PDA

View Full Version : Neglected Party Members

Forsaken Lover
03-06-2016, 10:00 PM
So with FFIX I switched things up and used Amarant for my endgame party. With FFVII, there are a few characters I never use outside forced sections like Red, Barret, Cid and Cait Sith.

However I'm thinking I'll try and change that this run. I'm alread using Barret post-Midgar and I might try out Cid, as well.

Also I wish I could neglect Edge from FFIV. There's a reason the only version I completed was Advance where I could dump his worthless ass.

Anybody you never use? Also why don't you use them?

Galuf
03-06-2016, 10:06 PM
i always try to use a different team each playthrough because its fun ^^

oh wait now i have to use snow.... damnnn

Vermachtnis
03-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Gau, Mog, and Umaro never got much use. I know Gau can get broken if you put the time in, but meh.
Red XIII and Vincent. Never really cared much for them.
Freya and Armerant.
Kimahri.

Huh, I don't use the animals. Never noticed before.

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Nowadays, I make it a point to try out different characters and not to really neglect anyone. In the past I was pretty bad about this though.

Depression Moon
03-06-2016, 11:32 PM
I don't neglect anyone. I'm glad Edward is only temporary in IV, because he'd make a terrible permanent member. Can't take a hit and can't dish out one either. The only character in a RPG that's on his level that I'm aware of is Chibi Moon.

maybee
03-06-2016, 11:57 PM
FF VI- Gau. Sorry I just cannot be bothered with him. Sorry Gau. I feel so awful each time. Umaro he's just that annoying berserk character.

FF VII- Cait Sith. Cait's big moogle body is way too big for the screen and it makes it difficult and annoying to heal others.

FF VIII- Quistis Trepe. I hate her.

I wish I had the GBA version of FF IV because I would love to dump Edge as well. Edge is a pig and Edge x Rydia is just gross.

Formalhaut
03-07-2016, 01:35 AM
I don't know, I tend to use everyone rather frequently in most of the games I play. I suppose the only exception is Vaan in FFXII - I can't stand looking at his emaciated abdominals.

Pumpkin
03-07-2016, 01:43 AM
I try to evenly use each character

Shiva95
03-07-2016, 01:42 PM
I try to use every character, but sometimes I just can't:
FFVII - Cait Sith. I just can't stand him.
FFVIII - I use Quistis only when we have to use her because I don't really like her.
FFX - Kimahri. He's good in a lot of skills, but the others are better :/

Loony BoB
03-07-2016, 01:57 PM
VI - Terra, Setzer, Strago, Gogo
VII - Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith and, to a lesser extent, Cid and Aeris.
VIII - Irvine, and to a lesser extent, Selphie & Quistis
IX - Amarant and Freya

I find X, XII and XIII really benefit from levelling everyone up so I tended to rotate a lot more often. I probably used Yuna/Penelo/Hope least in those three games just because I wasn't a huge fan of them.

Rez09
03-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Meliadoul.

There are a lot of characters in the series I don't especially like or use often, but she is the ONLY character I completely forgot existed, which has to be the epitome of neglected. When she joined me the last time I played FFT, I thought she was a War of the Lions addition.

Then I benched her and forgot she existed again.

Colonel Angus
03-08-2016, 04:23 AM
In Tactics, it would be the siblings Bling & Blang or whatever their names were. I didn't care for their random special ability.

In XII & X I use everyone in rotation.

In VI it is Umaro & Gau. Gau I don't want to bother w/ after a while, :ffvistrut: & not crazy about Berserk Umaro. :bou: The old guy & his granddaughter are two others. :ffvisleepy: :ffvitrouble:

Forsaken Lover
03-09-2016, 11:13 AM
I think I realized why I've never really used Cid or Vincent.

I am at about 30 hours and while I've done some grinding here and there for Gil and items, I haven't done any Limit grinding at all. In fact, I've never really grinded for Limits with my main party. Yuffie is still at Level 1 this run but that's because she's been in more of a suppport role but usually she has Level 2 or 3 by now just naturally. And if you are using Aerith or Barret or Tifa, and assuming you've been fighting most encounters, you will have gotten their Limits pretty far along by this point without grinding. Obviously same for Cloud.

Then here comes Cid and Vinny-Mac. I've never seen Cid's Level 2, 3 or 4 Limits because I never bothered to grind him all the way up to that. And at this point, I don't know if I should even bother. I replaced Barret with Cid, hoping to try out something new and different. But man, I am missing Barret and his Level 3 Limits. He's been the real damage dealer this run.

And I dunno what the hell is up with Vincent. He doesn't have a second stage to his Limits so I dunno how he progresses. I tried getting him to turn into the Beast a lot and still no Level 2.

Rez09
03-09-2016, 05:16 PM
It's been a long time, but don't you get new limit levels by killing a certain number of enemies with that character? Maybe that's what you need to do. :)

Saber
03-09-2016, 08:58 PM
I never used Vincent as he goes berserk when he uses his limits. Also he only has 4 beasts he turns into, one for each level. I never used Cait Sith cause he only has two limits. I never used Irvine from VIII cause I hate buying/selling ammo. I never really used quina either seeing as I usually only use Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Stenier.

However I do go on playthroughs where I use them. They just aren't my favorites. I got all of the rages in VI. I have gotten all blue magic for every final fantasy. I typically play to get 100% of everything. I also usually level all the characters to the max level.

DarkBahamut
03-12-2016, 05:45 AM
Cait Sith, Selphie, and Kimarhi almost automatically get put on the bench for me :/ Sorry not sorry.

In FF9, Zidane (obv), Vivi, and Steiner are essential for me, everyone else I don't really care for much, but the fourth member normally ends up being Garnet because you normally want a white mage.