PDA

View Full Version : Kaidan Appreciation Thread

Freya
03-14-2016, 06:39 PM
http://orig00.deviantart.net/9bbb/f/2012/137/1/b/kaidan_says_deal_with_it_by_txmn1016-d5045hc.jpg

He's super sweet and cute and if you killed him you're a bad person.

You can't come in here hating on Kaidan. :colbert: This is for appreciating him. I know a lot of you hate him, and you're wrong, because he's the best.

Have a photoshopped picture of Luciano Costa, the model for the character, as Kaidan!

http://img11.deviantart.net/a5fc/i/2013/139/9/d/kaidan_alenko_by_alexjoyce-d65tpge.jpg

Psychotic
03-14-2016, 06:41 PM
He's super sweet and cute and if you killed him you're a bad person.Exactly. Renegade Life. :cool:

Freya
03-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Shame. You couldn't romance him if you killed him and romancing him is the best. It's super cute!

Formalhaut
03-14-2016, 06:50 PM
When I replay Mass Effect with the Male!Shep, I'm planning on romancing Kaiden. I have to wait fully two games to do so, but it'll be worth it, hopefully.

I never disliked Kaiden, to be honest. It's just I was going for the full gamut of biotic potential (ME1: Vanguard, ME2: Adept, ME3: Sentinel) and Kaiden didn't quite fit.

I'll be dropping Ashley though for my Soldier/Infiltrator/Engineer playthrough.

Freya
03-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Yah I played infiltrator through... a few different times haha. So having him as a team mate worked out. But to be honest i just did wrex and garrus. Wasn't until 3 that i used him and garrus instead.

Pumpkin
03-14-2016, 07:09 PM
I don't like him so far

But um... his hair is p. nice

Formalhaut
03-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Yah I played infiltrator through... a few different times haha. So having him as a team mate worked out. But to be honest i just did wrex and garrus. Wasn't until 3 that i used him and garrus instead.

I'm least looking forward to my Infiltrator playthrough, if only because stealth has never been my forte. Which is why I'm doing doing it for ME3, where most enemies have an insta-kill move and fighting is tougher in general. :roll2

Freya
03-14-2016, 08:09 PM
As long as you can snipe, you'll be fine. The Stealth aspects really just give you time to get better cover so you can pew pew some more.

Freya
03-14-2016, 08:10 PM
As long as you can snipe, you'll be fine. The Stealth aspects really just give you time to get better cover so you can pew pew some more.

I don't like him so far

But um... his hair is p. nice
What.. why not? At least he's not racist like Ashley.

Madame Adequate
03-14-2016, 08:16 PM
I actually like Kaiden a whole lot, he's an adorable dork :jess: That said I also like Ashley a whole lot so making that choice is never pleasant :(

Pumpkin
03-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Is... is Ashley a racist? I haven't played far in to 3 yet

Freya
03-14-2016, 08:37 PM
It's in 1, she changes if your'e nice to her but she's always talking about how she doesn't like the turians or the other races. It's not full blown racism just her upbringing shaped her and if you're nice to her she comes to accept them.

Kaidan accepts them already :colbert:

Pumpkin
03-14-2016, 08:38 PM
He's been kinda douchey though so far

His outfit is pretty cool :monster:

Formalhaut
03-15-2016, 01:25 AM
Kaiden is pretty vanilla in ME1, though apparently he gets much better in the later games.

Freya: When sniping, does time slow down at all? I'm not the best at shooters, therefore I'm not the best at precise aiming. Also, I'd have to be leading from the back, which will be interesting.

Mirage
03-15-2016, 01:49 AM
no time slowdown. But you can freeze time when using skills/powers so you're not sol

Mr. Carnelian
03-15-2016, 02:13 AM
I actually like Kaiden a whole lot, he's an adorable dork :jess: That said I also like Ashley a whole lot so making that choice is never pleasant :(

Same. I like them both. I don't really understand people hating Kaidan, he's a sweetie.

Madame Adequate
03-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Plus I can 800% sympathize with his headaches :(

Forsaken Lover
03-16-2016, 10:02 PM
He was boring in 1.
He pissed me off in 2.
He saved my life in 3 and I made sure to visit him in the hospital as often as possible. My Shepard wasn't nice, but she wasn't an unnecessary bitch, either.

He also has one of the best scenes in the game, inquiring about your time with Cerberus and your views of The Illusive Man. It was the one time in ME2 the game actually let me roleplay my Shepard like how I played her in 2.