PDA

View Full Version : Most Heartbreaking Final Fantasy Moments?

Night Fury
02-06-2016, 12:31 PM
What are some moments from the series that really broke your heart?

For me, the worst one was the ending of Final Fantasy X. Fucking Tidus just disappearing and shit - felt like a massive slap in the face for Yuna, and that scene where he is hugging her BUT SHE CAN'T FEEL IT. And then he just walks through her? Like wtf.

75 gift shop points per answer - for original answer only.

Shiva95
02-06-2016, 12:56 PM
I have a couple of answers:
- Tidus fading away in FFX
- Celes' suicide attempt in FFVI
- Hope disappearing at the beginnig of the final day in Lightning Returns
- Zack's death in Crisis Core

Sephiroth
02-06-2016, 01:18 PM
No moment is more heartbreaking than finishing a Final Fantasy.

Galuf
02-06-2016, 01:33 PM
I Literaly felt really sad when Galuf died, just because i liked him so much.

The end of X is pretty sad too.

Pheesh
02-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Sazh's 'almost' suicide in Final Fantasy XIII. It really brought out the feels for me and I honestly thought he was going to follow through for a second. It was a pretty dark moment that I wasn't totally expecting from a FF game.

Pumpkin
02-06-2016, 02:05 PM
When Zidane rejects his friends :(

Bubba
02-06-2016, 02:32 PM
When Nanaki howls for Seto in Cosmo Canyon. With that beautiful music playing it gets me every time.

Night Fury
02-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Oh god yeah Bubba :(

Rin Heartilly
02-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Oh man all the feels coming at me :( I wont repeat the ones already said:

Chichiri (or however its spelt) the chocobo dying in the beginning of Type 0 :(...oh yeah and Machina's bro

Vivi finding out about who/what he is

Aeris's death (surprised it wasn't mentioned already)

Yuffie (and possibly Barret) have gotten further with Cloud than Tifa has

Trabia getting blown up

Zell missing out on hotdogs

Tidus and Yunas entire relationship

Dynes suicide

Kefka poisoning peeps

Getting 0.01 dodging birds on a Chocobo

Dodging 200 lightning bolts

Rinoa being afraid everyone will hate her upon becoming a sorceress with Squall on the Ragnarock

Kain's eternal friendzone

Anytime something cute dies

Forgetting to save after beating Penance and turning off your console only to remember you forgot to save.

Formalhaut
02-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Sazh's 'almost' suicide in Final Fantasy XIII. It really brought out the feels for me and I honestly thought he was going to follow through for a second. It was a pretty dark moment that I wasn't totally expecting from a FF game.

Oh, this, 100%. What makes it darker is the juxtaposition between the severity of the attempt, and the relative happiness of the character and of the surroundings of the chapter (a bright theme park).

Though special mention should go to FFVII for Aerith's death. I mean, that's iconic.

Galuf
02-06-2016, 03:58 PM
im glad to see people care about the legendary Sazh. :cry:

Wolf Kanno
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Celes' Suicide Attempt is still my favorite.

Learning about Shadow's Past and relationship with Relm only to see it never conclude.

Vivi Learning his true nature.

The Black Waltz #3 killing the Black Mages in front of Vivi

Auron's death

When Squall finally opens up to the comatose Rinoa

Selphie saying goodbye to her dead friends in Trabia Garden

Zack's death (original version)

Setzer telling the party the story of Daryl

Locke using the Phoenix Esper on Racheal

The Death of the King of Tycoon

Gilgamesh's sacrifice for the party (FFV)

Tellah's death, mainly because the game never hides the fact he was doomed from the beginning.

Baltheir's farewell to Dr. Cid

Fran telling her sister to stay in the Woods and how she lost her ability to hear the spirits.

Basch's story in general.

Sahz's suicide attempt

Cyan seeing his dead family depart on the Phantom Train.

Cyan's dream world, specifically the parts where you can see his memories of his times with his family when you explore the castle.

Shorty
02-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Freya's unrequited love for Sir Fratley. Was p damn sad.

Kalevala
02-07-2016, 07:39 PM
When Nanaki howls for Seto in Cosmo Canyon. With that beautiful music playing it gets me every time.

Oh hey look it's raining indoors on my face.

Galuf
02-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Night Fury not liking FF12 :(:cry::(

maybee
02-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Final Fantasy 2 : Josef dying by pushing Firion and his group out of the way to take the hit from the boulder and Firion returning to Josef's house and Josef's daughter asking where her dad is and when he's going to come back home. He's not going to come back home.

Final Fantasy 5 : Maybe it's because I grew up having a stronger relationship with my grandfather than my actual Dad; but I found Gaulf's death to be extremely heartbreaking. Just the group trying to throw health potions and phoenix downs at his his dead body and nothing is happening makes the moment more sadder.

Final Fantasy 6 : SO MANY MOMENTS. Rachels' death, Locke trying to revive said Rachel, Celes' suicide attempt. Cyan running after his dead family on the Phantom Train and unable to join them again.

Final Fantasy 7 : Zack's death ( without the cheesy j-pop music )

Final Fantasy 8 : The ending with Laguna hugging and embracing a happy Raine, and then showing her grave.

Final Fantasy 9 : Vivi's hinted death at the end

Final Fantasy 10 : Yuna crying in the lake. Just want to reach out and give her a giant hug.

Final Fantasy 12 : Vaan opening up to why he has a desire to become a sky pirate ( to try and escape from reality and ignore the pain of his brother dying )