PDA

View Full Version : Clubbing, 90's style

Night Fury
02-06-2016, 03:00 PM
There was some absolute classic club tunes in the 90's. For instance, who can forget Whigfield and her adorable plaits with this smasher

8DNQRtmIMxk

And of course, the wonderful Gina Gee. Ooh ah, just a little bit!

KiLw45oAuD0

ALRIGHT AND I GUESS IF YOU AREN'T A GIRLPOP FAN LIKE ME YOU'LL DEFINITELY REMEMBER THIS.

qrR1fVh-A4E

All of these songs, actually especially the Born Slippy one really take me back to the 90's instantly and it's like nostalgia wave and I remember that song playing on long summer days when my parents were still together and things were seemingly really happy.

What are some of your favourite dance tracks from the 90's and how to they make you feel now?

FFNut
02-06-2016, 03:12 PM
The club in the town I left play these still. The DJ there on most nights won't change his playlist... And it sucks. Nobody goes there because of it.

Pheesh
02-06-2016, 03:25 PM
3zFZ32ZWj2I

Shauna
02-06-2016, 06:02 PM
The old student union at Glasgow Uni had a massively popular club night that was essentially just club classics and terrible/great old cheesy pop and then they cancelled it in favour of a club night that is just solely current pop because you can't get that anywhere else.

It was fantastic. We once managed to get a decent group of people dancing the Macarena to a song that wasn't the Macarena.

Crop
02-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Thank you for reintroducing me to Born Slippy, I haven't heard that song in probably 10 years and had totally forgotten about it. I absolutely love it.

Mr. Carnelian
02-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Okay, so this first one was actually released in 2000, but it has a very 90s vibe.
vgtgUSOLQyY

This one, on the other hand, is DEFINITELY 90s.
lHjNmyzrVvM

Neither of these songs make me feel particularly nostalgic. Nor does any 90s club music, really. I may have heard them in passing during the 90s, but I didn't really listen to them properly until years later, what with me being six and under at the time and not being into club music (yes, I'm young, only 21. Deal with it, wrinklies :p). So I like them, but there's no special emotional connection, or anything like that.

Night Fury
02-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Thank you for reintroducing me to Born Slippy, I haven't heard that song in probably 10 years and had totally forgotten about it. I absolutely love it.

Such a bloody anthem

Jenova:CORE
02-11-2016, 01:00 AM
When I think of 90s clubbing, these kind of tunes come into mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aiMB5aJJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-opquyHpgRc

Jinx
02-11-2016, 01:14 AM
These, obviously!

llyiQ4I-mcQ
g3GmC1HDx08

Midgar Mist
02-13-2016, 03:58 AM
Neither of these songs make me feel particularly nostalgic. (yes, I'm young, only 21. Deal with it, wrinklies :p). So I like them, but there's no special emotional connection, or anything like that.

Fair enough. This 32 year old wrinkly forgives you.

Formalhaut
02-13-2016, 04:19 AM
Ah, Rhythm of the Night, how could I forget!