PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Discussion Thread

Jinx
02-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Guys, I've had a think AND

I don't know if we're allowed to choose who battles whom, BUT--

Every time someone battles a Villain, we should do the math so we can figure out their stats and have a running total so we can strategize about who to send in.

I know this isn't foolproof, as some abilities change stats, but if we keep watch every battle, we should be able to get a decent idea of what each character's approximate stats are. No doubt with someone like Psychotic on the other team (he's really the one to watch for, strategy-wise), they've already figured this out.

This means that Rinoa/maybee can definitely be our trump card and she can change her stats around before a battle. But we should also keep in mind it's very likely one of the Villains has a similar ability.

Formalhaut
02-22-2016, 05:29 PM
We can roughly assume approximate strengths and weaknesses. Cloud having a high STR isn't surprising, for example. But other characters can be thrown for a loop. I really didn't expect Ashe to have the highest DEF of all of us. So we can't always rely on predicting their stats.

Jinx
02-22-2016, 05:36 PM
We can roughly assume approximate strengths and weaknesses. Cloud having a high STR isn't surprising, for example. But other characters can be thrown for a loop. I really didn't expect Ashe to have the highest DEF of all of us. So we can't always rely on predicting their stats.

Right, which is why keeping a log will be so helpful. Because we know OUR character's stats, we can just do the math.

Like if Zach used STR against Yuna, she'd lose 40HP.

Knowing that Zach has a STR of 100, we can assume Yuna's STR is ~60. Of course it might be more or less if they have an item or used an ability before the battle (like Rinoa's ability), but we can ballpark it based on what we know about our teammate.

Karifean
02-22-2016, 05:41 PM
I can keep track of everything we know about their stats, if that's okay.

Formalhaut
02-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Oh, forgive me. I actually completely agree with you, but it is good to not take some characters at face value. But using the power of MATH, we can win the day!

Jinx
02-22-2016, 05:43 PM
But using the power of MATH, we can win the day!

Which means not me and you, huh? :lol:

I can keep track of everything we know about their stats, if that's okay.

Definitely! Dat Matt is an accountant and also good at math, so he'd be a good partner for this job. I'll just edit the first post of this thread as the game goes on, though!

Formalhaut
02-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Yeah, leave it to Karifean and Matt. They seem like a great pairing.

Dat Matt
02-22-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm in charge?

https://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/mag-11-morgiana-comedy-panic-scream-cute.jpg

This can only end badly.

But sure. Mathing should be easy.

Pheesh
02-22-2016, 05:49 PM
After every win characters will level up and receive additional HP and points to add to their stats :p

But this could still be useful.

Galuf
02-22-2016, 05:49 PM
sadly i think all my stats are a little obvious. but like you say, those items can boost us over

Karifean
02-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Piece of cake. I can hardly wait for the battles to begin :P

Jinx
02-22-2016, 05:55 PM
After every win characters will level up and receive additional HP and points to add to their stats :p

But this could still be useful.

Well, it won't be an exact science regardless. But it can help us get an idea.

Night Fury
02-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Formalhaut
02-22-2016, 05:59 PM
If only someone had the scan ability. Damn, Kimahri might actually be useful!

Galuf
02-22-2016, 06:00 PM
IS THAT THE RIDDLE!?

Karifean
02-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Well, now that the enemy team has a Holy Torch, I'd say at least until the use it up we should *definitely* play to strengths with the attribute plus items, so we don't give away our weaknesses and have them take advantage of them.