PDA

View Full Version : Failed Intentions

Galuf
02-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Have you ever intended good things but they end up going wrong?

i try to cheer people up but it made them worse.

and i also try to have a nice time talking but end up in a bad state

Levian
02-09-2016, 09:48 PM
In a picture thread I told them their baby boy was cute and would grow up to be a real handsome fella. Totally was a girl.

I've referred to babies as genderless entities ever since

Rin Heartilly
02-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Every time I select an option in an rpg that I think sounds about right and then I ruin the social link....ugh

I can't remember making things worse on my own accord because usually when I used to give advice to certain friends from highschool or social circles, they'd end up ignoring it and did what they wanted anyway, I don't feel responsible for the troubles they make for themselves when I warned them what would happen multiple times.

Now when you say things 'end up in a bad state' is this due to your own mindset creating this problem? Or is it because the other person made it that way? If it's something about yourself, you can end up changing it. If it's the other person, I recommend avoiding certain topics of discussion that triggers it or even not talking to them for a while, if you know it'll end badly.

Galuf
02-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Every time I select an option in an rpg that I think sounds about right and then I ruin the social link....ugh

I can't remember making things worse on my own accord because usually when I used to give advice to certain friends from highschool or social circles, they'd end up ignoring it and did what they wanted anyway, I don't feel responsible for the troubles they make for themselves when I warned them what would happen multiple times.

Now when you say things 'end up in a bad state' is this due to your own mindset creating this problem? Or is it because the other person made it that way? If it's something about yourself, you can end up changing it. If it's the other person, I recommend avoiding certain topics of discussion that triggers it or even not talking to them for a while, if you know it'll end badly.

Yeah ive decided to break from the IRC chat for a while because i get so anxious and make everyone else have a bad time and thats not fair. but yeah its me lol.. uh yeah

FFNut
02-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Galuf, you are one of the most caring people I get to chat with everyday. Even if it seems you may mess up and say the wrong thing don't worry. We know you well enough to know that you only have kind intentions.

Galuf
02-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Yep your right, thats why im gonna stop moping over mistakes and just move past. and not worry about if they will hate me. Ofcourse it wont be easy but ill try. i wish i could promise but... "the only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty" (may be that i interprate that wrong, but basicly...... i dunno.

Laddy
02-11-2016, 01:02 AM
Usually my attempts to seem kind to others, especially online, come off as condescending and such. I get the "I can take care of myself" response and that's p much it.

Ayen
02-15-2016, 03:50 AM
Plenty of times, but I can't remember any precise examples, which probably mean they weren't important enough to dwell over.

Midgar Mist
02-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Have you ever intended good things but they end up going wrong?

All the time. And I remember too many of those mistakes. I know I shouldn't dwell on them.

Del Murder
02-18-2016, 09:48 PM
It seems more often that when I have devious intentions it ends up helping people. Darn the luck!

sinuosity
03-18-2016, 04:04 AM
Often I find myself saying things intended to be supportive, or just neutral, but they're misconstrued by other people. I came to the conclusion that it's not my responsibility how other people feel about things. You're responsible for yourself; and if other people choose to take things negatively, well, that's a shame, but it's their problem. So chill out Galuf; just worry about yourself. If you're satisfying yourself that you're doing nothing wrong, then everyone else can go to hell.

Persona mirroring real life, to be honest!