PDA

View Full Version : Jobs and Classes For Everyoneq

Forsaken Lover
03-07-2016, 03:35 AM
So even though anyone can theoretically do anything in games like FFVII, X, XII and XIII, most characters are still built a certain way that it's obvious what they were intended to be.

Like, I recall there was an article on here once about how sexist FF was for only having ladies b e White Mages. But for all practical purposes, Hope is the White Mage of XIII.
Meanwhile, Sazh would be the Red Mage with thoroughly middling stats and abilities.
Fang is obvious Dragoon with really high HP and Str.
Vanille is Black Mage.
Snow isa Monk. uses Fists and has the highest HP in game.
I'm not sure what Light is.

And I'm not sure about the other games. I was just giving some examples to start off with. What classes would you say the various characters fit?

Saber
03-07-2016, 04:55 AM
Locke thief or should I say, treasure hunter
Terra - Summoner
Edgar - warrior (although he is odd)
Sabin - Monk
Shadow - Ninja
Celes - White mage
Setzer - gambler
Cyan - Samurai
Gau - Beastmaster
Strago - Blue mage
Relm - token unique class
Mog - Geomancer
Gogo - Mime
Umaro Berserker

Final Fantasy VII
Cloud - Warrior
Barret - Shooter
Tifa - Monk
Aeris - White Mage
Red XIII - Token unique class
Yuffie - Ninja
Vincent - Berserker/shooter
Cid - Dragoon

Final Fantasy VIII
Squall - Warrior
Zell - Monk
Selphie - Ninja/gambler
Quistis - Blue Mage
Irvine - Shooter
Rinoa - token unique class

Final Fantasy X
Tidus - Warrior
Yuna - White mage/summoner
Lulu - Black Mage
Wakka - gambler
Auron - warrior
Rikku - NOT thief (alchemist)

Final Fantasy XII
Vaan - Thief
Ashe - white mage
Bashe - warrior
Balthier - Shooter
Fran - black mage
Penelo - ???? (she runs faster then the other members it seems)

Final Fantasy XIII
Lightning - Warrior
Hope - Black mage
Vanille - red mage
Snow - monk
Sazh - green mage
Fang - dragoon

Colonel Angus
03-07-2016, 05:55 AM
In the GBA version of FFVI, they give job classes to all the characters. Edgar is actually a Machinist. The character profiles on the final fantasy wiki has each character's job class. Many are original (like Relm being a Pictomancer & Gau a Feral Youth).

Depression Moon
03-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Well everyone does have their defined roles in X with the exception of Kimahri. I can't really think of anything for VII or VIII as there's nothing to work with there. Nevermind, yeah they're all Freelancers.

I got disagree with Sabre about Rikku not being a thief. That's her exclusive ability there and emphasized a bit more in other games since she can one hit kill machines with it. She can be both a thief and an alchemist.

I'd also have to give Wakka and Tidus their own categories, especially Wakka. He uses a long ranged weapon and focuses on inflicting status ailments through physical hits. The gambling part only comes into play with his overdrive. Tidus is quick like a thief, but hits harder than one, and has time magic. Lulu and Yuna are pretty much clear. Kimahri is a Freelancer with a Blue Mage overdrive.

Colonel Angus
03-08-2016, 04:15 AM
For FFX, I would categorize the characters as:

Yuna: Summoner/White Mage
Tidus: Warrior/Time Mage
Auron: Knight/Breaker/Samurai
Rikku: Thief/Alchemist
Lulu: Black Mage
Wakka: Ranger (Archer)
Kimahri: Dragoon (Lancer)/Blue Mage