PDA

View Full Version : Best SNES RPGs

Pumpkin
02-25-2016, 04:27 AM
What are the best RPG's on the SNES in your opinion? Add why if you want to. No limit, and doesn't have to be exclusive to the SNES, it just has to be playable on the SNES.

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Dragon Quest V
Terranigma
Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
Secret of Mana
Seiken Denetsu 3
Front Mission
Front Mission 2
Earthbound
Bahamut Lagoon
Tactics Ogre
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Radical Dreamers (technically from a SNES periphial)
Shin Megami Tensei II
Rudra no Hihou
Romancing Saga series
Live A Live

To be honest, it might be easier to list the games that weren't great on this system.

As for personal favorites Chrono Trigger, FFVI, DQV, Lufia 2, and Secret of Mana.

Vyk
02-25-2016, 06:19 PM
I loved what I played of Rudra

Seiken Densetsu 3 was good. Outside of that, Final Fantasy VI. Maybe Chrono Trigger, and FFIV. My standards were weird even back then. Didn't like Zelda, or Mario RPG..

Fynn
02-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Radical Dreamers is a visual novel, though

Del Murder
02-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Pretty much all of WK's list, though I haven't played most of those Japan-exclusive games. It's too bad more of those weren't localized for English.

Pike
02-25-2016, 08:33 PM
Super Mario RPG is my very favorite :D

Galuf
02-25-2016, 09:29 PM
FFIV V VI
Chrono Trigonometery

i think thats all ive played sorry ^^;

Blackmageboi
02-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Outside of what's listed I recommend The 7th saga. The game was quite grindy as the difficulty was set to 11 but the story and gameplay was a lot of fun.

krissy
02-26-2016, 01:25 AM
chrono trigger
ff6
front mission ?? does that count?

they are the best because they are the best

Vyk
02-26-2016, 04:11 AM
Pretty much all of WK's list, though I haven't played most of those Japan-exclusive games. It's too bad more of those weren't localized for English.
Emulating the fan translated versions not a viable option? They're widely available, and work well on emulators for hacked Wiis and PSPs as well :)