PDA

View Full Version : Cursed by PAL

Midgar Mist
03-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Fellow PAL regioners.....do any of you feel cursed being in this region?

As a retro gamer, stepping on a minefield of ridiculous region codes means I cannot try the following games

Valkyrie Profile
Parasite Eve
Any of the Persona games earlier than 3

:argh:

Maybe an emulator is the answer but....I might run in to some region code trap on my PC also (sigh)

Shauna
03-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Valykrie Profile and Persona 1 and one of the Persona 2 games were released on PSP.

Old Manus
03-14-2016, 10:25 PM
The joke is on NTSC as we'd all beaten the Dark Aeons and Penance over a decade before they got to see them in the remaster.

Mirage
03-14-2016, 11:51 PM
Not anymore.

PS3, PSP and PS4 games are all region free (except like literally 2 games for ps3). The PS1/2 classics on the north american PSN store can be accessed from an european PS3/4 if you want to jump through a few extra hoops. Everything that isn't available on the stores can easily and legally be played in an emulator (assuming you have the game disc).

The only consoles that really have this problem nowadays is Nintendo's stuff, but you can pretty much ignore them at this point as they have almost no games you can't find elsewhere, and Wii can be easily emulated as well.

Midgar Mist
03-15-2016, 01:22 AM
the fact that they started being region free with PS3 kinda sucks. I cant afford these new machines, not yet. I'm resigned to the fact that i will always be behind.

but.....it might be worth getting a PSP

Mirage
03-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Would it have sucked less if they didn't give take off the locks? :p

Can't really call a PS3 a new machine anymore anyway :p, it's 10 years old.

Midgar Mist
03-15-2016, 01:51 AM
But....new games are still released on it.

I shall figure stuff out someday....

Mirage
03-15-2016, 01:53 AM
But....new games are still released on it.

barely :p, they're usually stripped down versions of PS4/xb1 games that run at pretty poor framerates, and there are getting fewer and fewer of them