PDA

View Full Version : [FFX-2] Yuna's character design in X-2: Have you ever noticed...

Mr. Carnelian
02-09-2016, 10:47 AM
... that Yuna's "Sphere Hunter" look is basically the same as Lara Croft's from Tomb Raider?

They both wear combat boots, hot pants, a crop top and a ponytail. They also both search ruins for ancient artefacts. Just saying.

Is this important? Do you care? Am I running out of things to say about X and X-2, so I'm starting to pick up on stupid details nobody cares about?!

DISCUSS!!

Rin Heartilly
02-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Dem booty shorts tho.

I remember my 12yo self was shocked seeing Yuna in X-2 for the first time, something along the lines of "What happened to her" and "hair doesn't grow that long in 2 years". I got used to it, but I'll always prefer X Yuna over X-2 Yuna, her personality resembled Rikku too much (whom I also preferred in X).

I think after X-2, Square was totally into short shorts and skirts for leading female characters like Ashe, Lightning, Serah...etc

CactuarKing
02-09-2016, 03:49 PM
The outfits are a little too revealing, leaving almost too little for the imagination.

I personally also prefer Yuna from X.

Ayen
02-09-2016, 08:53 PM
I made this connection early on too, and joked about it in my X-2 review. She even has the twin pistols.

It doesn't bother me all that much. Just means the woman has good taste in video games.

Pumpkin
02-10-2016, 10:50 PM
The length of her hair did bug me but otherwise I like her new outfit fine. Did not notice the similarities though!

Laddy
02-11-2016, 12:59 AM
I always assumed it was her Al-Bhed blood that may have contributed to get off hair growth but who knows.

Which begs the question, are Al Bhed a separate race or are they just a human ethnicity/culture?

Jinx
02-11-2016, 01:11 AM
"hair doesn't grow that long in 2 years"

RIGHT?!!!?!?!?! That still bothers me.

Also, I wouldn't call it a ponytail. She has short hair with a super long rattail.

Sefie1999AD
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Maybe it's an artificial hair extension? :D If that's really a part of her hair, it definitely looks out of place. Do all of her classes even have the "rattail"?

Rin Heartilly
02-12-2016, 08:09 PM

Also, I wouldn't call it a ponytail. She has short hair with a super long rattail.

If she took it out of the red braid/rat tail thingo, she'd have a crazy long mullet that would put Reno to shame......think about that (○~○)

Ayen
02-12-2016, 09:53 PM

If she took it out of the red braid/rat tail thingo, she'd have a crazy long mullet that would put Reno to shame......think about that (○~○)

I wish to see this mullet.

Zanmato
02-18-2016, 09:14 AM
Maybe it's an artificial hair extension? :D If that's really a part of her hair, it definitely looks out of place. Do all of her classes even have the "rattail"?

This is the best theory since Rikku said something about being "incognito" in Eternal Calm. :hattip:

CactuarKing
02-22-2016, 04:36 PM
And the best way to be incognito is to grow a large ponytail!! :lol:

:cactuar:

Zanmato
02-23-2016, 07:59 AM

Still better than nothing! :monster:

Mirage
02-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Pretty sure that almost every gaming site noticed this when the game was new, so yes. Yuna Croft was her nickname for a while.

Laddy
02-25-2016, 09:25 AM

And dress in a early 2000's Abercrombie mixed with dystopian future garb that literally no one else on the planet dresses like.

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 06:49 PM

And dress in a early 2000's Abercrombie mixed with dystopian future garb that literally no one else on the planet dresses like.

I always wondered where do YRP, Leblanc & co, Nooj, Lulu and Auron get their clothes from when literally no else in Spira dresses like that. I swear everyone else in spira either wears blitzball uniforms or faded garb.

Midgar Mist
02-28-2016, 05:46 PM
... that Yuna's "Sphere Hunter" look is basically the same as Lara Croft's from Tomb Raider?

They both wear combat boots, hot pants, a crop top and a ponytail. They also both search ruins for ancient artefacts. Just saying.

Is this important? Do you care? Am I running out of things to say about X and X-2, so I'm starting to pick up on stupid details nobody cares about?!

DISCUSS!!

I cant say I've noticed this. But Yuna ignites my bicurious side a little, and my fashionista side too.

CactuarKing
03-01-2016, 04:20 PM

I always wondered where do YRP, Leblanc & co, Nooj, Lulu and Auron get their clothes from when literally no else in Spira dresses like that. I swear everyone else in spira either wears blitzball uniforms or faded garb.

Or bikinis....... :lol::lol::lol: