. One when I wake up and one on the way to work. I add lots of cream and sugar :D

Bubba
02-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Yes. I have two cups a day usually. One when I wake up and one on the way to work. I add lots of cream and sugar

Fixed :monster:

Midgar Mist
02-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Just had a cup. It prevents me from being one of Walking Dead all day :D

Loony BoB
02-03-2016, 02:36 PM
I dislike the taste of coffee but I quite like the smell, particularly in the morning. It's weird.

Formalhaut
02-03-2016, 02:38 PM
If someone is making one and asks me if I'd like one then I may have one.

This basically sums up my approach to hot drinks in general.

Freya
02-03-2016, 02:42 PM
I'm here to inform you all I'm drinking a large cup with some cream in it again. YAY COFFEE!

I got a kuerig at home recently, the coffee isn't the best but it's decent and it's super easy. I also use it for some teas too. Good stuff and makes my life easier.

Night Fury
02-03-2016, 02:48 PM
I do love a flavoured coffee - over Christmas I had a lot of Costa Sticky Toffee lattes, but really I just find they drown out the actual coffee taste, so I stick to a strong cappucino or flat white!

Also, skinny milk - otherwise I'll have belly ache and fart everywhere.

Galuf
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
:nonono::barf::barf:

escobert
02-03-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm here to inform you all I'm drinking a large cup with some cream in it again. YAY COFFEE!

I got a kuerig at home recently, the coffee isn't the best but it's decent and it's super easy. I also use it for some teas too. Good stuff and makes my life easier.

You can get a little refillable thing so you can use whatever coffee you want and don't have to pay out the ass for the k-cups!

Freya
02-03-2016, 05:13 PM
oooooo I didn't know that! I'll look into them

starlet
02-04-2016, 12:12 AM
yes

TheKeybasHKey
02-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Well i don't drink coffee beacuse reasons.

Rin Heartilly
02-09-2016, 10:09 AM
All I'm gonna say is....if you drink coffee on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up....you're gonna have a bad time. You will poop.

I hate black coffee but I looooove milk coffee, preferably ice cold and sweet. Although hot hazelnut coffee is so good :D I dunno if it counts but affogato (however you spell it) is good too :3

Midgar Mist
02-18-2016, 06:13 PM
I like it strong, with plenty of milk and two sugars. I call it the "Screw my Dentist Special"

Pheesh
02-18-2016, 06:15 PM
I like it strong, with plenty of milk and two sugars. I call it the "Screw my Dentist Special"

Can you call coffee strong if you're using plenty of milk and two sugars?

Formalhaut
02-18-2016, 06:28 PM
Depends on taste, I guess.

Pheesh
02-18-2016, 06:34 PM
I don't really have much sugar in anything so even one teaspoon in something and I can really taste it. Couldn't imagine coffee still tasting like coffee with 2 teaspoons but that's just me I guess.

Galuf
02-18-2016, 06:47 PM
one time i had 10 sugars in my tea. it tasted the same as with none :shrug:

Freya
02-18-2016, 06:54 PM

Can you call coffee strong if you're using plenty of milk and two sugars?
I guess it depends on the brew. I have a Dark Italian Roast that is super strong and so more sugar/milk isn't new. And normal roast may be lighter so less milk or sugar may be needed. It also depends on preference at the time. Sometime I enjoy that super dark roast and other times I don't!

Zeldy
03-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Coffee stinks. I don't like it. You all just need a nice cup of tea. :colbert:

blackmage_nuke
03-10-2016, 12:52 PM
On the rare occasion that I drink any I have instant coffee with milk, sugar and chocolate milk powder.

SammieBabe
03-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Programmable coffee maker!! Janner and I set it the night before, and it just makes the coffee the next morning. It's brilliant.
I'm a big fan of caffeine in general, mainly as a holdover from working overnights for nearly 5 years.
I'm sipping a caramel crème light roast now. :*

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-11-2016, 01:54 AM
smurf coffee.

Gross.

Ew.

:barf:

Freya
03-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Coffee stinks. I don't like it. You all just need a nice cup of tea. :colbert:
I like both :jess:

Bubba
03-11-2016, 09:59 PM
I have decided that I hate tea. It tastes like dirt water to me.

Wash your mouth out, young lady... with dirt water.

Zanmato
03-14-2016, 01:12 PM
How dare you?! :eek:
It's the best drink ever! :love:

Anyway... Back to the topic - I hate coffee! It's disgusting! :barf:
I wouldn't drink it, even if it could save my life or something. :lol:

Vasher
03-14-2016, 10:43 PM
I might be the odd man out here, but I love both coffee, and tea. Coffee every morning and tea every night before bed.

Those who dislike coffee probably just haven't had "good" coffee and vice versa. In my wife's country of origin they are "spoiled" by some of the best coffee beans around and become avid coffee drinkers at a very young age. She's a bit of a connoisseur. We usually have fresh coffee from her home, bring it back on trips (haven't been there in a few years, babies), and family brings it with them when they come to visit. We also love WF's fresh beans. Whole Foods has a great variety of beans that you can grind on the spot (the aroma :love: ).

Coffee supplies our caffeine fix, so my wife and I have a tea late to relax. We also drink tea for ailments (eg; immune boosters like Echinacea). I recently discovered Bigelow's Camomile. It's scent is identical to the one my mother would make us. When camping, not only did we drink it before bed, but she would apply it to our skin (my siblings and I), supposed to ward off mosquitos. Anyhow, very nostalgic.

So, yay coffee/tea.:p

Shiny
03-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Lately I've been having Earl Grey black tea more than coffee, but I do like a bit 'o joe. I only tend to like coffee the way I make it though with Agave which will likely give me dieebeetus.

BustaMo
03-18-2016, 02:22 AM
I used to HATE coffee. All of it. The taste was like licking a stale piece of bread that was pulled out of a homeless person's jock strap.

HOWEVER, I started working 3rd shift for a couple months and knew the energy drinks piling up night after night, week after week probably wasn't the healthiest decision. So I made the switch, brewed a pot for myself, and about 7 cups later got over my fear and disgust and now LOVE it. I've been trying all kinds just to diversify myself a bit. I don't NEED it, but when I need to stay awake, I'll drink it now.

FFNut
03-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Vas her is dead right! If you have some good beans it is a delightful drink. I don't suggest trying Maxwelhouse or Foldgers. They are both rather trouty. However there is great coffee out there that most casual drinkers will never try because of drinking the latter I mentioned.

As for tea I like enjoy a earl grey or I will drink sleepy time tea at night.

Shiny
04-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Today I made myself a cup o' joe only to be severely disappointed by the quality. Despite using it last night, the coffee now is terrible because the filter needs replacing.

Chemical
04-07-2016, 02:58 AM
I was never really in to coffee. The occasional Timmy's double double...

Then I moved to Australia and realised that Norh America has been doing coffee wrong. So so very wrong.

Now I coffee every day.
Latte, extra shot.

Kalevala
04-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I was never really in to coffee. The occasional Timmy's double double...

Then I moved to Australia and realised that Norh America has been doing coffee wrong. So so very wrong.

Now I coffee every day.
Latte, extra shot.

I guess it doesn't help that Timmy's tastes like roasted dogshit.

Shoeberto
04-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Real disappointed with the lack of black coffee fans.

I guess some cream does help if you have digestive issues, but otherwise there's no need to fluff it up. Otherwise it just doesn't taste like coffee anymore!

I drink 2-3 cups a day, like a good programmer.

edit: We buy cheap beans and freeze them, then grind them fresh for each pot. It seems to help preserve the aromatics but it might be psychological. I just use a drip machine though I have friends who swear by their french presses. I don't buy Starbucks or anything much but I do like hitting up coffee shops every now and again. It's just an expensive habit to have when it's relatively cheap and easy to just make your own.

FFNut
04-09-2016, 01:34 AM
I agree with Showberto here. At a how I have made my coffee for years.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Hell yes, black coffee. In Guiyang, there's a coffee shop called Highlands Coffee. It's run by an American guy called Chris who immigrated to China years ago. It is here that I realised how wrong I've been doing coffee.

Had my first black coffee there, and discovered how many flavours there were in it. It's not just a bitter caffeine dump, it's a maelstrom of euphoria. <3 u coffee

Freya
04-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I got some new flavors for my kuerig this week: Nutty caramel and Coconut Mocha. They're amazing and i've been drinking coffee after work just cause of how yummy they are.

Calliope
04-10-2016, 06:29 PM
It's my last day in Denver, and I just discovered this beautiful coffee bar. I had a latte, and then I bought a bag of coffee beans as a souvenir, which came with an espresso/sparkling water duo. This place is gorgeous, there's a fireplace outside and the decor is just lovely. I'm tempted to recreate this ritual at home!

As a side note, I was a real grouch and thought this place was full of hipsters when I walked in. Now that I've had three shots of coffee, everyone is my friend and the world is a beautiful place.

Yar
04-17-2016, 04:21 AM
I love coffee. I always have it black. ALWAYS. Unless I am at Tim Hortons, then I get a double double.

I have a cup everyday at work. That's enough to keep me going.

I have a french press and coffee grinder at home and I'm a borderline coffee snob. Love the smell of freshly ground beans :love: Also, dark roast is for those who think they love coffee but actually hate it. YOU ARE RUINING THE COFFEE WHY DO YOU ROAST IT THAT MUCH

Remind me in a few weeks to introduce you to sencha and genmaicha. They are my favorite teas and don't taste like dirt.

aarav01
05-17-2020, 07:23 AM
Having a cup of coffee can help people feel more relaxed and ready to be productive. In winters, having a hot cup of coffee is like a remedy to warm the soul. I especially use to have a cup of coffee because it makes me feel fresh, less tired, relaxed, and boost productivity and brain function including mood, memory, and general mental health.

Shaibana
05-17-2020, 10:54 AM
ive never had coffee and never will.
nothing about it apeal to me.
what i also hate is how glorified coffee is. when my parents come over they Must have coffee but obviously i dont have any (drink something else for once, ffs)

Lord Golbez
05-17-2020, 06:27 PM
No. Tea.

Vincent, Thunder God
05-18-2020, 11:40 AM
Coffee is awesome. I recommend Kicking Horse or Ethical Bean with a grinder and a drip filter.

Christmas
05-18-2020, 12:18 PM
Milk. :bigsmile: