PDA

View Full Version : Least favourite part of DA

FFNut
03-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Just wondering what part of the Dragon Age world people dread doing?

For or me it's the Fade. I hate going into the fade in any of the DA's. It seems to just drag through.

Shauna
03-13-2016, 03:45 PM
Anything that required me entering into combat. Curse my enjoyment of being the tank!

Pike
03-13-2016, 04:17 PM
the Fade

Yeah sounds about right

Forsaken Lover
03-13-2016, 04:57 PM
The Fade in Origins

Combat in Inquisition, especially combat with dragons.

Formalhaut
03-13-2016, 06:13 PM
The Fade sections can drag, it's true.

Funnily enough, I hated collecting the shards over and over again, and doing those astrariums in Inquisition. Ugh.

Vermachtnis
03-13-2016, 07:38 PM
I hated the Mage Tower arc in general. I always put it off to do last.

Spuuky
03-13-2016, 09:13 PM
Man, I love the Fade. =/

My least favorite parts of DA are:

1. Re-entering the same cave in DA2 for the 25th time
2. Crafting in any of them

DMKA
03-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Like so many others, I loathe the Fade portion of Origins.

Mr. Carnelian
03-13-2016, 10:15 PM
I always really liked the Fade sections, actually. The Deep Roads are what get me down a bit. Yay, more underground caverns and glowing minerals. SUCH fun. :roll2

Although, having said that, the 'Descent' DLC in Inquisition was starting to take the Deep Roads in an interesting new direction.

FFNut
03-13-2016, 11:48 PM
I always like the deep roads. Alway wanted to explore more of them and try to learn what happened with the dwarfs. How was it that only two cities were able to survive while all the others fell. Just interested in the dwarf lore made it part of my favorite section I guess.

Formalhaut
03-14-2016, 12:21 AM
The Origins fade section was... long, but interesting. The Inquisition fade section was more involving, and less complicated.

Honestly, I didn't like The Hissing Wastes section of Inquisition. It was a fairly dull area, besides the Tomb of Fairel quest. And the Forbidden Oasis was fine, but getting the shards in that area was difficult due to the different elevations.

Oh, and doing those myriad fetch quests in Inquisition is annoying and takes up a lot of time.

As for the other games, it has been a while since I played them. I found Witch Hunt to be a fairly boring, dull DLC.

Pike
03-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Honestly it's not even that I dislike the Fade (in Origins), it's actually kind of interesting both story-wise and mechanics-wise, I just feel like it takes approximately ten million years to do.

Del Murder
03-14-2016, 08:48 PM
I liked the Fade, too. Mixes things up a bit.

My least favorite part was definitely map overuse in DA2. And useless junk accumulation in all of them but less so in DA2.

Freya
03-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Honestly it's not even that I dislike the Fade (in Origins), it's actually kind of interesting both story-wise and mechanics-wise, I just feel like it takes approximately ten million years to do.
Dat.

The reused maps in 2 didn't bother me too much actually.

What I really disliked about 2 was the build up to the Qunari as the baddies and then that's done with in act 2 and the big bad is then there. I wanted a qunari end boss but whatever it was still neat.

Madame Adequate
03-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Yeah I like the Fade itself, it just drags on kind of twice as long as is welcome.

In 2 the random extra waves of enemies weren't a huge amount of fun but it didn't wreck the game for me like it did some people. Same with the like two dungeons that exist and are reused for 36 ostensibly different dungeons. Annoying, not a huge deal though.

In Inq I don't like the combat much, it felt very constrained and with enemies who were rarely interesting to fight, they just damage sponges.