PDA

View Full Version : Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2016, 04:48 PM
I think I kno why everyone hates the Gold Saucer music now. It is the theme of despair,frustration and hopelessness.

I am playing a difficulty mod for FFVIIPC called the Hardcore Mod. It's been very fun up until this point, just the right level of challenge. But now... Several hours at the Battle Arena later, I have nothing to show for it except a controller that I am trying hard not to break.I know you don't have to win to get the Keystone but it's a matter of pride at this point. I've come so close too many times to just let it go. I also recall Dio gives you a prize but that matters much less than fucking saying I did it.

And if I can't do it, then the game will go unbeaten.

...or I'll finally cave and just continue onward with my head hung low in shame.

Karifean
03-10-2016, 09:44 PM
gjoerulv's mod I take it? Wasn't there like this immensely overpowered pyramid monster that's all but impossible to beat solo, and it appears in the Battle Square? Even if not, the Battle Square is a sick difficulty spike in the original so it doesn't surprise me to see it being even more insane in this mod.

Pike
03-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Wait, who hates the Gold Saucer music? It's like the best music in the entire game.

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2016, 11:27 PM
gjoerulv's mod I take it? Wasn't there like this immensely overpowered pyramid monster that's all but impossible to beat solo, and it appears in the Battle Square? Even if not, the Battle Square is a sick difficulty spike in the original so it doesn't surprise me to see it being even more insane in this mod.

I was lucky not to run into that but yes, it is his mod. I really do like it but I am not looking forward to trying to get Omnislash....

I finally won. by the by. It's ironic, actually. I cleared the gauntlet where all the handicaps were "Materia Broken." Somehow, I made it to the very end before Magic was broken. The final fight was with one of those dudes on pendulum thing from Nibelheim Mansion and, judging by the fact Leviathan did 114 damage, I don't think my magic would have been very effective.

It took 2 Elixirs, all of my X Potions and 1 Turbo Ether but I beat it.

And my reward was...a Protect Vest and Choco Feather????? I already have those!

I reloaded and just lost immediately. I proved I could do it, I got nothing to be ashamed of. I am not losing my precious Elixirs.

Jinx
03-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Wait, who hates the Gold Saucer music? It's like the best music in the entire game.

Madame Adequate
03-11-2016, 12:13 AM

Not emptyquoting.

Slothy
03-11-2016, 12:23 AM
I'm not even close to the biggest FFVII fan in the world and I could listen to that music all day.

Formalhaut
03-11-2016, 12:32 AM
The music is so infectious. Damn how it loops in my head!

Skyblade
03-11-2016, 02:49 AM

I wouldn't go that far. But, even with the repetition, it never wore out its welcome the way, say, Shuffle or Boogie did in FFVIII (seriously, that track, just, ARGH!). It's always happy and peppy and awesome. A good way to calm you down after the tense battles.

Formalhaut
03-11-2016, 02:57 AM
I loved the juxtaposition you get with the Golden Saucer's chirpy music, offset by the massacre which occurs during your first visit.

BustaMo
03-17-2016, 09:37 PM
I loved the idea of the Gold Saucer, but honestly I only stayed in there for the Chocobo Races and the prizes you obtained from there. I think I gave every other area in there a chance and tried each game or contest once, but most of my times was spent at the race tracks. I kinda went in there, got what I needed, and left. Pretty sure I never returned after I got what I needed.

Wolf Kanno
03-18-2016, 05:28 AM

:smallwave:

sinuosity
03-18-2016, 06:20 AM
I loved the juxtaposition you get with the Golden Saucer's chirpy music, offset by the massacre which occurs during your first visit.

Totally this. Great scene, almost as good as the Shinra Tower one.

Bubba
03-18-2016, 08:59 AM

Aptly, the music does change when you discover all the death and carnage. It becomes a lot more sombre. Though it would be hilarious if they just left the Gold Saucer theme playing!