PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lategame Setup? (No Freelancer/Mime)

Karifean
02-26-2016, 07:03 PM
So let's pretend the Freelancer and Mime don't exist so they don't screw up most of the lategame balancing in this game. What jobs / combinations of jobs do you prefer to use in the lategame?

I'm personally a big fan of Chemist and White Mage with Time magic for healing and support. Physical offense is a little complicated since there are so many jobs adept at it (Knight, Mystic Knight, Samurai, Gladiator, Ninja, Dragoon), but a Dual-Wielding Samurai or Gladiator both make for attractive choices.

What do you like to use?

Galuf
02-26-2016, 07:21 PM
damn, makes my Duo cast bahamut mime tactic fail.....

hmmm... ill try a different tactic on the steam version. (thanks shauna & matt)

Mirage
02-26-2016, 08:30 PM
samurai with counterattack or !dance, ninja with !rapidfire, white mage with !time, black mage with !blue

Vermachtnis
02-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Monk w/ Medicine
Ninja w/ XAttack
Black w/ Double
Summon w/ Blue

Saber
02-28-2016, 04:19 AM
Summoner + Double Cast
White + Blue
Samurai + Hunter
Thief + Geomancer

Midgar Mist
03-13-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm gaining a liking for Sorcerers. They have a good Max HP and seem to do better when they cast magic, as opposed to knights. I'm in the later stages of this game and I'm thinking along the lines of

Sorcerer/Blue
Samurai/Summon
Sorcerer/Black
Samurai/White

But will be tweaking as and when. More than one of my characters is at a high white magic level and two can use the Blue command. So I can mix it up as I see fit, maybe throw a Time command in on the one who is proficient.

I shall update when I find the exact formula that works for me