PDA

View Full Version : World of Final Fantasy is basically a Digimon game

Freya
03-02-2016, 03:41 PM
It's a Digimon game with cute adorable Final Fantasy Characters! You'll be able to evolve your monsters as you go through the game. So you could say it could be like Pokemon as well. Square Enix gave us a big glimpse at this adorable entry with new updates to the official World of Final Fantasy website. (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/WOFF/)

There are a few features that will be available; such as the Arena where you'll be able to connect with friends to face off using your own Mirages. And several notable final fantasy Legends will be making appearances!

67435Squall:
"A hired soldier faithful to his duty from an organization called “SeeD.” He uses a special weapon known as the “Gunblade.” He’s been training with Lightning and Cloud, so you can see him with some visible wounds as of late."

67436Quintis:
An officer of the organization called “SeeD.” She’s usually busy with her managerial position so she hasn’t been able to practice too much. According to rumors, she likes card games.

67437Chocobolina Chocolatte:
She goes by the name “Chocolatte” in Grymoire. She’s an item-seller who appears in unexpected places and at unexpected moments.

The main characters live in a place called “Nine Woodshill,” and they’ll go on a journey to a mysterious world called “Grymoire.” At Grymoire, you’ll start out in Corneria and Saronia, then travel to various other places. The world has all four seasons, along with all kinds of different fields.

Mirages are the monsters of the world, and you can capture them! Of course you have meet certain conditions first before you're able to capture them, such as using a specific item among other various conditions. Once those conditions are met the Mirage will start to glow and once they do you can turn them into a gem and successfully befriend them! At that point you can even name them! There are some rare Mirages out there so you'll get to see all kinds of creatures.

Using the Mirage Board, you can add new abilities and increase parameters for your befriended Mirages. As shown in the above image, it shows paths for unlocking abilities and power-ups. Each space uses up SP (Skill Points) to unlock, and there are some that require special conditions to unlock as well. As long as you're taking your Mirages with you, even if you're not using them in battle, they will gain SP and level up! Your abilities will carry over when you get to your next level on your Mirages but you can always revert back for aesthetic reasons. What aesthetic reason welllll....

Eventually all that leveling will produce results and your Mirages will hit a Transformation point in their Mirage Board. As you can see here with Ifchi, using the transformation you can have your Mirage transform into an Ifrit! That's right! You evolve your Mirages to get your traditional summons! That's where the monster raising part comes in that reminds us of Digimon and Pokemon.

World of Final Fantasy is set to come out in Japan in 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. No world as of yet on a Western release but with how adorable and fun the game looks, we're hoping we get it!

What are your thoughts about World of Final Fantasy?

Big thanks to Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/01/world-final-fantasy-kind-like-digimon-cute-final-fantasy-characters/) for translating the site and providing us the info today!

Fynn
03-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Looks AWESOME :omgomg:

Pumpkin
03-02-2016, 03:46 PM
I hope it gets a Western Release. I am digging the chibi style of it all :D

Freya
03-02-2016, 03:48 PM
The second "transformation" of ifrit is adorable.

Fynn
03-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm more of an Ifchi man myself ;)

Freya
03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Did you... did you just challenge me? The second one is the best. It's cute without going overboard :colbert:

Fynn
03-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Did you... did you just challenge me? The second one is the best. It's cute without going overboard :colbert:

Uh... No it isn't? Okay? The second form looks like someone's fursona or a Deviantart Sonic OC. The first one is cute and simple with big eyes and geometric shapes. It's pretty much a Pokemon.

Freya
03-02-2016, 04:05 PM

Uh... No it isn't? Okay? The second form looks like someone's fursona or a Deviantart Sonic OC. The first one is cute and simple with big eyes and geometric shapes. It's pretty much a Pokemon.
But the second one looks like a digimon, which are better. THe article doesn't say "Is basically a pokemon game" no it says digimon because reasons.

That article writer here is probably pretty accurate with their perception. It IS an article.

Pumpkin
03-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I like the third one mostest

Freya
03-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Oh damnit pumpkin, you can't do this too. The second one is the bestest.

Fynn
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM

Well, you get points for liking awesome.

Unlike Freya who's just a furry, it's official :colbert:

Pumpkin
03-02-2016, 04:08 PM
I like the first one leastest though so I mean

Freya
03-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Nothing wrong with furrys man, don't hate.

Just appreciate number 2 is the best one.

Fynn
03-02-2016, 04:16 PM
You guys are the worst :colbert:

Galuf
03-03-2016, 12:33 AM
i liked the 34th one tbh but either way. its not Bahamut!

TheKeybasHKey
03-03-2016, 04:53 AM
Since the moment i saw the pictures of the Ifchi to Ifrit somewhere in the internet. I knew there was something weird going on, i don't think it screams Digimon.

For the moment it looks amazing, i just wonder who is THE FINAL BOSS?!

And who is this?

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/WOFF/images/chara/key02.png

Fynn
03-03-2016, 06:02 AM
The kana says "serafi", so maybe it's the first stage of the Seraph summon?

TheKeybasHKey
03-03-2016, 08:20 PM
The kana says "serafi", so maybe it's the first stage of the Seraph summon?

I don't know it's in the section of "key" characters.