PDA

View Full Version : When you eat at a restaurant do you prefer to sit at a table or booth?

Pike
02-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Or do you even have a preference?

Pheesh
02-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Not fussed. I usually only go out to eat with Night Fury and if anything I actually kinda feel uncomfortable if the two of us are taking up an entire booth. But I will sit wherever they put me.

Formalhaut
02-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Booths are preferable, but like Pheesh, if there's just me and Mr. Carny, taking a booth does make us a tad conspicuous. A table is fine, but if given the choice I'd go for a booth.

Shauna
02-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Don't really care. As long as I can sit and enjoy my meal.

Bubba
02-22-2016, 05:25 PM
As long as it's quiet, I don't feel guilty taking up an entire booth between two of us.

The 'tables for two' at some restaurants can be a little too close. Almost like you're having dinner with the couple on the table next to you as well.

blackmage_nuke
02-22-2016, 05:26 PM
If it's a crowded restuaraunt then a booth, I dont like having to scooch my seat in whenever someone walks behind me
If there's plenty of room then a table is better so people don't have to shift to let people in/out

Pumpkin
02-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Always booth

Vermachtnis
02-22-2016, 09:26 PM
I don't care, I'm there to eat.

Bri
02-22-2016, 09:28 PM
Table, booth, floor fine with me as long as food is in front of me

Colonel Angus
02-22-2016, 10:37 PM
(George is at the coffee shop with his parents)
GEORGE: So, uh, Mom, Dad, I was hoping that you could help me to remember my childhood a little clearly..
ESTELLE: I feel a draft. (Grabs the bread basket and her drink) Let's change tables.
FRANK: Get outta here! We have a booth.
ESTELLE: Frank, I'm cold!
FRANK: Order a hot dish.
ESTELLE: Why can't we sit over there? (Points to a table)
FRANK: (Yelling) That's not a booth!
ESTELLE: (Trying to match Frank's loudness) So, who says we have to sit in a booth?!
FRANK: (Loud shouting) I didn't take the subway all the way to New York to sit at a table like that! (Gestures to the table)
ESTELLE: (Nagging yell) Well, I didn't take the subway to be in a drafty restaurant!
(A moment passes)
GEORGE: (Pleading for them to stop) Mom.. dad.

Crop
02-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Booths usually have better seats and more room so obviously booths.

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2016, 12:07 AM
Booths are preferable, but like Pheesh, if there's just me and Mr. Carny, taking a booth does make us a tad conspicuous. A table is fine, but if given the choice I'd go for a booth.

I don't even care about looking conspicuous. Always booth!

Formalhaut
02-23-2016, 12:26 AM
The 'tables for two' at some restaurants can be a little too close. Almost like you're having dinner with the couple on the table next to you as well.

Yeah, this as well. This is why Wagamama really annoys me. I'm eating on a bench. I'm next to someone else. What is this, a school cafeteria? Gimme some privacy!

Laddy
02-23-2016, 04:14 AM
I usually don't care because of you state a preference you might get stuck in a section with a server who's busy.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-29-2016, 01:08 AM
Tabletabletabletabletabletabletable.

Booths make me feel locked in. I don't like that. I have the freedom to get up whenever I want from a table. You know, just in case I have to run off or start a fight or catch a pretty fainting damsel in distress.

Pike
02-29-2016, 01:47 AM
Fynn and Plef are the few and the proud.

Formalhaut
02-29-2016, 02:34 AM

Booths make me feel locked in. I don't like that. I have the freedom to get up whenever I want from a table. You know, just in case I have to run off or start a fight or catch a pretty fainting damsel in distress.

This is the only downside with booths. Especially if you're sat furthest from the aisle, and you need to go to the bathroom. Cue awkward 'could you move?' situations while the person next to you has to get up for you.

Bubba
02-29-2016, 11:12 AM

This is the only downside with booths. Especially if you're sat furthest from the aisle, and you need to go to the bathroom. Cue awkward 'could you move?' situations while the person next to you has to get up for you.

I hate this situation. I'm too polite to say anything though so I inevitably just hold it until I burst and die.

Formalhaut
02-29-2016, 11:20 AM
I hate this situation. I'm too polite to say anything though so I inevitably just hold it until I burst and die.

Going into a restaurant could literally be a life or death situation each time.

Mr. Carnelian
02-29-2016, 12:05 PM

Going into a restaurant could literally be a life or death situation each time.

Agreed, that is a lame situation. In a group which is any larger than me and Formy, I would prefer a table. But, if there's only two of you, then there's no problem. :)

sharkythesharkdogg
02-29-2016, 05:48 PM

Eh. When you gotta go, you gotta go. They can get their happy ass out of the way. I'd move for them. :shrug:

CimminyCricket
02-29-2016, 11:09 PM
I prefer a table, because then I'm not forced into only exiting one way.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Also, you know, Chairs are more comfortable than booths unless I get a whole booth side to myself and can prop my feet up.

Laddy
03-02-2016, 01:53 PM
According to a guy at work, if two guys get a booth, regardless as to the logistics of it, gaaaaay.

Midgar Mist
05-16-2016, 03:12 PM
A booth, its comfy and I can hide myself away.

And Laddy, its the same kind of dude who would love it if two women shared a booth.

Its hard, putting up with peoples sucky attitudes at work. But anyway.....food and resteraunts. I plan to sit in a booth with Ayen someday, see how that goes down. I will probably be passing notes to him under the table or something. In our case it will be my pathological fear of guns.

DMKA
05-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Table. Booths are confining and usually uncomfortable.

Big D
05-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Tables offer actual control over seat placement. You're also not confined in a pokey wee box. For me, it's usually a table.

That said, a well-designed booth can be just the ticket for a secluded and friendly atmosphere sometimes.

Galuf
05-20-2016, 12:16 PM
either. doesnt change the good food.

noxious.sunshine
06-06-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm not picky, but I don't really like tables for 2- they're too small.

When Parker was a baby up until she was like 5, booths were necessary tho

Ayen
06-07-2016, 03:54 AM
Booth. They're more comfortable to me.

escobert
06-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Doesn't matter to me.