PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TV Policeman

Midgar Mist
02-11-2016, 02:54 AM
In Britain, we have this tv show called Midsomer Murders. Now, all the suspects are bonkers. But, the one man who isn't is lead Detective John Barnaby (played by British actor Neil Dudgeon).

He possesses a Psychology degree. I believe that possessing such knowledge is the key to being non judgemental.

Well, that's just my humble opinion. Who do you guys like?

Freya
02-11-2016, 03:08 AM
I really liked Idris Elba in Luther.

I also am partial to Mariska Hargitay in Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.

I also really enjoyed Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in True Deceive. And for that matter I also really liked Colin Farrel's portrayal in True Detective Season 2. He was a troutty cop but I liked his acting in the role.

David Tennant is good in Broadchurch but also that soundtrack for broadchurch is amazing. My favorite composer, Olafur Arnalds, does it and it brings the show on a new level.

I liked William Petersen in CSI too.

Oh man I like a lot of detective shows haha I haven't seen Midsomer Murders though. I'll look into it.

Formalhaut
02-11-2016, 03:21 AM
More of a detective than a straight-up 'policeman', but I'm seriously going to have to go with Detective Inspector Jack Robinson, from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. I have a photo or two below, but I really recommend just listening to him speak (the series is on Netflix, by the by). He also has 'guy in suit' syndrome, whereby he is always dressed impeccably.

But, yeah,
http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Jack-2.jpg

Ayen
02-11-2016, 03:45 AM
People already mentioned detectives, so I'm saying Elliot and Olivia from Law & Order SVU.

Also Carl Winslow.

FFNut
02-11-2016, 03:54 AM
Inspector Gadget is the only real answer here.

blackmage_nuke
02-11-2016, 03:57 AM
Chief Wiggum

I Took the Red Pill
02-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Chief WiggumYeah I think I'd go with Wiggum too. If we're including former cops I'd throw Jim Lahey into the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyhXtVUROkI

Night Fury
02-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Luther. Would bang. Also Justin from Luther, a perfect angel!

Forsaken Lover
02-12-2016, 12:28 AM
Bleh, SVU. I prefer L&O classic or Criminal Intent.

On that note, Bobby Goren and Mike Logan.

Mr. Carnelian
02-12-2016, 01:00 AM
More of a detective than a straight-up 'policeman', but I'm seriously going to have to go with Detective Inspector Jack Robinson, from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. I have a photo or two below, but I really recommend just listening to him speak (the series is on Netflix, by the by). He also has 'guy in suit' syndrome, whereby he is always dressed impeccably.

But, yeah,
http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Jack-2.jpg

Agreed.

Colonel Angus
02-12-2016, 05:06 AM
Officer Barbrady & Chief Wiggum

Laddy
02-12-2016, 06:07 AM
I loved Mariska Hargitay on SVU until they Flanderized her character into the flat, overly preachy character she was in the later seasons. But that's just me.

Luther.

Del Murder
02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Chief Wiggum, followed by Sawyer and Miles from Lost in that one episode where they were buddy cops.

Janner87
02-14-2016, 02:30 AM
Columbo, because of his kind of clueless behaviour when he's got it figured out already. Sure it's the same thing every time, but it's just charming and enjoyable.

And also, because 80s, TJ Hooker.