PDA

View Full Version : Hey from a newbie

LiaraLight
02-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone.
You can call me Light, it's nice to meet you all. :moogle:

I joined the forum today in hopes of making new friends on this forum and hopefully on my consoles and keeping up to date with all the news for Final Fantasy.

My favourite game is Final Fantasy VIII but it is a hard choice since I love so many of the games.
My favourite characters are Lightning Farron, Yuna, Zack Fair and Sorceress Ultimecia.

I'm also a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, Bioware games - primarily the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series and various Pokemon games. I also love the Alien franchise too!

I currently play a lot of games, including Final Fantasy XIV (I have a few characters on various European servers ^^) and Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

If you'd like to tell me more about yourself I would love that.
For example, which Final Fantasy characters are your favourites? ^^

Pheesh
02-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.

My favourite Final Fantasy is X but I really enjoy VIII as well and it was the first one in the series that I played. Mostly I'm here because I love Kingdom Hearts though :p

Pumpkin
02-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Welcome! I love Final Fantasy VIII and I'm a big fan of Yuna as well.

I'm currently playing Dragon Age Origins, my first Dragon Age game, and I've played Mass Effect 2, which I very much enjoyed.

Hope you stick around and post lots!

LiaraLight
02-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.

My favourite Final Fantasy is X but I really enjoy VIII as well and it was the first one in the series that I played. Mostly I'm here because I love Kingdom Hearts though :p

Thanks for the welcome! ^^ Final Fantasy X is an amazing game, it's actually my close second favourite after VIII haha. It was the first FF game I completed from start to finish. Have you played the remaster?

I can't believe I forgot to mention I love Kingdom Hearts *quickly goes to edit the post* xD

Pheesh
02-27-2016, 07:40 PM
I have the remaster for my PS Vita, it looks great on the small screen and I love being able to play it on the go (especially cause I can just put it on for a few minutes to play a game or two of blitzball).

Anyone who likes Kingdom Hearts is A-Okay with me :D

LiaraLight
02-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Welcome! I love Final Fantasy VIII and I'm a big fan of Yuna as well.

I'm currently playing Dragon Age Origins, my first Dragon Age game, and I've played Mass Effect 2, which I very much enjoyed.

Hope you stick around and post lots!

Thanks! Nice to meet you ^^ How are you finding Dragon Age Origins so far? Mass Effect 2 is truly a masterpiece! Have you played Mass Effect 3? After Final Fantasy VIII it's probably my favourite game along with Dragon Age II.

Yay for a fellow Yuna fan too, I just love how she is so selfless and kind and her character development into X-2 is really well done I think. As for FFVIII do you have a favourite Guardian Force? I really like Ifrit's design in VIII.

Galuf
02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Liara light hmm. hi welcome, i like ffxiii. but my fav is IX really all of them, hope you stay and talk ALL. THE. TIME!:mad2: bye :)

LiaraLight
02-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Liara light hmm. hi welcome, i like ffxiii. but my fav is IX really all of them, hope you stay and talk ALL. THE. TIME!:mad2: bye :)

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I've been meaning to sit down and play through IX actually, I haven't got too far with it yet but I liked the beginning. I like your avatar and signature ^^ Cloud is really cool.

LiaraLight
02-27-2016, 07:51 PM
I have the remaster for my PS Vita, it looks great on the small screen and I love being able to play it on the go (especially cause I can just put it on for a few minutes to play a game or two of blitzball).

Anyone who likes Kingdom Hearts is A-Okay with me :D

Oh nice! I'm planning to get it for the PS4 in the future, I can't wait to experience the game all over again. I used to loveee playing blitzball matches! I couldn't get rid of 'Keepa' quick enough xD for a dude with that name he's really not that good at catching the ball is he? haha

Galuf
02-27-2016, 08:17 PM
my ava/sig is for an event, it will probably change soon :lol:

Pheesh
02-27-2016, 08:26 PM
my ava/sig is for an event, it will probably change soon :lol:

I see how it is...

Galuf
02-27-2016, 08:39 PM
oh... im sorry :(

but.. but i dont want to waste fynns work either..

Psychotic
02-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Hello, welcome to EoFF! Record Keeper, you say? That's my addiction! What kind of relics do you have? :excited:

Pumpkin
02-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Thanks! Nice to meet you ^^ How are you finding Dragon Age Origins so far? Mass Effect 2 is truly a masterpiece! Have you played Mass Effect 3? After Final Fantasy VIII it's probably my favourite game along with Dragon Age II.

Yay for a fellow Yuna fan too, I just love how she is so selfless and kind and her character development into X-2 is really well done I think. As for FFVIII do you have a favourite Guardian Force? I really like Ifrit's design in VIII.

I am enjoying Dragon Age, but I'm not super far yet. I haven't played ME3 but it is on my never ending to play list.

I think Shiva from VIII is my favourite GF design

LiaraLight
02-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Hello, welcome to EoFF! Record Keeper, you say? That's my addiction! What kind of relics do you have? :excited:

Hi there! Thank you for the welcome ^^ It's awesome to find someone else addicted to that game xD I actually only started the app a few months ago, my highest character is only level 30 but I am working hard to catch up! As for relics, I invested some mythril to grab Cloud's Buster Sword for his Braver soul break :D but my last rare draw didn't get me anything that great unfortunately. It was so cool to get the free accessory for Yuna though since she was the Valentine's Day fave!

Do you have any cool relics and soul breaks? ^^

Psychotic
02-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Oh nice! They do a lot to help newer players bridge the gap so I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time! I've been playing since Day 1 so I have about 20ish relics :shobon: I have them for your favourites Lightning and Yuna and they're both pretty useful!

Pike
02-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Oooh that's awesome that you like the Alien franchise! "Aliens" is my favorite movie :D Also, welcome!

FFNut
02-28-2016, 02:36 AM
Welcome, I'm Nutty or Dave. Welcome to the boards. My favorite Fantasy is X and VI. Currently playing FF Tatics War of the Lions and Breath of Fire 2. Enjoy your Tim here and post lots.

Galuf
02-28-2016, 08:45 AM
Welcome, I'm NuttyDave.

Midgar Mist
02-28-2016, 09:08 AM
YESSSSS! SOMETHING IN WONDER SQUARE THAT ISNT HEROES AND VILLAINS!
ahem...what I mean is, welcome to the site
Light is a nice name with strong positive connotations, kudos :-)
Thanks for Highlighting the important bits, Midgar Mist hates text walls
Yuna is the best! Oh yes!
You shall fit in here :-D
See you in the Gaming Forums!

Galuf
02-28-2016, 09:11 AM

i'm a hero.

ultros is a villain.
YOU CANT ESCAPE :stare:

LiaraLight
02-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Oooh that's awesome that you like the Alien franchise! "Aliens" is my favorite movie :D Also, welcome!

Hi! Thanks for the welcome and highfive for Aliens! *highfives* xD Ellen Ripley is such a total badass. It's great to meet a fellow fan ^^

Welcome, I'm Nutty or Dave. Welcome to the boards. My favorite Fantasy is X and VI. Currently playing FF Tatics War of the Lions and Breath of Fire 2. Enjoy your Tim here and post lots.

Hi nice to meet you! Thanks for the welcome ^^ How are you finding Tactics war of the lions? I've only played Tactics Advance and I really loved that one. Marche was a great guy.

Hey there! Thank you for the welcome and the compliment on my nickname ^__^ You're welcome about the highlighting, I'm the same with a long post I have to have a bit of colour to point out the important stuff haha. Yay for Yuna! She really is a wonderful character. I will definitely see you in the gaming forums for sure! :)

FFNut
02-28-2016, 02:28 PM
I like War of the Lions. I played the original Tatics years ago, so getting used to the new translations as people and group names change is different, but I like the new translation quite a bit. Plus added class Dark Knight??? Sign Ramza up for that!

Dark_Valentine
02-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! My favorite is VII but I really like VIII as well...Vincent V. is my favorite character but Zell and Irvine both run a close second lol

Zanmato
02-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Welcome to EoFF, Liara!
Nice to meet you! :handshake:

FFX is the only game from the series I've played so far, but it's one of my favourite games - Does this count? :lol:
Anyway... Enjoy your stay! :hattip:

Vyk
02-28-2016, 04:22 PM
You are going to make a lot of friends here. Lots of diverse video game and character appreciation all around and plenty of people to share the love with

Have you played Alien: Isolation? It's one of my favorite current gen experiences so far (though it was also released on last gen consoles)

Bubba
02-28-2016, 04:29 PM
I'm Bubba, the newest member of EOFF staff. You're just in time to enjoy my tyrannical reign.

You already sound awesome LiaraLight. Your interests are perfect for our little community. Post lots :D

LiaraLight
02-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! My favorite is VII but I really like VIII as well...Vincent V. is my favorite character but Zell and Irvine both run a close second lol

Hey thanks for the welcome! That's really awesome, Vincent is a cool character I especially loved seeing him all shiny and HD in Advent Children and then in Dirge of Cerberus too ^^ Have you ever played that one? I like Zell's energy in FFVIII even if Seifer thinks he is a chickenwuss lol

Welcome to EoFF, Liara!

FFX is the only game from the series I've played so far, but it's one of my favourite games - Does this count? :lol:

Hiya! Lovely to meet you as well! Of course it counts! FFX is probably my second favourite after VIII! X was the first game I played without my brother helping me out xD and it was the first one I ever finished all the way through as well ^^ Do you have a favourite character from X? Aside from Yuna I also love Lulu and Auron.

You are going to make a lot of friends here. Lots of diverse video game and character appreciation all around and plenty of people to share the love with

Have you played Alien: Isolation? It's one of my favorite current gen experiences so far (though it was also released on last gen consoles)

Hi, I certainly hope I will make lots of friends! ^^ I have indeed played Alien: Isolation, I grabbed a copy of the Ripley Edition for the Xbox 360 but I do plan to buy another copy for the PS4 (I am a bit weird if I love a game I like to have it on multiple platforms haha xD). I haven't finished the story yet but I think I'm about half way through and loving it so far. The androids are so creepy lol

I'm Bubba, the newest member of EOFF staff. You're just in time to enjoy my tyrannical reign.

You already sound awesome LiaraLight. Your interests are perfect for our little community. Post lots :D

Hiya Bubba thank you for the welcome and for calling me awesome :D I will try my best to post lots for sure!
I actually wanted to ask, is there a requirement before a member can post blog posts? ^^ In the future I would love to write some blog posts for trophy guides for some Final Fantasy games.

Zanmato
02-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Welcome to EoFF, Liara!

Hiya! Lovely to meet you as well! Of course it counts! FFX is probably my second favourite after VIII! X was the first game I played without my brother helping me out xD and it was the first one I ever finished all the way through as well ^^ Do you have a favourite character from X? Aside from Yuna I also love Lulu and Auron.

But of course! Auron and Rikku are my favourite characters! :love:
I also like Lulu - she seems to be cold, but she has a golden heart. :hattip:

Rin Heartilly
02-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Heeey Welcome LiaraLight ^^ VIII is my favourite too, you have good taste, we're gonna get along juuuuust fine :D

LiaraLight
02-28-2016, 06:54 PM
Heeey Welcome LiaraLight ^^ VIII is my favourite too, you have good taste, we're gonna get along juuuuust fine :D

Hey nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to hear VIII is also your favourite! ^_^ I'm happy to hear you think we'll get along fine I sure hope so :D I am guessing you're a fan of Rinoa? I first played VIII when I was a young kid and I always wanted to be like Rinoa xD

Rin Heartilly
02-28-2016, 07:28 PM

Hey nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to hear VIII is also your favourite! ^_^ I'm happy to hear you think we'll get along fine I sure hope so :D I am guessing you're a fan of Rinoa? I first played VIII when I was a young kid and I always wanted to be like Rinoa xD

I'm sure we will \(^□^)/ Yes! I love Rinoa, she's my favourite after Squall :3 Rinoa and I somehow lookalike so she's become like my spirit animal +___+ And I love Yuna too shes one of my favourite ff protagonists :D What games are you playing atm?

LiaraLight
02-28-2016, 08:28 PM

I'm sure we will \(^□^)/ Yes! I love Rinoa, she's my favourite after Squall :3 Rinoa and I somehow lookalike so she's become like my spirit animal +___+ And I love Yuna too shes one of my favourite ff protagonists :D What games are you playing atm?

Aw that is so great that you look like Rinoa! Have you ever considered cosplaying as her? :D I'm really glad Yuna gets so much love she deserves it ^^ Actually today I started Borderlands 2 for the first time I'm enjoying it so far and I'm also currently replaying Final Fantasy VII (I'm near the end of it now) and I'm nearly always on XIV the MMO. How about you?

Karifean
02-29-2016, 12:01 AM
Hey there LiaraLight! Nice to have you here, we don't have too many Lightning and Ultimecia fans around.

My favorite game in the series is X, with Rikku and Auron being my favorite characters. :)

Laddy
03-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Enjoy your stay and please post liberally. We love new people here. :)

As for me I'm an aspiring model/actor and my favorite games in the series are IV, VI, VII, IX, and XII.

Bri
03-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Welcome LiaraLight, enjoy and have fun, make friends and post post post! Oh and you can call me Bri or Bena =)