PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls 2

Bri
03-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Has anyone played any of the Dark Souls game? What is your take on it. Bert and I started playing and both like and enjoy it. My son Arkin also played it. I asked him why he is not playing it anymore he said he got scared. So he went back to Mortal Kombat instead. So it is just me and Bert.

Spuuky
03-11-2016, 05:02 AM
I've played through Dark Souls 1 and 2 and all the DLC in both. They're great. DS2 has significantly worse stage design and isn't as exquisitely balanced as the first game, but it was still a lot of fun.

krissy
03-11-2016, 05:25 AM
there's a very good thorough thread from back in the day on this forum about these games and the process some of us went through to complete them

they are some of my faves

i can't count the hours i've spent in both

Sephex
03-11-2016, 09:21 AM
I've only tinkered with the original Dark Souls and Bloodbourne, but I put a lot of time into Dark Souls 2. I liked it! Though I can tell just by the bit of the other games that they are better, but as most people said, that doesn't mean 2 was a bad game.

Spuuky
03-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Also the Fume Knight can go to hell

escobert
03-13-2016, 07:04 AM
Now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm really enjoying playing. I can't wait to pick up a copy of the first game and see how the third will be.

Any of you use magic classes? I'd think they'd be pretty difficult.

Pete for President
03-13-2016, 09:13 AM
Now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm really enjoying playing. I can't wait to pick up a copy of the first game and see how the third will be.

The first is by far my favourite for several reasons you will probably find out on your own :p glad you are getting into these games!

Magic classes are actually fairly easy in both games. Especially in Dark Souls 1 the sorcerer class is considered to be one of the easiest classes to start out with, but if you are playing blind without guides (which I would recommend) it is easy to miss out on late-game spells.

Sephex
03-13-2016, 06:35 PM

The first is by far my favourite for several reasons you will probably find out on your own :p glad you are getting into these games!

Magic classes are actually fairly easy in both games. Especially in Dark Souls 1 the sorcerer class is considered to be one of the easiest classes to start out with, but if you are playing blind without guides (which I would recommend) it is easy to miss out on late-game spells.

I think in DS2 using magic makes a lot of battles much easier, especially when you get multiple spells and good enough stats to have tons of "ammo". I actually have sort of a Red Mage-like character in DS2 that is capable of wielding decent melee weapons in one hand, and have tons of magic in the other.