PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool

Night Fury
02-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Saw this yesterday and laughed so hard.

Let's discuss how great this movie was, the merc really does have a mouth. Thank the lord for R rating!

Loony BoB
02-11-2016, 05:17 PM
It's out already and I can't see it until the 20th bawwwwwwww. I can't wait.

And with that said, because I haven't seen it, now I must immediately unsubscribe from this thread to avoid spoilers. Dangit.

Freya
02-11-2016, 05:24 PM
We're going to go see it on Saturday or Sunday in IMAX. Good to hear it's great though cause IMAX is expensive lol

Zanmato
02-11-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm going to see my lovely mercenary TOMORROW!!! :love:
I've been waiting for so long! :dance:

Pheesh
02-11-2016, 09:08 PM
I really enjoyed it. It was funny from the opening credits till the moment the screen went black.

It was also really bizarre to be watching what was essentially a cliché comic book film but for it to be so violent and adult. Everything story wise panned out quite predictably, but the humour, violence and Reynold's performance were enough to make it more than a regular superhero film.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-12-2016, 02:51 AM
It was pretty much perfect.

Also.

Bob. Fuck yes, Bob.

Midgar Mist
02-12-2016, 03:28 AM
I love what Ive seen of Deadpool in Uncanny X Force so......if I had the seven million pounds/dollars/yen that faceless corporate cinemas are asking for......I would go and see this.

Colonel Angus
02-12-2016, 05:03 AM
Waiting until Monday, which can't come fast enough.

Zanmato
02-13-2016, 04:14 PM
I watched it yesterday... IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! :squee:
So move your ass to the cinema and watch it - I dare you, I double dare you! :cool:

krissy
02-14-2016, 04:22 PM
it was pretty hilarious
but it was cliche in more than just a superhero way
aziz ansari would have a lot to say about the casting in this movie...
but yes, very funny, violent, and reynolds
will probably watch again

Laddy
02-14-2016, 05:59 PM
p good

Freya
02-14-2016, 09:43 PM
The three different father's who brought their sons to the movie will have a lot of awkward explaining to do.

It was a fun one, I laughed a lot. Really nice in IMAX.

Sephex
02-14-2016, 10:19 PM
This movie was just a good time. Ryan Reynolds really shows the passion he has for the character. Like, it doesn't blow other movies away, but it was just such a fun movie. It doesn't feel like it was competing for anything. I came out of it feeling really good and positive.

SammieBabe
02-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Went today and loved it. I read a spoiler free review and was afraid that I might have heard all the good jokes already. Quite relieved that I was wrong. :)

Zanmato
02-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Went today and loved it. I read a spoiler free review and was afraid that I might have heard all the good jokes already. Quite relieved that I was wrong. :)

I never read anything before watching the movie - that's my golden rule. :tongue:
I also don't leave the cinema during credits - I always wait for shutting the screen. :tongue:

Psychotic
02-15-2016, 08:24 PM
We saw it yesterday. Truly the Citizen Kane of comic book movies. :')

Colonel Angus
02-16-2016, 06:05 AM
They fucking nailed it.

Mr. Carnelian
02-16-2016, 10:29 AM
Can it possibly live up to all of this hype?! Guess I'll see this Sunday... :ohdear:

Zanmato
02-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Can it possibly live up to all of this hype?! Guess I'll see this Sunday... :ohdear:

You shall not doubt it!
Move your ass to the cinema - Deadpool is waiting for you! :cool:

blackmage_nuke
02-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Saw it today, very enjoyable. there were chuckles by everyone during the holiday sex bit (i found that part amusing but not out loud amusing) then when they got to lent the rest of the cinema was silent and I was the only one who found it funny enough to laugh aloud.

charliepanayi
02-16-2016, 07:35 PM
Good post here from Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn where he praises the film but worries the industry is already drawing the wrong conclusions from its success:

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10153162287591157?pnref=story

Ayen
02-16-2016, 11:10 PM
It's pretty much everything I would expect from a Deadpool movie. Ryan Reynolds was perfect in every scene, and this had the best version of Colossus by far. The Fourth Wall breaking was great. It gripped me from the opening credits, and I loved the post-credits scene.

Shiny
02-16-2016, 11:36 PM
I'm excited. I think it's the reason we had to suffer through the rest of Ryan Reynolds' garbage in order for him to get to this role, because I feel like he was born for it.

100% agree with this entire assessment. There have been few actors who have been made for the roles they've played.

McLovin'
02-18-2016, 04:49 AM
I liked the part where they started the movie and till the end credits.

Skyblade
02-18-2016, 07:02 AM
Good post here from Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn where he praises the film but worries the industry is already drawing the wrong conclusions from its success:

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10153162287591157?pnref=story

It's Hollywood. You didn't actually expect them to draw the right conclusions, did you?

I've heard nothing but good things about this, but the trailer wasn't as good as the original test of concept shot, IMO. I've been a little worried about how it might hold up across an entire film. But it's hard to stand up to all this positive feedback.

Sephiroth
02-18-2016, 09:15 AM
It was entertaining for how long it lasted, I guess. During that time really entertaining, in my opinion. But that's it.

"HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN!?"

DMKA
02-20-2016, 12:51 AM
I'll probably see it when it comes out on home media.

I just...I dunno. The humor in the ads is really off putting for me. The delivery of lines and the that voice Deadpool has makes me cringe. Hopefully they aren't representative of the actual movie.

Everyone seems to love it though, and it's enjoying nice returns at the box office. Of course that was also the case with Mad Max Fury Road and I absolutely loathed that movie.

Fox
02-20-2016, 01:23 AM
Saw this today. It kinda replaced going to the gym so it's damn fortunate it was good! I feel less bad about missing my exercise.

But yeah, it was fun. Ended at pretty much the exact moment it needed to to not outstay its welcome.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-20-2016, 03:12 AM

I just...I dunno. The humor in the ads is really off putting for me. The delivery of lines and the that voice Deadpool has makes me cringe. Hopefully they aren't representative of the actual movie.

Everyone seems to love it though, and it's enjoying nice returns at the box office. Of course that was also the case with Mad Max Fury Road and I absolutely loathed that movie.

I don't know how to respond to any of this...

Zanmato
02-21-2016, 01:51 PM

This means that the movie isn't for you.
This is THE REAL Deadpool, buddy - deal with it. :cool:
This is a great tribute to all of his fans.
I'm glad they did it this way. :dance:

Karifean
02-21-2016, 02:08 PM
It was entertaining for how long it lasted, I guess. During that time really entertaining, in my opinion. But that's it.

This.

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Indifferent towards Deadpool, just walked over to the theater to watch it while someone worked on my car. I enjoyed it. Solid movie experience.

Formalhaut
02-21-2016, 10:46 PM
Just saw it with Mr. Carny today. It was very good, lots of humour, 4th wall breaking nonsense. The story is compelling, and goes into a bit about how society may view disfigurement. The romance subplot was good, and ended well.

If I have a complaint, it is the action. It was very gratuitous. I had to avert my eyes during some of it. Decapitations, blood, limbs being hacked off... oh my! I did prefer the dialogue sections.

But yes, I did really enjoy the film, and I'm looking forward to the next one, if there is going to be one.

charliepanayi
02-22-2016, 09:31 AM
There's definitely going to be a next one.

Zanmato
02-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Just saw it with Mr. Carny today. It was very good, lots of humour, 4th wall breaking nonsense. The story is compelling, and goes into a bit about how society may view disfigurement. The romance subplot was good, and ended well.

If I have a complaint, it is the action. It was very gratuitous. I had to avert my eyes during some of it. Decapitations, blood, limbs being hacked off... oh my! I did prefer the dialogue sections.

But yes, I did really enjoy the film, and I'm looking forward to the next one, if there is going to be one.

Gratuitous violence is one of the key elements of Deadpool - without it he wouldn't be the same guy that I love to death. :heart:

By the way... I can't wait for sequel! :omgomg:
I want him to speak with the voices in his head and use his teleportation device, like it was in comic books and the game. :cool: