PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Valentines day?

Galuf
02-08-2016, 09:22 PM
im so sorry if im ruining a daily poll. remove thread if i do.

uh not really as of now. just kinda makes me jealous lol.. so uh no.

Crop
02-08-2016, 09:35 PM
I don't like or dislike it. Every day is what you make of it.

Pheesh
02-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Eh. If you have the money for it then it's as good an excuse as any to go out for a nice meal.

Pumpkin
02-08-2016, 09:55 PM
I love Valentine's Day!

Freya
02-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Ehhh I like all holidays but i'm not super excited omg! about v-day. I like the candy and flowers though

Shauna
02-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Matt and I have our anniversary on the 9th February, so we tend to make a big thing of that instead of V-Day. We still try and spend the day together away from the input of the e-world and all that nonsense, though.

starlet
02-08-2016, 10:18 PM
I prefer the day after (DISCOUNT CHOCOLATE DAY :love:). Otherwise I treat it like any other day, relationships or not.

Night Fury
02-08-2016, 11:03 PM
I don't mind it!

I tell you what I 'dislike' more than Valentine's Day though - people who just whinge and complain about Valentine's day, not the ones who are a bit lonely cos they're single, but the people who are just vitriolic because it's cool or something. Urgh, you're not original by hating on Valentine's. You hate it so much yet you have to spend a whole lot of energy bitching about it? yeaaaaah right!

Bri
02-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Yes I like Valentines Day because I get to spend it with my sweetheart :kaolove2: :heart: :love: (I :heart: Escobert)

Galuf
02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
I don't mind it!

I tell you what I 'dislike' more than Valentine's Day though - people who just whinge and complain about Valentine's day, not the ones who are a bit lonely cos they're single, but the people who are just vitriolic because it's cool or something. Urgh, you're not original by hating on Valentine's. You hate it so much yet you have to spend a whole lot of energy bitching about it? yeaaaaah right!

i dont hate the holiday. im glad some people can be happy. sorry if i came across that way :(

Night Fury
02-08-2016, 11:08 PM
No you definitely don't come across like that at all! My post wasn't pointed at anyone here <3

Formalhaut
02-09-2016, 12:04 AM
I've grown to like it, though having a boyfriend probably helps with that. :p

It's a day just to spend time with your other half. Even when I didn't have Mr. Carny, I spent some time with friends during it.

Ayen
02-09-2016, 12:09 AM
I do when I have a reason to. Like this year when I'm not single for a change.

I wonder how cold it is in hell right now?

FFNut
02-09-2016, 12:26 AM
I'm not a big fan of it. When I was with my ex I didn't need a day to spoil her. I just did because she was in my life. Really you don't need an excuse to tell someone you love them. However I understand why people love it so much too.

Vasher
02-09-2016, 01:23 AM
I treat my wife the same, regardless of the calendar date. Every day with her is special. Booked another trip to Aulani as her gift.

I do like what it stands for. At the very least, there is one day out of the year that couples put aside the time/money/other resources to show each other that they care. I believe that is important because, for most, it is easy to fall into a routine where our "significants" are taken for granted.

Shiny
02-09-2016, 03:51 AM
I don't like any holidays that punish people for being single.

Midgar Mist
02-09-2016, 03:55 AM
I do when I have a reason to. Like this year when I'm not single for a change.

I wonder how cold it is in hell right now?

Valentines day is good, yes

Kalevala
02-09-2016, 05:51 AM
A day where I get to pamper myself and pig the fuck out on chocolate or whatever else I please and maybe meet-up with another single?

Yes.

Fynn
02-09-2016, 05:58 AM
I do. I'm like Freya in that I'm not omg! about it, but I still like it and that its an opportunity to go, eat out, and see a movie.

Rin Heartilly
02-09-2016, 09:04 AM
My boyfriend is the most unromantic person on the planet (I'm not very romantic either though xD) so I enjoy valentines day since our anniversary is also in Feb, it's like a double celebration :D

Last year I told my bf, knowing how unaffectionate he is "write me a heartfelt letter or get me a ps4" and he bought me a ps4 :shobon: This year I'll ask "write me a heartfelt letter or a trip to Japan!" One day I'll get that letter!

MJN SEIFER
02-12-2016, 09:21 PM
It's my favorite day of the year, simply because of what it represents; love and romance. I always make a point of celebrating it by playing as many romantic songs as possible and watching a romantic movie. Once I find someone to spend Valentine's day with, I will celebrate it with her, but I like to think that I'd treat everyday like Valentine's day when that happens.

I'm actually having a premature Valentine's day celebration today, because I will not only be away from my home on Sunday (the day it falls on this year), but Saturday as well.

Galuf
02-12-2016, 09:47 PM
yes. i can love my cats :love:

Jenova:CORE
02-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Not particularly. I've had terrible luck on every Valentine's Day the past 4 years. Now it just has a bad taste in my mouth and leaves the slight hint of an omen.

Depression Moon
02-13-2016, 12:39 AM
I detest it.

maybee
02-13-2016, 08:19 AM
Valentines Day is good because like the day after chocolate is 1/2 off price. :love: Thank-you V Day !

I don't like any holidays that punish people for being single.

Valentines Day is also terrible towards aromatics as well; punishes them for their sexuality and something that they cannot help. Though what's wrong with just sending cute romantic cards and chocolate to friends and family as longs as nothing written on the card is sexual ?? Really think we should embrace that. We love friends and family too right ?

yes. i can love my cats :love:

See ? Like what Galuf is doing ! :jess:

Sephex
02-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Very indifferent. Same with my girlfriend, fortunately. I think if you care for someone, you don't need a day to highlight it. If you are single, don't use the day as a poor excuse to feel sorry for yourself. No matter where you are in life, it is way more important to love yourself on any given moment.