PDA

View Full Version : Stardew Valley

Night Fury
03-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Is anyone else playing Stardew Valley? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs)

It's awesome! I've clocked quite a lot of hours on it. Ahem. It is SO cute, and was made completely by one person! :D

Psychotic
03-18-2016, 08:14 PM
I've been watching a let's play of it and it looks awesome. I really dig the graphical style and think there's some really cute and clever touches. I don't know if I want to play it myself right now, simply because I can see myself getting a little addicted and I have a couple of other things I'm doing in my spare time. But I do intend to pick it up at some point.

Night Fury
03-18-2016, 08:16 PM
I haven't watched any Let's Plays as there are so many I wouldn't know where to start. I also would find that watching someone else play it might change my style of play. I know that I don't plant a lot of crops, I've spent the first two years on it mining for collectables and raising animals! I have an awesome duck coop :D :D

Freya
03-18-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm waiting for it to go on sale. Not because i don't think it's worth it I just can't justify buying another game right now haha. I can usually win an argument with myself when things go on sale for new games.

Galuf
03-18-2016, 08:31 PM
Whats a DewStar Canyon?

Shauna
03-18-2016, 09:23 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/413150/

Pike
03-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Looks like Harvest Moon. Is that kind of what this plays like?

Psychotic
03-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Yes I think it's very much a homage.

Shauna
03-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Yeah, from what I've seen it's kind of Harvest Moon with crafting elements added in (I do not know if HM traditionally has crafting)

Pike
03-18-2016, 09:40 PM
I honestly haven't played Harvest Moon in like ten years so who knows what the new Harvest Moon games have got!

I'll probably pick this thing up when it goes on sale (joke's on me I pick up every game that goes on sale)

Sephex
03-18-2016, 09:42 PM
I've been playing it and I am really digging it. Once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop said ball.

Pumpkin
03-18-2016, 09:54 PM
I got a request to play and review it but I already have so many games that I won't get to this one anytime soon. It looks pretty neat though and a lot of people seem to be fans so I do hope to play it eventually!

Night Fury
03-18-2016, 10:02 PM
I've been playing it and I am really digging it. Once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop said ball.

Ahh! I'd love to visit your farm when it goes multiplayer!!!! :D :D :D

Sephex
03-19-2016, 01:53 AM

Ahh! I'd love to visit your farm when it goes multiplayer!!!! :D :D :D

My farm is such crap right now, I've been focusing on other stuff! I mean, I am doing alright, but yeah.

maybee
03-19-2016, 02:33 AM
I want to play this game so bad, it looks so adorable ;-; !

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Why the hell do I even play this game? Why do I care enough to fight my way through a bloody mine, to get ore for sprinklers, so I can more easily plant crops that I SHOULD NOT CARE ABOUT.

AAAARGH.

Fuck it, I'mma be the best farmer ever.

-Mr. Potatohead, Best farm, Stardew Valley

Shauna
03-31-2016, 06:13 PM
It is payday and I am incredibly tempted to pick this up, despite knowing that I will hardly play it because I will play a million other things over this game every time. xD

Aerith's Knight
03-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Do it.

I beat the game. 42 hours, 6 of which was waiting for a bloody duck feather.

I made the best farm. I'm awesome.

-Mr. Potatohead, Best Farm, Stardew Valley.

Skyblade
04-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Do it.

I beat the game. 42 hours, 6 of which was waiting for a bloody duck feather.

I made the best farm. I'm awesome.

-Mr. Potatohead, Best Farm, Stardew Valley.

I actually restarted before beating it. I ran into some personal aesthetic issues with how my farm was laid out, and I figured that restarting would be the easiest way to reshape it. Since I know a bit of what I'm doing, it's progressed a bit smoother. But sweet bajeebas, there is a lot of content in this game.

Aerith's Knight
04-07-2016, 06:43 PM
I actually restarted before beating it. I ran into some personal aesthetic issues with how my farm was laid out, and I figured that restarting would be the easiest way to reshape it. Since I know a bit of what I'm doing, it's progressed a bit smoother. But sweet bajeebas, there is a lot of content in this game.

Yup, still, once you've done it all, it becomes a G-farm. No need to continue. I basically only stayed on for the last bundle, and even then I was sleeping at 11AM.

Sometimes I see these people streaming this game, in the winter of year 2 (I finished at 3rd of winter year 2), with no money, running around inefficiently collecting trash and going mining without focusing only on the stuff that's important. And I think to myself, what the hell have they been doing for the past 40 hours of that game? Learn to optimize!

They weren't even using sprinklers! Barbarians.

Psychotic
04-09-2016, 06:52 PM
I don't know if I want to play it myself right now, simply because I can see myself getting a little addictedUPDATE: this happened

Night Fury
04-09-2016, 06:54 PM
ONE OF US

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 07:51 AM
I only started playing on Tuesday, I've already put in 24 hours and it's only Fall. Please God have mercy.

Sephex
04-11-2016, 03:02 PM
I've been playing this game way more passively. I am doing pretty good on keeping up with the community center, upgrading tools, and making a good buck. Also trying to get in a relationship with Abigail because I am absolutely in love with her because she has a Chrono Trigger poster and a SNES she seems like a cool girl. I am at the beginning of winter and as the game suggested, I am going to upgrade the hell out of tons of things and prepare for a mad money spring for year 2.

Night Fury
04-11-2016, 06:34 PM
If it's Abbie you're after gift her Amethyst every day!

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Abigail has a guinea pig too!

I'm kind of dating her and Haley and Penny :shobon:

Sephex
04-11-2016, 07:29 PM
If it's Abbie you're after gift her Amethyst every day!

I have indeed been giving her delicious rocks.

Night Fury
04-11-2016, 08:55 PM
I married Elliot but am now bored of him so have been giving Alex presents on the sly ;)

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 10:35 PM
She also loves pumpkins!

The trick is never to get married. I have three characters classed as my girlfriend and there's no negative impact to this whatsoever. Other than my need to give them gifts every week!

Night Fury
04-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Also though my best friend is Linus the homeless man.

Psychotic
04-11-2016, 11:06 PM
He's everyone's best friend.

Also WINTER IS HERE oh god how do i make the moneys now please send help

Night Fury
04-11-2016, 11:30 PM
You need to access the greenhouse by completing the community centre challenges. Greenhouse will grow anything year round! First winter is HARD AS BALLS. Scavenge for fruits from the ground and make preserves! Have you got animals? GO AND MINE AND GET LOADS OF ROCKS AND trout.

Oh man, that's a though - does anyone else find the fishing REALLY HARD? I CAN NOT even deal with it.

Skyblade
04-12-2016, 05:40 AM
You need to access the greenhouse by completing the community centre challenges. Greenhouse will grow anything year round! First winter is HARD AS BALLS. Scavenge for fruits from the ground and make preserves! Have you got animals? GO AND MINE AND GET LOADS OF ROCKS AND trout.

Oh man, that's a though - does anyone else find the fishing REALLY HARD? I CAN NOT even deal with it.

Buy Trout Soup. It raises your Fishing Level by 1. The higher your fishing level, the steadier your bar. And the more fish you catch, the higher level you get naturally. Just one Trout Soup and one day fishing can gain you a level, which makes fishing much easier next time.

Psychotic
04-12-2016, 08:41 AM
I used to find fishing hard and then I got this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/easier-fishing.107819/ and ta-da, no worries for the rest of my days! I find it a lot more fun now :)

There's all sorts of cool mods out there. I mostly like all the ones that change the breed of your cat/dog/horse. Yes, there are already two horse -> chocobo mods.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-12-2016, 01:25 PM
It definitely seems like a Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing homage with strong Earthbound aesthetic vibes.

Seems like a pretty good combination of themes.

Bubba
04-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Buy Trout Soup.

This sounds entirely unappetising and I blame EOFF for this.

Sephex
04-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Buy Trout Soup.

I actually thought the same thing and laughed out loud when I saw that said in game.

Anyway, my girlfriend is now playing the game like crazy, too! Since we are on opposite sleeping schedules now, she literally plays all night when I sleep for work. We both have our in game crushes and graphically describe the kind of sex we're gonna have to our mate of choice. This proves once again that I'm in the best real life relationship I've ever been in.

Though she did get mad at me for wondering if the carpet was also purple on Abigail. I'd say its a valid question.

Slothy
04-14-2016, 03:45 PM
Buy Trout Soup.

EoFF has ruined my ability to read fish names and watch 80's cartoons.

Psychotic
04-17-2016, 10:25 PM
So now I have four girlfriends, four cows, four ducks, four chickens and one wife, one pig, one sheep and one goat.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-18-2016, 01:06 PM
So now I have four girlfriends, four cows, four ducks, four chickens and one wife, one pig, one sheep and one goat.

Where I'm from, that sounds like a family reunion.

Psychotic
04-19-2016, 10:49 PM
I just hit my 60th hour and I think I'm finally satisfied that I'm done. Everyone in town adores me, I saved the little Juminos and the community centre, I've traversed every dungeon and I have a thriving and successful farm. It's been a long time since I've been so enamoured and addicted to a game. A truly charming and absorbing experience that I've been so utterly wrapped up in, every day for the past few weeks I've been looking to getting home to play some more Stardew. Easily one of my all time favourite games. Feels sad to say goodbye, but I've ended on a real high. Farewell Stardew Valley and thanks for the memories. :)

...at least until you add multiplayer ;)

Freya
10-04-2016, 03:47 PM
BUMP

So just started officially playing this, this weekend. I feel like I'm not progressing as fast as I want to. I'm just in my first summer season but I want a kitchen already!

Shauna
10-05-2016, 05:57 PM
There's been some updates to the game made today! Dunno how much stuff is in there that would interest someone who's "finished" with the game, but yeah.

Freya
10-05-2016, 06:09 PM
I know they added in a cellar. Also when you start you can pick a different "type" of farm. Also two characters are now marry-able. Not sure the other details but that's what I saw!

Also I modded in Harvey's old portrait because I don't like his current pedo-stache.

Also I found a mod called Square-Dew Valley (http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/537/?). If you wanted Square Enix characters instead of villagers haha

or you can change your horse to a chocobo (http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/horse-replacement-chocobo.109283/) bahaha

http://i.imgur.com/0Np4Yr1.png

Vyk
10-06-2016, 01:28 AM
Can't wait until it comes to consoles~ But its nice that they added Emily. I was sad she was unavailable the first time. I haven't beaten it, but put a good 50 hours in, and I wouldn't mind putting another few dozen

Freya
08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
BUMP AGAIN.

So multiplayer is coming in early 2018. (http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/)

You can have up to 3 people joining your farm as farm hands. I hope we will have a EoFF farm at some point

Psychotic
08-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Hurrah! I've recently been playing the makeshift multiplayer mod http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/501/? it works really well and is super fun.

Night Fury
08-08-2017, 01:55 AM
I wonder if this might be worth picking back up again with all the new additions. I put in a lot of hours first time around and it's a wonderful game but very easy to just hammer out 50-60 hours once and leave it....

What do you think Psy?

Psychotic
08-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Do it! Fill it up with every mod you can and go hog wild!

Freya
08-08-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm going to second that! Do it!

Alright, I really only have two mods and I changed some of the portraits cause I hate a lot of the hairdos. (been playing it again today)

I am going to recommend the mods Lookup Anything and NPC Map Locations. Lookup Anything lets you push F1 when hovering over a character or item and it'll tell you what they like and dislike if it's a person and if it's an item it'll tell you where it can be used, even for the community bundles. NPC map locations is pretty explanitory. It let's you see where NPCs are on the map real time. I hated having to hunt them down to try to give them things.

So I recommend both of those mods. If anyone else knows of some fun ones, please advise!

Skyblade
10-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Been playing it a lot since the Switch version came out. I do have the GOG version that I've played off and on for a while, but I've gone in a lot more seriously now that it's out for Switch.

The update that added in the different farmhouses is really nice. My current playthrough I'm going with the Cliffside one. I figured I didn't really need the extra farm space, and was hoping that it might be possible to get Amethysts early (it's not) so that I could build up Abigail's Friendship enough to take her on the dance on the first year. No luck there, but I DID manage to get into the mines as early as possible and save/reset my way to getting a couple Amethysts that first week. So I wasn't a total loner at the dance this time (yay).

Managed to snag a Sandfish from the traveling merchant, while I'm still 35,000 gold away from unlocking the desert, and that was the last fish I needed to complete the Fishtank (yay). Currently doing really well on bundles. Halfway through Fall, but I only need 2 Winter Forage Items to finish that room, and most of the rest is complete except for Artisan/Animal items and the Bulletin Board.

Just upgraded my house for the first time, so I haven't done any cooking yet. I'll have to start building a Coop/Barn soon and experimenting with trees to get the rest of the bundles complete, but I should have the Community Center rebuilt well before the end of the second year... I hope.

Anyway, sorry if this counts as a necro, I just really wanted to talk about the game some right now. I'm really looking forward to the multiplayer patch.

Freya
10-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Ooo yeah I forgot about new switch players. I got married on mine recently! Have you picked a spouse yet? Or are you romancing someone?

Del Murder
10-11-2017, 09:04 PM
My wife has gotten quickly addicted to the Switch version. :p

Skyblade
10-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Ooo yeah I forgot about new switch players. I got married on mine recently! Have you picked a spouse yet? Or are you romancing someone?

I decided to go for Abigail this run. The opinion of most of my household is that she's overall the best written of the characters. Managed to start actually dating her, and I just finished the first house expansion, but not sure when I'll actually get married. Have to plan out the perfect day, in case an anniversary celebration becomes a thing, as well as make sure that my schedule and money situations are handled.

If we can get a multiplayer game going, though, we're going to romance each other (you can romance both another player and an NPC, but we're not taking that route).

Psychotic
10-12-2017, 09:52 AM
My wife has gotten quickly addicted to the Switch version. :pShe's leaving you for Alex.

Freya
10-12-2017, 02:26 PM

I decided to go for Abigail this run. The opinion of most of my household is that she's overall the best written of the characters. Managed to start actually dating her, and I just finished the first house expansion, but not sure when I'll actually get married. Have to plan out the perfect day, in case an anniversary celebration becomes a thing, as well as make sure that my schedule and money situations are handled.

If we can get a multiplayer game going, though, we're going to romance each other (you can romance both another player and an NPC, but we're not taking that route).

Whoa there Skyblade, you're coming on to me ;) We haven't even met yet!

I married Elliot because he occasionally gives you coffee :D

Sephex
10-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Back when I played this I married Abigail because she owns a SNES and has a Chrono Trigger poster. I'm sure I said this in the thread before, but as a bonus to that story, anyone who saw the Pro Jared review of the game knows that he came to the same conclusion (I actually did what I did prior to his review). I was at a con over the summer where he was that and I got to tell him that myself, which he got a huge kick out of. Yes, us 30 somethings have our priorities straight!

Psychotic
10-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Yep, same - Abigail was my first wife for those exact reasons. Plus the added bonus of getting a pet guinea pig out of it!

Slothy
10-12-2017, 05:40 PM
I have to concur with all of these Abigail posts.

Night Fury
10-13-2017, 05:29 AM

Whoa there Skyblade, you're coming on to me ;) We haven't even met yet!

I married Elliot because he occasionally gives you coffee :D

I married Elliot too!

Skyblade
10-13-2017, 07:05 AM
Has anyone tried the new Emily/Shane romances?

Psychotic
10-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Has anyone tried the new Emily/Shane romances?Yes, I married Emily in my second playthrough. You get a bird in your house that makes a godawful noise. Forever.

Skyblade
10-16-2017, 05:30 AM
Has anyone tried the new Emily/Shane romances?Yes, I married Emily in my second playthrough. You get a bird in your house that makes a godawful noise. Forever.

Quietly crosses Emily off the list of future potential spouses.

I do find it interesting that, after I started dating Abigail, her parents started occassionally referencing our relationship. That's one thing that's usually missing from the Harvest Moon games, as your chosen one's friends and spouses will usually only notice that there's something going on during your actual wedding.

drotato
02-13-2018, 06:21 PM
So, this thread is dead, but I am reviving it to tell you I re-downloaded it and put a troutton of pokemon mods on it, and they are so... so adorable. They are everything. *sobs*https://imgur.com/a/20QWk

Feraetheris
02-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Dead or not.... I am a fan here... who has invested 300+ hours into the game and I have most important questiont to all of you..... tell me... your first plauthrough... map and person you married. For me it was forest farm (it is quite nostalgic go me) and Sebastian... Also would like to add some friends on PS4 account.. you know for trophy race ;)

Vyk
02-17-2018, 01:28 PM
My first run was on PC, before they let you choose a farm type. And I married Penny. I had to quit playing as it was eating my life for a couple weeks, and then I got it on console and can't get back into it for some reason. Now I'm sad I forced myself to quit prematurely

Værn
03-01-2018, 04:41 PM
I had a lot of fun with the game, but I got pulled away from it by another game that one of my friends gifted to me and never got back to finishing it. I'm going to start over and play with a couple of friends when the multiplayer is released :excited:

Freya
03-01-2018, 09:38 PM
It should be soon!

Vyk
03-04-2018, 04:22 AM
They've been hinting multiplayer for like a year :( And lately they've been showing a bit of favoritism for the Switch, as last I heard, that was going to be the first console to get multiplayer (why?). Though I do know why it's taking so long, since every time I hear about it, they're pushing a new feature. Not just a second player, but a character in your world with a house, and also the ability to marry them, which is crazy awesome