PDA

View Full Version : Is SE missing out on a sports game money maker?

FFNut
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM
So the other day I loaded up FF X for the simple reason I just wanted to play some blitz ball. Then I thought would wouldn't SE look at a franchise like FIFA, and Madden and see that there is money there? I know I'd buy a SE Blitz sports game. Update it with DLC with different people from the series, and make it like a manager GM. You could also do a HUT style for it. Online would let me put Bubba on blast each week! I know some hate Blitzball, but others love the game. Is SE missing out on some easy money?

Pike
02-10-2016, 11:15 PM
I would pay so much money for Blitzball Manager. OMG it would be amazing.

FFNut
02-10-2016, 11:18 PM
I know. As far as I searched I can't find it anyplace!

Pheesh
02-11-2016, 12:44 AM
I used to pine for this to become a thing for so long, but eventually I squashed that desire and sent it down into the nether-regions of my brain with the rest of my unrealised hopes and dreams.

Wolf Kanno
02-11-2016, 05:49 AM
I honestly hated blitzball. It's pretty easy to bork the game in your favor which kills all the fun out of it. If SE missed out on a real money maker it was not making Triple Triad real since VIII was around the same time the CCG scene was just starting up.

Rin Heartilly
02-11-2016, 06:32 AM
I would totally play blitzball manager :colbert: I'd have a team of heroines or moogles or misfits (like Quina, hypello dude, Shumi dude....etc)

FFNut
02-11-2016, 12:31 PM
I honestly hated blitzball. It's pretty easy to bork the game in your favor which kills all the fun out of it. If SE missed out on a real money maker it was not making Triple Triad real since VIII was around the same time the CCG scene was just starting up.

I have triple Triad on my iPad. I play it all the time!

Pheesh
02-11-2016, 12:39 PM

If it had it's own game it would obviously be a more polished product. I would think it could be done similarly to Blood Bowl or Football Manager. Personally I would like to see it retain some of the gameplay aspects of the game, but it might be too complicated to make it a true sports management sim as well as a sports game.

Guess we'll never know though :(

Loony BoB
02-11-2016, 12:43 PM
I would love this, but I honestly don't think there are enough people who would also love this enough to warrant the game being made. It's too niche. Shame they can't (well, won't) just give the rights to the highest bidding indie developer or something.

Freya
02-11-2016, 05:26 PM

I have triple Triad on my iPad. I play it all the time!
Yeah, and if you have the FF Portal app you can earn points by reading stuff and watching videos. Then you can get exclusive cards in their store on FF portal to work with the TT app.

Madame Adequate
02-11-2016, 05:30 PM
I honestly hated blitzball.

Honesty is no virtue.

Madame Adequate
02-11-2016, 05:31 PM
And yes I would 100% be down with a Blitzball game, either FIFA style or Footie Manager style.

Formalhaut
02-11-2016, 06:21 PM
I imagine it would be hilarious to play a 'Final Fantasy at the Summer Olympic Games'. Why limit it to just Blitzball? Why not chocobo racing, and jump rope?

FFNut
02-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Now we got a thinking happening.

Del Murder
02-11-2016, 10:15 PM
I imagine it would be hilarious to play a 'Final Fantasy at the Summer Olympic Games'. Why limit it to just Blitzball? Why not chocobo racing, and jump rope?
SEii Sports, play it first on PS4 (and then Xbox and cell phones one month later):

Blitzball Manager
Vivi and Eiko at the Summer Olympic Games
Chocobo Race Double Dash
Cloud Strife Pro Snowboarder
Several other sports where Lightning is the only character

Laddy
02-12-2016, 05:46 AM
Another Final Fantasy kart racer would be rad but I must echo the sentiments for a Blitzball sim. Let me pick my team of all non-humans and, using their academic dominance as a baseline for propaganda, crush the humans and create a new world order with Hypello as the ruling race.

Leigh
02-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Square Legends' Badminton Blast.

Formalhaut
02-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Another

Another FF kart racer? There was one in the first place?

Ayen
02-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Another

These are my thoughts as well, and if true I want names, years, and platforms!

It'd be cool to see what all they could do with Blitzball with modern technology, though I can't say they're missing out on a game money maker with it. I know X has its fanbase, but I don't think it's larger than say, VII. Though none of them are as large as VII's. And if they tried too hard to compete with the likes of FIFA then I don't think it'd go very well.

But smurf, I'd be game. Especially if I got to play as Yuna again.

Bubba
02-16-2016, 02:50 PM
They needs to be Final Fantasy Blitzball Manager.

Every character from every FF game could be represented. You could have a Killer Line-up of Tidus, Wakka, Terra, Quistis and Cecil. Quina can go in goal.

Formalhaut
02-17-2016, 05:51 PM
They needs to be Final Fantasy Blitzball Manager.

Every character from every FF game could be represented. You could have a Killer Line-up of Tidus, Wakka, Terra, Quistis and Cecil. Quina can go in goal.

But she'd eat the Blitzball... which is why they'd be perfect in goal, brilliant!

Quindiana Jones
02-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Oh god, I didn't know I wanted this. D:

Old Manus
02-23-2016, 02:42 PM
The more I think about it the more I feel Blitzball Manager 2016 is something I could do for Android or something in my spare time, but I don't have any spare time.

FFNut
02-23-2016, 03:23 PM
The more I think about it the more I feel Blitzball Manager 2016 is something I could do for Android or something in my spare time, but I don't have any spare time.

Its almost to bad that we couldn't get square behind it.

Vyk
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Sometimes I don't know about you people :)

Laddy
02-28-2016, 04:25 AM
Another

Il y a (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocobo_Racing)