PDA

View Full Version : Criticise the game you're playing right now!

Pages : [1] 2

Pete for President
02-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Like the 'What are you playing right now thread' but criticise the game(s) in question (in short)!

I'm playing Vagrant Story. The map design gets very confusing midway through the game. Town Center East, City Walls North, Undercity West, I have no clue what's connected to what and how. Doesn't help that the game only uses 3 or 4 colour schemes either!

Your turn :)

Pumpkin
02-16-2016, 09:24 PM
Legend of Dragoon - Button presses during battle :nonono:

Life is Strange - Mostly characters I dislike

Earthbound - Not as easy to figure out what to do as I'm used to from modern games

Threads of Fate - Difficult

Bloody Roar 3 - Hard even on easy mode :nonono:

Formalhaut
02-16-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on the PS4 (as opposed to the Xbox 360, like last time).

It is a really good, immersive game with a fantastic story and plot, but honestly, the side quests leave something to be desired. About half of the side quests are "find letter, go to location, find item/kill enemy". There's hardly any story beyond that, which is disappointing. The primary companion quests are very well fleshed out, but there is little in the way of conversations with ordinary people.

Dragon Age II had flaws, but the side quests were excellent and really helped you gel with regular people.

Jinx
02-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Really only able to play for 30 minutes a day or so. Really easy to get burnt out on.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - It would be better if it were an actual Animal Crossing game and your job is how you earned bells. Also, it'd be nice if your clients actually rated the homes you design.

Tomodachi Life - After you get over the randomness and get a few babies, it's p. boring. You can't have gay couples unless you cheat in character creation.

Fynn
02-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Dragon Quest V - I get a bit more lost on what to do next than in previous games. It's still the best one yet.

Vyk
02-16-2016, 11:33 PM
Final Fantasy XII. My first real play through of it. My original complaints with the game and why I gave it up after a few hours are as follows

Strapped down with Titus 2.0. I originally saw Vaan as a whiny needless teenager with a weird idea for outfits

Now I realize he grows pretty quick and isn't nearly as abrasive. And his clothes aren't that bad. When you think about it critically Aladdins outfit was pretty dumb too. Which I'd obviously what they were going for. A vest with no shirt is never a good idea. But whatever

Star Wars rip off. And I didn't even catch things like character archetype mimicry. The cut scenes alone with air ships and armies and stuff. The locations the shots and imagery screamed Star Wars Prequel. Which is not a part of Star Wars you want to copy

Turns out they did a good job with it, surprisingly. The characters fit the bill while still being original and not just carbon copy homage. They did Star Wars better than the prequels

MMO combat system. I thought it was a brainless way to take control away from the user and sacrifice a huge part of the JRPG identity

Obviously I hadn't played many Tales games at that point. Nor KoTOR. Or Dragons Dogma. Or Dragon Age. Or Mass Effect. Or, hell, Persona 3 & 4 do it well too. This just had the weird time bars trying to keep an aspect of ATB

So what's left to still complain about? I don't really hate the license board. I like the character models, personalities, plot, and all this other stuff

The colors and music is pretty low key, bland, light, forgettable. Though I'd rather alright music and art direction than bad music and art direction

I'd just rather some more contrast and vibrancy in the colors and more emotional and memorable music. But still a fanatic game that I didn't give a fair chance to initially

Ayen
02-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Broken Helix: Terrible gameplay, horrid graphics even for 97, too easy to screw up your entire game, only saving grace are the quirky moments, a somewhat interesting story, and Bruce Campbell as the lead VA.

Pete for President
02-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Bloody Roar 3 - Hard even on easy mode :nonono:

I remember the demo of Bloody Roar 1 kicking my butt back in the day :mad2:

blackmage_nuke
02-17-2016, 07:38 AM
I like to save before conversations in adventure games so I can load the game and listen to the responses from the options I didn't choose but in Broken age it takes 3-5 clicks to save and resume playing, and loading requires me to go back to the main menu. I miss the old days where it was f5 double click a file to save and you're already sent back to game, f7 double click to load

Bubba
02-17-2016, 08:57 AM
The Last of Us: Survivor Difficulty - Smurf me this is hard. There are virtually no pick-ups so I've got barely any ammo. I can hardly craft anything to heal with so I've had to stealth kill my way through the majority of the game. There are lots of difficulty spikes in this game too so a lot of sections have been extensive trial and error.

Plus, I've been trying to get all the optional conversations and I knew there was one next to a billboard but Ellie had already ran on to the next section of the game. So annoying when the game buggers up your trophy and you've done nothing wrong. This game is still awesome though.

FFII - Levelling up magic and weapons in this game takes aaaaaaaaages. I almost don't want to find any more magic tomes as I know I'll have to start the spell at level 1 then spend ages grinding it up to a useable level.

The story has been great though. I much prefer it to the original. It's just a shame I forget parts of it due to the slog of grinding magic and weapons.

Vermachtnis
02-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Neptunia VII, it's been 9 hours and Uni has just had a cameo. And Vert has had less then that.

Wolf Kanno
02-17-2016, 09:39 AM
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - The game is padded all to hell with the treasure map system, completing the map, and the Triforce hunt. I'm sure half my game time is just sailing around and looking for pointless treasure.

Pumpkin
02-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Breath of Fire III - No ladies yet :colbert: Really there's a bit of a learning curve I'm trying to get used to

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2016, 03:40 AM
Breath of Fire III - No ladies yet :colbert:

They're coming.

Vasher
02-29-2016, 02:57 AM
FF I (iOS)- Holy crap is this easy! It's a joke. Levels pass by the second, the enemies throw boat loads of Gil at you as they die. Marsh Cave, used to be a real biatxh! Not anymore. Later enemies, Cockatrice, Gargoyle, used to Stone the F out of you. No, it was so bad on the NES, they stoned the double F (FF) out of you, and since you were always a "starving student", you didn't have the cash to load up on Soft (now "Golden Needle"). This made the Citadel of Trials a "trial" (even if you had a butt load of Soft, can't use it if you're already "Stoned"). It isn't just these examples, everything in the game seems so "handed over". No, "bent over", ankles clutched, and somehow the body and head are contorted "just so", enabling it to kiss it's a ss goodbye.

I see why the Silver Sword was left out. Anyone who doesn't know of it's unparalleled awesomeness in early game, it turns the Fighter into a total bad a ss before you even get your mitts on the TNT (whatever it's called now). The game is so easy though, it wouldn't even matter. Just more cheese to go with my w(h)ine.

I expected to hunt Warmech for innumerable hours. He was my 3'rd fight on the bridge... My 3'rd freaking fight!!! He stood up to me, for a moment. Chaos took a few swings too, but alas...

It's to be expected though. Games of that time are so unforgiving. They just don't make 'em like they used to. On top of that, they have to take the "used to's" and dilute them too. BS. Anyone else here beat the first few Ninja Gaiden's? OMG!!! To start all over because of a finicky controller button (failed jump, or one into a flying "bird")! Regarding console titles developed by Sony, MS, Nin, they could easily make as much, or more, off of a title with "old school" difficulty based on the increase in OEM controller sales. ;)

Anyhow, I guess the challenge is in the new content? *Dives back in*

Fynn
02-29-2016, 05:49 AM
The Sims 4 doesn't have toddlers :colbert:

Forsaken Lover
02-29-2016, 06:15 AM
FFIX: The battle system is still slower than a tortoise moving through tar.

Formalhaut
02-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Tales of Xillia: Aerial combat is still finicky and difficult to get to grips with. I don't really see a benefit to fighting in the air as opposed to on the ground. Casting artes takes a long time.

Karifean
02-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Goddamnit Danganronpa, why don't you let me point and click with the goddamn mouse. Why do I have to navigate menus using the keyboard. Why can't you at least allow the right mouse button to be used for canceling out of menus. Or better yet, why don't you just let me remap the controls entirely. Nnnnnope. Man, playing this game without a functional mouse would be trout. It's not as bad as 999's fixed text speed, but come on. PC Visual Novels have had better controls than this since before the turn of the millenium. They could've at least been brought up to speed for this port.

Rez09
02-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Much as I love Romancing Saga, it has some serious issues, most of which were ironed out in later games. Probably the most notorious is the absolutely absurd number of enemy encounters in the game; I don't know what the developers were thinking, but the game uses enemy sprites to trigger combat instead of random encounters and most places are just FILLED with mobs, so it is a constant slog through areas to get anywhere.

And while this ends up rather tedious on its own, it gets to be extremely problematic when paired with the way enemies are designed in the game. Unlike most other RPGs I've played, RS epitomizes the adage 'a good offensive is the best defense', and certain enemies, especially from the mid game onward, are extremely squishy and die to a decent hit or two, but they, in turn, hit like rocket propelled buses and will usually either kill party members or severely damage them if you aren't fast enough to dispatch them before they get turns. The problem is lessened as you begin to recognize and prioritize particularly dangerous enemies, but for the first playthrough this gets to be a major issue.

Along with this, there are also problems to be found in how weapons levels and mp work, particularly in late game areas like the frozen place where the player will be encountering end game enemy formations, including enemies like Ifrits that can deal 700+ damage to the entire party (That's almost a OHKO/party wipe to my 30+ hour group, by the by). Because fire immunity is so limited, and these enemies are often silly fast, you have to use weapon skills to eliminate them as quickly as possible, but you can't gain weapon levels from using skills and ALL weapon skills share tech points, meaning that, even if you bring several weapons, you can burn through all of your TP before finishing the dungeon and you won't get weapon levels to show for it. There are ways to deal with this of course, but, again, for players going through the first time this gets to be an extreme annoyance.

Similarly annoying, almost all chests in the game only contain gold, which in itself isn't a problem at all, ESPECIALLY if you weren't a particularly stellar person in your journey and end up in the giant's village at the end of the game, but you can only hold 9999 gold at a time, which is super easy to hit in each dungeon from the middle of the game onward without opening boxes. This means you often fight your way to chests only to find you wasted your time, which gets beyond disheartening when you notice the NEW swarm of monsters that have gathered behind you. The easy solution would be to avoid all the chests you see, but the problem with this is that there are a few items that are ONLY in chests (see also: debatable best armor in the game) or are extremely valuable (see also: elixirs / jewels), so you never WANT to miss out on them. It gets especially depressing in some areas, like the gold mines, where you go through the place and BEAT A DRAGON . . . only to get chests you can't open because you maxed out on money on the third floor of the five floor dungeon. ._ .

Pumpkin
02-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

I'm having to wait a long time to get all of my lady characters :colbert:

TheKeybasHKey
03-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Pokémon LeafGreen...

Ugh, it's hard to train your Pokémon when you find out that the gym leader's Pokémon is more stronger then yours.

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2016, 06:18 AM
Front Mission 3, I need to transfer my save to my PS3 so I don't have to worry about the PSP battery dying on me. I've been playing my DS/3DS so much lately I forgot that some handhelds actually don't have great battery life.

In terms of the game itself, I completely forgot how unintuitive and annoying the interweb portions of the game are. To explain, between missions, you have the option of going on the in-game internet world to check out websites, get hacking programs, and order parts for your mecha. The interface tries to be user friendly by setting it up to make it easier to access specific pages without going into the main page and looking for it, but the set-up still involves you wasting time cyclying through pages and you can't just point and click to what you need. I also keep getting emails and passwords to break into pages, but finding half the pages can be a problem. I also hope you wrote down the password because you always have to input it yourself and it's rarely ever something simple, usually involving one of the games 900 acronyms for the various factions. Gameplay is still pretty solid.

Laddy
03-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Pillars of Eternity is loads of fun but I find a lot of the weapon styles useless. Most any weapon with a reload rate is just not worth the wait time.

In addition, more companions would be nice. The base game only has 8 and I feel like if there were more I could design a party that better suits my tastes as far as gameplay and characterization though.

Also the Stronghold is a disappointment.

Pumpkin
03-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Grandia II - NO MAP AND TERRIBLE CAMERA CONTROLS :nonono:

Pete for President
03-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Playing Darkest Dungeon and I must say the build up for stress can be out-of-control quick at the beginning stages of a mission. It seems to be a linear curve upwards, but I think it would be much more of a lurking and stressful feel had it been exponential. Then the length of the quest would really start to nag at the party members minds.

Omni-Odin
03-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Darn you Diablo III for abandoning the gritty style of the first two Diablo games in order to adopt the cartoony graphics of the Warcraft series.

It's a pretty good game, but I'm having trouble adapting to the new look.

Vermachtnis
03-10-2016, 02:56 AM
In Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, sometimes to advance the plot you have to talk to someone. Go back to the office to get a quest and then you talk to the same person again.

Pumpkin
03-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Imma do an updated one of this too since I am in to the games further now:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel:
Not digging this chapter as much as the others. The map is MASSIVE and it takes forever to get quests done. Also very slow story progression.

Breath of Fire 3:
Can't think of too many other than I'm not super good at it and I miss a lot of stuff, sadly.

Grandia II:
Same thing I said before. I can't with the awful camera coupled with a lack of a map. It is so friggin easy to get lost. The compass is practically useless.

Dragon Age: Origins:
The gameplay is kind of meh and hard for me to get the hang of. Also isn't making me super excited.

Earthbound:
Very difficult suddenly :stare:

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax:
Not the funnest thing, story repeats for everyone, my trophies aren't registering for some reason?

Project X Zone:
Repetitive

Midgar Mist
03-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Dungeons in the later stages of FF5 can be a pain in the ass. Seemingly dead ends that require you to have some kind of eagle's eyes in order to solve them. In the hunt for the lithographs, even random monsters are too hard, depleting my MP like crazy. Then I have to read between the lines of easily missable riddles in order to not get my ass kicked in fork tower. All this, now I have to flounder around aimlessly in the ocean trench. Can't I solve one lousy dungeon without having to consult a walkthrough? (Sigh)

Fynn
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Pillars of Eternity does not mark which areas you've visited on the world map, only those that you've uncovered. So I could very well be going in circles later on when there;s more areas. It can also be a pain as I saw my wife's transitions between areas growing ever longer as her save files became more and more bloated. So I just have to memorize which areas I've visited and which I just know exist.

I could also use a mini-map, but that's a really minor nitpick.

Madame Adequate
03-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Banished is a very fun little city builder, but it is a little limited in scope. It could really have stood to have tech levels or something similar, to let you build things up taller as well as broader.

That said, there are mods like Colonial Charter that more or less totally address this point, so it's hard to care too much.

Also, been replaying Suikoden the last couple of days, and aside from the UI jank you can expect from a mid-90s RPG, the one thing I would really like to have seen is bonus endgame content, bonus dungeons and bosses and stuff.

Shaibana
03-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Yoshi's new world:
Obviously not made for my age group.
its pretty easy and if you die 2-3 times you get wings and just fly over everything to the end of the level.

but i love Yoshi :3

Pete for President
03-16-2016, 02:06 PM
A lot of the bosses in Darkest Dungeon rely on infinite spawning enemies, one of the game mechanics I hate the most no matter where or how it is implemented. Also there seems to be a lot of grinding...

Wolf Kanno
03-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 which I'll simply start off by saying that it is not a franchise I've ever cared for. If you like these types of games, good for you, but I just don't see the appeal.

My major gameplay gripe at the moment is how sometimes a mission can be a luck-based battle depending on who you get partnered up with, and who you are up against. In trying to do this one mission, I kept either getting stuck with minor characters with crappy mobile suits as partners who kept getting killed off if I wasn't constantly babysitting them or the enemy kept getting their top three aces from their team who loved to travel as a group and respawned after what felt like 10 seconds from when I took them down. Usually I got some combination of both leading to getting my ass handed to me if I wasn't using a character with an overpowered Mobile Suit like the Unicorn or Nu Gundam. The party choices are random too so I sometimes which the lineup was either set or I could choose.

My other gripe has more to do with nature of franchise fan-service titles in that the more popular series get uneven representation from less popular series. Kind of like how Record Keeper heavily favors FFIV, VI, VII, and X until very recently. You would almost think Gundam was just the first two series of the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam as they have tons of characters from their series whereas the other series are lucky to get two representatives. I mean I understand that G Gundam was more popular in the West but this type of game is just a perfect fit for that series. It's massive cast of different Gundams would have been a blast to use in this game since they offered a bit of variety but, instead we only get two playable characters and a side character. Still better than poor Victory Gundam... not to mention 08th MS Team and 0080 War in the Pocket get zero representation.

The game also couldn't get a lot of voice actors to come back to reprise their roles so poor Domon sounds nothing like his original VA, and Heero Yui is comically being voiced by the same actor who plays his rival, making this an amusing moment of talking to yourself.

Karifean
03-21-2016, 02:11 AM
I am sooo smurfing sick of the minigame in Shikkoku no Sharnoth. I can't make heads or tails of the enemy movement AI which is real bad since the objective is to avoid them and reach certain spots. Naturally that means you want to lure them away from the critical positions, but HOW THE smurf DO YOU EVEN DO THAT!? On top of that, every round there's a chance for a totally random event to happen and if you're unlucky you can get completely screwed over, like if you lose two turns when the enemies are right next to you (yes this actually happened). If you lose you have to retry from the beginning which is just frustrating because it's not fun at all and even though it probably only takes around 10-15 minutes each time it feels like I wasted a goddamn hour on it.

I should've just chosen to turn it off at the start. But I didn't want to do that because it's actively discouraged by the game itself since there are some very plot-relevant scenes in them you miss out on that way. This minigame can go to hell.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention how when you actually WANT the enemies to go into certain traps they will sometimes completely end up ignoring you even though you are literally four spaces away (the minimum so you can still stay safe when they take their turn). Now that's just wonderful.

Vermachtnis
03-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Senran Kagura Estival Versus hasn't done much for the Gessen Girls. And Yumi, thanks to her popularity in Japan, is everywhere. And the Hanzo girls have barely had any screen time. I've used Asuka for a couple of missions with Ikaruga and Katsuragi having one a piece. Yagyu and Hibari haven't had any. Again this probably has something to do with popularity and making way for the new characters, but they were once the main characters. And Asuka's grandmother is playing a role similar to the heavy. So you'd think she'd have more presence, but nope it's Yumi and co. looking for their grandfather and not getting any new character development.

And the combat is a little on the easy side. There's this optional mission that's four stars that I decided to do shortly after jumping in. It involved the leaders of all the factions getting hit by this weird potion that made them spout insults at one another, but it doesn't work on Yumi (go figure). So to solve this, they use another potion that makes them insult one another. And you play as Yumi fighting the other three character at the same time. Homura and Asuka are usually the toughest fights in the games, but I had no problem with it.

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2016, 04:03 PM
"WHY THE SMURF DO I CARE ABOUT GROWING THESE BLOODY CAULIFLOWERS"

You know the game.

Rez09
03-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Just finished FFVI again

I wish Shadow was a more reliable party member during the first half of the game; it's annoying wanting to use someone you know may leave you after battles.

I also wish the game better communicated to the player what was and was not a magic attack, and that physical damage scaled better. As the game stands, virtually EVERY character gains the most benefit from pumping the magic stat, even when they appear to be physically inclined.

FFNut
03-22-2016, 02:22 PM
I just finished Final Fantasy VI and playing it yet again. What Rez just said was correct. Magic will break the game. So will Gau. I am playing the original (FFIII NA) version and there are huge translation holes in it. Mostly involving Shadow, but other things like telling people if we don't do this we will never see our friends again... Two of the people talking have not met the rest yet. Things like that.

Pete for President
03-22-2016, 02:40 PM
The ambush rate while camping in Darkest Dungeon is way too high and one of the most frustrating things in the game.

rhophiehalul78
03-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Dota 2. When you win, it's a great feeling. When you lose, you suddenly think you wasted hours and suddenly hate your life.

Pheesh
03-23-2016, 05:39 AM
Man FIFA brings out the rage. For me it's equalled only by the NBA 2K series for "punch a wall" type rage that it causes. Both games suck me in every time though.

krissy
03-25-2016, 07:50 AM
alien isolation

TOO SCARY

Madame Adequate
03-26-2016, 11:49 PM
Pillars of Eternity.

It's superb in almost every way but some of the quests in Act III are... esoteric in their descriptions, shall we say.

Midgar Mist
03-27-2016, 03:36 PM
Just downloaded one of my childhood favourites: Superfrog!

However, I am worse at this game than I used to be. And ahhhh....a shortage of save points (or maybe none at all) those were the days (!)

So I can't move for getting spiked, stung or tripped up by something that looks like Putty (get back to the game you belong in chump)

Because I've been spoiled by later technology, my feeble 32 year old mind can no longer grasp what my compos mentis childbrain could back in 1994. Its now hard to understand that the only way to kill an enemy is to jump on it. I think there's an attack I'm missing but damned if I know what button to press.

I have only just started replaying it after 20 years so....we'll see (I might call Sis and she if she remembers teaching me how to play it.......maybe not)

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Final Fantasy III on Steam...
Mini and Toad dungeons. Dumb.
A lot of the time you are given no direction on what to do next.
Bit too easy by the end. Devout is OP.

Fynn
03-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Bravely Second has this interesting mechanic where you have to make a moral choice in a sidequest and that determines what job you get. While cool because, yay, actual gameplay-influencing choice, and I know you get to get the other job later on, it still kinda stresses me out that I won't be able to fully customize my party for an extended period. Then again, having this limited based on my choice is certainly an interesting mechanic that I appreciate, so you could say I'm conflicted about this.

The music, while good on its own, is sadly not nearly as good as the original's. This is mostly due to the fact that the only live instrument in the soundtrack is the electric guitar, while Default's entire soundtrack was performed by a live band.

Pumpkin
04-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Hexyz Force is difficult as all heck. Frustratingly so :argh:

Yar
04-06-2016, 06:33 PM
The only game I've played for the past several months is Cities Skylines. I love it! I have about 300 hours into it and I can't stop playing

Wolf Kanno
04-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Xenosaga Episode 1 has a few issues. Getting money can be a bit of a chore in this game which is probably why most gamers never bother with the AGWS because they are serious money sinks. The game is also really slow in it's pacing, hell it even makes a battle to the death against ghost aliens on a star ship feel like it took too long and had too many detours in it. My last gripe is the games atrocious use of it's soundtrack. Having owned the actual OST, I know Mitsuda delivered a damn good soundtrack but the designer just never use it, in fact most spaceships don't bother having background music and that's 90% of the fucking game. If I'm not just listening to the clip clop of my party's feet then I'm stuck listening to the ten or so tracks that do get repeated all the time which are battle thtmes, the U.M.N. Theme, or that awful jazzy contemporary piece that often plays when the party (mostly Allen) is being goofy. So yeah, fuck you guys for denying me some of the games best tracks.

Del Murder
04-11-2016, 05:29 PM
While none of the levels in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze gave me too much trouble, acquiring some of the puzzle pieces in the more difficult levels was a chore. Particularly where you had to collect moving rows of bananas while Donkey Kong was also moving. It was so frustrating. My biggest gripe of the game would probably be that there are certain times where the same game element required speed (shooting from barrels for example) and other times where it required patience. My muscle memory would kick in and I would instinctively want to blow through the whole course, only to continuously miss the platform I had to wait for.

Loony BoB
04-12-2016, 12:24 PM
I find it genuinely annoying that Minecraft, with all the money and resources it has available to it, still uses Java. And man can it be hell to get all these mods working together the way I want them to.

Wolf Kanno
04-26-2016, 06:53 AM
I really dislike platforming in first person view. It worked in Mirror's Edge but it is not working so well in Half Life, in fact the control for climbing ladders is ridiculous and I kept screwing up a major jump because the game had a hard time detecting the ladder that I kept smacking into. In stead I just slammed into like a moron and fell to my death. Thank god for saves.

Pumpkin
04-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Fire Emblem: Birthright - A lot of characters just feel like a rehash of Awakening characters. I would have liked more original and unique looks and personalities

Tomb Raider (PS3) - A bit stressful at times

Time and Eternity - Dialogue isn't so great, voice acting is bad, character animations are all over the place

Pete for President
04-27-2016, 09:10 AM
It really annoys that in Metal Gear Solid 3 when you are aiming in first person view and using the shoulder buttons to peek around a corner but get shot/hit/bitten by an animal first person view pops back out to third person view and because you're holding a shoulder button it automatically opens item selection.

Also throwing grenades is very clunky; there only seem to be 2 sensitivity regions; soft and close or hard and far but nothing in between, which makes landing grenades in the perfect spot really really hard. The amount of times I have blown myself up because of this...

Madame Adequate
04-27-2016, 06:59 PM
Civilization 4.

Uh...

It... it hasn't been patched for more efficiency on modern systems? Honestly, I got nothing, the game's as close to the platonic ideal of a 4X as anyone has ever come.

e; Later in the game and/or on big maps it can take a hella long time to process AI turns.

Pheesh
04-28-2016, 02:38 AM
Dragon Age: Inquisition - It would be nice if you didn't have to do every available side quest you can find and then some in order to be a comfortable level to progress the story. Like, I understand that they want to flesh the game out and the side quests are entertaining as fuck the first time you do them. But when you're making your second or third character sometimes you just want to progress the story to Skyhold quickly or get your specialisation without having to clear out every area of available quests.

Formalhaut
04-28-2016, 03:17 AM
Dragon Age: Inquisition - It would be nice if you didn't have to do every available side quest you can find and then some in order to be a comfortable level to progress the story. Like, I understand that they want to flesh the game out and the side quests are entertaining as smurf the first time you do them. But when you're making your second or third character sometimes you just want to progress the story to Skyhold quickly or get your specialisation without having to clear out every area of available quests.

It doesn't help that the sidequests in this game are hardly inspiring, and is actually my biggest complaint about it. The Hinterlands are the worst. So many letter/memo quests, that appear designed simply to fill up some room.

Pike
04-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Dragon Age: Inquisition - It would be nice if you didn't have to do every available side quest you can find and then some in order to be a comfortable level to progress the story. Like, I understand that they want to flesh the game out and the side quests are entertaining as smurf the first time you do them. But when you're making your second or third character sometimes you just want to progress the story to Skyhold quickly or get your specialisation without having to clear out every area of available quests.

This.

Also I don't like how it kind of just dumps "you're in the Inquisition now! Enjoy!" on you without really telling you much about it. In the prior two games they built up why you cared (i.e. - why the Grey Wardens are important and why you needed to join them; and why you care about Hawke's family and personal quest) and that led to a stronger investment in the story IMO.

Edit: ALSO I don't like how Bioware went in and changed a bunch of weird stuff for no reason (moved the minimap to the opposite side of the screen; changed a bunch of keybinds that have been in place since Origins, etc.) At least I can fix all the keybinds :p

Formalhaut
04-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Also I don't like how it kind of just dumps "you're in the Inquisition now! Enjoy!" on you without really telling you much about it. In the prior two games they built up why you cared (i.e. - why the Grey Wardens are important and why you needed to join them; and why you care about Hawke's family and personal quest) and that led to a stronger investment in the story IMO.

Edit: ALSO I don't like how Bioware went in and changed a bunch of weird stuff for no reason (moved the minimap to the opposite side of the screen; changed a bunch of keybinds that have been in place since Origins, etc.) At least I can fix all the keybinds :p

Hmm, I don't know. I rather liked the fact that you could roleplay as a character rather disinterested in the Inquisition as a concept. I remember many dialogue choices which went along the lines of "I'll join... for now". You grow into the role of Inquisitor slowly over the course of the first act which leads to that nice first scene in Skyhold where you hold the sword aloft. There wasn't so much of a prologue because events were occurring rather rapidly.

Actually, that's one thing I still miss from Origins: a proper prologue based on your character's backstory.

Madame Adequate
04-28-2016, 04:11 PM
I felt like Pike, the game doesn't state what your position in the Inquisition is, and doesn't make clear who is supposed to be taking orders from who, or why. That was probably deliberate because hey, things are a real mess, but it came across more as messy writing than anything. :p

Pheesh
04-28-2016, 04:44 PM
I lean more towards Formy's thinking. I feel the game has a pretty good natural flow to it in the beginning, at least from a storytelling perspective (I made my thoughts clear on the gameplay hangups that are present). It is a pretty big clusterfuck in the beginning of the game but I think that lends itself a) the general confusion that needs to be present for the Inquisition to begin in the first place and b) it leaves it open for your character to slot in as either a saviour who is up to the challenge or kind of a dick that has no choice (similar to what Formy mentioned).

Pike
04-28-2016, 07:32 PM
I guess it just felt rushed to me compared to the other two games, which are still fresh in my memory since I'm currently marathoning the series. (Which is actually pretty impressive because the other two games didn't exactly have slow burn openers xD) I think I would have preferred if the Inquisition had been brought up more in the other two games to kind of set it up.

Formalhaut
04-28-2016, 08:17 PM
Mr. Carny is playing through Dragon Age: Origins again and it hasn't aged terribly well. I mentioned the brown colouration. I still find it strange that the main character isn't voiced. He's currently on the Dwarven quest and my God I forgot how awful and long the Deep Roads section is.

I'd still say the Origin stories are the best bit of the game. As I was saying about Inquisition, I feel as if it would have benefited to have a short prologue chapter which fleshes out your character's clan/family more than they War Table missions ever did.

Pike
04-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Mr. Carny is playing through Dragon Age: Origins again and it hasn't aged terribly well.

Really? Because I played this for the very first time fairly recently and I immediately fell in love with it and had an absolute blast with it. It immediately became one of my all time fave RPGs. I think it's aged wonderfully!

Madame Adequate
04-28-2016, 09:11 PM
I'm not even sure a release date less than a decade ago can qualify for "Not aged well", at that point it's more "Didn't like to begin with" :p But I admit it's not quite as smooth as more recent CRPGs so I can see how it might bug you to go back to it.

But I'll not be so open-minded and reasonable about the Deep Roads, it's one of the best parts of any RPG ever made and that's the end of the matter :colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
04-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Finally playing Bioshock Infinite, and I'm almost done.

I could see the plot twist coming from a mile away, but that's fine. I just wish the game would get there already.

Overall, it's a better game than the first, and if I hadn't played the original first I'm sure I'd like this one much better. However, since that isn't the case, it feels like a rehashed Bioshock. Everything is a little different, but also the same. That deja vu feeling makes the story feel a little stale in some areas.

Basically, I'm done with the story, it's time for closure. Not another wave of enemies. Comstock is dead, I know she's actually my daughter, I know I'm crazy, alternate universe Comstock, wooOOOoooOOoo....., it's done now. It's over. Let the train come to a stop.

Del Murder
04-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Pairing up is not as beneficial as it was in Awakening. Since you only get the extra attack when you are on adjacent tiles and not paired-up, the only benefit is the small stat increases and protection of extra attacks from adjacent tiled enemies (which is easy to avoid if you position yourself well). I get that this is meant to be a defensive formation compared to leaving your characters on adjacent tiles in a more offensive formation, but the cost of a lot of offense since you lose the ability for an dual attack as well as lose one character turn. In Awakening, there was a real choice about pairing up since it increases the chance of a dual attack but at the cost of a character turn. Not to mention the fact that unpairing also costs a turn (now on two characters).

Formalhaut
04-29-2016, 12:30 AM
But I'll not be so open-minded and reasonable about the Deep Roads, it's one of the best parts of any RPG ever made and that's the end of the matter :colbert:

But it's so long and monotonous though :crying2:

Vermachtnis
04-29-2016, 01:22 AM
FFX-2, you use everything during confusion. Megalixer, that wolf looks thirsty. Darkness, hitting myself with it sounds awesome. Also monsters seem to always get a few turns right off the bat. There are these wolves on Gagezet with Confuse and Death bite. Every encounter with them starts with someone dying. Even when I have the pre-emptive strike.

Slothy
04-29-2016, 01:59 PM
I really dislike platforming in first person view. It worked in Mirror's Edge but it is not working so well in Half Life, in fact the control for climbing ladders is ridiculous and I kept screwing up a major jump because the game had a hard time detecting the ladder that I kept smacking into. In stead I just slammed into like a moron and fell to my death. Thank god for saves.

I struggled with that stuff when I first played the game actually but that was actually my first truly 3D fps I played on pc. The funny thing is, 18 years later with literally thousands of hours into it, it's expansions, mods, and sequels, I can first person platform in my sleep in just about any game. A far cry from the days when I needed to look down to time jumps. Not that that's a defence of it really. It's literally a skill I've basically spent two decades perfecting. Most people don't invest that kind of time.

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2016, 08:01 PM

I struggled with that stuff when I first played the game actually but that was actually my first truly 3D fps I played on pc. The funny thing is, 18 years later with literally thousands of hours into it, it's expansions, mods, and sequels, I can first person platform in my sleep in just about any game. A far cry from the days when I needed to look down to time jumps. Not that that's a defence of it really. It's literally a skill I've basically spent two decades perfecting. Most people don't invest that kind of time.

I get what you mean, I have a similar feeling when listening to people whine about the platforming of Xenogaers, but I've played that game so much back in the day that the Tower of Babel doesn't even register to me as being a pain.

The actually jumping from platform part isn't too bad, the issue here was that platform jumping combined with the game's really unrealistic and awkward ladder controls made this particular jump a nightmare. Thank god you respawn where you last save but it took me quite awhile to jump and actually have Gordon register that he "grabbed" the ladder. Beyond that, the game has been fun and my only issues have really been my lack of FPS skills.

Pete for President
05-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Some Metal Gear Solid 3 criticism: During nighttime we make our way to the lab through a creepy jungle bit full of traps and even a dead body hanging around. Spooky stuff! But when we fight the Fear there later it is in daylight! Such a weird and awful design choice for this boss who's theme is fear. There's just no fear when it's not dark. Then again I feel like the Fear's entire design wasn't really frightening but more like a dorky kind of creep.

Slothy
05-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Ladders are a bit tricky in the original half life i will admit. Best thing to do to be certain you grab them is try and get them head on, hold forward and look straight up the ladder. You'll pretty much go in the direction you're holding while being somewhat stuck to the ladder so going off to the sides too much can knock you right off. Another thing i can use in my sleep in that game now but it wasn't always like that.

Mr. Carnelian
05-01-2016, 05:20 PM

You must really love tunnels, Mister Adequate. So many tunnels, so little reason to give a smurf...

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Persona 4: The Golden

I mean as a fan of P4 this is just a nice big gooey fanservice dilly bar and that makes me happy. Nothing but love for this game. But my god I can't imagine playing this as your introduction to Persona 4, let alone your first Persona game. I feel like it removes some of the mystery and just screams :save: ADACHI DID IT, THIS GUY, OVER HERE, WITH THE WEIRD JESTER ARCANA WHO ACTS TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN HIS SOCIAL LINK THAN WITH OTHER ADULTS AROUND :save:. I mean even in the original a smart cookie could piece it together, but for me it was actually a majorly cool moment naming the culprit, thinking it through and being like, "no...but...yeah...yeah, that actually makes sense, oh trout." Also, it's just like, so much extras. But people have played P4G first without complaint so I guess I worry for nothing :p

Formalhaut
05-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Persona 4: The Golden

I mean as a fan of P4 this is just a nice big gooey fanservice dilly bar and that makes me happy. Nothing but love for this game. But my god I can't imagine playing this as your introduction to Persona 4, let alone your first Persona game. I feel like it removes some of the mystery and just screams :save: ADACHI DID IT, THIS GUY, OVER HERE, WITH THE WEIRD JESTER ARCANA WHO ACTS TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN HIS SOCIAL LINK THAN WITH OTHER ADULTS AROUND :save:. I mean even in the original a smart cookie could piece it together, but for me it was actually a majorly cool moment naming the culprit, thinking it through and being like, "no...but...yeah...yeah, that actually makes sense, oh trout." Also, it's just like, so much extras. But people have played P4G first without complaint so I guess I worry for nothing :p

Yeah, me and Mr. Carny played Persona 4: Golden and loved it. It was my second Persona game (after P3P) but I can see myself loving it.

I mean, it isn't as if P3P didn't have obvious villains. Ikutski anyone? His nice guy act was so goofy and shallow. And Ryoji towards the end was obviously Death.

I don't play Persona 4 for the best villains. I play them for the heartwarming, comic declaration of companionship. I play Persona 3 for that as well, only with more angst and depression.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Final fantasy xiii feels way too restrictive most of the time. It takes several hours for battles to mean anything and for you to get abilities even if it does make sense. I also hate how long it takes to even be able to choose your party leader or party in general.

The writing is pretty cringe worthy most of the time, and the lore really isn't conveyed very well in this first game. I also sometimes really wish that I could explore more of the pretty world despite the linearity not bothering me too much. I blame the xenoblade games for this as it didn't bother me as much the first time around.

Overall my biggest complaint is that the game had a lot of good ideas and interesting concepts that just didn't reach its potential.

Fynn
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM

You must really love tunnels, Mister Adequate. So many tunnels, so little reason to give a smurf...

How ironic, coming from an FF XIII fan :p

Clo
05-05-2016, 05:19 PM
I've been replaying FFVIII. For the first time, even though I've played it like seven damn times, I feel like all the characters are inane and making the dumbest decisions---except for Squall. He seems like the only reasonable character by a long shot. I'm wondering why I ever thought he was moody. I'd be moody too if everyone around me wanted to talk about rings in the middle of a battle.

Anyway, the whole plot is silly.

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Castlevania: Rhondo of Blood has been pretty good to me so far, I think my only real issue with it at the moment is that the sub-weapons are not terribly great. They do pitiful damage compared to the whip, most bosses have means of blocking or dodging them, and while item crash is still great, this is a Classicvania title, so your score is affected detrimentally if you consume too many hearts.

Also, acquiring a key item to unlock the imprisoned cells is a neat idea until you realize that their cells and the key are in different sections of a stage and getting killed before you bring the key to the cell has the annoying consequence of you starting at a checkpoint past the key's location (the key is treated like a sub-weapon and sub-weapons are lost when killed) making it impossible to free the prisoner without going back to the title screen and restarting the stage all over.

It's also a bit weird that Marie, the first girl you rescue who becomes playable, is hands down better and more user friendly than Richter is. She's essentially easy mode to Richter's classic Castlevania mode. She basically has my two bread and butter moves for games like: Double Jump and a Slide, whereas Richter gets a situational backflip and nothing more, he doesn't even have the controllable whip from Castlevania IV.

Formalhaut
05-06-2016, 03:11 AM

How ironic, coming from an FF XIII fan :p

But they're pretty tunnels. Seriously, let me bring up a few screenshots of the Deep Roads in Origins:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/3/37/Area-Aeducan_Thaig.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091211231020
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tnishi1110-0001/imgs/6/7/67601162.jpg

And yes, I will keep bringing up how brown everything is. Imagine playing through this for a good few hours. The sections get better somewhat in II and Inquisition, but I always dreaded the Deep Roads section.

Which is a shame, because the Deep Roads are very cool and interesting in the story, but just come across as monotonous and bland in gameplay.

Depression Moon
05-06-2016, 03:50 AM
I just got through playing Epic Dumpster Bear for the other website I write for. The game was pretty bad starting out, but the last two worlds were good. I felt empty when I beat the final boss and I didn't expect the game to end. I'm supposed to be writing a review for it right now, but I just can't get any words into my head.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
05-06-2016, 06:54 AM
I have been playing Dark Souls. Finally getting further than the first few hours, but I still just don't like the controls, it will forever be clunky to me I think. World and atmosphere are incredible though.

Pumpkin
05-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Fortune Summoners: Controls are a bit hard to get down.

Okami: While beautiful, the graphics are a bit hard for me to take on for prolonged periods of time.

Dungeon Travelers 2: Borderline porn.

If My Heart Had Wings: Some translation issues and (not the game's fault) it keeps crashing on my computer :/.

Bravely Second: Just started so I don't know yet. I wish Agnes was playable again :(.

Fynn
05-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Don't worry, Agnes still has a big role to play in this game ;)

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2016, 09:38 AM
ME3 - Kind of wish the game had a better intro, while I get they wanted to start the game with a Hollywood style spectacle much like ME2, I feel like enough things have happened between ME2 and 3 to deserve a brief narration explaining what happened to Shep in that time frame.

The cover controls are also a bit wonky, I got killed a few times during the "dodge the turret while slowly moving from cover to cover" segment on Mars because Shep would either reach a cover point and forget to duck but still be stuck to the object or I would have the opposite issues where Shep just never recognized the wall to begin with and starting running circles around it trying to fin the right spot on the wall to cover which was 70% of the time on the wrong side of the wall...

Del Murder
05-21-2016, 11:24 PM
Finished Fire Emblem Fates Birthright. It is a great game, but Awakening was better. Birthright was a fine story, but rather standard. Clearly you are meant to play all three games to get the full picture. Awakening was a much more complete game in a single cartridge.

Pumpkin
05-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Updates and new games:

FE: Birthright - Rehashed characters instead of being more creative and the game feels much smaller. I get you're supposed to play all three storylines but this still cost the same as a full game and the other two, while you can get them cheaper via download, still aren't the cheapest things. It costs a lot to get the full experience compared to most other 3DS games.

Little Big Planet - A bit repetitive while also being short. Also need to multiplayer to get everything which is bum.

Saints Row -The Third- - A bit vulgar for my tastes and the world is a bit smaller than I would like.

Bravely Second - Still not the most engaging story for me and everything costs an arm and a leg. I'm seriously overleveled (which is a plus) just because I buy everything.

Vermachtnis
05-23-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm also going to mirror the complaints about Birthright. But I'm also bored with it. And it's not the genre or gameplay, cause I've played some Yggdra Union and Tactics Ogre and loved those. I just don't really care about the main plot. I'd rather dick around in the challenge maps and level up everyone's Social Links then do the actual plot.

In Digimon Cyber Sleuth you can't get any Royal Knights until after you beat them in a post game sidequest. No Gallantmon or Alphamon or Omnimon or the rest. Omnimon isn't that bad, getting a WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon where you need them would probably take you until post game unless you actively grind. But poor DoruGreymon, all his Megas were Royal Knights and I have dedigivolve him and go again.

Formalhaut
05-23-2016, 09:27 PM
In Digimon Cyber Sleuth you can't get any Royal Knights until after you beat them in a post game sidequest. No Gallantmon or Alphamon or Omnimon or the rest. Omnimon isn't that bad, getting a WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon where you need them would probably take you until post game unless you actively grind. But poor DoruGreymon, all his Megas were Royal Knights and I have dedigivolve him and go again.

:erm:.... :confused:

Wolf Kanno
05-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Oh Mass Effect 3, I approve of the new enemy types and the heavier emphasis on directing teammates and using skills, hell I even like that you made stages a bit more involving than "stand by this cover until you kill the first wave, then advance and repeat until you've finished the area" but I don't appreciate how enemies can sometimes just spawn behind me. I had a hell of time on a side mission because the game would just let the enemies spawn wherever in huge swaths of the map and any time I tried to use a bit of strategy, it fell apart because the enemies would just spawn behind my carefully laid trap and murder one of us before we realized we were screwed. I also still hate the whole ammo thing ME2 brought in. I know it's plentiful but I honestly preferred the overheat mechanic of the original.

WA2, fucking Brad Evans section, had to redo it two times to finish it. In the opening of the game, you have to play an introductory chapter for all three protagonists, these intros often serve as tutorials and give you a glimpse of the type of shenanigans the game is going to throw at you. Brad's chapter is actually the easiest of the three opening chapters due to being fairly straightforward and Brad being the heavy fighter of your team, even the boss is a joke. Why I had to redo this chapter so many times is because Brad's chapter teaches you about utilizing the games 360 degree camera for dungeons to find hidden treasures and clues for puzzles. Not a big deal normally but Brad's area has two treasure chests that are next to "points of no return" that are very easy to miss until it's too late if you're not paying attention and so yeah... considering it will be hours before I can return to this area, I'd rather just get all of the treasure on the first go, so I ended up replaying his chapter a few times because my completionist OCD combined with me being a bit too tired to be gaming at that hour kept making me screw up.

Pumpkin
05-25-2016, 10:41 PM
The camera and the character models in Xenoblade. No one does the wave with their body when they breathe

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2016, 06:25 AM
Dragon Quest II - smurf Rhone, my god, even with a sanctuary with free healing/reviving and a save point, this area can be a nightmare if the game is feeling angry enough. There are four enemies in this area: Giants with loads of HP and hit really hard and they are the easiest creatures to deal with, Blizz Frosts that love to lower your defense and use instant death magic, an Arc Demon who has the use of the games strongest offensive spell, can breath fire (his weakest attack) the same physical/HP stats as the giants and can attack twice in their turn with their physical attacks, and then there is the Gold Baboon who hits hard and loves to use fire magic on you... oh and they also have Sacrifice which is like FFs Exploder Blue Magic that sacrifices the user for damage, except in this game the spell is a guarantee one-hit-kill and the spell hits your whole party. Did I mention they are fast enough to often go first and Stopspell doesn't always work?

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - This has been a fairly stellar game until I waltzed into Alternate Stage 5, the game's hidden level and easily the hardest. Checkpoint starvation combined pitfall deaths and goddamn bats makes this the most frustrating level. RoD did a lot to cut back on cheap pitfall deaths the series is notorious for, and basically just made one level for it in this game. It's also one of the longest stages as well and I've yet to reach the boss. Hell, one section is nearly impossible without the Axe Sub-Weapon and you only get it at the start of the stage before the closest checkpoint to that specific part. I now understand why this level was removed and replaced in the remake my goodness.

Mass Effect 3: Why are the loading times so long?! I already installed most of the disc on my PS3 and this is still the fastest you can go? I thought installing was suppose to fix this issue? Also, smurf you EA for making it impossible for my two favorite characters to survive the trilogy together. I just learned that Mordin can't be saved if Wrex is alive. Screw you. Also, the cover mechanics of this game are really screwy, I know I whined about this last time but I've suffered half a dozen deaths because of it since then so I feel it's safe to repeat myself. Also the game is pretty buggy with characters not loading into areas properly or funny moments like Shepherd and Liara having a real deep conversation ruined because both of them were still targeted at looking at Glyph, her VI Hologram that randomly floats in her quarters so neither of them ever had eye contact as they both awkwardly followed Glyph offscreen. Also, what the hell is up with all the lens flares?

Fynn
05-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Soul Hackers - the game feels like it was made in the 90s. Aside from the added voice acting and 3D, it really hasn't changed much from the Saturn/PSX release. Which is a shame considering Persona 2, a game from the same time AND the same series, struck a perfect balance having a remake with a soundtrack that's performed on a better synthesizer, new voice acting and a much more user-friendly and visually appealing UI. Soul Hackers just seems lazy in comparison. For crying out loud, one of the background textures looks like it was taken from some Word Art, which is just ridiculous.

Spore - I only started but I can already see some tasks getting tedious and that the specific stages could have been so much more than they turned out to be. Also, my graphics card is too good for this game to handle properly, leading to some issues at times.

Peter1986
05-31-2016, 02:49 PM
I am playing "Wild Guns" for the SNES right now, and while I certainly think it's a great game I have always felt that the controls are a little bit restrictive.
The way that the crosshair moves along with the character feels very awkward - it doesn't move at the same pace as the character, it actually moves slightly faster.
Also, you cannot move while shooting, which can sometimes be a problem.
Why didn't they use the A, L and R buttons to fix this?
For example, you should always be able to run while shooting (with the crosshair keeping up at the same speed as you are running), and if you wanted to stand still and shoot, you could hold down the R button and have the "stand still while shooting" function thing active that way.

I think it's very unfortunate when games don't take full advantage of the buttons on the controller.
When you play an action game, you want to be able to pull off as many moves as possible, and "Wild Guns" falls just a little bit short in that aspect - yes, you can do lots of things, like quickly jump out of enemy fire, double jump, use bombs etc, it's just the whole crosshair thing that bothers me a bit, and the fact that several buttons are left unused, which is kind of a waste.

Nice
06-01-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm replaying Final Fantasy VI on my PS Vita (so it's the PS1 Port). I tried to play the iOS version but I hated the controls and I really, really, really hated the graphics.

I have not played a JRPG in a long time and I have to say, I have not missed random encounters. In a game as gorgeous as FFVI, it is freakishly annoying when you are always being bombarded by monsters. It took me a long time to come to terms with the encounters. The PS1 port has the slowest transition times in life between entering and exiting battles. Now I know I simply play and emulated version, speed up the time, blah blah blah. But I'm 25 hours into my game and I'm not switching to any other version to save Jesus.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2016, 08:31 PM
smurf Mass Effect 3, after spending a whole evening battling my way through wave after bulltrout wave of uber-powerful enemies, I'm this close to reaching the last area of the game and to see the damn ending I'm told I'll probably hate. The game has decided I need to be super cinematic about the whole ending nonsense and threw me into an unskippable part where I have to fend off enemies in aggravating slow motion with one of the weakest guns, my health reduced to OHKO, and my targeting ability is purposely jacked up to make it extremely difficult to aim as the aiming sight just randomly moves on its own. Wouldn't be a big smurfing deal if the game didn't have me go up against an enemy with loads of health and the requirement of needing at least four perfect headshots to beat quickly before he just guns me down. I died at least a dozen times at this point and finally just shut the game down out of frustration. I don't even care how it ends anymore. I lost interest in the Reapers and taking back the galaxy sometime after I finished the Quarian/Geth conflict and this little "cinematic" exercise is just killing my patience with this game even further. God this game was longer than was necessary.

Ayen
06-11-2016, 08:37 PM
smurf Mass Effect 3, after spending a whole evening battling my way through wave after bulltrout wave of uber-powerful enemies, I'm this close to reaching the last area of the game and to see the damn ending I'm told I'll probably hate. The game has decided I need to be super cinematic about the whole ending nonsense and threw me into an unskippable part where I have to fend off enemies in aggravating slow motion with one of the weakest guns, my health reduced to OHKO, and my targeting ability is purposely jacked up to make it extremely difficult to aim as the aiming sight just randomly moves on its own. Wouldn't be a big smurfing deal if the game didn't have me go up against an enemy with loads of health and the requirement of needing at least four perfect headshots to beat quickly before he just guns me down. I died at least a dozen times at this point and finally just shut the game down out of frustration. I don't even care how it ends anymore. I lost interest in the Reapers and taking back the galaxy sometime after I finished the Quarian/Geth conflict and this little "cinematic" exercise is just killing my patience with this game even further. God this game was longer than was necessary.

That sounds incredibly troutty and it kind of makes me glad I never bothered with finishing the game.

I found an online game the other day called 'Win the White House' where you run as President. Only real criticism is it's not very replayable and I'm disappointed there's no debate segment in the game. I like the way they did the primary debates with the issues presenting and answering questions regarding them. Would've like to see a primary debate similar to that or going back and forth with who you're running against.

Pumpkin
06-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Xenoblade - The quests mess me up sometimes. Like when I go out of my way to get the better item and it automatically takes the worst one? I'm not just going to throw out a bunch of my stuff to prevent that, I mean come on. Also showing characters on the map when you pull it up would be awesome

Earthbound - This game kicks kicking my butt

Atelier Sophie - No characters that have really grabbed me and made me fall in love with them

Saints Row: The Third - I wish there was more to explore. Now that I've done that activities I like and got all of the collectables... there's not much to do anymore besides the main storyline

Undertale - Also keeps kicking my butt

KentaRawr!
06-14-2016, 06:36 AM
I've been playing Chrono Trigger, and in when Ayla joins your party to retrieve the gate key, you can still have other people in your party who are presumably at the End of Time. This shouldn't be possible since the gate key had been stolen.

Fynn
06-14-2016, 06:45 AM
Anti-frustration feature? :p

Devil Survivor - ugh... The characters are NOT doing it for me. Atsuro is pretty cool, mostly thanks to Spike Spencer voicing him, but other characters are just incredibly annoying, Yuzu especially. I mean, I know a city-wide blackout will cause a lot of distress and it's realistic for someone to freak out, but it might have been easier to relate to her had she received a less terrible voice. The characters comment on every tutorial too, which is annoying as you basically receive every bit of instruction twice, so I kind of feel like the game is patronizing me. Lastly, the character designs are downright atrocious, which is weird, because I liked the guy's designs in what I saw of the Durarara anime, but here it's nothing short of dreadful. I hate the main characters weird cat headphones, Atsuro's stupid big hat, Haru's falling off dress, Gin's dumb goatee, and of course, the cherry on top, all the anti-gravity protruding come boobs. I don't think the artist has ever seen an actual woman. Plus, everyone is cross-eyed for some reason? And it would've been easier to take the Shomonkai more seriously were their clothes not a neon orange. They look like city cleaners, not a cult.

Ayen
06-14-2016, 06:46 AM
I'm playing the game of Life. They've must taken serious cues from From Software because this game is pretty much setup to make you fail if you play as a good-hearted and fair person. Go about as a yellow-belly snake who screws people over left and right and smurf up their lives you'll be rewarded immensely, so it's basically teaching you that being a dick is the only way to succeed in anything.

This is also probably the most prejudiced game I've played in years. Play as a cis white male and you're okay for the most part. It's just keeping a house, a car, taking care of family, and trying to make an honest living that'll screw you over nine times out of ten. Play as anyone else and you get trout from so many NPCs you want to go on a killing spree through the street, but the aiming mechanics are trout. And you won't get far before the police gun you down. Especially if you're black. They may very well just drive up to you and shoot you for no reason if you're black. What even the smurf?

The graphics are amazing, though. The best I've seen in any game. And the unpredictable nature of it all makes it worth playing, but damn. These game designers really doesn't give a smurf who they offend. I'd rather play Dark Souls than this crap.

Fynn
06-14-2016, 06:54 AM
That's because you're playing the US-base game. Try the Continental Europe DLC. I mean, it's still not perfect, but the overall dynamics of the world are completely different.

Formalhaut
06-14-2016, 10:50 AM

Oh yeah that bit. I had to drop the difficulty down to casual.

Pete for President
06-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Got back into Darkest Dungeon. I will finish this game at some point. It's still a stupidly long grind.

Karifean
06-19-2016, 07:31 PM
The Fury turned out to be one of the most frustrating bosses I've fought in recent memory. Not a fan.

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2016, 07:42 PM

Oh yeah that bit. I had to drop the difficulty down to casual.

Thanks for the tip, I did that and finally finished the game.

The Fury turned out to be one of the most frustrating bosses I've fought in recent memory. Not a fan.

That's a shame, he's one of my favorite fights in MGS3 behind The End and the Boss.

On Topic:

I'm starting to feel that Majora's Mask is basically "Fetch Quest: The Game" there is just so much bullshit you have to do to get anywhere in this game. Thank goodness they have some time saving elements but my god, you have to jump through some serious hoops to reach those checkpoints.

For Zelda 2: The Island Temple can kiss my ass.

Children of Mana - I'm finally in the home stretch for this game, and I'm just so disappointed in this game. It could have been something really cool with its interesting cast of characters lore, but the game's generic dungeon crawler design and how bad it underutilized the cast just made going through this game such a chore. No wonder SE has little interest in this franchise.

Fynn
06-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Devil Survivor - the Law and Chaos heroes go crazy way too abruptly.

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2016, 07:47 PM

You forgot to mention that they're both assholes with little in terms of redeeming qualities. ;)

Fynn
06-19-2016, 07:56 PM

You forgot to mention that they're both assholes with little in terms of redeeming qualities. ;)

I mean, I kinda get where Keisuke is coming from and got to know him a bit on the third day, so it's not like it wasn't foreshadowed or that he doesn't have a human side. But yeah, he goes off the deep end waaaay too fast and I kinda don't like him anymore :mad2:

Pumpkin
06-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Virtue's Last Reward - Some of the puzzles are pretty annoying and the touch controls are not as responsive and smooth as I would like.

Atelier Sophie - Really on the shorter side

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Majora's Mask - I really really HATE the Great Bay temple clockwork dungeon. Seriously Nintendo, how did it take you until Breath of the Wild to decide Link needs a jump button and actual climb function? I hate Link's auto-jump, I hate the game's insistent need to have a character platform when you're going to make the functions automatic (especially when the computer decided when he should actually climb shit) and the movement control is cruddy cause we're still in the era of early 3D. Anyway, I got to some room with a huge gear turning and I'm pretty sure I either need to figure out how to stop the device to make a bridge out of it, or Nintendo is seriously asking me to make Link do some feats of agility we both know this game is not designed for. Regardless, I ran out of time even with the slow down time spell, and now I'm going to have to redo this chore of dungeon from almost scratch. Yeah fuck water theme dungeons in Zelda...

Fynn
06-21-2016, 12:37 PM
Also, I can't stress this enough

Cone boobs

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/6/64/DeSu-Yuzu.png/revision/latest?cb=20141129053335

Fynn
07-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Fucking Devil Survivor

Why do you make me grind so much for the final battle? I get that it needs to be harder than the rest of the game, but this sudden leap from the fight with Beelzebub is just terrible, especially since the free battle exp yield is so insignificant

crashNUMBERS
07-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Dark Souls - embodiment of a really good game. Not much hand holding, figure life out for yourself, darwinism. Havent been disappointed once yet, 53 hours in

Final Fantasy X - fun for a bit. I like the diff battle system. Story is decent. Gameplay is a bit too linear and Im not liking that aspect too much

Pumpkin
07-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Tales of Xillia 2 - Not as engaging storywise as the first one. Too much need to use Ludger

Monster Loves You - Not too much substance unfortunately

Ar Tonelico Qoga - Kind of pervy, feels like you're running in syrup, writing not fleshed out and polished enough

Ayen
07-05-2016, 03:45 AM
Final Fantasy XIV: The game is so overly complicated that it's not even worth signing up for.

Del Murder
07-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Metal Gear Solid V is the hardest Metal Gear I've played. I'm supposed to carry a kid and lead other kids past a bunch of guards with a helicopter overhead and a time limit until more guards start coming after me? That was a tough one.

Also, what an ambitious open world game. I can't believe there's so many side ops. I just stopped doing them altogether because I'd be playing this forever! Once I did that though it became really really fun (difficulty aside).

Finally, I'm not sure why there's so many weapon options to develop when all you need is the tranq gun and maybe a shotgun to blast yourself out of a situation when you get discovered. Oh and the rocket launcher and/or sniper rifle when the mission requires it.

Del Murder
07-05-2016, 09:19 PM
It's too bad Tiz is the other returning character for Bravely Second, because he's bland and I liked Ringabel much better.

Vermachtnis
07-06-2016, 11:22 PM
You know what's a staple of good video game design that's been around forever? Getting attacked and killed by something off screen. I sure love that. And I thought they perfected it way back in the first Resident Evil. But Xenoblade X went reinvented it. Because not only can you get attacked by stuff off screen, but you can get attacked by stuff off screen that's a way higher level then you while you're already fighting something. Bonus points if the music changes because the off screen threat is a tyrant class monster.

fat_moogle
07-07-2016, 12:23 AM
I'm not far in to Persona 4 Golden and I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to play it. I spend too much time in the velvet room looking at which Personas to make and worrying if I've made the right choice. Then I'm all like fuck me is that the time, I've had enough now. Also I hate cheap enemies that explode and wipe your party.

Formalhaut
07-07-2016, 12:42 AM
Are you talking about dice enemies, pudgy? Combat in Persona games is pretty straightforward if you know elemental weaknesses. After that, it is just a matter of targeting weaknesses and launching all-out attacks. The tough enemies are the 'mudo/hama' spammers because this is one of those games where the game ends if the player character falls unconscious, very hard-hitting enemies for the same reason, or enemies with no weakness.

Fynn
07-07-2016, 06:04 AM
I'm not far in to Persona 4 Golden and I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to play it. I spend too much time in the velvet room looking at which Personas to make and worrying if I've made the right choice. Then I'm all like smurf me is that the time, I've had enough now. Also I hate cheap enemies that explode and wipe your party.

Here's a bit of advice that is valid in any SMT game - demons (or personas) are like condoms. You fuse them for a specific use once and then fuse them with something else to get a stronger demon, because they usually take way too long to level. Don't stress too much whether it's the right choice. Just get a stronger persona and roll with it. You get the compendium just in case you mistakenly dispose of a good persona

fat_moogle
07-07-2016, 05:50 PM
@Formy: Yup, the damn dastardly dice �� ...ah, sweet alliteration. I have come across a few of the mudo using enemies but I've been lucky not to have been struck down by them just yet. I don't have any persona weak to that element, and I've read that it's probably best not to make a persona with that weakness until you've got the null status for it.

@Fynn: I will take that in to account when I next switch the game on! Might give it a go tonight. I was the same playing P3P as well. The amount of times I reloaded the game because I was unsure of my decision was ridiculous. #justrollwithit

Lyndis Highwind
07-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Pokemon Leaf Green - the really slow battle system drives me nuts sometimes. So do the trainers that insist on making you fight their awful Koffings and Rattatas.

Del Murder
07-08-2016, 04:43 AM
I just beat MGSV and I literally said to the TV, 'That's it?'

Pheesh
07-08-2016, 04:46 AM
I'm not far in to Persona 4 Golden and I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to play it. I spend too much time in the velvet room looking at which Personas to make and worrying if I've made the right choice. Then I'm all like smurf me is that the time, I've had enough now. Also I hate cheap enemies that explode and wipe your party.

Here's a bit of advice that is valid in any SMT game - demons (or personas) are like condoms. You fuse them for a specific use once and then fuse them with something else to get a stronger demon, because they usually take way too long to level. Don't stress too much whether it's the right choice. Just get a stronger persona and roll with it. You get the compendium just in case you mistakenly dispose of a good persona

I'm deeply disturbed by what it would appear you're doing with your used condoms...

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2016, 05:46 AM
I forgot how painfully slow it is to level up Pokemon. Replaying an old save of Pokemon Blue and yeah... I'm at the Rock Cavern area, which is notorious for high encounter rates and lots of trainers with overpowered Pokemon at this point.

Bubba
07-14-2016, 08:22 AM
I forgot how painfully slow it is to level up Pokemon. Replaying an old save of Pokemon Blue and yeah... I'm at the Rock Cavern area, which is notorious for high encounter rates and lots of trainers with overpowered Pokemon at this point.

I find playing the original blue and red versions painful at times. The item and menu accessibility is so poor. If I ever go back to the originals I have to play Pokemon Yellow as it is slightly improved in every department.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2016, 08:24 AM

I find playing the original blue and red versions painful at times. The item and menu accessibility is so poor. If I ever go back to the originals I have to play Pokemon Yellow as it is slightly improved in every department.

Red, Blue, and Silver are the only Pokemon games I own sadly.

Fynn
07-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Well, you'll be happy to know exp gain has changed incredibly in recent games. To the point that even if you don't stop to grind at all, your party will still be overpowered.

Here's hoping Sun and Moon comes with difficulty options.

Pumpkin
07-25-2016, 03:45 AM
A Link to the Past: All of the back and forth I need to do

NeoCracker
07-25-2016, 10:27 AM
7th Dragon III Code: VDF introduces and rushes through some plot points so fast you stop giving a smurf.

Pumpkin
08-11-2016, 05:35 AM
Heavy Rain's voice acting is gosh awful and the female character is basically there for fanservice.

Dragon Quest Heroes needs a way to move faster through the levels. Unless that comes later.

Golden Sun can have some less than intuitive controls. I just started though.

Dragon Age II is a bit less engaging than the last one so far.

A Link Between Worlds is HARD

Zanmato
08-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Pixel Dungeon: I can't stand the hunger/starving thing because I see it as an unnecessary way to make the game harder. Breakable weapons and armors are a pain in the butt as well.

Vermachtnis
08-13-2016, 04:00 AM
I am Setsuna is the name of the game. Setsuna is on all the promotional stuff. But who is the player character? Masky Mcmaskface. At least I can take him out.

Pumpkin
08-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Muramasa Rebirth - Having some trouble with the story

Vermachtnis
08-20-2016, 06:47 AM
Aeterna in I am Setsuna. During story segments she shown off as this all powerful mage. Literally the first thing we see here do is restrain Endir using powerful magics. And later on she does some kind of Timey Spirit Bomb thing. However, statwise her magic and MP are both in the midground of the party. Not the best, but not the worst. In combat she plays like a rogue with some time magic thrown in. She uses knives and her basic attack has her hitting two time (four times with momentum). And she's the fastest party member usually getting her second turn when everyone else is getting their first. And her skill set is very roguelike includes manipulating time and space to get more hits in or to get her turn faster or ignoring defense or raising her evasion. And as far as magic goes she has Demi, Slow, Stop, Haste, and Protect. She also get Frog Squash for some reason.

Aeterna is my favorite character in the game and the Rogue/Time Mage works surprisingly well. Just the stuff she does during the plot and what she does during actual combat doesn't mesh to well to me. And I get why she has all these weird time plot magic stuff, still think it could have blended better.

HUGE SPOILER WARNING, like RIGHT BEFORE THE FINAL BOSS PLOT POINT
So we find out she's a clone of the person sealing away the final boss and that's why she can do all that stuff. But then you fight her she original fights with a spear and can teleport and call down meteors. Sure it makes since that the original has access to different skills, but they are completely different.

And this is just nitpicking and makes sense from a gameplay design stance, but if Aeterna has gone through this journey many times before why was she only level 2?

Zanmato
08-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Final Fantasy XII - Acquiring spells and other such abilities by paying for them is a bit no-no to me, especially since earning gils (by selling the loot, of course) is a bit harder than in FFX.
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - Fighting with the bats/birds during acrobatic sections is unfair (in my opinion, of course), especially since the fighting system has some flaws.

Vermachtnis
08-30-2016, 06:35 AM
In Fallout 4 Cait doesn't like it when you're a nice person. Can't really criticize it for that because that's how it's suppose to be. However, there's this weird cycle when doing some random quests.

Guy: Help please!
Me: Gib money.
Guy: Okay.
[Cait liked that]
Me: I'll help.
[Cait disliked that]

Fynn
09-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Icewind Dale II has the longest prologue ever.

Wolf Kanno
09-16-2016, 07:48 PM
Digital Devil Saga - The Mantra system is basically a retooled Materia system with all its flaws included. Basically the game gives you five party members to play with but by the time the last two join, you've probably taught the initial three most of the elemental spells and abilities. While the game mechanics do offer some better variety than VII's (characters have noticeable stat differences, all characters have one inherent weakness, Learned abilities can't be shared, and the game likes to change your party set-up all the time) I just find I'm seriously overlooking certain characters and just sticking to the initial three in most cases.

Also, Wendee Lee, I love your body of work as a VA, but I think we can both agree that trying to sing in Sera's voice wasn't going to work.

Shin Megami Tensei - Barring the game being difficult enough where game overs are pretty common, my main beef right now is the difficulty of upgrading weapons for my human characters. Guns are plentiful if incredibly expensive, with ammo being highway robbery, but melee weapons are the worse. My Heroine hasn't had a new melee weapon since the ICBM's fell (like 1/5th of the way into the game) which is only fine because she's better with guns and can use magic. The MC on the other hand, can't use magic and while guns have their advantages, you would be surprised how many demons are resistant/immune to them. So getting him a decent sword has taken forever. The real issue is that pretty much right after the apocalypse, shops that sell melee weapons just stop appearing so you're left with either hoping an enemy drops a weapon for you or gives you one in negotiations since there are maybe three melee weapons in actual chests in the post-Apocalypse section of the game.

My other beef is Ikeburo, where a scenario plays out that seriously shifts your alignment either towards Law or Chaos faction. There is no Neutral option so you're basically forced to be stuck with one of the alignments for awhile before you reach a place that lets you change your alignment easily. Neutral alignment really is the hardest to play...

Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light - Setting things right that once went wrong is a bit more tedious than I thought. It's also becoming more obvious the game is heavily inspired by the old NES era as the actual story scenes are becoming fewer and farther between Course my real beef at the moment is noticing the massive grind I have up ahead for me. I'm still missing a few crowns and very few of them have been fully unlocked, but it's obvious I'm also nearing the game's actual end and yet the difficulty spikes keep coming with the bosses. I now understand why most people go after the boss protecting the Lux spell first.

Peter1986
09-16-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm playing F-Zero for the SNES on Expert right now, and that game is a friggin' bumper car race ffs.
I don't have any problems with Death Wind II anymore, and Mute City III and Sand Canyon II are easy, but Port Town II is problematic and Fire Field is almost impossible.
And it's all because of those other goddamn cars - they are always in the way everywhere, and they always bump me into the rails so that my car starts bouncing forever all over the place.
The physics in that game are really quite ridiculous, by the way.
Yeah I know that the vehicles are hover cars and that this completely eliminates all friction with the ground etc, but do they really have to bounce around so damn much?
Sometimes it almost looks like the bounces even accelerate the cars or something, that's bulltrout.

Oh yeah, I am using Fire Stingray by the way, maybe that guy has more inertia so that he is harder to stop for that reason, I don't know.

Karifean
09-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism. Somehow there hasn't been a soundtrack that wowed me yet. Which is very unusual for this series.

I know this is the most spoiled complaint ever, but still. Gimme some godlike soundtracks, ZUN!

Vermachtnis
09-16-2016, 10:50 PM
Fairy Fencer F's Hard mode isn't hard at all. I put it on Hard because there's a trophy for beating the entire game on it and I figured if I waited til New Game+ it'd defeat the purpose. When choosing the difficulty it said the stats have been raised and new strategies would be involved. I haven't played the original, but so far the only strategy I've had to use is wait for Fang to transform and them glass 'em. The only time I've felt in danger is when I pull out a sword that was meant for later. But even then I I still won. Like this last fight, I was fighting three Lv25 Dragons and my team was Lv15. It should have been a wash, but nope. Blew through a lot of items, but I still won.

And Tiara, I hate her so much. Seriously her only redeeming quality is her hat. Also her booties are super cute according to Pumpkin.

Formalhaut
09-16-2016, 11:28 PM
My other beef is Ikeburo, where a scenario plays out that seriously shifts your alignment either towards Law or Chaos faction. There is no Neutral option so you're basically forced to be stuck with one of the alignments for awhile before you reach a place that lets you change your alignment easily. Neutral alignment really is the hardest to play...

Ugh, this, so much. I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei IV and maintaining a neutral alignment is a study in micromanagement. Basically, almost every dialogue choice detracts or adds to your score, and the range for neutral is only -8 to +8. There is not a large margin for error given that +10s and -10s crop up a fair amount sometimes.

Vermachtnis
09-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Ugh, this, so much. I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei IV and maintaining a neutral alignment is a study in micromanagement. Basically, almost every dialogue choice detracts or adds to your score, and the range for neutral is only -8 to +8. There is not a large margin for error given that +10s and -10s crop up a fair amount sometimes.

I got the Neutral route on that game playing blindly.

Pumpkin
09-16-2016, 11:58 PM
Her booties are the cutest things ever, but they changed her outfit in Advent Dark Force and I am not looking forward to that

Also my games:
Trails of Cold Steel II: Rean is even more of a Gary Sue than before
The Fruit of Grisaia: WHY DO ALL OF THE MALE LEADS NEED TO BE GARY SUE'S?!?!
Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: It's too scary for me :ohdear:
Pokemon X: Getting outfits is taking much too long

Wolf Kanno
09-17-2016, 12:53 AM

Funny enough, it's not as hard as you think. The easiest way to stay Neutral in IV is to ignore the Hunter Tournament missions and the few that change alignment and then simply always choose the first option in most dialogue options that doesn't have a neutral option. That or just make sure to check with the guy in the bar who tells you your alignment. It honestly sounds more difficult on paper than in practice.

NeoCracker
09-18-2016, 11:15 AM

Funny enough, it's not as hard as you think. The easiest way to stay Neutral in IV is to ignore the Hunter Tournament missions and the few that change alignment and then simply always choose the first option in most dialogue options that doesn't have a neutral option. That or just make sure to check with the guy in the bar who tells you your alignment. It honestly sounds more difficult on paper than in practice.

I scored Neutral on IV my first go, I just kind of answered how I thought was the best way to go about everything. :p

Zanmato
09-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Space Trader (Android; Brucelet.com)

Paying 3000 credits for giving a "+1" to one of my skills at random is like a slap in the face! I know that the improvement is very important, but upgrading could be done more user-friendly, in my opinion.

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Oh Shin Megami Tensei, how you're logic works is amazing. So Paralyze is basically a death sentence as it's the only status ailment besides Stone and Poison that can't go away unless an item is used. Only human characters can use items, even out of battle only they can do it. Yet the game also treats status effects as real world stuff, so having my MC paralyzed means NPCs you talk to will recognize your in trouble but do nothing to fix it and thus move the story along.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the Succubus demon? They have wickedly high speed and love to cast Dormina, a spell that hits my whole party and has about a 70% chance of inflicting sleep, they almost always go first in battle. To make matters worse, their basic physical attack inflicts Paralysis with a 30% chance. A whole sleeping party with more than one on the field gives them plenty of time to inflict Paralyze on your whole party, at which point your options are to sit there and watch them murder you slowly since they do crap for damage and then load, or simply just jump to the chase and boot up the last save.

Oh did I mention there is no equipment or special monsters with resistance to help with any of this?

Fynn
09-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Dragon Quest VII is damn near perfect, so I'm happy this one scenario happened today that I can complain about and not seem like a total fanboy :p To put it simply (and spoiler-free), a lot of hype was built up around this one vignette on the Internet that ultimately completely failed to live up to my expectations. It involved a lot of stupid assumptions and decisions made by in-game characters and lots of unnecessary padding to what otherwise could have been a pretty sad story.

Vermachtnis
09-24-2016, 11:13 PM
Dragon Ball Xenoverse, forgot what a pain in the ass that mission was during the Namek Saga where you have to protect Krillin and Gohan while defeating 20 minions and in the cramped Freeza ship. And I can't do any online stuff without plus.

Formalhaut
09-24-2016, 11:55 PM
I swear Kingdom Hearts II is harder than I remember. Devastators are the worst. So they have two forms. The first form is a tank which fires energy spheres at you at various tempos, which can be rather hard to avoid. Then it can transform into a floating tank which relentlessly pursues you. But the worst thing is when it transforms. It tries to get close to you and then spams a lightning fritz which if it gets you, is impossible to get out of and hurts like hell.

And this is on top of any other heartless you're trying to focus in on. Infuriating!

Berserkers, the nobody enemy, are also frustrating because you can't really hurt them until you block their (hard-hitting) attacks.

Fox
09-25-2016, 02:26 AM
Mass Effect 3's fetch quests are the worst.

RANDOM PERSON ON SPACE-PHONE: "If only we had the [Relic Of Place], we could [Do Vaguely Helpful Thing]"
*Alliance Commander Shepard, Spectre, Hero of the Citadel and the galaxy's best hope of survival, overhears*
*Flies the Normandy - the most advanced ship in the Alliance navy - tens of thousands of light years to enemy occupied space*
*Plays even-more-tedious-than-Mass-Effect-2's scanning minigame*
*Finds Relic of Place*
*Flies tens of thousands of light years back to the Citadel*
SHEPARD: "Here you go."
RANDOM PERSON ON SPACE-PHONE: "Thanks!"

Mass Effect 3 also has some really crappy arena based side missions which only exist to say: "Hey, look at our multiplayer maps! Wouldn't you love to play these in multiplayer?"

Finally, the game is 4 years old now. The multiplayer community is not exactly giant and I don't really want to play the multiplayer anymore. But not doing so adversely affects my single player campaign. So that's fun.

Wolf Kanno
09-25-2016, 04:45 AM
Finally, the game is 4 years old now. The multiplayer community is not exactly giant and I don't really want to play the multiplayer anymore. But not doing so adversely affects my single player campaign. So that's fun.

To be fair, you can still get to the finale and regular endings without touching multiplayer. I never played any of them and still reached the end with no problem.

Fox
09-25-2016, 01:23 PM

To be fair, you can still get to the finale and regular endings without touching multiplayer. I never played any of them and still reached the end with no problem.

I know you can, it's just that you have to a lot more busywork without the multiplayer. Whatever military strength I get is going to be divided in half when I get to the end game, so I have to worry more about dumb fetch quests and multiplayer map preview mission than I would like in order to make up the difference.

Wolf Kanno
09-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Digital Devil Saga - Okay, scratch what I said about the sewer level not being so bad. That was before I discovered there were three more of them and you have to traverse them to reach the bosses. Even worse is the one to reach Orochi, random encounters are either with a Nidhogger who has tons of HP and a move to give himself more turns. The worse part is that these levels introduce reinforcement encounters which are not new, they happen all the time and most of the time its against an enemy who is huge and can take some punishment but the ones in these areas could be mini-bosses in their own right. The ones in Beelzebub's section are Arabahaki, who aborb all elements except ice, their one weakness, and reflect physical unless frozen but they use a powerful melee attack that has a high chance of causing stone which can be a quick death for your party. The ones in Orochi's are surprisingly worse. You run into Samael who can cast physical and magical reflect, Vanity (DDS's version of Bad Breath) a spell that hits my whole party and has a 50% chance of turning them back into their weaker human forms, and brutal group hitting physical attacks that can inflict Mute on your whole team. They are also resistant to physical, most elements and their only weakness is to certain status magic so it's hard to pull off extra turns against them. Did I mention that they make you fight two of them at a time? Also they can show up during any battle in these areas and while it's possible to retreat, you don't get any rewards if you do so, so killing the first wave only to run when these guys shows up nets you nothing but lost resources. Heaven help you if you can't retreat against them.

The dungeon also has a water maze where you have to swim to the exit by taking one way paths that have a high possibility of circling around. The real challenge is that the water pressure fluctuates as the Solar Noise/Moos Phase goes and it changes every time you take a path. What this all means is that you have a limited amount of turns to find the exit before the water pressure skyrockets and launches you all the way back to the start of the maze. The first three I've dealt with were not so bad but the one on Orochi's path is designed to be a nightmarish complex compared to the others and more annoyingly, you still get into fights in these sections which is a bit annoying because several other puzzle locations usually made it so this wouldn't happen. So yeah, after spending an hour trying to work my way through this maze, I got jumped by the Sameal's who were able to revert two characters back to human, protect themselves from the magic my one active member could use, pelted us with melee that killed two characters and then charmed the last one so I could do nothing but watch as he sat there like an idiot getting wailed on while I tried to remember the last time I saved. Oh MegaTen.

The 4 Heroes of Light - Ever played a game that felt really long but really wasn't? I'm very close to finishing up the last mission before going after the head honcho himself but damn if its hard to play this game for more than a few hours before seriously wanting to take a break. The first half flew by and now the clean up duty section is kind of killing the game's momentum, which it really shouldn't be doing cause this is kind of the part where my heroes actually start solving problems instead of just making things worse. What really bugs me is that the last four job classes are locked behind four optional bosses that apparently all reside in their own one hundred floor dungeons, and it's obvious that the new classes are really more bragging rights than actually useful. Even more annoying is the fact said bosses require you to be in the high 90s to stand a chance level wise but the main game has been such a cakewalk that I still haven't reached level 40 with any of my characters, and the final dungeon is literally the next dungeon. So it's got Crisis Core's problem of a a really unbalanced main game to post game difficulty curve.

Shin Megami Tensei - Curse you low drop rates! All I need is a damn Opal and I can finally purchase a Sylph demon from Rag's Jewelers which I can then use to start the Sword Fusion sidequest to get the best sword in the game. The problem is that drop rates are kind of low in this game and I have not been really putting much into my Luck stat to help. Thankfully there is an early section that contains three of the four enemies who normally drop them all neatly together. The only issue I have is that killing so many of them to get this drop may also change my alignment and screw me out of the Neutral route.

Galuf
09-28-2016, 12:31 PM
The grind in Rise of Iron is lengthy. This may have been the same in earlier expansions for destiny but this is the first time ive been there at the start. Also do think its a bit overpriced (but then the first expansion was Ł20 for 3 missions a strike and a raid. So glad I wasnt around for that rubbish)

Bubba
09-29-2016, 09:07 PM

NeoCracker
10-12-2016, 09:24 PM
SMT IV Apocolypse is fantastic, but dear god the 'Trap' thing is stupid. In some areas you will randomly get surrounded by a black mist, and you have to tap X to escape. You're not at risk of getting attacked, and it's so simple there is really no reason for it to be there. It just happens, goes away, and then you continue on. It's annoying.

Wolf Kanno
10-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Silent Hill 3, man I hate Tank controls and the pre-rendered areas are just making it feel even more awkward. Seriously, I know Silent Hill isn't known for it's great gameplay but I feel like ditching the tank controls for something more standard would make the game more user-friendly. It's not terribly fun getting cheap shots by faster and more agile enemies that attack off screen and I can barely dodge cause my character walks like she's wearing cement shoes. :roll2

Final Fantasy VII, have I ever told you how much bullshit I feel the All Materia is? I mean it's just a waste of a slot to do something you could do for free in earlier games. In fact, while magic is not bad in this game from a damage/cost standpoint, the game just gives you so many better options to make you ditch them and goes out of their way to make magic just seem inferior. I mean All materia so you can multi-target, status magic that is broken up into two-thirds of Green Materia you'll obtain, Summon/Enemy Skills that do better damage/can't be reflected/hits all enemies/cost effect compared to -ra and -aga tier spells that can all be obtained long before you'll grind the AP to even reach the third tier spells. I mean it's like Square set it up to fail. Don't even get me started on how useless and situational at best the Elemental and Added Effect Materia are.

Theatryhthm:Curtain Call - Man, why are some of my favorite tracks from VI and VII relegated to DLC? Hell it seems to me like the entries with the best song selections have the least representation in the game that requires things to be unlocked or paid for. I also remember that the original game was somewhat short to reach the "ending" as much as this game can have one, but it feels to me like it takes less time in this game. I have barely unlocked half the character and barely played half the track list before getting my showdown with Chaos and the ending credits.

Depression Moon
10-12-2016, 11:00 PM
It might be me, but the controls feel so weird, I hate chasing the gangs to tag them, and the police can be annoying.

Karifean
10-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Touhou 13: Ten Desires

Mamizou's projectile hitboxes can go fuck themselves.

Pike
10-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Dragon Age Awakening - I can't believe this game isn't., like, three times as long. wtf. it has such a good crew and I want more of them. Same goes for Witch Hunt.

Slothy
10-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Maybe I'm remembering wrong Wolf, but I think you can turn the tank controls off maybe?

Fynn
10-13-2016, 01:38 PM
I don't think you can do that in 3. But I'm pretty sure 4 abandons the tank controls.

FFNut
10-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Replaying Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. If I could give a crit on this game is it is to easy to grab power in the world. The guild quests feel blah, and NPCs die from just about anything. However I did finish Dawngaurd without a single vampire attack on a city which is a feat of its own. Maybe I'll start the main quest and unleash dragons on the towns instead of Vampires.

Slothy
10-13-2016, 03:37 PM
I don't think you can do that in 3. But I'm pretty sure 4 abandons the tank controls.

Some googling tells me you can change the controls, but honestly, normal 3d movement doesn't work with a fixed camera.

Wolf Kanno
10-13-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I learned after the fact you could change them, but as Vivi22 points out, the fixed camera angles still create problems.

Which reminds me of this...
OLRNbNBNtgg?t=1m30s

Karifean
10-17-2016, 10:39 PM
Touhou 15: Legend of Lunatic Kingdom. I don't know how or why but somehow even though there's a final boss and an Extra boss, at this point I feel confident in calling Clownpiece, the Stage 5 boss, bar none the hardest boss in the game. On NORMAL difficulty no less. The balancing is just weird.

I'm going to hear this theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO1dVPu7860) in my nightmares for the next couple weeks.

Mercen-X
10-18-2016, 07:25 AM
Ni No Kuni. The battle system is a disgrace. Enemy attacks have the ability to cancel your moves, but MP and items are still consumed while their effects have been negated. This means you can almost never heal your characters if the creature you're fighting uses a lot of special skills. Also the fact that character keeps hitting the enemy for a set amount of time (or trying) is not useful.

Night Fury
10-18-2016, 07:56 AM
FFXIV always does maintenance during the afternoon here. So now I'm like what do I do? as I'm at the height of an addiction period with this game.

Pheesh
10-18-2016, 04:09 PM
WoW: Legion. There is just too much to do.

Vermachtnis
10-21-2016, 06:49 AM
The way enemies attack in Dragon Quest VII is purely random. As far as I know they've all been like that. You can have a fight go from ignoring one character for a few turns to Oomphing and Punching the ever loving shit out of her the next. No seriously, this boss in Grondel did just that. Ignored Maribel for the entire fight. Then Oomph'D and used Fists of Rage and landed all four hits on her in one turn. Then the hero gets his turn and kills the boss.

Also the Alltrades Arc went on for a bit too long. And during the present day I got lost. The start of the Alltrades Arc has two unwinnable boss fights, so I was conditioned to that thought. Fast forward to the present day, I hear two rumors. One about a sealed up hero and another about Bandits. I figured I go fight the bandits. The fight starts with my entire team being put to Sleep, Confused, and Blinded. I figured this was another unwinnable fight. I lose and there's a special scene playing afterwards. So I went to see about the hero. This girl asked me to find a special stone from a place I hadn't been to yet. I figured that was it so I went back to the Shrine and couldn't go anywhere. Spent awhile running around trying to figure out where to go. I gave up and looked it up. Turns out those bandits weren't unbeatable, I just had a very bad first turn. Which brings me back to the first part of my post. Second round, they didn't use the Snooze or Fuddle spell once. And the story progressed.

Wolf Kanno
11-20-2016, 08:21 PM
FFVII - I still really hate the Second Disc and see it when the whole story falls to pieces. Also, I finally have a bunch of Materia to play with and create combinations for but I hardly use any of them because there isn't much in the game worth using more than basic Attack/heal strategy to beat, not to mention Enemy Skill materia is largely incompatible with most of the Support Materia but infinitely more useful than magic materia. I'm pretty sure 90% of my Materia equips are for the sake of leveling them than because they are actually useful to me.

Curtain Call - Still a bit peeved about the song selections for certain series, and much like the Dark Notes from the first game, the Quest mode tends to favor games for which I dislike their OSTs. While I like that we got two more summons and how the summon system works, I still find it annoying that Leviathan and Alexander were passed over for Knights of the Round.

I am Setsuna - While most of the music is gorgeous and fitting for the story's mood, I'll agree with most detractors that the (mostly) solo piano doesn't quite lend itself well for battle themes or more energetic tracks. Of anything it kind of reminds me of old films where there was no audio track and thus the film usually had a instrumental accompaniment to go with it; which makes the OST come across a little unintentionally funny at times.

Pete for President
11-23-2016, 06:33 AM
I just finished the campaign of Darkest Dungeon. This game is such a grind, I really feel they missed the spot in terms of pacing and the theme they were going for. Set for a tactical horror dungeon crawler, the monsters you fight just don't seem intimidating anymore after you've fought them dozens or hundreds of times in the grind to the final darkest dungeon. It's not very dark either; there are enough supplies to light up and scout ahead in every dungeon, and element of surprise is key when designing a tense atmosphere. If the game had focussed more on exploration with the occasional - but extremely tough - battle instead of the countless meaningless battles it would have fit the theme way better imo.

Fynn
11-23-2016, 06:55 AM
The only thing I don't like about the Witcher so far is how washed all the colors are. I think this may be part of the reason why I feel a bit nauseous when playing it.

Pete for President
11-23-2016, 09:20 AM
If Magic (the Gathering) 2015 had less flashy menu design and animations I think it could cut the loading times in half.

Vermachtnis
11-23-2016, 10:39 AM
I'll just play one more match of Overwatch. That didn't count. Neither did that one. And now it's five in the morning.

Also Hanzo can kill you at full health by shooting near your arm.

Rocket Edge
11-23-2016, 02:56 PM
FFX - It takes too long until you get the option of no encounters considering its a random encounters game.

Pumpkin
11-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Dungeon Travelers 2 - So grindy

SOMA - Confusing. I'm bad at this stuff though so some of it is me, but my friend and I are discussing it and he has to explain stuff that I just totally blanked on. I like subtlety, but this is too subtle xD

Trails of Cold Steel II - WHY REAN? WHY DID YOU DO IT?

Oblivious Garden - Not the best written, kind of amateurish

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - My character outfit is hideous

Rogue Legacy - Iz hard

Lyndis Highwind
11-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Lost Planet - Granted I haven't played much of it, but oh my goodness the characters -especially the main character- are really boring so far...

Sephiroth
11-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Just finished Final Fantasy XV.

A nice little Final Fantasy but the narrative pace and content as well as its presentation has its problems.

Fynn
11-28-2016, 03:06 PM
For how nice the environments of The Witcher are, the character models are pretty terrible. All faces are completely emotionless, and some models - especially dwarves and "attractive" women (Triss, what have they done to you) - look incredibly weird and out-of-place.

Wolf Kanno
11-28-2016, 07:31 PM
I am Setsuna has some weak dungeon designs, feeling a bit more straightforward than I would like, and I'll certainly ding it for reusing assets. When you get down to it, there are only maybe four or five different environments tops in the game, and I really feel like the developers could have added a bit more pizazz to the dungeons. It's only more daunting because towns actually have a bit more variety, so it's a bit weird that the dungeons all borrow from the five same visual styles. There are also little to no puzzles in most of them except the Ancient Towers, which themselves are way cooler looking on the outside than their interior.

Also what is with the game's bizarre difficulty jump? I know I'm towards the end, but bosses pretty much went from being a handful to being outright nightmares. I appreciate it a bit since so many games are easy but part of the issue here is that regular encounters are still ridiculously easy when you're not running into one of the Spiritnite Infested Monsters which are all practically optional superbosses in their own right. None of this is helped by the fact that it seems like the majority of players who have beaten the game online seemed to all have just grind at certain points to ridiculous levels, so many of them can't actually offer much in terms of strategy beyond "go to this place, fight this mon for six straight hours, beat game."

NeoCracker
12-01-2016, 06:22 AM
I am Setsuna has some weak dungeon designs, feeling a bit more straightforward than I would like, and I'll certainly ding it for reusing assets. When you get down to it, there are only maybe four or five different environments tops in the game, and I really feel like the developers could have added a bit more pizazz to the dungeons. It's only more daunting because towns actually have a bit more variety, so it's a bit weird that the dungeons all borrow from the five same visual styles. There are also little to no puzzles in most of them except the Ancient Towers, which themselves are way cooler looking on the outside than their interior.

Also what is with the game's bizarre difficulty jump? I know I'm towards the end, but bosses pretty much went from being a handful to being outright nightmares. I appreciate it a bit since so many games are easy but part of the issue here is that regular encounters are still ridiculously easy when you're not running into one of the Spiritnite Infested Monsters which are all practically optional superbosses in their own right. None of this is helped by the fact that it seems like the majority of players who have beaten the game online seemed to all have just grind at certain points to ridiculous levels, so many of them can't actually offer much in terms of strategy beyond "go to this place, fight this mon for six straight hours, beat game."

Perhaps you came across the same issues I did. The problem I think is the game does absolutely nothing to entice you to make use of it's Flux mechanic to tweek your abilities.

When I reviewed it I said it was about 70% of the game it was pointless, but then the game suddenly starts kicking your ass.

Clearing battles at that point becomes largely how well you tweek your attacks with your flux's, do that and it'll become a cake walk again.

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Perhaps you came across the same issues I did. The problem I think is the game does absolutely nothing to entice you to make use of it's Flux mechanic to tweek your abilities.

When I reviewed it I said it was about 70% of the game it was pointless, but then the game suddenly starts kicking your ass.

Clearing battles at that point becomes largely how well you tweek your attacks with your flux's, do that and it'll become a cake walk again.

Yeah, I came to a similar conclusion, though I'm a bit sad with the Flux abuse because I've found that several really difficult bosses can be turned into total push overs with the right party/set-up. I think the most amusing if frustrating one I found is the optional battle in Nidr's quest. I just kept getting my ass kicked by that boss until I realized that one of Nidr's moves completely trivializes the battle.

Now I'm at the point where Fluxes are super important if I want to get anything else done in the game. I don't mind the idea behind the system, I just wished that gaining them wasn't so random.

NeoCracker
12-01-2016, 11:36 PM

Yeah, I came to a similar conclusion, though I'm a bit sad with the Flux abuse because I've found that several really difficult bosses can be turned into total push overs with the right party/set-up. I think the most amusing if frustrating one I found is the optional battle in Nidr's quest. I just kept getting my ass kicked by that boss until I realized that one of Nidr's moves completely trivializes the battle.

Now I'm at the point where Fluxes are super important if I want to get anything else done in the game. I don't mind the idea behind the system, I just wished that gaining them wasn't so random.

My issue is the system comes with no pacing. Pointless for the Majority of the game, and out of left field the system becomes a necessity.

A similar problem crops up with the Dual/Triple Techs. You get them so painfully slow early on, then out of no where you get a huge landslide of them all at once, many of them you'll use just for the sake of using once.

It's like the game understood from a mechanical stand point what made them work so well in Chrono Trigger, but had no clue how to handle the execution. That seems to be the story of this game.

Wolf Kanno
12-02-2016, 02:58 AM
My issue is the system comes with no pacing. Pointless for the Majority of the game, and out of left field the system becomes a necessity.

A similar problem crops up with the Dual/Triple Techs. You get them so painfully slow early on, then out of no where you get a huge landslide of them all at once, many of them you'll use just for the sake of using once.

It's like the game understood from a mechanical stand point what made them work so well in Chrono Trigger, but had no clue how to handle the execution. That seems to be the story of this game.

While I agree the pacing is a bit off with the dual/triple techs, at the same time there is like 5x as many since Endir is not a required party member and you don't need an item to perform a few non-Crono Triple techs like you did in CT. In some ways, I kind of don't mind as much since the game really lets you set up the party how you want it instead of forcing designated party members.

Flux is a bit harder to pin down I feel, since you'll be acquiring them throughout the game regardless, it's a bit hard to figure out if they were there for fluff or if they were actually useful but came in so seamlessly the player never noticed. Of anything, they create real good replay value for the game. In some ways the Flux system feels like VIII's Junction system where many people only haphazardly paid attention to it until the game pulled off the kiddie wheels and suddenly it was do or die. It caught me off guard, but I'm honestly appreciating the system a bit better. I accidentally built a real good version of the Aura ability that saved my ass in Endir's sidequest since it had so many ATB bonuses I practically got double turns when I used it.

Of anything the real missed opportunity here was not giving the game multiple endings to make NG+ great, because the Flux and Counter systems have enough depth to keep them feeling fresh through multiple playthroughs and there are so many dialogue options, TRF could have easily given the player more agency to control the story.

I'm at the final boss right now, still have a few abilities to unlock, but I'm going to finish this bad boy and start FFXV before coming back to it later. I feel a second playthrough with a better understanding of the game mechanics will offer a different insight to how well the mechanics hold up.

Del Murder
12-02-2016, 05:14 PM
It feels like JRPGs take longer and longer to get you into the meat of the game. I logged 6 hours in Persona 4 before I got to move freely in a dungeon. I also hear FFXV takes a while to get going, and the other major release recently, Dragon Quest VII 3DS (which I plan to play next) also has this issue.

Remember in FFVI and FFVII where they threw you right into the action?

Vermachtnis
12-03-2016, 03:54 AM
There's a special place in Hell for Overwatch players who spam the "I NEED HEALS" button and don't comm their healer. There was this cowboy man who just spammed that everytime he got hit. I kept him topped off and didn't even die on my watch. I healed 37% of the team damage. 0 comms.

It feels like JRPGs take longer and longer to get you into the meat of the game. I logged 6 hours in Persona 4 before I got to move freely in a dungeon. I also hear FFXV takes a while to get going, and the other major release recently, Dragon Quest VII 3DS (which I plan to play next) also has this issue.

Remember in FFVI and FFVII where they threw you right into the action?

It takes two-ish hours before you get your first fight. I have the same complaint about World of Final Fantasy. They take control away from you so much. At least with Persona 4 and Dragon Quest 7, you're playing a majority of that initial slog. With WoFF, it's here's a new mechinic. He's a cutscene. He's a tutorial telling you all of that.

NeoCracker
12-05-2016, 07:37 AM
While fun, Zombie Driver has a bit of a hic up in there is no noticable audio cues you're getting hurt.

You kind of just assume you are constantly being hurt driving through hords.

FFNut
12-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Playing Uncharted Waters 2 New Horizons at the moment, and for being an older SNES game it holds up well as one of my favourite games of all time. Thing that I don't like about it is if you pick Earnist for his story you are asked to explore the world and map it all out. However as part of his story you can't find the ports on the Island of Japan until the end of the game. They are the most popular ports for both trade routes, and also you can get the best ships in the game. They are open to 4-6 people early, but not the guy who's whole job is to map the world, and find ports. It kinda seems a little stupid he can't find them until the end.

NeoCracker
12-09-2016, 01:01 AM
...I cannot begin to cover the ways The Last Guardian is just not good in one post.

I'll just say here that the camera ranges from decent to fucking horrid.

Formalhaut
12-09-2016, 01:04 AM
...I cannot begin to cover the ways The Last Guardian is just not good in one post.

I'll just say here that the camera ranges from decent to smurfing horrid.

Huh, I thought that game was getting rave reviews?

NeoCracker
12-09-2016, 01:08 AM

Huh, I thought that game was getting rave reviews?

I can't help but wonder how much of that comes from a mix of hype, and the automatic sympathy people have for anything animal related that, were the exact same circumstances involving a human instead of a pet, would illicit little to no reaction. :p

The game is full of constant small things that are always present and irritating, and the core gameplay itself wasn't all that good even if the problems were fixed.

Pete for President
12-09-2016, 03:34 AM

They finally released this thing? Didnt even know!

NeoCracker
12-09-2016, 04:41 AM
Came out Tuesday.

Pumpkin
12-14-2016, 07:00 AM
World of Final Fantasy: There's some tedium. Battles are slow so I have to hold down the FF button, some stuff is annoying like Tama's the-ing everything. Chapters are absurdly short.

Fran Bow: I dun like having to use drugs for problem solving. I get how it works narratively, but I still dun like it

Megadimension Neptunia VII: So grindyyy

Princess Evangile: Chiho really gets the short end of the stick with her route

Costume Quest 2: Kind of unremarkable and boring overall so far

Ni No Kuni: Stuff just drags. on. Also the difficulty spike at every new area

Bubba
12-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Life: Too much drama in it for my liking.

Pete for President
01-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Simple Planes has these races one can build a plane for and then complete. It's a bit too hard right from the get-go. It's hard enough building something that flies properly, let alone race it through canyons.

ShunNakamura
01-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Currently I am playing Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers and I have basically two gripes about it.

1) you can't start with the Coustwell.

2) More seriously there are all kinds of issues with the translation. I can't speak for accuracy, but I can speak for flow. It is almost as if it never went through editing. All kinds of little errors here and there that almost make it painful to read. And even when actually mistakes aren't made it come across as rather stilted. Long story short I would say this thing has a translation worse than most of the fan translations I have played. Still playable but still it is the principal of the matter! Or maybe I am being way to picky.

Nice
01-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Bloodborne.

I die a lot.

krissy
01-20-2017, 03:43 PM
dishonored 1 has a slow start and it takes a while to warm up to the mechanics
but once you're comfortable with them ooooh boy

Spuuky
01-21-2017, 04:30 AM
Dark Souls 3 is not Dark Souls 1.

Pumpkin
01-21-2017, 04:56 AM
Exist Archive:
A bit too battle heavy

Eternal Darkness:
The gameplay is not very fun for me.

Star Ocean V:
Really feels like it didn't do as much as it could have.

World of Final Fantasy:
Some of these dungeons are way too long.

Ni No Kuni:
Too much going on sometimes.

Bully:
Everyone's a jerk.

Himawari:
The art is a bit off.

The Witcher III:
Just started but I hate the main dude's voice and slow talking.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:
Dem early 3D controls. And Navi.

Beyond Eyes:
Started and finished it today. A bit too slow for the walking, especially when backtracking to uncover more.

Fox
01-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Gravity Rush 2 has done very little to fix the bland, monotonous combat of the original. Hey, don't get me wrong I love floating around and gravity kicking some Nevi into oblivion, but that's the ONLY thing you really do. I really like it when there are ground based enemies on the walls of buildings, and you have to gravity shift onto the wall and then fight using the normal 'on the ground' combat system except you're doing it hanging 90° off the side of the building... but this happens far too infrequently. And, more often than not, it's easier just to do the same gravity kick a million times anyway.

They've really improved the 'using gravity to throw objects system,' which is good! But now it's too powerful, so you have even less reason to use the close range fighting. I'm not expecting Dark Souls but it really would have benefited from being a bit more DmC.

The mission design is fairly uninspired. Pretty much everything is based on very simple objectives. "Use gravity shifting to get here! Kill the things that appeared! Rinse and repeat!" If this were any other game this kind of mission design would completely kill the experience; luckily for Gravity Rush it's Gravity Rush, so even simple and repetitive tasks are fun because of the shifting mechanics. Still, it would be an even better game if it had better mission design. In places the design feels like they forgot they weren't building it for the Vita anymore.

Pete for President
01-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Some characters and their story arcs in Hotline Miami 2 don't really match the feel of the game. The Writer is just not maniac enough to make the player feel like the beat-everything-up-badass they want you to feel like and I don't like how they brought Biker in there. It kinda diminishes how cool the dude from Hotline Miami 2 was.

Other characters have lots of potential but have tiny roles, like the Actor/Pig Murderer. I wish there were more missions with him.

Lyndis Highwind
01-25-2017, 03:39 PM
Skyward Sword: when the controls go out of alignment it's very frustrating. It's easy to center them, but when you're in a boss fight, it can be annoying.
Fi is also a bit annoying. You don't need to tell me that my health is low, my batteries are almost dead or that my wallet is full. Just a little too much hand holding for me. Other than that though, I really like the game as a whole!

Pike
01-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Pokemon Sun: overall I love this game and I adore all the quality of life improvements that have been made to this series lately, but I do feel like your Pokemon out-level the area you're in too easily which dampens a bit of the challenge. X/Y had this problem too. I still overall really like the game, however.

Formalhaut
01-25-2017, 07:10 PM
So I'm replaying Origins again for the first time. And my God I've forgotten how old this game is. No move to point? Gah! My mages just stand there in the middle of the battlefield instead of moving off to the sides. And even though I've noticed traps around, my companions just clumsily walk into them before I can disarm them.

And I've gone archer, which is my favourite weapon in Dragon Age, but in this game the animation for it looks fairly meh.

Cell
01-26-2017, 09:19 AM
80 Days

While I like text driven games, a lot of the things you need to do in this are purely chance driven (several side quests, in fact). You have to keep playing it over and over again until the event you want occurs. If not, it may take another five or six play-throughs for you to do it again. The Black Rose achievement, being one.

Pike
01-27-2017, 01:32 AM
So I'm replaying Origins again for the first time. And my God I've forgotten how old this game is. No move to point? Gah! My mages just stand there in the middle of the battlefield instead of moving off to the sides. And even though I've noticed traps around, my companions just clumsily walk into them before I can disarm them.

And I've gone archer, which is my favourite weapon in Dragon Age, but in this game the animation for it looks fairly meh.

Okay listen *cracks knuckles*

Spec mages for Virulent Walking Bomb, blow stuff up. Trust me.

CFWX0hWCbng

Alistair will step in traps because that's just What He Does, no use trying to get around that one :p

I'm not a huge fan of the archer class until you get to Awakening. At which point it gets obscenely overpowered. But you have Nate for that anyway? :shrug: I've done an archer playthrough but I think my two favorite specs in DAO are mage and DW rogue.

(I may or may not have played through this game in its entirety like five or six times)

Madame Adequate
01-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Pokemon Sun: overall I love this game and I adore all the quality of life improvements that have been made to this series lately, but I do feel like your Pokemon out-level the area you're in too easily which dampens a bit of the challenge. X/Y had this problem too. I still overall really like the game, however.

That's why I turned off XP share! Makes things much better.

I like Overwatch a great deal, but Mei is not currently suffocating me with her buttocks.

Del Murder
01-27-2017, 07:37 PM

That's why I turned off XP share! Makes things much better.

I've kept Exp Share on but just have a bigger rotation of pokemon than usual. Like, anything that is a preevolution I just stick in my party so that it can evolve and get on my pokedex. I agree that you level up way quickly in this game but you can turn that to your advantage for 'dex hunting.

One thing that annoys me is all the cries for help when I'm trying to catch something. I liked the hordes from X/Y better.

Vermachtnis
01-30-2017, 05:30 PM
One thing that annoys me is all the cries for help when I'm trying to catch something. I liked the hordes from X/Y better.

That's my biggest complaint about Sun. I had a fight last over ten minutes because a Rockruff kept calling for help. Also I keep running out of money for clothes.

Lyndis Highwind
03-22-2017, 05:27 PM
Final Fantasy XV: The story is a bit hard to understand. I guess it's not hard to understand, they just don't explain things very well. I'm always like "Hey, who is that?" and "Why is he doing that?".

Del Murder
03-22-2017, 06:58 PM
The cases in Daganronpa 2 seem to be much more straightforward than those in part 1. I find myself figuring out how the murder took place well before the trial and there have been much fewer twists that surprised me. Also, the murderers' motivations don't seem to be as fleshed out as they were in the first game.

Mahad
03-22-2017, 07:07 PM
ToCS 1: too much writing. The characters are too scripted. The graphics are not what you would call current gen. But I play anyways.

Bubba
03-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Final Fantasy XV: The story is a bit hard to understand. I guess it's not hard to understand, they just don't explain things very well. I'm always like "Hey, who is that?" and "Why is he doing that?".

Yeah, I thought this too. I assumed it was down to me doing too many sidequests and not advancing the story very often. You do get a better understanding if you've watched Kingsglaive and Brotherhood but it shouldn't have to rely on people doing that beforehand.

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2017, 01:22 AM
FFXII:RW - I love how the "challenge" of the last few missions of the game devolve into the computer cheating with being able to use Rank 2 Yarhi and having everything's levels jacked up to ridiculous levels. Not to mention I feel like the computer can summon twice as fast as I can and has no real limit on how many units they can have on the field at once. In the time it takes me to set up my party to deal with Zodiark, he's amassed more troops with just one summoning gate, than when the battle started and he had four summoning gates at that point. The game kind of has the old Civilization problem where if you couldn't defeat a cities garrison and capture the city in one turn, the computer would magically spawn four new units in the time you're next unit had a turn.

Bloodborne: SNAKES? WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SNAKES?! No seriously, what is up with FromSoftware's games having Snake themed enemies that have ridiculous attack range and poise? Also, the games multiplayer mode being locked behind whether you have a PSN+ account is still bulltrout.

Pumpkin
04-17-2017, 01:59 AM
Donkey Kong Country 2:
I am not good at platformers o.o

Kingdom Hearts:
I don't know, I'm just apathetic to it. It doesn't get me excited to play

Final Fantasy XV:
I really want to care more about the game than I do. I enjoy playing it but I am not at all invested in the story and barely invested in the characters and FF is a series I play for those two things, which are lacking

Super Mario 64:
Camera is awful and why is Mario so slipperryyyy

Corpse Party:
This one area, let me tell you

Danganronpa:
I hate the trials. Not the story but the gameplay of them. Not my deal

Fynn
04-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Devil Survivor 2: The sentient boobs are back with a vengeance.

Formalhaut
04-17-2017, 11:05 AM
FFXII:RW - I love how the "challenge" of the last few missions of the game devolve into the computer cheating with being able to use Rank 2 Yarhi and having everything's levels jacked up to ridiculous levels. Not to mention I feel like the computer can summon twice as fast as I can and has no real limit on how many units they can have on the field at once. In the time it takes me to set up my party to deal with Zodiark, he's amassed more troops with just one summoning gate, than when the battle started and he had four summoning gates at that point. The game kind of has the old Civilization problem where if you couldn't defeat a cities garrison and capture the city in one turn, the computer would magically spawn four new units in the time you're next unit had a turn.

Oh I remember Revenant Wings. Yeah, the endgame/extra missions are hella difficult because of the cheating A.I and the fact that they simply just pack a huge wallop. Fighting Zodiark and Bahamut is partly luck based depending just on how the mission goes.

FFNut
04-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Playing a modded out Skyrim. My load order in the mod needs work as it will randomly crash once an hour or so. I must have one thing out of order there.

Vermachtnis
04-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Got roadblocked during Makoto's S.Link. After I got that sorted out a bunch of plot happened and control was taken away for a couple of weeks. I like the slice of life part of the game, but so many days are wasted where nothing gets done and you can't go out at night because you need your rest.

And the dungeon crawling is a little easy for an Atlus game. I just finished the fifth palace and the boss wasn't challenging at all. The Scathach in the dungeon was more of a challenge.

Sephiroth
04-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Replaying Wind Waker.

Those controls are horrible.

Skyblade
04-18-2017, 06:31 AM

Yeah, the further into RW you got, the worse the game got. The inability to effectively micromanage is another problem, as most of the endgame bosses have the unique ability to just nuke the entire field around them and instantly kill any Yarhi there, which they use any time you get a big enough group to threaten them. It frequently became a frustrating standoff and ruined what had been a decent enough game.

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Oh I remember Revenant Wings. Yeah, the endgame/extra missions are hella difficult because of the cheating A.I and the fact that they simply just pack a huge wallop. Fighting Zodiark and Bahamut is partly luck based depending just on how the mission goes.

Yeah, the further into RW you got, the worse the game got. The inability to effectively micromanage is another problem, as most of the endgame bosses have the unique ability to just nuke the entire field around them and instantly kill any Yarhi there, which they use any time you get a big enough group to threaten them. It frequently became a frustrating standoff and ruined what had been a decent enough game.

Yeah, there is a reason I got to this point and called it quits a few years back. I also love the fact that if I actually finish the last two side missions of the game I have left, my reward is a slightly different ending and the final boss and his troops being jacked up to Lv. 99. I'm going to ignore the fact that when he's down to about 40% health, he summons a Bahamut about thirty levels higher than my party level to help him.

Wolf Kanno
04-20-2017, 06:58 PM
W-POST

FFXII:RW - Finally beat after giving up on getting Zodiark and making sure to pull the majority of my party away from the final boss when he's down to just his head so I would stop suffering from TPW when he summoned a Lv. 90 Bahamut right behind the attacking party. The ending was terrible, which simply reminded me of how awful most of the writing was and how comically different it was from the original FFXII. This game should have stayed as a new IP instead of being forcibly turned into a non-canon sequel to FFXII.

Bloodborne - I haven't had the chance to talk about this, but I'm not a big fan of the Chalice Dungeons. Copy/paste environments with souped up palette swapped versions of enemies I've been fighting all game. Granted it at least has some unique bosses, but I feel like they would have been better served being placed into the game proper. Overall, it just feels like a cheap gimmick to pad the game.

Also fuck the Blood Lickers, they are Bloodborne's version of Demon's Souls Great Defiled Ones. They have too much health, way too high attack power, difficult to stunlock, incredibly aggressive, way faster and more agile than most "big strong enemy types" and they love to travel in packs when killing one of them can be a chore. Castle Cainhurst is a great area only marred by having these bastards everywhere on the front lawn.

Fynn
04-24-2017, 07:50 AM
I get that the tag line is "there is no good or evil, only choices", but the Witcher can still be very on the nose about its theme. It often gets ridiculous. Like at one point Geralt is brooding over the fact that a choice he made led to a bad thing to happen. Another character then tells him "but it's a choice you made; if you had known then what you know now, would you have acted differently?" And then I get a dialog choice, to which I say no, which causes Geralt to happily exclaim how satisfied he is with the choice he made. The exact same choice he was moping about just a second ago.

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Bloodborne - Going to harp on the Chalice Dungeons again. Ultimately they feel like Tartarus from P3. Samey environments with enemies recycled from Dark Souls no less. The bosses in here are souped up palette swaps of things you've been fighting before and the few unique bosses are absurdly overpowered. I just spent two days worth of my game time trying to beat this Undead Giant (the third incarnation of I might add) who is equipped with a metal hammer, a hook blade arm, and has various sickles and balls of chains poking out of his back that he can swing his body quickly to get a cheap shot on you if you try to roll past him. My beef with him was that his attack range is a bit ridiculous and combined the series standard finicky hit detection, can make it very difficult to gauge his attack patters and damage. My other beef is that his attacks are insanely overpowered with that quick turn with the back weapons being for all intents and purposes, a one-hit-KO. I had to basically resort to Dark Souls, poke and run tactics to finally beat him.

My other beef with the game is the Blood Vial system. The Estus Flasks from DS spoiled me, so having to go back to a limited consumable resource has been a bit jarring, especially since the damage output of enemies is much higher in this game. So, it wrecks the pacing of the game to have to stop progress, so you can warp back to the first area of the game, and clear that map to restock your Blood Vials and Quicksilver bullets. Now we could probably had avoided part of this like Demon's Souls did by not making the merchants in this game read the TV Tropes page Adam Smith Hates Your Guts (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AdamSmithHatesYourGuts), because the shop jacks up the prices of everything the further you get in. Blood Vials start off costing a few hundred Bloos Echoes, but I'm at the point where buying one would cost me around 10,000 blood echoes and it only goes higher in NG+. At least in Demon's Souls, you could spend left over souls from leveling/weapon crafting on basic healing items to keep yourself stocked.

Phoenix Wright - The logic of some of these cases can be baffling. Made even more annoying when you start to figure out the solution before the game is ready for it and now you're stuck knowing the answer but somehow have to figure out how to get the game on the same page with you, which often requires some really bizarre old school Adventure game logic to solve on occasion.

Spuuky
04-24-2017, 10:54 PM
That particular Undead Giant is legitimately the hardest boss in Bloodborne, and I don't think it's very close.

I don't think the price of Blood Vials changes, though?

Karifean
04-24-2017, 11:11 PM
Somehow Persona Fusing isn't as cool as it could be since I always feel like I need to keep at least one of every elemental spell as well as healing and I'm hesitant to let any of the stat buffs/debuffs go. On the other hand I don't have the motivation to map out my abilities and figure out what Personas I can get rid of. Either way ultimately this means I'm holding on to mid-level Personas just because they have four or five Ma- abilities which feels more like an obligation than anything, because getting a new Persona that can fulfill that role feels like a crapshoot. You never know if a new Persona in your fusing path is gonna be simply incapable of learning some of these abilities.

I know it wouldn't kill me to get rid of one or two elements but damn it the pressure is felt.

Wolf Kanno
04-25-2017, 06:32 AM
That particular Undead Giant is legitimately the hardest boss in Bloodborne, and I don't think it's very close.

I don't think the price of Blood Vials changes, though?

They do sadly. Their base price is 180 Blood Echoes and they are close to the four digit category currently in my playthrough, though I only have some of the Chalice Dungeons, the DLC, and the second half of the Nightmare of Mensis to complete, so I'm pretty much at the end game.

EDITGA: Whoops, my bad. It isn't as severe as I thought, probably cause I don't pay too much attention to the consumable screen as I should. While the price does go up, it seems to be based on doubling and then tripling and so forth from the base price. So Blood Vials cost about 720 now in my game, which to me, is a bit of a steep price for a healing item, especially one where I would need three of them to take me from 10% of my health back to full. Molotove Cocktails and antidotes are where things are in the 4 digit territory and the damn blood tangent cocktail (a diversion item for those who don't understand what we're talking about) is about 10,000 Blood Echoes.

Somehow Persona Fusing isn't as cool as it could be since I always feel like I need to keep at least one of every elemental spell as well as healing and I'm hesitant to let any of the stat buffs/debuffs go. On the other hand I don't have the motivation to map out my abilities and figure out what Personas I can get rid of. Either way ultimately this means I'm holding on to mid-level Personas just because they have four or five Ma- abilities which feels more like an obligation than anything, because getting a new Persona that can fulfill that role feels like a crapshoot. You never know if a new Persona in your fusing path is gonna be simply incapable of learning some of these abilities.

I know it wouldn't kill me to get rid of one or two elements but damn it the pressure is felt.

Here's some advice about fusing new demons. You might have noticed some of these, but generally a persona's affinity for a move is based on their Arcana and in some cases, their design/history.

Examples:
Fool and Judgement - Can learn anything
Magician, Priestess, and Emperess - Magic orientated
Chariot, Strength, and Tower - Physical
Justice - Hama Focused
Death and Devil - Mudo Focused

There are some serious overlap as well but rule of thumb is that the higher level the demon is within their arcana, the more they will exhibit the traits of their arcana and lose the ability to use certain skills.

Another tidbit, melee skill transfer is often based on the design of a demon, for instance, a skill that is weapon based like Vorpal Blade can only be transferred to a persona carrying a weapon. Likewise, a Fire based demon like Surt or Pyro Jack won't learn Bufu skills but that is pretty obvious but some persona may require knowing a bit about their lore to figure things out. I would honestly try to do some of Elizabeth's fusion quests to help learn the ins and outs of Persona fusions as you would be surprised how very likely it is to get a skill on a desired Persona with enough work.

Also, the game never mentions this but fusing two persona of the same arcana will always result in a persona of the same arcana, though the whether it will be an upgrade or downgrade will depend on where the Persona's rank within their own arcana, so that can be a quick way to "upgrade" a persona with good skills into one with better stats to use them.

A final tip is that as your MC gains the ability to hold more personas, it's often better to stop focusing on making a few versatile personas and focus on making specialty personas, cause you'll need them to start doing their job well when you get to the later stages of the game and the focus shifts from "exploit enemy weakness" to "prevent enemy from getting extra turns" as later enemies will eventually drop all pretense of having a weakness, and so you'll need the extra boost of using elemental boost and Amp skills to make your spells more powerful. I highly recommend creating Anubis eventually, once your levels allow you to do so, as he is one of the earliest personas you can make that has a natural immunity to both types of instant death magic and no major weaknesses either, making him a perfect baseline Persona to have equipped whenever encountering new enemy types. His stats are also pretty good and he learns most of the Hama/Mudo skills as well making him great for speeding through later sections of Tartarus.

Fynn
04-25-2017, 06:41 AM
The Witcher - the faces continue to be terrible. Especially dwarves. Looking at Zoltan is actually a genuinely nauseating experience

LunarWeaver
04-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Horizon Zero Dawn, hmm... I really love this game. I'd have to nitpick. Its title. That title is bad. That is like let's pull three cool, game-y words out of a hat and work it into the plot later.

Fynn
04-25-2017, 08:24 PM
The Witcher: I'm having a similar problem to what I had with Morrowind. I dunno if it's because it's a brown game or an ugly game or if I'm just sitting to close to my monitor, but I just start feeling nauseous when I play it for too long. Thankfully, it isn't as bad as with MOrrowind, and I feel normal when I'm out and about during the day, but at night, in dungeons, or if my gaming environment is just not lit by sunlight, I don't feel so good.

Pete for President
04-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Eli and Quiet are such dud characters in Metal Gear Solid 5. Eli doesn't seem to have any other motive than being angsty teenager buggaloo and Quiet is literally there for the boobs and doesn't have anything to do with the story at all.

(P.S haven't finished the game yet)

Wolf Kanno
04-30-2017, 10:26 AM
Eli and Quiet are such dud characters in Metal Gear Solid 5. Eli doesn't seem to have any other motive than being angsty teenager buggaloo and Quiet is literally there for the boobs and doesn't have anything to do with the story at all.

(P.S haven't finished the game yet)

Eli's story unfortunately was cut from the game. There is a video showing story boards and a few completed elements for the missing chapter that would have resolved his story. Sadly, it's one of the known sacrifices from Kojima's split with Konami. Quiet on the other hand kind of comes into her own in the post Skullface part of the game, though that last mission is a doozy...

On to other things.

Phoenix Wright - I know this is the game's last case, but for an extra added to a port, it's dragging and testing my patience. I've already kind of figured out what's happen, so finishing the game sort of feels like a formality at this point.

Bloodborne - Of hi Laurence, so you're a souped up version of the game's first boss, interesting. My issue is that you're now a combination of my two least favorite bosses from Dark Souls. You've got the Firesage Demon's BS attack power and fire damage effect to your attacks that give you way better range than I would care for, and your final stage is basically Quelaag on steroids with that wonderful stunlocking lava. Yeah, you're a fucking pain in my ass.

Fynn
05-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Okay, Triss is a terrible fucking person in the Witcher 1. So Geralt loses his memory and that makes her think she's running the place? Took a Level in Jerkass indeed.

Pumpkin
05-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Danganronpa 2: OH MY GOSH THEY MADE THE TRIALS WORSEEEE

Dynasty Warriors 8: The generic lines get old fast and I really wish I could play as female characters more often

Final Fantasy XIII-2: It just doesn't... grab me and make me want to continue on. I'm enjoying it but it's not standing out so far. Also Noel's pants. Also there are 6 chapters but I only have access to 5 outfits. Why would they do this

MoeKuri: You can tell it's a smaller project because man are the maps boring and ugly

maybee
05-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Persona 5 : Please just let me return the DVD.....

Game : NOPE

:ohdear:

Wolf Kanno
05-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Bloodborne - Fair boss battles my ass, Maria can literally charge you and make 90 degree turns to hit you regardless of when you dodged. She also must love Rurouni Kenshin because even if the main swipe misses, the back of the attack can still hit you and take health off. Also, considering how powerful so many of the enemies are in the DLC, I'm pretty surprised by how little you get in terms of Blood Echose.

Phoenix Wright - I still feel the last chapter is a bit too long and a little redundant plot-wise. It just feels like a redo of the previous, and original, final chapter.

Jinx
05-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Fire Emblem: Birthright: All the names are Japanese, so it's hard to keep track of who is who.

That's it. That's my one criticism.

Vermachtnis
05-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Drakengard 3's frame rate is trout. Why is a console game lagging in the first place? I've taken so much unnecessary damage because of slowdown. And I want to zoom out. The camera is way to close. Also spears suck.

Fire Emblem: Birthright: All the names are Japanese, so it's hard to keep track of who is who.

That's it. That's my one criticism.

The only character whose name you gotta know is Oboro. It's the only character's name I remember anyway.