PDA

View Full Version : Mr 33cm

Mr. Carnelian
02-29-2016, 03:30 PM
So, I discovered today that before his name was revealed, Snow was referred to as "Mr 33cm". Which is the size of his feet. Supposedly :jokey:

Is there anything else to say about this? :shrug: Maybe not, but I couldn't know this fact and not post about it. :p

Are there any "codenames" for video games characters - i.e what they called the character before the name was revealed - which stick out in your memory? And can you think of funny and/or suitable codenames they could have used for the characters of the XIII series?

Fynn
02-29-2016, 03:31 PM
God

Bubba
02-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Mario appears in the original Donkey Kong game. He wasn't called Mario though, he was called, quite imaginatively... Jumpman.

Fynn
02-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Mario appears in the original Donkey Kong game. He wasn't called Mario though, he was called, quite imaginatively... Jumpman.

Clearly someone hasn't been watching Game Theory. That's his dad, not Mario himself.

Galuf
02-29-2016, 04:00 PM

Clearly someone hasn't been watching Game Theory. That's his dad, not Mario himself.
but thats just a theory. a GAME THEORY. :cool:

Mr. Carnelian
02-29-2016, 04:04 PM

Nerd alert, nerd alert!

On a similar (?) note, I remember hearing somewhere that Lara Croft, of Tomb Raider fame, was originally going to be called Laura Cruz.

Fang's codename could have been "The Sass", because she IS the sass.

Fynn
02-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Can we move this to general gaming?

Bubba
02-29-2016, 04:09 PM

Mario's Dad was called Antonio Piazza and disowned him from birth.

Source: Knowledge

Mr. Carnelian
02-29-2016, 04:11 PM

Good idea. People seem to want to focus more on the general gaming angle rather than the XIII series angle.

Bubba
02-29-2016, 04:17 PM

Good idea. People seem to want to focus more on the general gaming angle rather than the XIII series angle.

Done.

Speaking of Donkey Kong, where the hell did that name come from?

Mr. Carnelian
02-29-2016, 04:20 PM
Speaking of Donkey Kong, where the hell did that name come from?

Maybe "Kong" from King Kong and Donkey from... something else? Maybe they saw a donkey go past the window or something, I don't know. :shrug:

Wolf Kanno
02-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Donkey was chosen because Miyamoto wanted a name that meant stubborn and looked it up in a dictionary.

Pac-Man was originally called Puck Man but was changed to Pac-Man when it came to the U.S. due to Puck rhyming with a particular swear word.

Mega Man is actually called Rockman and which is why all his companions have music reference names. Protoman's Japanese name for instance is Blues which if you know your music history, was the genre of music that inspired Rock n Roll.

Seven is the fan-nickname for the seventh party member in Xenoblade that joins you who happens to be a surprise.

Terra and Fang from the FF series both started out as males before getting a gender change.

Depression Moon
03-01-2016, 12:18 AM
I didn't know that about Terra.

Mirage
03-01-2016, 08:40 AM
i just want to chime in and say "mr 33 cm" is the dumbest placeholder name for a character i have ever heard in my entire 31 year long life.

Fynn
03-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Well someone's clearly jealous :p

Mirage
03-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Yes, I've always wanted to wear clown shoes.