PDA

View Full Version : Cloud and Aerith: What Couldve Been (SPOILERS)

Midgar Mist
02-24-2016, 09:34 AM
I often wondered how that love triangle wouldve panned out if Aerth hadntve been killed.

As a teenager I was on Tifa's side but now I'm no longer sure she's the best person for him. If they had both lived would Cloud have really wanted to be with an overly dependant woman who hesitates on helping him deal with his problems or a high spirited fun loving woman who cheers him up?

I think he couldve chosen Aerith.

What do you guys think?

Bubba
02-24-2016, 10:02 AM
I've played this game so many times and yeah I think Cloud and Aeris were perfect for each other. Not to say that Cloud and Tifa aren't a good match either, just not quite on the same level.

I remember MissH playing this for the first time last year and Aeris was her favourite character. She was devastated when she died. She couldn't concentrate at all during the fight with Jenova-Life, it's lucky Cloud had the Water Ring equipped.

Rin Heartilly
02-24-2016, 10:27 AM
He would've chosen Aeris :colbert:

I'm sorry Tifa ma homegirl but Barret and Cloud have more chemistry than you and Cloud ever did. I always saw Cloti as BFF material more than lovers, felt too one-sided on Tifa's part.

Midgar Mist
02-24-2016, 12:32 PM
He would've chosen Aeris :colbert:

I'm sorry Tifa ma homegirl but Barret and Cloud have more chemistry than you and Cloud ever did. I always saw Cloti as BFF material more than lovers, felt too one-sided on Tifa's part.

Yeah I think it was too one sided.

Shiva95
02-24-2016, 12:50 PM
It seems like I'm the only one, but I think he would have chosen Tifa in the end. Maybe he would have been with Aerith for a while, but I don't think they could be together for a long time period. Cloud seems too "calm" and not enough and funny and joyful for Aerith.

Fynn
02-24-2016, 01:35 PM
Nah, I think he would've gone with Tifa

Aerith realized even before she died that the only thing that made her attracted to Cloud was his resemblence to Zack. I don't think she would be willing to pursue him this way, seeing as she realized he was not being his true self when they interacted. And I really think Cloud and Tifa would work well together.

Also, i think too many people are giving Tifa flak nowadays for being clingy and dependant on Cloud. She literally stitched him together when he fell apart.

Pumpkin
02-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Aerith realized even before she died that the only thing that made her attracted to Cloud was his resemblence to Zack. I don't think she would be willing to pursue him this way, seeing as she realized he was not being his true self when they interacted. And I really think Cloud and Tifa would work well together.

Also, i think too many people are giving Tifa flak nowadays for being clingy and dependant on Cloud. She literally stitched him together when he fell apart.

This stuff

I'm a bit biased though because I hate Aeris with a passion.

Rin Heartilly
02-24-2016, 04:38 PM

Also, i think too many people are giving Tifa flak nowadays for being clingy and dependent on Cloud. She literally stitched him together when he fell apart.

Tbh I feel like Tifa is a bit too good for Cloud :S She was literally his carer for him when he was in a vegetative state, confined to a wheel chair, I feel like he doesn't put as much effort into their relationship compared to the amount Tifa puts in. Despite him saving her a bunch of times, he's reactive more than proactive, had he had been around more, she'd have sustained a lot less physical trauma and would probably be less clingy as a result. Despite living together in AC, they did not seem romantically involved at all to me :/

Formalhaut
02-24-2016, 06:18 PM
Cloud is like a parent's worst idea for boyfriend material.

Rin Heartilly
02-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Cloud is like a parent's worst idea for boyfriend material.

If I were a large intimidating father figure and a Cloud came to seduce my daughter, I would march his spiky punk-ass home.

Shaibana
02-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Tifa would be better for Cloud.
i liked Aerith more in Crisis Core :3
+ Aerith likes cloud because she see's Zack in him
so Zack x Aerith

Sephiroth
02-24-2016, 10:13 PM
Cloud associates his Promised Land with Aerith, her church, et cetera and their consciousness is connected plus their soul bond even after her death.

Things could not just have been. They are.

Forsaken Lover
02-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Except Aerith is dead and will inevitably dissolve into a blob of souls with everyone else in the Planet so I don't think she and Cloud have a promising future.

But it's a mistake to say Aerith only liked Cloud because he reminded her of Zack. That's how it started off but soon she wanted to see the "real" Cloud. It's important to remember, and this is a thing a lot of people legitimately forget it seems, that Cloud is NOT a 1:1 copy of Zack. He has some of Zack's memories but his "fake personality" is nothing like Zack's. It's something he made up, probably trying to emulate his hero Sephiroth or the ideal SOLDIER.

Cloud had, at most, superficial similarities to Zack and Aerith spotted those. But she was perceptive enough, and there was enough "real Cloud" in the "fake Cloud" that she was attracted to something more than those superficial details.

I used to support Cloud/Tifa but I've come to really like Cloud/Aerith over the years. I'm not even sure why. I like both characters of course but I also like Tifa. I guess Aerith is just more interesting than Tifa to me.

Sephiroth
02-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Except Aerith is dead and will inevitably dissolve into a blob of souls with everyone else in the Planet so I don't think she and Cloud have a promising future.

They cannot have a future alive but this is a story in which the cliche "to live on in your heart" is literally true. They are both still really connected. Really, what does a shell mean? Nothing. Then they will never be physically together in life. So what.

But it's a mistake to say Aerith only liked Cloud because he reminded her of Zack. That's how it started off but soon she wanted to see the "real" Cloud. It's important to remember, and this is a thing a lot of people legitimately forget it seems, that Cloud is NOT a 1:1 copy of Zack. He has some of Zack's memories but his "fake personality" is nothing like Zack's. It's something he made up, probably trying to emulate his hero Sephiroth or the ideal SOLDIER.

Cloud had, at most, superficial similarities to Zack and Aerith spotted those. But she was perceptive enough, and there was enough "real Cloud" in the "fake Cloud" that she was attracted to something more than those superficial details.

Exactly. Cloud was confabulating and Aerith very well was able to differentiate between the characteristics he added to his personality and the remaining original characteristics that he did not supress. She wanted him to be fully restored and aware of how he normally is though and aware of his own life, with all the supressed part back on the surface and meet him in his fully restored condition.

I used to support Cloud/Tifa but I've come to really like Cloud/Aerith over the years. I'm not even sure why. I like both characters of course but I also like Tifa. I guess Aerith is just more interesting than Tifa to me.

Same here. Except the "I used to support .." part. I am aware of both characters and their connection with Cloud and that's it.

Laddy
02-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Aerith likes Cloud as a person and seemed to think he was fun and cute. She flirted with him and picked on him a bit but that's the kind of chick she is, I think she always thought Cloud was kinda pretentious and tried to be tough and really seemed to like him when he was willing to be silly or self-aware.

She knew Cloud wasn't who she said he was. She says something along the lines of "I'm glad to start getting to know you, Cloud. And I mean the real you."

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Forsaken Lover;3598259]

Exactly. Cloud was confabulating and Aerith very well was able to differentiate between the characteristics he added to his personality and the remaining original characteristics that he did not supress. She wanted him to be fully restored and aware of how he normally is though and aware of his own life, with all the supressed part back on the surface and meet him in his fully restored condition.

Yes, I think this way too. Other than the spiky hair and uniform Cloud and Zack do not resemble eachother, Cloud's confidence and assertion that he was part of SOLDIER was initially what Aeris was drawn to but she establishes that the two of them are very different early on in the game and declares that she wants to see the real Cloud, which just further intensifies her curiosity and interest in Cloud later on.

Galuf
02-25-2016, 10:55 AM
What you talking 'bout? i wouldnt of went with any of them.
maybe:shifty:

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 11:02 AM

We know your true love is that chocolate marshmallow sailor Barret.
:love:

maybee
02-25-2016, 11:03 AM

^ Everything about this.

Aerith desired to know the real Cloud and was highly admired by the idea of becoming his future wife when Cait Sith made his prediction about Cloud/ Aerith's future in the Temple of the Ancients. She didn't want Zack 2.0 she wanted Cloud Strife. She saw some of the real Cloud within him and wanted more.

Cloud and Zack look alike but they are more like the Final Fantasy version of Ken & Ryu- they look alike, but they are completely different in personality and FF VII OG ! Cloud doesn't act really like Zack at all, just acts like what he thinks/ believes how a Solider would act- smug, heartless and confident. Zack is a womanizer, playful and outgoing.

Galuf

We know your true love is that chocolate marshmallow sailor Barret.
:love:

D-damn... how did you know?:mad2:

Fynn
http://orig01.deviantart.net/8c5a/f/2008/093/b/0/stupid_sexy_barret_by_grisser.png

Everyone knows, honey

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 11:07 AM
huahahahaha :lol: Go get him Cloud!

Midgar Mist
02-26-2016, 10:02 PM
http://orig01.deviantart.net/8c5a/f/2008/093/b/0/stupid_sexy_barret_by_grisser.png

Everyone knows, honey

I think this thread has turned into a gay bar. Ooo la la!

Fynn
02-26-2016, 10:19 PM
There's nothing gay about appreciating Barrett's ass. It is fiiiiine

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2016, 10:36 PM

You, I like you.

so Zack x Aerith

Sure, if Zack was alive, this would've been best. But he isn't. And that wasn't the hypothetical situation. Is Aerith not allowed to love after he died? That's silly.

And of course, if she liked Zack, why wouldn't she like someone else like him? That's normal. It's what people do in real life as well.

I also agree that CloudxTifa is the BFF vibe all the way. It's the "childhood friend" thing that Japanese seem to love, but we all know it never works out.

Sephiroth
02-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Zack being alive is a totally unnecessary to consider hypothetical situation. It would have resulted in Cloud not confabulating the same way when he met Tifa again and therefore turned out completely different on so many levels.

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerith.

Stop limiting yourself with societal norms. Who says these four can't all be together?

starlet
02-28-2016, 02:06 AM
Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerithxBarret.

Stop limiting yourself with societal norms. Who says these four can't all be together?

Fix'd

Midgar Mist
02-28-2016, 12:45 PM

You, I like you.

so Zack x Aerith

Sure, if Zack was alive, this would've been best. But he isn't. And that wasn't the hypothetical situation. Is Aerith not allowed to love after he died? That's silly.

And of course, if she liked Zack, why wouldn't she like someone else like him? That's normal. It's what people do in real life as well.

I also agree that CloudxTifa is the BFF vibe all the way. It's the "childhood friend" thing that Japanese seem to love, but we all know it never works out.

If the childhood friend thing was actually realistic I would be shacked up with Mark Rodley right about now. And he's a PE Teacher :barf:

maybee
02-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerithxBarret x Mukki

Fix'd

Fix'd even more :jess:

Galuf
02-28-2016, 01:25 PM
Let's all just go with CloudxTifaxZackxAerithxBarretxMukki

Stop limiting yourself with societal norms. Who says these six can't all be together?

Fix'd

Fix'd even even more :D

Bubba
02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Let's all just go with Cloud isn't good enough for any of these people.

Fix'd

Fix'd even even even more

Midgar Mist
02-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Are you spamming up the posts Bubba? How ironic ;-)

Midgar Mist
03-03-2016, 01:49 AM
Let's all just go with Cloud isn't good enough for any of these people.

Fix'd

Fix'd even even even more

Fix'd even even even even more HA!