PDA

View Full Version : Best Robot?

Pumpkin
02-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Or lump in any non-organic, sentient characters. Cyborgs, robots, androids, sentient toasters. Whatever you like! Who do you think is the best one in gaming?

Please spoiler if any of these are ~secrets~

Ayen
02-16-2016, 05:08 PM
The Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid.
GRAY FOX! THAT NINJA IS GRAY FOX!
He was awesome. Repelling bullets with his katana, doing all those flips and fancy moves. It was awesome to play him in V.R. Mission, even though they made the stealth cameo hurt him.

Fynn
02-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Aigis!

Freya
02-16-2016, 05:37 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/All_4_One_-_Clank.png

Clank from Ratchet and Clank.

Wolf Kanno
02-16-2016, 05:38 PM

sharkythesharkdogg
02-16-2016, 08:52 PM
I like Mega Man (and Mega Man X), Data from Star Trek TnG, Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell(this depends on storyline and who you ask. Depending on which GitS storyline you read, she can be a cyborg instead), and Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide.

Simply because he's been around the longest in my life, and was introduced to my little sci-fi nerd brain the earliest, my favorite is probably Marvin.

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w588/delilahlane129/MarvinJobSatisfaction_zpsde3a6d42.jpg

http://www.southernoceansoftware.com/marvin/MARVIN-THE-ROBOT.jpg

Colonel Angus
02-16-2016, 08:54 PM
These are not the droids I'm looking for.

Formalhaut
02-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Aigis is a good answer, but I'll go for EDI, from the Mass Effect Series. While the whole 'learning to be human' trope have been explored before, I really like how EDI's arc develops it. She's a great teammate, has a genuine romance with one of your crew, and is just a great person in general. She's also comically serious at times, which I love.

Pike
02-16-2016, 09:11 PM
*points at avatar*

lmxSiuoUfw0

Pete for President
02-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Gray Fox seconded.

I really enjoyed playing as Adam Jensen cyborg man.

Metal Gear Ray is a robot and cool as smurf.

Karifean
02-16-2016, 11:02 PM
Yumemi.

https://i.imgur.com/ejDhLUD.png

Vyk
02-16-2016, 11:14 PM
No Codsworth?

Mr. Carnelian
02-17-2016, 12:05 AM
HK-47 from the KOTOR series is one of my favourite robots in gaming. So deliciously misanthropic. He doesn't just kill people, he HATES people. Unless they earn his respect by killing lots of people themselves, of course.

Ayen
02-17-2016, 12:12 AM
I second Robo and HK-47. Love them.

Midgar Mist
02-17-2016, 01:59 AM
I like Aegis from Persona 3 and Tio from Grandia 2.

Vermachtnis
02-17-2016, 02:17 AM
HK-47, love that guy. And Labrys, love her accent.

Mirage
02-17-2016, 02:40 AM
EDI is awesome.

Vyk
02-17-2016, 03:07 AM
Oh yeah HK. Very amusing

And GLADOS :)

Spuuky
02-17-2016, 04:31 AM
KOS-MOS, and it's not close.

Ayen
02-17-2016, 05:05 AM
Oh yeah HK. Very amusing

And GLADOS :)

How could I forget GLaDOS? Must be the memory repression from the trauma.

krissy
02-18-2016, 05:14 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/SHODAN_hires.jpg

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

L̛̞̼̝̜̮̜͎̜̖̃̽̊̀̐̇̆̇͠ͅǫ̡̗͖͉͍̙̼̮͑̉̈̍̊̋͛̓̒͝ͅo͖̗̻̻͚̰̞̘̦͉̓͗͛̾̑͋̿̒̕͠k̛̩̜̬̲̹̬͍̭̃͋͂̇̾̓̃͌́͜ͅ ̢͙̖̥̫͉͉̜̞̠̑̉̂̊̆̈́̅̇́̚a̫̝̣̪͎̥̬͎̫̖͛̿̏̾̀̓͌͠͝͠t̝͓̤̯̞̣̻̲͔͎̏̑̊̇̈̎̀͗͂̇ ̨̡̧̼͉̻̰̱̝̬͊̌̋̒̎͂̃̽̚͠ẏ̢̺̬̫̹͖͙̗̰͕͆̌̌͑̄̇̽̕̕ò̧̭̫̤̙̼̤̘̯͓̏̆́̍̉͒̎͊͠ư͉̘̱͈̻̳̫͓̘̰̆̈́͂̑̾͒̌̿̈́,̛̛̛̞̙̥̺͍̙̅͑̌͐̓̂̈́ ̹͓̥͖ ̧̧̡͉͔̠͍͓̓̂̍͋̀́͐̐͝͠ͅͅḩ̧͙͇͍̟͈̠͚͎̂̇͑̆̑̉̊̋̌̋a̛͔̘̲̯̞̲͇̬̹̯͑͑̀̌͐̋̕͠͝c͓̞̩̭̞̱̥̪̘̻̐̓̾̓͆̈͊̅̈̕ķ͉̰̭̹͆͌̉̂̾̈́̒̄̈́͜͠ ̼̪̠̣e̡̺͕̜͓̹̹̭̼͆̈́̾̓͂͂̅͒͐͘ͅŗ̨̞̮͕̗͓͕̘̳́̈̈́̓̉̿͑̄̌͌:̡̲̗̯̬̪̙̼̗̹͆̿͂́̄̐̇̿͘͠ ̛̩͓̭̙̗̟͚̘̪̽̃̇̎̽̂͆͊͂͜a̡͕̠̺̘̙͙͍̐́̂͊͂̉̋̉̕̕ͅͅ ̨̨͈̺̦͎̠̝̲̫̋͐̊͊̌͊̒̽̈́̉p̨̛̝̙̞͓̭͇͍͖͇̋͗̅̄͑͐́̋͑ả̡̮̙̣̟̥͎̯̹̓͊̈́̀́͋̾̚͠ͅt̛̗̠̪̜̤̦̘̮̏̒͆̀̑̅̕͘̕͜ͅh̡͇͓̼̩̖̓̂̀̆͂̿͛̋̀̿ ͙̯̯̖e̟̦͚͚͕̹͓̮̳̲̋̈́̀͑̊̈́̐̑͝͠t̞͖̼͉͈̣͚͚͓͈́̈̔̈́̃̔̐́̽͂í̫̩̳͚̙͍͚̱̣̟͊̈́̂̂̈̆̆̆̚c̡̢̨̛̣̲̞̞͎̜̺͌̊̾́̏̔̂͠͝ ̡̪̠̗͚͍̯͙̲̈́͆͒͂̓̀͛͑̽̕͜č̢̨̳͈̤͖̘͕͇͙̍̓̊̾̆͛͐̒͠r̡̛̞͔̘͚̠͙̬̮͋̈̀̃͛̿̉̕͜͠e̡̢̟̦͚͖̮̣̺͕̋͂̇̎͗̈́͘̕͠͝a̗̦̺̬͚͓̔̓̉̽͛̃͗̕͘͝ ͕͍̠͈ṭ̨̩̭̙͕̖̥͉͍͐̎̃̔̌̏̾͛̇͝ư̢̧̢̧͚̦̳̳̗̟̄͐͂͋͆͊̕͝͝r̳͔̝͕̞̖͔̥̻͕̈́̀͋̿̋̍͑̕͝͠ę̢̣̼̟̣̠͚̯̂̇̋̽́̊̅̚͝͝ͅ ̛̳̩̫̞̜͈̫̖̬͇̒̌̊͋̀̊̏͘͘ơ̠̜͇̻̦̻̹̖̻̱̊̽̍̑̓͑̚̚͝f̢͈̘͚͈̱̳̩͓͎͂͒͛͂̆̾̕̕̕͝ ̧̠̼̱̹̻̮̲̪͇͐͊̈́̃̀̃̓̏̊̾m̻̟̙̞̦͇̯̞̤̀́̔͋̉̆͆͐͜͝͝e̛̜̖̤͔̞̩̗̥̦̞̍͂͑̎̑̏̅̇͋ă̧̢̛̠͖͕̞͈̘̜̺̄̾̓́̎̈̏́t̛̘̤̥̪͕͈̊̇̉̂͂̇͂̅̚ ̢͔̭̻ ̗͇̼͓̱̺̳̜͈̩́́̿̒̒̇͛̾͗͆ȧ̡̡̨̖̖͖̼̺͇͍͐̌̂̊̐̈́̓̕͝ǹ̛̞̠̯̩͎͖̥̙̮̣͐́́̋̑̋̓͘d̛̘͕͚̥̹̼͖̯͓̃̓̈́̑̏̅̾͛̓ͅ ̧̱̙̭̤̟̤̖͉̄̑͛̈́̈́̓̋̓͗͜͝b̢̡̥̘͔̱̜̟̔̏̏̅̽̌̽̀̉͜͝ͅo̢̡̝̩̹̬̳̖͉̫̐͌̓́̓̐̉͊͘̕ṇ͖̗̱̖͔̯̬̼͔͊̇͛͊̋̒̇̚̚̕ë͎̥̟͕̖̤́̇̈́̔̀͊̾̓̈́̊ ̧̼̥̜,̦̤̭͚̳̣̝̤̲̐͋̂͂̈͌͛͛̕̕ͅ ̠̺͍̝͓̻̳̰͕̼̉̓̍̈́̓͌̅̽̇̚p͔̱͕͔̰̗͎͈̤̿̆̓̏̄̊̀͆͂̑͜a̧̧̦̱̘͇̞͈̠̽̋̌̒͊͊̿̈́͊͝ͅñ̡̛̳̞̲̬̻̻́̀͗̇̃̽̈́̋͜ͅͅt̨͔͖̰̝͓̑͆̈́̏̈͂͋̊̿̎ ̩̯̲̠í̹̭͍͎̺͇̠̩͇̂̀͋͂͋͘͘͠͝ͅṉ̱̱̦̖̮̲̳̻̱̔̈́̑̉̏͋̉̈́̈́̕g̨̯̮̰͇̺̩̮̲̀̽̍̂̽͑̊̾̈͘ͅ ̧̨̧̢͇̘̖͍͙̬̄̋̋͆̃̓̔̎́͋ä̦̖̻͇̦̯̥̯̦̬́̍̊̃̓̓̈̉̕͠ń͇̻̞̝̼͖͓͍̦̌̎̈́̊̈́̂͛͝͠ͅd̼̘̫̼͙̦̘̹̍̎̊̒̒̓̌͂͆͜͠ͅ ̡̛̗̥̹̬̘͚͖̬͔͛͑̂̀͌̉̈́͌̃s͔̖̘͉̥͎͙͚̳̥͒̈́͑͛͑̈͗̚̕͘w̻̞͇͕̱̝̙̳̳̙̿̈́̀̈̀̊̋͒̎͘e͓̺̜̞̦̖̭̪̮̙͂͋̇̏̍̋̒̇͛͘ā̛͕͓̭̝̥̣͑̊́̈́͐͒̒͝ ̡̞̣̬t̢̞̳̲̟͈̗͕͍̐̌̈̉̅̑͊̓̍͜͝i̧̛̞̩̥̼̣̗͓͔̬̍̿̍̔̓̐̀͗͝n̢͈̭̯̹͖̖̬̝̜̂̓͂̄͆̈̌̐̾̉g̢̱̼̞̜̥͉͚͙͔̀̒̋̈́̀̓̈́͑̊̕ ̡͙̩̦̖͓̻̪̪̇͛̑̂͂́̽̇̚͜͝a̡̛̱̺͖̖̗̮̠͊̄͛̀̉̽́̉͊͜ͅs̡̢͈̘̟̼̣̫̫̬̊̇̽͌͑͛̈́͆̕̕ ̨̡̹͍̬̜̗͇̱͙͐́̀̉͋̇̓̐̐̚ý̧̨̩̺̻̦̟̤͓͕̑͋͐̐̒̍̒̈́͝ỏ̙͔̯̰͈͔̝̫̯̬̋̈́͐̄̇̓̃̌͐ů̯̱͕̳̳͕̭͚̯̲͗̈̉̃̕͝͠͝͠ ̡͍̘̲͕̰̰̟̬̼͆͂̂̊̿̆̀̇͛̐r̢̨̜̙̤̫̗̳̣̪̃̀̃̈́͛̐͛͋́̅u̧̨̟͔͔̖̜̬̙̎̓̓̿̄͋̎̈́̊̄͜n̨̨̨̩̱̱͕̹̮̯̂͊͑͗͑̉͒̄̓͋ ̛͔̫̮͉͎̞̤͙̫̫̀̈̎͗̒̆̀̌͝ṱ̜̙͇͙̬̺͈̜̒͐̊̿̌̈͌̇̍̕͜h̨̖̦̰͔͕̗͉̳̺̐̇̎̓́͌̽̈͠͠r̞͇̗̘̞̪͓͔͈̐̈́̈́͑̇̓̑̊̕͝ͅơ̜͚͕̙̗̥̈́͐͆̔́̆̿̊͝ ̥̟͍̠ü̬͍̖̟͈̬̻̫̟̜̆̔̾͊̔̓̄͐͝g̡̲̙̯̪͎̺̺̖̀̊̋͋̈͛̿̍͋̈́͜ḩ̮̱͔̬̪̥̰͉̤̅̂̒̒̎̈́̓̎̊̚ ̧͕̤̝̹͉̤̲̠͕͊̆͒̒̓̍̋͛͝͝m̡̖̯̯̝̩̫̘̪̪̄̄̀̈́͂̃̂͒̄̀ÿ̡͉̗̰͎̞͕̹̹̰̆̀́͊͐̾̽̚͠ ̧̡͉̤͔̤̝̘̣̪̅̈́̅̉̔̑̑̑̕͠c̡͈̝̟̭̥͎̜̥̙̄͆͆̒̀͛̌͛̌̕ǫ̡̨̝̬͈͍̝̖̫̐̀͊̊́̅͂̀͌͠r͔̩͖̗̰͙̤̠̩͍̀̄́͐̈́͑̀͘͝͝r̨̹̼̮͙̔̒̀̋̎̆̇̚̕͝ͅ ̖̤̪̜į̨̥̩̳̰̜̱͔͑͐̀̈́̽̎̒͂̓͜͝d̛̘͍͉̰̥̪̙̹̙̪́̉̈́̈́̊̌͗͠͠o̻͕̜̳͍͇̳̙͙̟͗͊̇̆̂͌̀̔̽͘r̨̛̤̝͓͖̺͙͖̻̹̆̾̎͛̿̃͝͝͝s̛̫̃̽̿̊̆̓̉̕͝ ̢̫̮̥̬̝̟̞̫.̯̼̹̘̠̬̞̻̊̒̆̋̐̀́̈͝͠ͅͅ ̨̨̛͕͉̜̺͈̩̹̼̅͌͂̂̌̅̾͒͝Ḧ̨̧̨͎̲̱̹̹͖̙́̿̾͌̎̏͆̕͝͝ō̪͎̩̦͈̟͔̩̼̭͛̈̏̔̆̈́̇̕͝ẇ̧̢̖̹͖̗̪̠̬̦̀̈́̓̔̍̍̅̕͠ ̨̨̻͇̯̯̯̜̭̤̓̓̀̿́͗̃̆̈́̚ċ̢̨̰̯̳̮̼͓̳̺͒̿̑̅̏͘͘͝͠ą̪̪̤͎̫̮̜͇̼͌͛̊̑̀͆̌́̚͝ǹ̯͇̲͙͚̣͉̗̝̬͂͒̊̿̒̆̊͂̽ ̧̘̞͕̖͍̼̩͖͛̇̍͐̈͆͒̔͌̕͜y̮͙͓͉̦̮̤͙͉̖̽̑́̄̃͗́̋͝͝ǫ͙̪̩̜̩̼̲͍̩͂̈̾͆̃̒̑̂͝͝ư̡̡̢̤̳͚̙̼̼͈̋̈́̓̎͆͂͗̌ ̡̨͇̲̻͈̥͇͔̮̔͐̄̀̑̍̀̈͝͠c̨̛͓̝͈͍͎̬̭͉̀̀̑̿̆͑̕̚͜͠h̛͙̱̝̲̝̪̜̬̣̎͗͆͂͋͘̚͘̚͜à̡̠̤̝͈̗̰̪̠̱̑̓͑̽̿͗̈́͑͠ḷ̨͖̦̭̠̔̓̉̾̑̈́͒̽̒͐ ̨̭͇̪ļ̦̗̰̼̝̥̺̮̮̒̀͑͑͋͌͛̒̎̆e̱̳̱̹͇̻̙̳̾͂̃̓̇̋̂͐͜͝͠ͅn̡̢̤̗̟̠̯̦̣͉̏̆͊́͊̆͘͝͠͝g̡̡̯͕̞̯̖̼̟̯̏͋̔͛́̉̀̿̈͝e̡̛̛̽͋̇̏̏́͂̀ ̠̱̥̜͚̝͈̹͜ ̨͉͍̯͕̼̗̜͔͇̉͆̈͗͑̀̎͆͒̚à̲̬͍̖̤̫͕̮̞̎̌̂̈̈́̅̇̑̕ͅ ̧̛͕̲̻͖̫̭͚̊́͆̋̊̔̾̕͝ͅͅp̣̮̭̗̜̦̞̖̹͙͑̃̓͗́̃́͂̚͠ę̛͉͙͓̥̺̳̦̰̪̒͒̈̅̎̋̇͠͝r̻̤̬̯̜̙̠͚̦̝͗͌͆̎̅́̄͑͝͝f̯̖̝̫̹̰́̈́̎͌͋̍̒͒͝͝ ̢̠̰̠e̢̥̝̩̫̦̩̻̦̞̓͐͂͂̿̄̌̚͠͝ç̨̯͖̫̥͎̰̫͗̇͋̂̿̔̂̈́́̀͜ṯ̟̜̝͓̤̩̤͓̬̈́͌͐̀̂͊̎̍͐̀,̧͕͓͎̳͓͕͔̟̗̑̽̔͗͊͂͆̍͆͠ ̢̨͔̜͓͙̲͈̦̎̈̉̏́̅̃̀̓̚͜į̘͇͓̬̖̮̺̟̫̒̀̌̇͑̋̾̓̏͘ṃ͍̘̭̟̺̪̭̭̠̅͆̑̐̎̈́͐͘̕͠m̡̜͖͇̼̻͚̻̖̈́͋̈́̽͛̀́̄̚͠ͅo̡̫̬̼̥̟͋̒͑͛̈́̈́̈̎̕͝ ̩̞͈̱r̠͍̫͓̣̙͎̯͇̲̍̉̄͒͗͒̍̔͊̄ţ̖̤̲͕̭̞̩̼̖̍̾̿̒͒͛̇͐̽̕a̡̧̼̼̰͉͎̟̳̬̓̒̈̅͊͆̾́͝͠l̛̥̘͙̪͚̲͍̞͎͈̂͂͛̍̾̒͊̿̒ ̧̟̙̳̙͚̤̼̞̾̐́̀̉̈́̑̀̈́͘͜m̥͔̖̩̩̩̬̖̹̈́̂͂̽̈̉̿̑̊̏ͅa̢̡͚̥̺͇̹͉̜̋͑̀̃̌͒̕͘̚͠ͅç̜̻̞̰̘̮̩͇̬̾͒̾͌̔̑͊̏͆͠h̢̯͈̝͕̻͛͗̈́̊̐͑̓͋̇̚ ̖͇̝̯i͍̘̬͎̬͍̞͈͕̺̓͌͂͂͛͌͒̿̚͠n̛̤͈̙̺̥̼̫̙͍̗͛̿̀̓̈́̒̓̃͝ę̢͉̱̘͚͍̟̹͈̆̓̇̽͗̇̋͂̕͝?̢̘̬͍̭̻̘̹͎̿́͆̎̔̀̄̆̕͠ͅ

escobert
02-18-2016, 05:32 AM
Ohh robots. I play robot themed decks in Magic: The Gathering :D My favorite would probably be:

Mirage
02-18-2016, 05:39 AM
isn't that more like a magical machine?!?

escobert
02-18-2016, 06:04 AM
isn't that more like a magical machine?!?

Yes, but the deck type has been nicknamed Robots. It was originally called Affinity, due to several cards using the Affinity ability. but only a few cards are used with that ability anymore. More use Metalcraft now. Hence the Robot name.

Zanmato
02-18-2016, 08:58 AM
You can't mess with this robot! :cool:

This is also my 500th post... HURRAY ME! :dance:

Forsaken Lover
02-18-2016, 09:50 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/xenosaga/images/8/86/KOSMOSd.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151215090500

Old Manus
02-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Pike

Wolf Kanno
02-20-2016, 11:22 PM
I almost forgot...

Zanmato
02-21-2016, 01:39 PM
I almost forgot...

OK... That was weird... :screwy:
It feels like BDSM... :lol: