PDA

View Full Version : Barbecue!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Its great! What is your favorite way to barbecue? What do you do? Are you pro-propane or are you a hardcore charcoalist?

This thread is inspired by that fact that I recently upgraded my propane grill to an awesome 4-in-1 grill. It has got a searer, a propane grill, a charcoal grill, and a smoker hollow. Hecks yes. I'm gonna smoke and grill a bunch of stuff for Superbowl Sunday.

Share stuff. Stories. Preferences. Recipes. Share.

Bri
02-06-2016, 05:16 AM
Hi! I love BBQ, I especially miss BBQ from back home. Since I don't have a grill I use the oven. I usually make my own marinade sauce. I use chicken, pork shoulder or ribs. For my sauce I use soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, chili powder, brown sugar, ginger powder, garlic and onion and for me secret sauce and I'll share is a cup and a half of either ginger ale, orange fanta or sprite. Marinate overnight, and your ready to BBQ :) Bert and I will be moving up to a farm soon so I am hoping I will have a grill finally. You should post pictures of your BBQ on super bow.

escobert
02-06-2016, 07:45 AM
I prefer charcoal but have no problem with propane. I too can't wait for us to have a grill to cook on. We'll probably build a stone one behind the house.

I love a good steak grilled. And pretty much any other meat is better grilled :D

Pheesh
02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Barbecuing is a pretty big deal in Australia. You're not supposed to go through summer without firing it up a couple times. I like to cook pretty much everything on the BBQ because it definitely has a unique flavour and makes meat ridiculously tender. If I had to pick a favourite I think I enjoy barbecued fish the most, or maybe Italian sausages.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-15-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm smoking up some pork country style ribs tonight. Mmm. They smell good already.

And I think I'm gonna have to give Bri's sauce a try. It sounds tasty.

Bri
02-16-2016, 01:11 AM
I'm smoking up some pork country style ribs tonight. Mmm. They smell good already.

And I think I'm gonna have to give Bri's sauce a try. It sounds tasty.

Yum!!! Let me know how it goes!!! Post pics of on picture thread!

Bubba
02-16-2016, 09:47 AM
MissH's Mum and Dad bought me a nice barbecue for our back garden at Christmas. Really looking forward to firing that badboy up in the summer!

Generic barbecue items: Juicy burgers, fat sausages, chicken legs, corn-on-the-cob etc...

Formalhaut
02-16-2016, 06:21 PM
I've not had barbecued food in over two years. :shrug:

Bri
02-16-2016, 10:40 PM
barbecued fish .

Last I had bbq'd fish was back in Saipan and I have to say one of my favorites. With some (soysauce) lemon juice, salt, chili pepper! Rice or bbq'd or cooked breadfruit to go with!

Pumpkin
02-16-2016, 10:44 PM
I like barbecued italian sausage a lot. Or just hot dogs and hamburgers~

fire_of_avalon
04-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I prefer charcoal but I won't turn my nose up to most anything grilled regardless of how the heat is applied.

Also, that multigrillbot sounds amazing, plef.

Vasher
04-11-2016, 10:50 PM
We grill quite often. I was grillin' just yesterday.

My wife has a marinade that is nothing short of amazing (for thighs). I grill the thighs so that the skin finishes a crispy brown, yet very "juicy" inside. For the fillet mignon it's simply sea salt, sometimes I add a little chimichurri (doesn't mask the flavor of the meat, it adds to it).

I have a large propane grill and a large charcoal grill/smoker. I plan on building a nice one, when I find the time.

sinuosity
04-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Barbecued chicken and lamb marinated in onion and lemon is absolute flames. Probably my favourite of all foods :)