PDA

View Full Version : @EyesonFF

FFNut
03-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Just found the site Twitter. Who else in on here to follow?

Freya
03-11-2016, 05:56 PM
OH HAY! I haven't been paying attention to our twitter this week. Whoops. Matt and I run it :D Here's a handy link for everyone. (https://twitter.com/eyesonff)

I have my personal account i pretty regularly post on too. Freya_meow (https://twitter.com/Freya_Meow) I tend to post more Blizzard stuff there. Currently i'm obsessed with overwatch. Sorry not sorry.

Pumpkin
03-11-2016, 06:04 PM
I always forget I have a twitter. I should start using it to tweet all the vidya game stuff

FFNut
03-11-2016, 06:06 PM
I use mine mostly to tweet about #HockeyStuff but would like to break out into a new zone for it.

Pike
03-11-2016, 06:27 PM
I have one but I don't use it much anymore. I'm more active on tumblr these days. @pikestaff (https://twitter.com/pikestaff) though!

Fox
03-11-2016, 06:28 PM
I often have nothing better to do but post on my twitter (https://twitter.com/Britpoint1). ^_^

Usually it's either about making games, playing games or anime.

Freya
03-11-2016, 06:31 PM
You all should follow the eyeson twitter for special... reasons... :shifty:

Formalhaut
03-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Ugh, I run my University society twitter, but I don't have one of my own. Twitter doesn't... grab me.

SammieBabe
03-11-2016, 08:01 PM
I have a Twitter for both myself, and my blog. I think I follow Eyeson, but not 100%... I will make sure I am if not already.

I'm pretty boring and go through spurts of inactivity, but anyone is welcome to follow me.

Me - @SamImperiatrix
Blog - @DeadRoyalDaily - on hiatus at the moment. If you're not in Royal History or jewelry, probably not your thing.

Pheesh
03-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Twitter is the worst. I do have one set up for when I start youtubing properly again but at the moment it just lays there dormant.

@philbafiledrums (https://twitter.com/philbafiledrums)

Bubba
03-12-2016, 12:22 AM
@DannyJB80

Everything I tweet is genius.

Pheesh
03-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Twitter is the worst. I do have one set up for when I start youtubing properly again but at the moment it just lays there dormant.

@philbafiledrums (https://twitter.com/philbafiledrums)

You don't get to say twitter is stupid if you have one. Even if you don't do anything with it. :zombert:

Of course you do. The sad fact is that some drummers and companies are more active with their fans and consumers on Twitter than other forms of social media. In order to interact with them I will need a Twitter of my own and eventually I'll have to keep it updated regularly as well.

But as a concept it's stupid because everything it does can be done better on Facebook. It just got popularised because vacuous celebrities don't need more than 140 characters to express what's going on in their heads.

Colonel Angus
03-12-2016, 02:47 AM
I tend to follow a lot of people/things on Twitter & get overwhelmed whenever I go on it. I rarely post on it, but for a while was really into it.

Fox
03-12-2016, 02:57 AM
But as a concept it's stupid because everything it does can be done better on Facebook. It just got popularised because vacuous celebrities don't need more than 140 characters to express what's going on in their heads.

Twitter is super good for at-a-glance news-getting, and live interactions during an event. I like having it on during the F1 races, as the people I follow generally have topical jokes as they tweet along with it, which is fun. The 140 character limit is really good for comedy because it forces you to be sharp and concise. Also, if all you have is a funny gif and you waste an entire Facebook post with it? That makes you the devil. But it's perfect Twitter fodder :)

Of course, it's not so good when you want to have any kind of longer discussion. You know those tweets that are like 1/2

this because you can't fit everything into 140 characters? That's Twitter's way of telling you your point is unwelcome here 2/2.

Pheesh
03-12-2016, 03:12 AM
I'll concede that it works well for at a glance news (even though facebook's trending sidebar does essentially the same thing), but I prefer using Reddit to follow along with sports because you can have a proper discussion, not just one liners. Also on Reddit you can choose to interact with either the entire community of people watching that game or just the fans of your team, which is nice if you want to avoid rage.

I just think Twitter is a fundamentally sub-par product that got way too popular due to celebrity use.

Formalhaut
03-12-2016, 03:22 AM
It's the 140 characters or less thing that I dislike. Look, I write in full sentences, and I can't stand abbreviating things like I'm using text-speak. Give me more words to play with! :cry:

Fox
03-12-2016, 03:44 AM
It's the 140 characters or less thing that I dislike. Look, I write in full sentences, and I can't stand abbreviating things like I'm using text-speak. Give me more words to play with! :cry:

I hate doing that as well, but I quite like the challenge of trying to fit a complete thought into 140 characters. It's not good for every scenario.

I just think Twitter is a fundamentally sub-par product that got way too popular due to celebrity use.

Reddit's fine as well, but I don't like using it for live stuff much. I got to /r/spacex for all the launches, but I find that everything gets lost in the live chats because you have so many new posts coming up at once. You have the same thing on Twitter if you're looking at the 'live' results to a search, but by default if you're looking at your timeline it's already filtering out duplicate information and a lot you probably don't care about. As for being a sub-par product? I guess it depends what you're looking for. Personally it's my most used social media platform, and I don't really follow many celebrities except Wil Wheton.

Maybe it gets worse when the numbers get too big. I currently follow 119 people, but only a few of those are *very* active. I imagine if you have a thousand or so the timeline is going to get very messy.

Pheesh
03-12-2016, 11:52 PM
No, I just said it got popular because people wanted access to celebrities that started using it. It's obviously been around long enough now to turn into its own thing. I also said that nothing twitter does can't be done on facebook (better), which I stand by. Twitter didn't invent sharp, succinct comedy, nor did it invent small snippets of news; and for every person who uses their 140 characters for a short, witty, thought, you have probably 10 people who simply tlk lyk dis 2 fit wat dey gota say in2 da lmit. And why do they do that? Because the other half of their 140 limit post is tagging celebs for a RT or slapping unnecessary hashtags on there (although Instagram is admittedly worse for this).

I would prefer to give the smart/funny/inspirational people that I want to hear from an unlimited amount of text and have them decide if they want to be short and to the point with it, or long and eloquent in their writing.

FFNut
03-13-2016, 01:11 AM
Just made a new Twitter after a Twittercide @YoCanuck if you guys wish to follow.

Edit Think I followed everyone. If I missed you send me an angry tweet and I'll follow.

Vasher
03-13-2016, 06:26 AM
I have someone running social media for one of my cos, including Twitter, but I don't "Twit". I don't do "text typing" either. The whole thing just screams "Idiocracy" to me. Not trying to piss anyone off. I still communicate via email sometimes, some might find that to be rudimentary.

Freya
03-13-2016, 08:01 AM
I use twitter to promote EoFF as a brand and I tweet for myself toward like minded nerds. Met a shit ton of great WoW artists that way. It's all about how you use it.

If you think meeting other people who share interests and share awesome art is "idiocracy" then that's a strange idiocracy you believe.

Pheesh
03-13-2016, 10:22 AM
I use twitter to promote EoFF as a brand and I tweet for myself toward like minded nerds. Met a shit ton of great WoW artists that way. It's all about how you use it.

If you think meeting other people who share interests and share awesome art is "idiocracy" then that's a strange idiocracy you believe.

There are websites that allow you to meet other artists specifically and offer functionality for actually sharing your art in a gallery format. You can then comment on each other's work and have a proper conversation about it. Like I said, my hand is going to be forced in using it for promotional purposes, but what I can actually do on Twitter itself is basically limited to linking the video (without an embed feature... in 2016) and talking about it in 140 character strings of text.

Once again I'll say it, Twitter is not the best at doing anything, it just got popular and now gets used.

FFNut
03-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Please people. Internetting on The Twitter dot com is serious business!

Pheesh
03-13-2016, 03:49 PM
I just don't like being told I can't criticise something simply because my hand is forced into using it :zombert:

Bri
03-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Don't have one, don't need one. I am fine with facebook and eoff.

Fox
03-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Once again I'll say it, Twitter is not the best at doing anything, it just got popular and now gets used.

Maybe you used to be right, but not after the introduction of the gif button. It's a revolution in gif based reaction media! :D

Sephex
03-13-2016, 08:18 PM
https://twitter.com/sephex1982

There is mine. Stuff from my instagram gets thrown on there and I tell bad jokes.

Karifean
03-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Here's mine. (https://twitter.com/Karifean) I rarely tweet anything though, I just use it to follow people.

Pheesh
03-14-2016, 12:17 AM
I just don't like being told I can't criticise something simply because my hand is forced into using it :zombert:

no one is forcing you to use it

I explained how I would put myself at an unnecessary detriment by not having one. So long as other people use it, as an struggling entertainer, I will be forced to use it to maximise exposure.

Freya
03-14-2016, 12:56 AM
You can have the right to criticize and people can criticize the fact that you criticized! Thus the power of the internet!

Vasher
03-14-2016, 10:23 PM

You're right. "The whole thing ..." was more so directed at "text typing" and a generalization of Twitter. "For the most part..." would have been more appropriate (regarding Twitter).

Pike
03-14-2016, 10:45 PM
I used to be a big fan of Twitter but I've admittedly soured on it as time has gone on. I still think it's a valuable service overall but the company itself is making some weird changes and I'm just kind of starting to prefer other social media outlets.

I still use it but not nearly as much as I used to, haha. It's kind of like a big chatroom, which is nice sometimes, but it also means it's all about the community and who you follow (and who follows you).