PDA

View Full Version : Have you played any Breath of Fire games?

Pumpkin
02-27-2016, 05:01 PM
So in my quest to play some classic RPG's, I have started Breath of Fire III, and plan to try IV eventually. Have you played any of these games? What did you think? Which are your favourites/least favourites?

Fynn
02-27-2016, 05:30 PM
I've played them all and IV and Dragon Quarter are my favorites for different reasons, as DQ is such a big departure from the rest of the games. I was the weakest but it can be forgiven, since it was the first and it just feels really weird in hindsight. I like II and III pretty equally.

Vermachtnis
02-27-2016, 06:09 PM
I've played II, IV, and V. Out of those I like IV the best. I have a love/hate thing with DQ because the one memory that stands out is me getting near the end, like two or so fights from beating it and then dying, but haven't saved in over five hours because limited saves in an RPG seemed like such a good idea.

Wolf Kanno
02-27-2016, 06:59 PM
Played them all except BoFVI since it's Japan only currently. BoFIII is my favorite followed by BoFII and DQ. The first one is my least favorite but still a solid game overall, just a bit too simple for my taste.

I think BoFII is the one that surprises me the most, I'm still finding stuff in that game years later.

Pumpkin
02-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Well some already know this but I am loving BoF III. I'm pleasantly surprised. I can generally gauge how well I'll like a game before I play it based on looking it up and watching videos and whatever, and this series has been recommended to me for a few years now, and I was always like "Yeah it'll probably be alright". Instead I find it incredibly engaging and charming and it's my favourite game that I currently have going which is like... 10 games or so. I really enjoy it and I'm a bit disappointed in myself for waiting so long to try it

Dr. Acula
03-30-2022, 01:08 PM
I've played a bit of I and III, I've finished II a couple of times. It's a great series :)

Christmas
03-30-2022, 01:08 PM
I played till IV. III is my all time favourite! Love the Dragon Transformation system in the game as well as the story. Poor Teepo and how all the character grow illterally in the game. :bigsmile:

Heard Dragon Quarter is trout. VI is king of the trout. :poo: