PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider yourself...

FFNut
03-16-2016, 11:38 PM
Do you consider yourself either Handsome or good looking? I was thinking about this today after witnessing a guy getting shot down bye a very beautiful woman. He asked her if she would like to go out with a ruggedly handsome man where she replied it's not up to you to consider if you are handsome or not. So I was wondering EOFF. Do you consider yourself handsome and/or good looking?

starlet
03-17-2016, 12:09 AM
Depends on the day. Some people on these forums have been putting the idea in my head that I might be though ;)

Psychotic
03-17-2016, 12:48 AM
Everyone I've invited to extended sleepovers in my basement has said I'm handsome. Sometimes it takes a few months for them to realise my beauty - merely hours if I blast songs from Sesame Street at an ear splitting volume at them for some reason - but they always get there in the end. Yes sirree, Final Fantasy forums are a great way to make new friends. :)

Pike
03-17-2016, 12:48 AM
Nope

Pheesh
03-17-2016, 12:52 AM
I'm not too sure, and I'm not ashamed to say it's a question that plays on my mind often (although less so ever since I've been in a relationship because she seems to think I am which is all that really matters). I think that my physique puts me out of the running for straight up, one glance hotness. I'm quite skinny and have never really put in any effort to change that. So that leaves general presentation and facial features, which is where I honestly don't know because, I mean, I've been staring at the same face in the mirror all my life. Things that may stick out as either attractive or unattractive look like the most normal facial features in the world to me. There are some things that I objectively feel good about, appearance wise; I keep my hair presentable and style it well, I have a nice smile and take good care of my teeth, my facial hair is still a bit on the bum fluff side of things but it suits me even now and can only get better, and I don't have any major blemishes and am not prone to outbreaks of pimples. So that just leaves stuff like jaw-line and bone structure and all that other stuff that I honestly have no idea about, and honestly I think that stuff isn't easily definable anyway. There's no set measure for what any one person will find attractive.

Also, this isn't physical attractiveness, but my confidence goes through the roof if I know someone has seen me play drums or something. I'm confident in my ability to impress while doing that so naturally I feel more attractive in the eyes of someone who has just seen me do the thing I do best. I'm sure everyone has something like that though.

Aulayna
03-17-2016, 01:11 AM
Not in the slightest. I am incredibly insecure about the way I look, to the point I often feel physically sick if I see photos of myself.

Crop
03-17-2016, 01:14 AM
Sure do!

SammieBabe
03-17-2016, 01:16 PM
I think I'm cute, but that's about it. My face is pretty, but the rest of me leaves something to be desired.

Pumpkin
03-17-2016, 01:17 PM
No, not really. I'm not the ugliest thing but I could certainly look better

Fynn
03-17-2016, 01:21 PM
I think my face looks pretty okay, and I have heard people tell me I am handsome (aside from my wife, it's mostly men, strangely enough). My body requires some work, but I still feel pretty comfortable about it. In general, I feel comfortable in my skin, and I think that's what matters the most.

blackmage_nuke
03-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Depends on the angle you look at

Night Fury
03-17-2016, 02:07 PM
I think I used to be better looking than I am now, but I also care a lot less if people find me attractive or not. I think I have better qualities in myself that I would rather they admire, like my sense of humour or that I'm smart.

Basically this.

http://dm286ui7960ke.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cy-gif-1.gif?6ee7ea

Shauna
03-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Night Fury has it right for my own feelings too. Also she quoted Grey's Anatomy which makes it even more right.

Chris
03-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Yes. I think (and know) that I am handsome. If you feel, and know and accept this, don't be shy or falsely modest about it. Embrace it, and enjoy the compliments.

http://s23.postimg.org/cb3dhmlzr/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/cb3dhmlzr/)

;)

Kalevala
03-17-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't think I'm hideous but as far as self-esteem goes I definitely play it up a lot. I certainly don't think I'm as good looking as I'll occasionally jokingly let on.

sinuosity
03-18-2016, 04:12 AM
Kinda sad to see attractive people feeling insecure about their looks here.

I used to care about this a lot, but I (thankfully) don't anymore. I do my best to keep myself in good shape and that's it.

Bubba
03-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I think I'm quite attractive. Everyone has their own insecurities though. I hate my nose, I think it looks like a bird's beak. I've got ridiculously small ears. Plus, I've got lots of scars all over my body from various incidents and operations. Like a lot of people, I suppose I get hung up on the negatives instead of focussing on the positives.

fire_of_avalon
03-20-2016, 05:26 AM
For the most part, nah, and I think the world agrees with me. I have some interesting features and I have my good days like most people, but I'm never going to win any beauty contests. I only care when I go to an event that will be photographed because I hate photos of myself that I don't control. Otherwise I can honestly say I hardly ever look in a mirror.

Aerith's Knight
03-20-2016, 12:31 PM
I would be handsome if I lost 40 pounds.

And I only lost 10 in the 2 months I spent in Paul's basement, so not yet, no.

Galuf
03-20-2016, 04:13 PM
nope.

i hate seeing myself.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-20-2016, 06:17 PM
I have a handsome face, especially when I bother to take care of it and clean it up. As for my body, it needs work and I could stand to lose some weight and gain some definition. Though I am good at hiding it usually with clothes so it isn't as noticeable. Being shirtless bothers me though. :/

Bubba
03-20-2016, 08:46 PM
I would be handsome if I lost 40 pounds.

Iceglow
03-20-2016, 09:56 PM
This is one of those questions where, if you answer wrong you're accused of the greatest conceit and arrogance, I hate being asked this and will usually always avoid it or put a strong sarcastic answer out there.

That said, I do believe in paying attention to what people have to say to you. The fact that I have never really had to try hard to attract members of the opposite gender in to a romantic/sexual situation and the fact that when I put myself down (which is fairly often) I am often told not to be silly by female friends and strangers whom I might be talking to on an evening out. I've also usually had at least one bloke hit on me during any forays in to town with friends which have resulted in me visiting a gay bar with them.

As such, from experience I can say that whilst, I may not be the most handsome or good looking man in the world, or even in most instances in the room, I am also not the worst looking and would say I probably fall in to the above average category when it comes to looks. I've always insisted that I make up for anything I lack in looks with humour and charm.

Madame Adequate
03-20-2016, 11:22 PM
I was gonna say "Christ no" but I mean, that guy just posted, in comparison I'm Adonis.

fire_of_avalon
03-21-2016, 04:06 AM
Hey I also just wanted to say that EoFf is a collection of some of the best looking people I've ever seen doing the same thing. So yeah, you're all good looking to me! Of course I get twitterpated over bread, so.

Loony BoB
03-21-2016, 02:16 PM
I have some days where I think I look really good. Not common, though. I think I'm fairly average. I'd like to say that I don't really care (and for about a decade, I more often than not was perfectly fine with my looks) but in the past year or so it has been at the back of my mind a little.

Mr. Carnelian
03-22-2016, 12:34 PM
When I remember to sort my facial hair out I look alright.

Formalhaut
03-22-2016, 12:56 PM
When I remember to sort my facial hair out I look alright.

You look more than alright. ;)

Fynn
03-22-2016, 12:59 PM
You guys at it again :p

sharkythesharkdogg
03-22-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm completely average, but I don't view that as a bad thing.

Being average height, average weight, and average appearance means that people don't immediately form an opinion of me. At least I don't think so.

It gives them a better chance to meet my personality with out too many preconceived notions. I feel I'm pretty funny, easy to talk to, and testing says I'm above average intelligence. So I'll take average appearance and a decent personality. I like me.