PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon New Announcement

Skyblade
02-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Well, Nintendo has been celebrating the 20th anniversary of Pokémon this year. With things like Pokémon Go in the works, the distribution of every pre-6th gen event legendary, and new goodies, there is a lot going on.

But what we're all looking forward to is announcements of more new stuff. And Nintendo may be delivering. Tomorrow morning (at 9 AM CST), there's going to be a Nintendo Direct focusing on just Pokémon. It's supposedly only just 5 minutes long, but that is plenty of time for a short retrospective and a trailer.

There are a ton of leaks going around about what is coming (some of them looking very legitimate: Serebii found trademarks and logos for the games Pokémon Sun and Moon from a European trademark site.). But whatever comes, it should give us something to talk about.

Fynn
02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Yay for Gen 7!

I've made a promise to myself that once they announce a gen7, I will avoid all info about it like the plague - I want to finally be able to jump ignorant into a Pokemon game again! No Pokemon leaks! No gym leader or story leaks, no gameplay leaks - NOTHING! I wanna play it like I'm ten again, dammit!

Galuf
02-25-2016, 03:24 PM
DAMN I MISSED THE SHAYMIN DARKRAI AND ARCEUS :(

i hope theres a gen 7, ill do what Fynn said. Maybe just maybe itll be as good as gen 4. (gen 6 has felt short life span, even though its run for like 4 years... ) one thing i hope is more legenderies Post Game

Fynn
02-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah, the post-game in gen 6 was pretty terrible :(

Skyblade
02-25-2016, 03:38 PM

i hope theres a gen 7, ill do what Fynn said. Maybe just maybe itll be as good as gen 4. (gen 6 has felt short life span, even though its run for like 4 years... ) one thing i hope is more legenderies Post Game

Nope. The only one you have missed thus far is Mew (distribution stopped on the 21st). Celebi is next month, then it goes down the list.

Darkrai is in May, Shaymin in July, and Arceus in August.
Complete List (http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html)

Galuf
02-25-2016, 03:41 PM

Nope. The only one you have missed thus far is Mew (distribution stopped on the 21st). Celebi is next month, then it goes down the list.

Darkrai is in May, Shaymin in July, and Arceus in August.
Complete List (http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html)

i just dont have a 3ds rn... but maybe ill get em.

Skyblade
02-25-2016, 04:02 PM
For anyone who read my previous spoiler, this tweet by Masuda seems like a pretty solid confirmation of it:
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/700214210483990528/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"The moon is out but it is so bright because the sun is out as well"

Freya
02-25-2016, 04:47 PM
My moon and my stars.... pokemon moons and stars

EXCITING

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 05:22 PM
sjshshwkajwn I'm so excited ^^

Formalhaut
02-25-2016, 05:24 PM
So have Nintendo stopped doing a 3rd version, now?

Fynn
02-25-2016, 05:28 PM
So have Nintendo stopped doing a 3rd version, now?

I SHOULD SMURFING HOPE SO!

Galuf
02-25-2016, 05:46 PM
see if they ever announce a remake to the explorers games. ill explode of hype.

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 05:58 PM

Do you mean the mystery dungeon series? The newest one just came out and you can recruit 720 pokemon, it's brilliant. Or do you mean remaking the first ones?

Galuf
02-25-2016, 06:08 PM

Do you mean the mystery dungeon series? The newest one just came out and you can recruit 720 pokemon, it's brilliant. Or do you mean remaking the first ones?

i mean specifically explorers of time darkness and sky. its never going to happen, but i just love those games

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 06:35 PM

i mean specifically explorers of time darkness and sky. its never going to happen, but i just love those games

I haven't played darkness but I've played sky ^^ Hopefully in the future there will be a remake, red and blue team seems like the most likely candidate for a remake if there was one though.

Personally I'd love to see a remake of Pokemon conquest, definitely one of my favourite if not favourite pokemon spin-off ^^

Fynn
02-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Conquest was amazing! :O

Rin Heartilly
02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Conquest was amazing! :O

Yaaas tactics style pokemon battles and kingdom management during the warring/unification period poke-nippon. The premise sounded so weird but it worked soooo well :love:

Jinx
02-25-2016, 07:09 PM
I MISSED MEW

BUT SHE'S MY FAVORITE D:

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA I WILL TRADE MY SOUL

Del Murder
02-25-2016, 07:16 PM
X/Y was such a huge step in terms of the visual aspects of the game and some gameplay aspects as well. I'd love to see the next version take some big leaps and not just be X/Y with new cities and pokemon.

Fynn
02-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Id like it to follow the tradition of even numbered generations being "expansion packs", while odd-numbered are "reboots". I actually loved his gen 5 made you use all-new Pokemon and I wish gen 7 did the same.

Depression Moon
02-25-2016, 08:21 PM
pokemon-sun.com
pokemon-moon.com redirect to the official site so this is likely to be true.

Galuf
02-25-2016, 08:55 PM
:hyper:

Fynn
02-26-2016, 10:21 AM
4.5 hours to go :hyper:

Galuf
02-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Sun and moon huh... well ill probably choose moon. i like the darker colours

Fynn
02-26-2016, 11:19 AM
I still have no idea because I love both for different reasons. I'll ask which one my brother will be getting so we can get opposite versions. The cover legendaries may also be a factor.

Fynn
02-26-2016, 01:57 PM
ONE HOUR LEFT, PEOPLE

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

Galuf
02-26-2016, 02:20 PM
its an Excadrill :cool:

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:04 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Right, so we're getting Sun and Moon and the eshop releases of red, blue, and yellow are going to be compatible with Pokemon Bank

Not that I'm not happy about the 7th gen coming out, but it's kind of underwhelming that this is all the info we got

Jinx
02-26-2016, 03:20 PM
WHAT ABOUT Z

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:21 PM
NO Z FOR YOU

Formalhaut
02-26-2016, 03:22 PM
If we had a Pokemon Z, we'd just have debates over the proper pronunciation of 'Z', and no-one would actually play Pokemon.

Galuf
02-26-2016, 03:24 PM
nah it wouldve been XY 2 xD (bw2 were awesome btw)

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:24 PM
nah it wouldve been XY 2 xD (bw2 were awesome btw)

Yes

TheKeybasHKey
02-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Anyway Pokémon Z would have to been very obvious.

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Guys

GUYS

Pokemon Sun and Moon are gonna abbreviate to Pokemon S&M

Galuf
02-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Guys

GUYS

am i missing something? :shrug:

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Guys

GUYS

Innocent Galuf, too good for this world, too pure :ohdear:

Galuf
02-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Guys

GUYS

Innocent Galuf, too good for this world, too pure :ohdear:

um ok.... ? im um uh thanks? im so confused

Skyblade
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Guys

GUYS

The "&" is usually omitted. No one talks about "Pokemon X&Y", it's just "Pokemon XY" or "Pokemon ORAS".

Fynn
02-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Close enough :p

Pumpkin
02-26-2016, 04:18 PM
What's this about S&...

Oh. Pokemon.

Rin Heartilly
02-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Whether I chose Sun or Moon will depend solely on the legendary pokemon on the box cover xD

(Who am I kidding, I'm gonna end up with both anyway, like I always do).

Guys

GUYS

If S is Slave and M is Master then....that's a pretty accurate analogy of pokemon in a nutshell...y'know without the kinky stuff o_____O"

Skyblade
02-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Well, anyway, I've been overanalyzing the Sun/Moon footage like a geek.

In the shots of the vehicles, we see a yellow truck with flashing lights and a Blastoise in the back, which makes me think it is definitely a fire truck.

Matching that theme, then, the big red truck whose back half is a pokeball would be an ambulance.

There's a green jeep with a Machamp, a Furfrou, and a Wobuffet in the back of it. Purpose unknown, but possibly related to the Safari zone since it's an off-road vehicle? There's also shots of the same model in several different colors.

The second shot of the big building by the fountain shows what looks like a player character, and a girl in a white dress with black highlights (or a black dress with an apron), and a white hat, standing next to a pink piece of luggage. So, I'm guessing it's a hotel?

Finally, the bird being modeled is not a Fletchling. Looking at the footage slowly shows that its head and body are separate, its head has a crest, and the color scheme is reversed, with the front of its face (including beak) being white, while the back of it is red. This color scheme and design put me in mind of a woodpecker, specifically a 67367.

Del Murder
02-26-2016, 08:38 PM
I would love to see a Pokemon that shakes things up. Like make the starters something other than fire/water/grass (how about fighting/psychic/dark?) and not have the standard three stage bird Pokemon you find in the first area (how about having a dragon type in the first area?), etc.

Fynn
02-26-2016, 08:47 PM
All that would seriously upset the balance of things, though. The fighting/psychic/dark trio aren't as versatile as fire/water/grass

Jinx
02-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Last gen they did Fire/Psychic - Water/Dark - Grass/Fighting. I'd love to see them make the secondary types go backwards so that all starters will be vulnerable to each other. That would make it more interesting.

Del Murder
02-26-2016, 08:53 PM
To Fynn: So? You have like 15 other games where you can play around with all that. Does anyone seriously get excited to see what the next grass starter will be? They're all virtually the same and inferior to the original trio, with the notable exception of Greninja.

To Jinx: Yes, that was cool and more of what I'd like to see.

Fynn
02-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Yes, I am excited to see the next fire starter, thank you very much :p

Del Murder
02-26-2016, 09:33 PM
http://chrisboth.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/takemymoney.jpeg

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2016, 11:40 PM
Still waiting on the day I get a 3DS Pokemon that allows me to have a pokemon follow behind me. >:(

Skyblade
02-27-2016, 06:02 AM
So, speculation on Sun/Moon:

Amiibo functionality?

They could put in an "amiibo stadium". You go there, use your amiibo, and it puts them in the game as a trainer that you get to fight, with Pokemon based on their design and themes. As you fight them more and more, they get higher level Pokemon, more Pokemon, their team evolves, better items, etcetera. All of this data can be saved to the amiibo, so you can then have your friends challenge your higher leveled favorite amiibo.

Rosalina gets Fairy types, baby pokemon, and those inspired by celestial objects. Starting with a Cleffa and Igglybuff, getting a Togepi. Her Pokemon evolve. She picks up a Jirachi, etcetera.

Kirby starts with Munchlax and Gulpin, and grabs a Bonsly (stone transformation and mimic Pokemon) and a Ditto later.

Little Mac gets Tyrogue and Machop.

Captain Falcon gets Hawlucha, Fletchling, Rufflet, etcetera.

Robin gets an Eevee, a Rayquaza, an Arceus, etcetera.

Corrin gets a Palkia, a Kyurem (varies between White and Black because of Conquest/Birthright), and more.

Then we get to non-Smash amiibo.

Tom Nook gets Meowth (Pay Day) and Cofagrigus (attracted to gold and consumes grave robbers) and basically Pokemon centered around money.

K. K. Slider gets Meloetta, Kricketune, and music themed Pokemon.

Chibi-Robo has Magnetite, Klink, and Steel/Electric types.

Honestly, these write themselves!

Depression Moon
02-27-2016, 02:05 PM
What no Hitmonchan for Little Mac? I thought that would be obvious.