PDA

View Full Version : Best Star Trek Series vs Worst

Midgar Mist
02-02-2016, 01:37 AM
I say what I've seen of the Original is good (Shatner's over-acting drew me in, the foundation of ideals Roddenberry set down keeps me there, Ive only seen season 1 though)

My favourite is Voyager

My hatred of Deep Space Nine is deep and real, deep and real

Discuss fellow EoFFers, discuss....

Slothy
02-02-2016, 01:40 AM
In a world without Enterprise, Voyager would be the worst. TNG is the best though DS9 comes pretty close for taking Trek to new territory that I think it was a mistake to go back from with the later series.

Ayen
02-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Best: TNG
Worst: Enterprise

Pumpkin
02-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Uh I haven't seen Enterprise but Imma say TNG best and DS9 worst. I also hate DS9 with a passion

I like the original just because it's so comical. I don't think it's intended to be though

Crop
02-02-2016, 01:52 PM
TNG the best, Enterprise the worst. I think that's probably the most standard opinion.

DS9 and TOS and both great, and Voyager is probably my biggest guilty pleasure, although there are some hidden gems in there, both character and episode wise.

Mr. Carnelian
02-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Best: if you'd asked me as a kid, I'd probably say Voyager, because that's what I grew up watching. But, now I'm all adulty and what-not, DS9, no question.

Worst: Enterprise. First season went okay, but after that it just spiralled down the plughole.

Galuf
02-02-2016, 03:50 PM
out of the 2 i seen ( mainly movies) best: the one with proffeser X from Xmen
Worst: the one with the elf dude (spock)

Madame Adequate
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Best: DS9, with TNG in a very close second.
Worst: Voyager. Maybe ENT, but at least that's got T'pol and I am enough of a lecherous old goat that this makes a difference.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-02-2016, 04:37 PM
The best is clearly TNG.

I'm not sure about the worst. It's probably Enterprise, but I still like that they tried something new again, and I hate legitimately blasting on things when people try something new because then it discourages innovation and experimentation.

But still, the time war saga wasted lots of time that should have been spent exploring and meeting the different races for the first time. It also took away from the idea of "going back to the beginning". It wasn't so hot.

I also felt that lots of interesting characters from Enterprise never really got their chance to shine, or get a chance to grow more.

Midgar Mist
02-02-2016, 04:37 PM
out of the 2 i seen ( mainly movies) best: the one with proffeser X from Xmen
Worst: the one with the elf dude (spock)

You mean TNG (aka The Next Generation) is your fave. Yes Patrick Stewart is wonderful, and I do have a certain amount of respect for TNG, it did used to be my fave until some others overtook it.

By the way, Patrick Stewart comes from near where I live. The town next door to mine that is, and and......Patrick Stewart's hometown is also my Dad's hometown :nod:

Ayen
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Enterprise was starting to find its footing in Season 4, but by then the damage has already been done.

Pike
02-03-2016, 01:49 AM
Best: DS9, with TNG in a very close second.
Worst: Voyager.

This

DMKA
02-03-2016, 02:18 AM
Best: TNG
Worst: Enterprise

This is correct.